Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney (27267 Views)

Poll: Is Chris Oyhakilome a Phoney?

Yes: 49% (40 votes)
No: 50% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2009
paulipopo:

@ fyneguy

At least your epistle of human foolishness is far more 'deceptive' and foolish than the one you misrepresented. (Talk of kettle calling pot black. Wonders shall never cease).

You have hypocritically misrepresented my views as one stating that Christians are meant to be poor when I clearly stated in part I that it is God's wish for all men to prosper (in health, wealth and what have you).

Go on with your false teachings (word of faith) and like someone stated, the Lord knows those that are His.

If you actually said it's God's ''wish'' for all men to prosper, and went on to say prosperity hinders souls from being saved, then you are a confused christian.

I won't like to waste my precious time responding to your contradictions and confusion anymore.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by paulipopo(m): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2009
fyneguy:

If you actually said it's God's ''wish'' for all men to prosper, and went on to say prosperity hinders souls from being saved, then you are a confused christian.

I won't like to waste my precious time responding to your contradictions and confusion anymore.

like the wise saying goes "even a fool thinks he is wise", however the Lord knows those that are His. Hypocrites misrepresenting contrarian views.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 7:54am On Apr 17, 2009
biina:

The gospel of Christ is towards salvation of the soul and reconciling man with God. This for the most part is independent of worldly riches. The fact that you are a christian does not guarantee you worldly riches. You could be poor or rich, it has less to do with your faith, and it could even be argued that the former makes things difficult (though I don't think the latter is a slouch either). The story of the Rich young man (Matthew 19:17-30) lays credence to the challenges of being rich.

David prayed,

Psalm 30:7-9
"Two things I ask of you, O LORD; do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you, and say, 'Who is the LORD ?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God

Same as in the Lord's Prayer "Give us today our daily bread"

Salvation and reconciling man to God mean the same thing!  and Jesus achieved that by laying down his life for all (take note of the word-all). Salvation of souls was made possible through redemption- Jesus' crucifixion. (Ephesians 1 v 7)

Jesus did not just come to reconcile man back to God. That's a means to an end! When Adam fell, man came short of the Glory of God, meaning man could not live out the excellence of God. So man became subjected to the flesh and God used the law to try and make man conform, so as to be qualified to live a life of glory- this did not work. So God sent Jesus to pay the price by laying our sins upon him and made him fulfill the law of sin and death (Romans 8 V 2)It's expected that every soul that sinneth should die- that's the law. So when Jesus died, we died in Him, so we already fulfilled the law in Him. So as sinners we were dead by way of substitution.

Now, at this point, our sins were forgiven. Jesus descended to hell and defeated the devil - on our behalf! That victory is ours!
Then He was raised from the dead for our Justification. Justification is different from Forgiveness. Forgiveness means yes you committed this sin but you wont be punished for it. Justification means you are innocent! you are righteous!. So those who believe (Christians) that Jesus christ died and was raised are Justified! (Acts 13v38-39) Take note of verse 39 ''and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses'' (N.B: Read Acts 13v 13-41 you will find the purpose of salvation there, especially from verse 30.You can also study Ephesians 2 and  Romans 8v29)

I don't know if you understand those verses. The law of Moses is the law of sin and death but the resurrection of Jesus christ brought the law of spirit and life, so that things we could not have been justified for under the law of Moses would be made possible with the law of spirit and life.

A Christian is the righteousness of God.

In the Old Covenant, righteousness had to be attained through keeping the law perfectly (Deut 6:25). It is the righteousness of man because it was to be attained through man’s effort. No one succeeded. It was the blood of animals that covered their sins till Christ came.

In the New Covenant, righteousness is a gift (Rom 5:17, Eph 2:cool. It is not something that we can earn. It is called the righteousness of God because Jesus kept the law and gave us His righteousness (Rom 10:3, Phil 3:9). It is given by grace and received by faith.

So I am the righteousness of God grin. So I live a life of righteousness because I've been made His righteousness. That's the problem with many Christians- they are trying to be righteous. They live as though they are still under the law of sin and death.

In conclusion, the purpose of salvation is to restore the lost Glory- so that man will conform to the image of Jesus christ on to eternal glory.
As christians, we should appropriate the fullness of God - everything that is available in the divine nature- righteousness, prosperity, excellence- using
the word of God.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by biina: 9:54am On Apr 17, 2009
@fyneguy
I am at a loss as to what warranted your long post. I would assume you read the first sentence of my post, misconstrued it and went off on a tangent. While I disagree with your notion that salvation and reconciliation are the same thing (agreed that they are related) and would suggest you first check the meaning of the words before concluding on the phrases, yet I would rather not debate the semantics with you as this would draw us away from the main issue at hand.

All the first few sentences meant was that the purpose of preaching Christ should be to win souls into the kingdom of God, and not for acquiring material wealth. Hopefully that is clear enough to enable you read the rest of the post.

If you still have a problem with understanding my post, I hope you would be able to at least answer the question:

"Must a true christian be rich?"
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2009
Biina,

Yes preaching the word of salvation means "Hurray! Jesus died and was raised for you to become the righteousness of God and the kingdom of God is your inheritance in Christ Jesus. And through Jesus, The convenant God made with Abraham has been fulfilled in us. So Christians are not only blessed, they are blessings to others''

In essence, much as Heaven is the end result/benefit of Christians, since we will still be on earth for a while, christianity also provides good quality of life while on earth!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2009
@fyneguy
Answer the question and stop rabbling and ranting around the bush
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by biina: 10:46am On Apr 17, 2009
fyneguy:

Biina,

Yes preaching the word of salvation means "Hurray! Jesus died and was raised for you to become the righteousness of God and the kingdom of God is your inheritance in Christ Jesus. And through Jesus, The convenant God made with Abraham has been fulfilled in us. So Christians are not only blessed, they are blessings to others''

In essence, much as Heaven is the end result/benefit of Christians, since we will still be on earth for a while, christianity also provides good quality of life while on earth!
A dubious statement you have there.

Lets make it simpler

True or False: A true christian must be rich?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 11:20am On Apr 17, 2009
Good question!

A Christian is rich!

The problem with many folks is they think they are poor when there's no money in their pockets. That's the worldly way to it!

As a Christian, you know you are rich. The world would ask for proof cos they live according to their flesh (senses). But a Christian KNOWS he's rich.

I know it may be too big for u to handle. grin

Our prosperity is not in how much we have acquired because we dont acquire for the sake of it, we acquire to affect lives, as we are a blessing to others.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by biina: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2009
fyneguy:

Good question!

A Christian is rich!

The problem with many folks is they think they are poor when there's no money in their pockets. That's the worldly way to it!

As a Christian, you know you are rich. The world would ask for proof cos they live according to their flesh (senses). But a Christian KNOWS he's rich.

I know it may be too big for u to handle. grin

Our prosperity is not in how much we have acquired because we dont acquire for the sake of it, we acquire to affect lives, as we are a blessing to others.
True/False: So a good christian could possibly have no money in his pocket (i.e. materially poor)?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2009
A Christian who does not have money in his pocket is not poor.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2009
He becomes poor when he accepts that because he does not have money in his pocket he is poor.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 11:33am On Apr 17, 2009
This message was written in the bible with CEC members, pastors and other prosperity gospelers in mind.

1 Timothy 6:5-6:
5And protracted wrangling and wearing discussion and perpetual friction among[b] men who are corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, who imagine that godliness or righteousness is a [a]source of profit [a moneymaking business, a means of livelihood]. From such withdraw.[/b]
   6[And it is, indeed, a source of immense profit, for] godliness accompanied with contentment (that contentment which is a sense of inward sufficiency) is great and abundant gain.

Lesson above is that as christians we should learn to be content and not see religion as a way of making money.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by solosimple(m): 11:33am On Apr 17, 2009
@Fyneguy

u are not straight forward. maybe u should check your previous posts, you are now trying to bend, TOO BAD1
maybe I should ask you, ARE U RICH? (Before u answer, hope u know what it means to be rich=DO YOU HAVE MMMOOONNNEEEYYY?)
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by solosimple(m): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2009
@kunleoshob

thanks for clarity bro. maybe fyneguy would finally rest his case.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 11:36am On Apr 17, 2009
This was addressed specifically to pastor chris and other "men of God" who have developed an obsession and love for money.

1 Timothy 6:10-11:
10For the love of money is a root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have been led astray and have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many [a]acute [mental] pangs.
   11But as for you, O man of God, (pastor chris)flee from all these things; aim at and pursue righteousness (right standing with God and true goodness), godliness (which is the loving fear of God and being Christlike), faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart.

Need i say more the bible as spoken  cool
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2009
Kunle Oshoba

It's one thing to quote the bible, it's another to be able to interprete and apply it rightly.

How did CE link righteousness as a source of profit making?

Do you honestly think God is happy at your falsehood and foolish submissions? Don't become an enemy of God, as the consequence is graver than u can ever imagine.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2009
Solosimple

I can not speak to you, as unto the spiritual grin

I used to be a babe in christ like you (those who live according to their senses)

I pray you grow and attain the full stature (grk word is HUOS)
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by solosimple(m): 11:55am On Apr 17, 2009
I see there's a new way to access The mature, would you rather call yourself the mature, with your shallow interpretation of Bible, anyone who does not agree to your tone is a baby to you. well, I'll rather be a baby saint, than to be A SUPER SINNER WHO CONTINUOUSLY CRAVE FOR AN UNCERTAIN WEALTH. As for the Greek word you quote, I know you don't know the meaning, it's just that you are used to that, off-course any member of BLW can say the same, you may go as far as telling us the Greek word for RICHES, but are you RICH? You once asked me, IS GOD PROSPEROUS? What a question from a MATURED SPIRITUAL MAN. You can as well ask if THE DEVIL IS RICH. I'm not sure you have the Spirit, YOU ARE PROBABLY POSSES D WITH THE 7 SPIRIT OF god (NOT GOD) AS TAUGHT BY YOUR MAN.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2009
heheheheheh solosimple

Your case is even worse than I thought.

Dont worry, continue to strive to attain righteousness to please God so u can enter heaven. When you become holy by your effort, let me know so we can throw up a party to mark it, since that;s when your heaven visa will be granted. grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by solosimple(m): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2009
Evil men are know by their fruits, where in my text did I implied WORKS FOR THE ATTAINMENT OF HOLINESS OR RIGHTEUOSNESS. The same way you have been taught to twist the scripture, you have also been taught to twist people's word. O GA FUN E shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2009
lol solosimple

Ok Pele ma binu.

So what is expected of someone after giving his life to christ? What does he need to do with the new life he has in Christ before the end comes?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by solosimple(m): 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2009
Fyneguy
u are not up to the task for a good Bible Study or Discussion. You are an HYPOCRITE! while drifting away from the subject matter. Tell me, are we suppose to be running after weath after salvation 'cos I'm sure that that is your view.
Anyway, whatever you like, DO!
I have better things to do MR CUNNY CUNNY! grin grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2009
fyneguy:

So what is expected of someone after giving his life to christ? What does he need to do with the new life he has in Christ before the end comes?

You should live a christ like life which can be describe as thus: [faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart.]  This is how James the Junior brother of christ descibed christian living/religion.

James 1:27:
27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

ps: It didn't say anything about church/ pastor worship or prosperity
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2009
solosimple:

Fyneguy
u are not up to the task for a good Bible Study or Discussion. You are an HYPOCRITE! while drifting away from the subject matter. Tell me, are we suppose to be running after weath after salvation 'cos I'm sure that that is your view.
Anyway, whatever you like, DO!
I have better things to do MR CUNNY CUNNY! grin grin

lol solosimple u see now!

Where in my post did you read that ''christians should be running after wealth''? If you are objective enough, you would not forget in a hurry where I said ''Pastor Chris admonishes christians not to chase these things''
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by JJYOU: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
KunleOshob:

This was addressed specifically to pastor chris and other "men of God" who have developed an obsession and love for money.

1 Timothy 6:10-11:
10For the love of money is a root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have been led astray and have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves through with many [a]acute [mental] pangs.
   11But as for you, O man of God, (pastor chris)flee from all these things; aim at and pursue righteousness (right standing with God and true goodness), godliness (which is the loving fear of God and being Christlike), faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart.

Need i say more the bible as spoken  cool

bros answer my question na. tks

@ kunle, may i ask how old you are kind sir? if u dont feel like disclosing this online you may tell me me the age range as in between 60 - 70.

many thanks
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2009
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by JJYOU: 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2009
KunleOshob:

behave like Jesus na. Jesus answers every question.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by biina: 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2009
fyneguy: A Christian who does not have money in his pocket is not poor.

It seems you missed my earlier question, as I expected a simple true or false response. To make thing clearer I have repeated the question below.

True/False: So a good christian could possibly have no money in his pocket?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2009
There's nothing like a good or bad christian
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2009
You see why I called u a babe in christ? grin

Only a babe in christ talks about good and bad christians

man! grow up!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by biina: 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2009
fyneguy:

You see why I called u a babe in christ? grin

Only a babe in christ talks about good and bad christians

man! grow up!
The qualification was to limit your wriggling ass from defining every church goer or anyone else that is remotely connected to the church as a christian. Your correction is gracefully taken.

so

True/False: A christian could possibly have no money in his pocket?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by fyneguy: 8:08pm On Apr 17, 2009
Yes and it doesnt amount to anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Prophet Onyeka "Heals" A Mad Man In Onitsha (Photos) / Melchisedec - Who Was This Man? / Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.