Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney (27265 Views)

Poll: Is Chris Oyhakilome a Phoney?

Yes: 49% (40 votes)
No: 50% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by SirJohn(m): 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2009
pastor t:

They think they know Pastor Chris, but they don't.

I beg to disagree on this on; I know him at least well enough to agree with the poster that he is a phoney. Take that to the bank anyday!!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ all,

I will in the coming days be writing a number of articles to cover some of the messages of Chris Oyakhilome and I intend to contrast his messages especially how he interpretes and applies scripture to back up many of his points with what truly obtains in scripture. From it I intend to show why listening to his messages will harm your faith.

Equally, I will explain his theology (word of faith) and teaching style, why they are false and the reason behind his teaching style.

Point to note, Chris Oyakhilome is a brilliant people reader, he can easily get his way around human weaknesses and limitations.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by SirJohn(m): 9:59am On Apr 02, 2009
paulipopo:

@ all,

I will in the coming days be writing a number of articles to cover some of the messages of Chris Oyakhilome and I intend to contrast his messages especially how he interpretes and applies scripture to back up many of his points with what truly obtains in scripture. From it I intend to show why listening to his messages will harm your faith.

Equally, I will explain his theology (word of faith) and teaching style, why they are false and the reason behind his teaching style.

Spot on paulipopo! can't wait to see it; as an Ex-student/practitioner of WOF you have a backup right here.

paulipopo:

Point to note, Chris Oyakhilome is a brilliant people reader, he can easily get his way around human weaknesses and limitations.

what do you expect, this guy is a professor of pneumatology and a superb psycologist wink wink
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by SirJohn(m): 10:13am On Apr 02, 2009
paulipopo:

I have been compelled to resurrect this thread because of the propaganda and destructive use of falsehood by an apologist of chris Oyahkhilome in the person of hubreality who has been using nairaland of late through two threads namely; night of bliss with pastor chris and love world building a happier world, to open up a highway of deception.

@Paulipopo, quite frankly, those threads shouldnt even be a worry to you and I doubt if it would be to anybody. The reason is this: hardly does any one visit the thread let alone post in it. I've told Hubreality to retitle the thread to maybe "pepeye&Hubreality"cos they seem to be the only ones posting in those threads
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2009
grin grin grin eagerly waiting for the expose
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2009
lol

These people make me envy Pastor Chris.

If only they know, omase o.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by maddock(m): 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2009
@ SirJohn and KunleOshob

Dont you guys have something better to do with your lives than spending all your time beefing Pastor Chris, the question you should be asking yourselves is,what have you two guys done to better the life of even your own family members the answer will be definitely be nada. My prayer for you is that the holy spirit should open your eyes cos you guys are quietly and secretly on a self destruct mission.
In the bible when david had the chance of killing saul the king even though we all knew saul plotted against his life, what was his response to the request of his servant who was happy that saul has been delivered to their hands.(1 samuel 24:6). If Pastor Chris is phoney why not alllow God to deal with him himself, or is there no God?
You guys should be careful the way open your traps to abuse men ordained by God to save lives, or did these men of God personally offended you guys.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by SirJohn(m): 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
maddock:

If Pastor Chris is phoney why not alllow God to deal with him himself, or is there no God?

You guys should be careful the way open your traps to abuse men ordained by God to save lives

@Mad duck
If we are wrongfully critisizing Chris, why not allow God to deal with us himself instead of coming out here to quote scriptures out of context.
Na me wey God no ordain abi Abegi!!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2009
Lol

Sir John, dont mind maddock jare. He doesnt know your boss- Satan- would sack you if you failed to accomplish your mission.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by comfort3: 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2009
if this man was a Yoruba, you guys would defend him.on the news pastor Adadeja caught in 419  scram in one of those Europe county.Adebayo with his fake message.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by noetic(m): 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2009
fyneguy:

Lol

Sir John, dont mind maddock jare. He doesnt know [b]your boss- Satan- [/b]would sack you if you failed to accomplish your mission.

another brainwashed illiterate.

cant u seek the truth for urself in the bible? how does accessing the works or falsehood of acclaimed "men of God" relate to satan?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2009
You called it brainwashed, I call it ''I dont live according to my senses''. I know that's too big for a carnal mind like you. End of discussion.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by noetic(m): 5:00am On Apr 05, 2009
fyneguy:

You called it brainwashed, I call it ''I dont live according to my senses''. I know that's too big for a carnal mind like you. End of discussion.

when did it become permissible to take foolishness for an "un-carnal" mind like urs?

you are better off digging the scriptures urself and have an informed opinion on the issues at stake, than to continue being the hypocrite u sound like.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2009
The false teachings of Chris Oyakhilome (part I)

In this article we shall observe two of the numerous teachings of chris oyakhilome and come to see why these teachings are false. All of the lessons studied here are taken from his television programme pastor chris teachings. Scripture implores us to rebuke false teachings, correct faults and to teach the truth via scripture (2 Timothy 3: 16 -17). Hence God’s work doesn’t suffer if a so called ‘man of God’ is being scrutinized or criticized provided the medium of scrutiny is scriptural and godly.

First let it be known that chris oyakhilome is a proponent of word of faith which is a false and heretical theology. The theology among other things teaches divine health (that no born again Christian can ever fall ill or if ill will recover from his/her illness by merely confessing his/her healing which they call faith), prosperity and all round success for every believer and the idea that Jesus Christ had to become born gain in order to atone for mankind’s sins. The problems with this theology are that;

1. It makes so called Christians less godly since they suddenly become materialistic and mammon worshiping contrary to what is expected of true Christians like Christ demanded from his followers in particular the need to love their fellow men unconditionally.

2. Heightens superstition and ignorance

3. Causes believers to live their lives on appearances

4. Promotes the self styled preacher or faith healer rather than God.

Over a period of 6 weeks I have studied the preaching style (which is brainwashing accomplished by cleverly twisting known Christian precepts to propagate worldly values) and messages of chris oyakhilome and have come to understand the implications and strength of his teachings namely; the need to persuade people to think and act in a self serving way, the need to permanently pin down subjects and the need to self promote. On one hand this might seem to be a difficult task to accomplish but in reality, after mesmerizing people at the initial stage, the rest of the entrapment becomes easy to accomplish. The very essence of chris oyakhilome’s teaching is to profit at the expense of ‘faith fools’ whom naturally having believed his initial jokes about salvation, divine health and all round success will be brain washed to the point of rejecting the truth outright even when it stares them in the face. Bare this in mind chris oyakhilome and his adherents sadly fall into the class of people Paul described in 2 Timothy 3:1-5 that is preferring pleasure ( prosperity usually in the form of riches, paradise or more appropriately sickness free, problem free and comfort filled life of material abundance) to God, which is exactly what mammon worship is all about. This is just one of the effects of his word of faith theology on its proponents. However reality clearly shows that in as much as God desires all his children to be prosperous, he his more interested in them keeping his commandment and teaching and imploring others to do same.

First message to be scrutinized is titled Christ consciousness. In this message, chris tries to make people believe that the essence of being conscious of Christ makes one a success (one who is accomplished in all that he sets out to achieve especially in terms of material riches). That is the summary of his message. He starts the message by defining consciousness and explaining it as a state of being aware of what is happening to and around you. Like he explains consciousness to be a state of being conscious with examples being listening as a conscious act but sleeping not being a conscious act. While it would make sense to point Christ consciousness to mean being aware of Christ to and around oneself, he subtly introduced the concept that Jesus Christ always had command of every situation he was involved in and hence anyone who is Christ conscious in turn ought to be. The very essence of Christ consciousness is defeated if it encourages materialism which is exactly what chris oyakhilome’s message is out to achieve.

Second message to be scrutinized is titled christ’s purpose for you. One would expect chris oyakhilome to imply that christ’s purpose for every one is to enter the kingdom of heaven but instead he implies that Christ wants us to be successful when he affirms “I am a success” and goes on to instigate his audience to chorus it. He insists that never did Christ Jesus want his followers to lead ordinary lives hence it is only natural for every Christian not to lead an ordinary life. In both messages examined, chris oyakhilome is adopting the same style of brainwashing. First he affirms the credibility of a credible being (Jesus Christ) by insisting that He is the only way to salvation and then launches a very common message attributable to Him (salvation) but deviates by introducing an emotionally inspiring but sensational concept such as divine health, success or earthly domination. He is fond of echoing a misapplied bible verse (greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world) to justify this third aspect of the brainwashing technique. Besides the use of that verse he would often use other verses out of context to illustrate the worldly aspect of his brainwashing.
While the message initially appears to be about Christ it in the very end turns out to be a motivational speech about why every Christian should succeed or dominate earthly obstacles, funny thing is he never shows a prescribed and workable way to achieve this other than the misleading and irrelevant use of unrelated bible verses that do not show how believers can become rich, successful or victorious.

End of part one

In part two, I will be explaining his teaching method and motive behind it.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by comfort3: 9:26pm On Apr 05, 2009
get a life.adeboye is fake and phoney
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2009
It still beats my imagination how so many munguns are still falling for chris oyakhilome's scams, they are soooo fake that even a blind man can see through them, but then again some people are brainless undecided
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by comfort3: 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2009
its adeboye that is a scram.pastor adeboye is fake man of God he worship IBB and Ex Delta Gov ibori.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by chibaby5(f): 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2009
HMMMMMMMMMM. . . . . 'THOU SHOULD NOT JUDGE'. . . . .'I AM THE JUDGE OF THE WORLD'. . .sayz the lord Almighty smiley cool
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by comfort3: 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2009
why so many fucking thread on this man.you people need to get a fucking life.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by noetic(m): 6:23pm On Apr 06, 2009
*comfort:

is this what he has been teaching u? grin grin grin grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by chibaby5(f): 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2009
*comfort:

shocked shocked wow!!!. . . calm dwn sista!/broda!. . . watz da beefgrin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 06, 2009
*comfort:

Look at this werepe talk.

How many "bleeping" threads have you opened up in the politic section? With no "bleeping" contribution from you?

Oh oh, I forgot the section I'm in. Forgive me grin grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2009
@Paulipopo

While you are trying to prove the ''heresies'' in Pastor Chris's sermons, ensure you dont misquote him! I have already noted some misinterpretations in your overview of the message ''Christ Consciousness''. It's more of your personal opinions rather than exact reference to the bible.

Going forward, as you intend to explicitly state the heresies in this sermon, make sure you refer to the bible verses Pastor Chris used, his explanation of the verses, and your explanation of the same verses to prove your point. Please try as much as possible to avoid personal opinion. Use the scripture to achieve your goal- however sinister.

I will also advise you to get the Greek/Hebrew Bible from which various translations were made. This is necessary as some translations lost the original meaning of the greek/hebrew words. For instance, the word: WORLD is used for 2 different greek words in the translations. Hence many christians often misinterprete it.

Above all, consult with the holyspirit before you make the next move, if you really have it.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by SirJohn(m): 9:32am On Apr 07, 2009
fyneguy:

Above all, consult with the holyspirit before you make the next move, if you really have it.

'it'??
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 10:51am On Apr 07, 2009
Sir John, If you were to correct in love, what would you do?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by AKO1(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2009
What is unloving about all he has wrote?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by maddock(m): 9:45am On Apr 08, 2009
@ paulipopo
keep listening broda and i know definitely you soon get back to your senses.

You know Pastor Chris told us once, that if a Man has a unique gift there will be two kinds pf people that will be attracted to him
1. Those that desires the gift and are sincere about having that gift and then take a step further by offering themselves to be tutored.
2.The other set are those that secretly desire the gift instead of approaching the man to be tutored,they will secretly hate and detest him for possessing that gift they so much desire.
This is the exact situation with Pastor Chris, alot of them religious folks could not comprehend how God could be doing so ssoooooooooooooooooo much in his ministry.

Another thing Pastor Chris also said on issue of miracles, which i want the believers in the house to reflect on soberly ( am not talkin about Atheist like Kunleoshob,paulipopo etal LOL). We do believe in miracles right,as in God can do anything but why do we contest it if that miracle was performed through a Pastor XYZ.
Are we not contradicting ourselves and the doctrine of christianity, cos miracle is what the bedrock of christianity is nested on. A dead man resurrecting from the dead and ascending to heaven is sure a miracle anyday.
So lots of our conclusion is that God can do miracle through Pastor XYZ but not thru Pastor KYU.

Faith without WORKS is dead, show me the kind of works you have and i will be able to tell you how large your faith is. But funny enuff with faith the SIZE of a mustard see you can move mountains, IS THIS TOO HARD FOR US BELIEVERS TO COMPREHEND.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2009
maddock:

Another thing Pastor Chris also said on issue of miracles, which i want the believers in the house to reflect on soberly ( am not talkin about Atheist like Kunleoshob,paulipopo etal LOL). We do believe in miracles right,as in God can do anything but why do we contest it if that miracle was performed through a Pastor XYZ.

So we are now atheists becos we don't believe in your 419 pastor when would you deluded freaks stop equating this common criminal to God
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by biina: 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2009
maddock:

@ paulipopo
keep listening broda and i know definitely you soon get back to your senses.

You know Pastor Chris told us once, that if a Man has a unique gift there will be two kinds pf people that will be attracted to him
1. Those that desires the gift and are sincere about having that gift and then take a step further by offering themselves to be tutored.
2.The other set are those that secretly desire the gift instead of approaching the man to be tutored,they will secretly hate and detest him for possessing that gift they so much desire.
This is the exact situation with Pastor Chris, alot of them religious folks could not comprehend how God could be doing so ssoooooooooooooooooo  much in his ministry.

Are we not contradicting ourselves and the doctrine of christianity, cos miracle is  what the bedrock of christianity is nested on. A dead man resurrecting from the dead and ascending to heaven is sure a miracle anyday.
So lots of our conclusion is that God can do miracle  through Pastor XYZ but not thru Pastor KYU.

Faith without WORKS is dead, show me the kind of works you have and i will be able to tell you how large your faith is. But funny enuff with faith the SIZE of a mustard see you can move mountains, IS THIS TOO HARD FOR US BELIEVERS TO COMPREHEND.

Wrong - The gifts of the holy spirit cannot be taught to others.
You can help to develop an existing gift, but only God bestows the gifts of the spirit.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 4:34am On Apr 09, 2009
The teaching method and motive behind his teaching style (Part II)

The teaching method of Chris Oyakhilome is a very crafty and effective method. It involves the use of cunning and calculation because he knows when and how to speak to his audience in order to perfect his art of persuading them. The results are outstanding judging by the way his followers fiercely defend him even without justification.

The method involves four steps which are;

1. grabbing the attention of the audience

2. Enticing the audience with suspense

3. Motivating the audience

4. Suggesting an idea or opinion to the audience

To teach with this method you need to understand human thinking, attitudes and interests. His teaching method is designed to persuade people especially those with spiritual and psychological weaknesses (the desperate, fearful, insecure, ignorant, ego centric, deprived, greedy and selfish). This is especially seen by the fact that his messages always provoke an emotional and not a rational response from its listeners (propaganda) which is the ideal situation for implanting new ideas, philosophies or doctrines into a large number of people simultaneously.

The basic fact you should comprehend is that most people form opinions based on what they see and hear (observe) and not after thorough analysis. As a result they generally have limited perceptions of facts or truth which means new insights (which come from thorough analysis or intuition) appear to them as ‘revelation’ which in turn gives the impression that the one with such ‘revelation’ hears or receives new messages divinely.
Oyakhilome’s teaching method starts with an introduction to his intended message in which he explains the relevance and the need of the message to its listeners. For instance if his message is titled ‘how to make your faith work’ he will explain why you need to make your faith work and especially show what you might gain or miss by doing or not doing so. The idea behind doing this is to ‘sell’ the benefits of the message to the intended audience (especially viewers at home). The so called benefits will naturally keep the viewer or listener glued to his message.

Then comes the main part which is to shield his intention from his audience, he achieves this by delving deep into the heart of the message. It is during this part that he quotes scriptures to justify some ideas he introduces or intends to introduce later in his ‘sermon’. During this part he might motivate his audience with mild praises by saying things like “I will never be broke in my life” which he would naturally ask his audience to chorus. He will equally assert inspirational speeches such as “no one can stop you, this is your season: it is your time”. This stage of his brainwashing covers the eyes of the listeners by inspiring them to the point of not knowing the exact message being taught. The ability to discern truth from fiction is greatly affected when people are distracted. That is exactly what happens when he motivates his audience.

But his real intention for motivating his audience is to encourage them to spend their money on his various merchandise (sow seeds, pay tithes, buy any of his customized products, support different aspects of his business such as partnership programmes among others). Chris oyakhilome knows that people only spend their money either due to necessity or motivation (pride of ownership, fear of loss, security and protection, convenience and comfort, desire for gain, emotional satisfaction) it becomes obvious that by motivating people to believe such things as divine health, prosperity especially financial prosperity, earthly domination, chris is trying to make his listeners ‘invest’ (sow seed, pay tithes and support his ministry –actually himself and his cohorts) in his so called work for God. Therefore money is the real reason behind his preaching style and it is obtained using false and deceptive means (propaganda, heresy) to persuade his listeners. However because brainwashing is used, another added benefit of his preaching method is self promotion and adulation from his followers. His followers will naturally feel refreshed after listening to his sermons and will naturally see him as the source of their refreshment.

The final stage of his teaching style is the implanting or suggestion of an idea or opinion that is anything but selfless. For instance chris would proclaim that a true born again Christian shouldn’t lack, experience sickness or misery because he/she is greater than his problems or the ‘people of the world’. This idea is powerful if it is accepted by the gullible listener because it makes him see him/herself as being superior in virtually every way to his problems (most of which are self inflicted any way) such as financial problems, illnesses, strife etc and to the so called 'people of the world '. Without realising it anyone believing this Joke is living in delusion.

With or without this claim if any proponent of word of faith falls ill or finds himself in hospital, in debt or misery, I hope chris oyakhilome will have some reasonable explanation to give and not blame it on lack of faith, sin or ill fortune. Obviously people of many faiths including unbelievers and atheists suffer and enjoy the same things (poverty or wealth, sickness or health, prosperity etc). Clearly 'faith' has nothing to do with all that.

End of part II

Part III will conclude with my personal opinions on who a false prophet is and how chris oyakhilome fits the bill
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by pastort1(m): 7:32am On Apr 09, 2009
Rubbishhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by maddock(m): 9:04am On Apr 09, 2009
@ paulipopo
Keep listening to Pastor Chris messages i know for a surety you will definitely be changed very soon and you be at the forefront of this gospel. Remember Saul (Paul) abi.

@biina
Did i say anything about gift of the spirit in my post? When i say gift i meant stuff like being a good athlete, a good singer, drummer etc. i mean normal stuff of life and not spiritual issues this time,ok. Take for instance guys like Kenny and D-One, alot of folks in Nigeria do not like them but you cant take it away from them that they revolutionalise the music industry. A lot of these haters wished they were in their shoes, but instead of getting close to be tutored they prefer "badbellying" them, and that was the direction i meant by my post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Prophet Onyeka "Heals" A Mad Man In Onitsha (Photos) / 25 Facts About The Midnight Hour (12-3am) / Melchisedec - Who Was This Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.