Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Nigerian Men And Flowers - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men And Flowers (9296 Views)

Valentine: Will Naija Girls Accept Greetings Card And Flowers / Nigerian Babes And Flowers / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Queenisha: 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2008
My man has bought me flowers from the subway on just regular no celebration days and I was thoroughly wowed.
It's a good romantic gesture even if he plucks it off the cemetery lots ROFL as long as I don't know that fact LOL

Tufia I no want dead people fulawa abeg
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by onyinye2(f): 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

lol

Hope You are not planning to marry an Igbo guy with that mentality.  cheesy Flowers? Girl, please!!!!
I do plan on marrying an igbo guy and he will buy me flowers on my birthday and Valentine's Day. To me, it is wonderful romantic gesture.
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Uche2nna(m): 11:47pm On Aug 16, 2008
Queenisha:

You don't have to buy a bouquet of exotic flowers.
If you live here in the USA,a small bundle of roses at Publix or kroger will do

you can even find very cheap deals at train stations or from roadside Mexican hawkers lipsrsealed
how will she know?

grin grin grin grin

Try bringing flowers to a naija girl. She happily accepts them and then turn back and ask You "Okay, where is the gift now"?

To most of them, flowers are meant to accomapny gifts. So why bother. Just buy the gifts and leave the flowers alone.

Personally, I would not even want to buy something that would wilt away the next day.
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

lol

Hope You are not planning to marry an Igbo guy with that mentality. cheesy Flowers? Girl, please!!!!
Uche, I want flowers from you. smiley
Where are they?
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Uche2nna(m): 11:50pm On Aug 16, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Uche, I want flowers from you. smiley
Where are they?

They are the strings holding the box of chocolates I am about to send. Hope U like that wink
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by onyinye2(f): 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2008
Oka Uche, you are refusing to buy simple flowers for your one and only true destined love of your life who holds your heart dear close to hers with all are God giving might, you won't even bother to buy her one white rose?
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

They are the strings holding the box of chocolates I am about to send. Hope You like that wink
why on a box of chocolate, why not on top of a new Lexus? sad
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Uche2nna(m): 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2008
onyinye2:

Oka Uche, you are refusing to buy simple flowers for your one and only true destined love of your life who holds your heart dear close to hers with all are God giving might, you won't even bother to buy her one white rose?

There are other simple things to buy. Things that would last longer than a white rose. Unless U want me to get those plastic/ artificial flowers. I can do that.  grin
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Queenisha: 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2008
onyinye2:

I do plan on marrying an igbo guy and he will buy me flowers on my birthday and Valentine's Day. To me, it is wonderful romantic gesture.

onyinye there are men like that and I'm married to one. cool
Since I met him I receive flowers with gifts every Birthday,valentine and mothers day.
He sent me the biggest basket of flowers at the hospital at the birth of our babies.
But flowers are not the test of romance though.
Some Nigerian men are slow at catching on.
Just manage him if he doesn't buy them
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Uche2nna(m): 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

why on a box of chocolate, why not on top of a new Lexus? sad

I pity your future husband , walahi  grin

U and ur expensive taste cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 16, 2008
onyinye2:

Me too! Just hope he buys it with something special. . . .something shiny or sth green tongue
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Queenisha: 11:56pm On Aug 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

There are other simple things to buy. Things that would last longer than a white rose. Unless You want me to get those plastic/ artificial flowers. I can do that.  grin

It's not the fact that they die,it's the way you'll make her feel.
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 16, 2008
Uche2nna:

I pity your future husband , walahi grin

You and your expensive taste cheesy
I pity you too cool grin

@post
What is the point of flowers?
They die!! They smelly funky (not a good thing)
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Uche2nna(m): 11:58pm On Aug 16, 2008
Queenisha:

It's not the fact that they die,it's the way you'll make her feel.

I dont intend to be a jerk, but apart from flowers (that is an economic waste if u ask me) aint there other things U can do that would make her go gaga
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by onyinye2(f): 11:59pm On Aug 16, 2008
Queenisha:

Since I met him I receive flowers with gifts every Birthday,valentine and mothers day.
He sent me the biggest basket of flowers at the hospital at the birth of our babies.
Manage gini? Is it hard to buy a bouquet of flowers i mean come on. I will even accept a box of chocolate turtle with the caramel in the middle. Is that too much to ask for?

Uche2nna:

There are other simple things to buy. Things that would last longer than a white rose. Unless You want me to get those plastic/ artificial flowers. I can do that.  grin
You would buy her what? A nice silver pot to cook food for you? Oh oka i see.
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Uche2nna(m): 12:00am On Aug 17, 2008
Queenisha:

Bottom line,

Dont go into ur marriage expecting that kind of gesture of love.
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 17, 2008
onyinye2:

You would buy her what? A nice silver pot to cook food for you? Oh oka i see.
That's not a bad gift.
If I was a mother, I'd love that.
Something useful, some that'll last long, and sth that'll actually take care of my family.
And BtW, I love shopping for kitchenware. . . . I don't know why, but I love decorating the kitchen wiv nice stuff cool
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Queenisha: 12:02am On Aug 17, 2008
Uche2nna:

I don't intend to be a jerk, but apart from flowers (that is an economic waste if u ask me) aint there other things You can do that would make her go gaga

c'mon
is a box of chocolates not a waste?
afterall they may end up on her hips
$15 flowers 3 times a year?
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Uche2nna(m): 12:03am On Aug 17, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I pity you too cool grin

@post
What is the point of flowers?
They die!! They smelly funky (not a good thing)

Ma point exactly!!! However, I hope u are not substituting a bouquet of flowers with a Lexus  shocked
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by onyinye2(f): 12:04am On Aug 17, 2008
To me flowers mean alot. I have always adored them. Every morning i go outside, do my meditation next to my garden of passion flowers. So what is wrong with a guy buying me a bouquet of tulips(my fav)
Uche2nna:

Bottom line,

Dont go into your marriage expecting that kind of gesture of love.
Oh yes i will.

Ruby_Pearl:

That's not a bad gift.
Something useful, some that'll last long, and sth that'll actually take care of my family.
And BtW, I love shopping for kitchenware. . . . I don't know why, but I love decorating the kitchen with nice stuff cool
NOPE!!!!!!! I don't want no stupid pot. I can always just go to Wal Mart and buy one. That aint romantic at all.
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Queenisha: 12:04am On Aug 17, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

That's not a bad gift.
And BtW, I love shopping for kitchenware. . . . I don't know why, but I love decorating the kitchen with nice stuff cool

It's a very bad gift
Tufia
please don't ever let your man give you kitchen utensils as birthday presents.
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Queenisha: 12:06am On Aug 17, 2008
onyinye2:

NOPE!!!!!!! I don't want no stupid pot. I can always just go to Wal Mart and buy one. That aint romantic at all.

Smart girl!!
no frying spoons and pans either
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Uche2nna(m): 12:07am On Aug 17, 2008
Queenisha:

c'mon
is a box of chocolates not a waste?
afterall they may end up on her hips
$15 flowers 3 times a year?

It is ok to do that and not that expensive but I am just saying that I would rather buy something else than a buy a flower. However, if the woman in question makes so much fuss about that , then I would get her some flowers.
Ruby_Pearl:

Me too! Just hope he buys it with something special. . . .something shiny or sth green tongue

Hmmmmmmmm,
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Queenisha: 12:09am On Aug 17, 2008
Uche2nna:

It is ok to do that and not that expensive but I am just saying that I would rather buy something else than a buy a flower.[b] However, if the woman in question makes so much fuss about that , then I would get her some flowers.[/b]Hmmmmmmmm,

I'm telling you not to let her make a fuss just get the stinking flowers
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 17, 2008
Uche2nna:

Ma point exactly!!! However, I hope u are not substituting a bouquet of flowers with a Lexus shocked
I know who I'll end up with before I say "I do".
If I know he's not romantic I won't get mad because he's not romantic. I'll just try to hint him once in a while.

But if he dares forget that it's my birthday, our anniversary, etc, then IT is on!!.

I can do without flwers, thank you!!

Queenisha:

It's a very bad gift
Tufia
please don't ever let your man give you kitchen utensils as birthday presents.

No, you're right.

But if my man comes home one day with a nice pot that he "saw in the store and thought I'd like", I'll be very happy. Cuz he was thinking of me. As I said, I love decorating the house, love shopping to make my house nice.
I'd feel special cuz he was thinking of me, and knew I'd be happy to have that pot.

Not every man helps a woman around the kitchen, you know.
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 17, 2008
Uche2nna:

Hmmmmmmmm,
Did I ever tell you I loff it when you "hmmmmmmm"?
Do that one more time grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Uche2nna(m): 12:11am On Aug 17, 2008
onyinye2:

To me flowers mean alot. I have always adored them. Every morning i go outside, do my meditation next to my garden of passion flowers. So what is wrong with a guy buying me a bouquet of tulips(my fav)Oh yes i will.

If it means that much to U, then let him know. I am just saying that the purchase of flowers (or lack thereof) is not the only way U can express love. And most Nigerian men do not express love that way. Something u need to bear in mind before u say "I do".

About buying utensils from Walmart, correct me if I am wrong but I always thought that Walmart has a section for flowers. U can buy ur flowers alongside with ur utensils  grin
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Uche2nna(m): 12:12am On Aug 17, 2008
Queenisha:

I'm telling you not to let her make a fuss just get the stinking flowers

lol. And I would take your advice and get the ones from the roadside  grin

If a man gives utensils as presents, then he must love your cooking. That is something to be proud of  grin
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by onyinye2(f): 12:14am On Aug 17, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

No, you're right.

But if my man comes home one day with a nice pot that he "saw in the store and thought I'd like", I'll be very happy. Cuz he was thinking of me. As I said, I love decorating the house, love shopping to make my house nice.
I'd feel special because he was thinking of me, and knew I'd be happy to have that pot.

Oka maybe that situation will work. Oka for that i might cook him something extra special. But I would do far more than cook him dinner if he came home with:
A Bouquet of assorted Tulips
A box of chocolate covered caramel turtles.

Uche2nna:

If it means that much to You, then let him know. I am just saying that the purchase of flowers (or lack thereof) is not the only way You can express love. And most Nigerian men do not express love that way. Something u need to bear in mind before u say "I do".

About buying utensils from Walmart, correct me if I am wrong but I always thought that Walmart has a section for flowers. You can buy your flowers alongside with your utensils  grin
Not the flowers i like. Oka you keep talking about, "not the only way You can express love" and yet you failed to give an examples.
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Queenisha: 12:14am On Aug 17, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

I can do without flwers, thank you!!
No, you're right.

I'd feel special because he was thinking of me, and knew I'd be happy to have that pot.

yes, if he buys kitchen stuff that's good and thoughtful but not as an anniversary gift.
(yes I forgot flowers on  anniversary)
But it goes both ways.
The ladies ought to buy their men things too on each of those ocassions.
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 17, 2008
Uche2nna:

lol

If a man gives utensils as presents, then he must love your cooking. That is something to be proud about grin
Exactly!!

I'd even love it if he comes home with a new curtain or sofa that I've always wanted
Re: Nigerian Men And Flowers by onyinye2(f): 12:16am On Aug 17, 2008
Queenisha:

yes, if he buys kitchen stuff that's good and thoughtful but not as an anniversary gift.
(yes I forgot flowers on  anniversary)
But it goes both ways.
The ladies ought to buy their men things too on each of those ocassions.
Of course i would buy him something. I would buy him whatever he wants. . . . . or i would like for him to have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Nairaland Romance Woman (is She Really Single) / Why Don't Some Guys Take No For An Answer? / Njaba: Imo Community Where Men Die Over Wives' Infidelity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.