Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,437 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman (31292 Views)

How Our Pastors Become Super Rich Than The Politicians / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman Or Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by joshjosh(m): 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2008
matthew 24. 28 (AV) [b]Wheresoever the carcase is, there will the Eagles be gathered together. Modern translations read ‘vultures’ for ‘eagles[/b]’.

david and gamine never fail to join the party.  i wonder if this topic was on muslim it will ever be allowed on seun's front page.  david's  "word of faith movement"  don't do jihads or have mullahs and talabans treatening fatwahs so they are fair game.

it is an open season on christianity on nairaland

long live david and other haters
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Gamine(f): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2008
JoshJosh.

lol.

Why Are you so quick to use the word Hate ?

Be WiseFoolish, My Friend smiley
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by joshjosh(m): 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2008
i wonder what happened to the sweet old you in the last year my dear sister.   we don't know it all and majoring on tearing people down is not a good virtue let alone christian and Godly one for that matter

thanks for the reply. God bless and keep you
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by AKO1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 08, 2008
josh josh, dont see every criticism as "tearing down"

Remember there is something called Constructive Criticism.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by PurestBoy(m): 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2008
A_K_O:

josh josh, don't see every criticism as "tearing down"

Remember there is something called Constructive Criticism.

Sorry to disagree with you from my little knowlegde. There exist nothing like Constructive Criticism. It's a mirage and a form of hyprocrisy.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Gamine(f): 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2008
Joshy, im still shwweet na embarassed embarassed

No one assumes to know it all here!

C'mon.

So when you correct a friend who is going the wrong way

and he turns to you and says you hate him and your tearing him down and judging him

Would you say that is Normal for him to do or do you expect that reaction?

Does it mean you know it all? undecided
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by joshjosh(m): 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2008
A_K_O:
josh josh, don't see every criticism as "tearing down"Remember there is something called Constructive Criticism.

i don't mind criticism of any sort. the my church is better than yours mind set of david and his gamgs is what i find strange  but you shouldn't expect anything better from already tribalistic nigerians.  it is very sad to see you people use the same bible you use to defend your various churches tear down other people. i guess it is acceptable in your small corner of christianity.

all is fair in war they say.

Gamine:
Joshy, im still shwweet na embarassed  when you correct a friendembarassed No one assumes to know it all here! Does it mean you know it all? undecided 

good to know you are still sweet and i like you know i always keep you in my prayers and have enormous respect for you because i have seen you on a greater playform and that was a better you. 
the wonderful english people would say  " with friends like these"  if you were a "friend" of david oyedepo and the others, you wont join david band wagon of seeing him and his work as of the devil and attacking him on nairaland  at every opportunity.

some of the write ups you guys are supporting there bothers on hatred and as a matter of fact if this web site was in the uk would fall foul of the religious hatred laws 

oooooops i can't remember telling you i know it all. i am just a human being like you. protect your faith my dear sister. there is more to these things than these arm chair analysts know
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by idupaul: 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hmm what do u know, Nairaland Holy Business School cheesy
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Gamine(f): 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2008
Josh,

You fail to understand my point.

Nothing borders on Hate, its Just Truth

Please, Take it easy, Your eyes will soon be opened

To these Men of Gut
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by kevd2: 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2008
@josh Josh and other naysayers.Why are Nigerians so Gullible and believe that these self procalimed men of God are indubitable.they are human beings like you and and should be questioned that is why we are intellectuals.The exloitation of masses under the guise of religion is not new. The Early Church in Europe used it as a means to aggrandize power and wealth and not unitl people challenged the status quo did things change.
The fact is that Europe started making progress when there was a seperation of the Church and the state.In Nigeria any body that challenges a so -called man of God is an infidel even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Mr lecture i salute your courage to challenge superstitious christianity and Dogma in Nigeria.Until we wake up and realise that God will not do for you what you can do for yourselves, twe we continue to be enslaved to this delusional christianity that we practice here.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by basking4me: 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2008
I am a young man in my thirties and I remember the seventies as a little boy. I remember at one time one of my cousins was told that God had Called him to join the ministry, the guy refused, Wanted to work in a white collar and not become a wrecthed pastor (as they were seen then),  things were good in Nigeria, then.

Today, things are bad and the pastorial industry seem to be the booming industry. Let me tell everyone that cares to listen, Nigerians have FOLLOW FOLLOW mentality and affinity, according to Fela (MHGSRIPP). Pure water business is selling,  everybody sells it, pennywise rocks, everybody is rocking it, now church industry is booming, what do you expect.

Whether you get called or not, its only natural for you to want to flow where money is flowing. Too bad but thats the statusquo here. Now its a norm to feel called to join the ministry. Eyes open PEOPLE,  shocked.  (not everyone that says to me , LORD, ).

Worse off, is the rate at which these churches poliferate everywhere as if Nigeria is undergoing churchtralization,   grin. The only competition they have in terms of growth are Hotels.

The problems of this country persists and the church grows on.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by GooseBaba: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2008
My fellow class mates, this course is wickedly informative. I just can't wait to start banking
seriously. but meanwhile I'm already thinking of my appearance on the pulpit Gorimapar of Jerri curl
men e no go easy with $5,000 dollars suits. men my God is a rich God.

Any body wey disturb me in the nearest future, should know that i have a bachelors degree from nairaland
school of holy businessman and with that i have the right to hammer billion of naira like say tomorrow no dey.

To my fellow Nigerians that defend their pastors under the guise that they had multiple university degrees. my question is where they
pulling such figures before or after they started the church runs?
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2008
abeg Prof,

when the next lesson go show.

make "pastor pastor" people carry wahala go.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by CGKing(m): 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Poster

Bros, there is so much instability in all the things you have been saying. It clearly shows you are not reading your bible as you should. And you cannot come on this platform to lead everyone else that is not also studying their bibles into something that could hurt them. I really respect your opinion but you have to be careful about the things you are posting here because it does have serious effects. For the craze of a moment of praise from some folks, dont get yourself into something you really really really dont understand.

I will take your shaky points one by one, to you show that you are not studying and who knows you may really not be a christian, but just one journalist whos was fired, who loves his own work. You cannot make sound judgement of a faith you dont know about.

Note; i am not a pastor, but i am a christian and a very curious and studious person.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by paulipopo(m): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2008
Module 2
Successful Intake

1. Fail Proof Strategy

The secret behind the successes of our mentors in this trade is the adoption of a fail proof strategy which will be self sustaining and durable. Don’t be as foolish as the likes of Jimmy swaggart, Peter popoff or Reverend King who taught they knew it all, rather adopt the craftiness of Benny Hinn whose method till date has not been successfully broken. The man though is not a genius but he has a clear cut understanding of the principle of virtue lying in the middle, meaning that as long as you do not over do your things, your agenda will at least remain trusted by the simple minded, ignorant and faithless people around you.

It is often said that a hint to the wise is sufficient. People who would rather take a peep into the word of God and not totally trust what we tell them i.e search for truth through scripture and not take our words at face value are the ones least likely to fall victim to our ploys because they will remain enlightened about what constitutes truth and falsehood according to God’s word. Whenever you identify such people avoid them because they portend danger. However where we can’t avoid such people we must do our best to undermine their efforts if at all they intend to challenge us on the veracity of our work. We could enlist the services of our devotees and allies in this regard. You know no body is above mistakes, therefore look out for their shortcomings if you can’t identify any, then create some for yourselves. Do whatever is necessary to protect your interest.

The wonderful thing about this business is the fact that it is belief based, meaning that it is subjective so that many people will never know our motives or even when they know will never have sufficient evidence to expose our deception. However that is not to say we should not keep our eyes open. You must do just this other wise the consequences might include bankruptcy, social leprosy, disdain from our former allies and partners and possibly a vacation to the white man’s college, if a very credible case is established against us with regard to obtaining goods under false pretenses and similar crimes punishable under law.

Before going on with the fail proof strategy here are a few things you should know about true worship and false worship.

True worship which is inspired by Holy Spirit is always founded on truth. When you search the scriptures yourself with faith and humility you will come to realize the method deployed for doing the things that please God. It will interest you to know that truth does not contradict, deceive nor implicate itself and the adherents of truth are very hard to deceive because the Holy Spirit usually speaks to their hearts and minds as he guides them in the way of truth and knowledge. Sinners who come to know the truth will usually repent of their sins and ask God to forgive them. They would equally try and reconcile with others whom they may have offended. An example is with Zachaeus, who on sighting Jesus Christ repented of his sins and promised to reconcile with anyone he may have offended. He did this because he had come to know the way of the truth i.e Jesus Christ.

False worship is of two kinds:

1. Idolatry
2. Satanism

Idolatry is worship of idols. An idol is any false god, which may not necessarily be a carved image, but could be also be a physical being such as a man whom many revere to the point of absurdity. The characteristic feature of idolatry is that it is often founded on ignorance. The practitioners are oblivious of the truth and yet they usually claim not to be. The easiest way to identify idolatry will be by the kind of message preached by the holy businessman and the impact such message has on its listeners. If the messages cause the listeners to wander far off from the way of Christ, i.e unconditional brotherly love that Christ Preached when he told his disciples that “if you love me you will keep my commandments and my commandment is this that you love one another as I have loved you”, then idolatry has simply reached its height. Heresy is a very sound example of what constitutes idolatry among Christians. Varieties of heresy include Prosperity gospel, messages on self improvement, knowledge and domination of earthly authority while neglecting key issues such as spirituality, kindness, faith (not the self serving faith that is being preached in many holy business centres), love and hope (please do not mistake hope for enthusiasm or inspiration).

Satanism on the other hand is an evil, outright attempt to contradict the truth. It is deliberately false, deceptive and misleading and will often involve the use of messages that omit the truth or selectively applies the truth with the sole aim of getting many to go against God’s commandments. It is not easy to discover, but Satanism will often manifest with the use of; false doctrines, superstitions, fear, lying signs and wonders, apostacy and sometimes an element of idolatry.

Let us now examine the fail proof Strategy (which is the marketing aspect of this business) and see how these can be applied to our business with success.

A. Appear harmless at the onset.

When approaching your prospects create an aura around you which convinces them that you are harmless. It is already known to us that the devil will never approach anybody by being his true self. He would often portray himself as an angel of light. Therefore we must come out as sheep when in actual fact we are nothing more than raveneous wolves seeking to exploit the gullible, ignorant and people lacking faith. We can accomplish this by using pseudo righteousness in the form of good behaviour. We can also portray an expression of good intent to people who are distressed and in need of help by offering to counsel them, inform and instruct them on the things WE MAKE THEM TO BELIEVE ARE OF God.

B. Say and do the things people want to hear and see.

Most people are naturally inclined more to certain things and less to other things. For instance people naturally prefer wealth to poverty, good health to sickness, success to failure, victory to defeat etc. After you have convinced your prospects about yourself to the point that they accept you, then, you can commence preaching messages designed to convince (mislead) people with a natural mind. These messages should include promises of all round success, promotion in their places of work, victory over enemies such as sickness and diseases, poverty and blood sucking demons, business breakthrough etc. never let them know that God’s sheep listen to his voice because they cast their minds only in serving God, other wise you will fail in your venture. The spiritually minded of course do not see the sense in gaining the whole world and losing their soul, so to them seeking God first and his kingdom is sufficient for their souls.

By preaching what they want to hear you will draw supposed Christians from other churches with less trendy details on how to serve God and not the pagans, and others especially religious zealots of other sects in places like KANO, ZAMFARA, KEBBI AND SOKOTO who have not heard the name Jesus or who might slaughter you for daring to preach the good news to them. Even if you draw pagans over to your fold there will be little or no changes in the way they lived their lives as pagans and with their new found lives as Christians.

C. Use the principle of herd mentality.

For people lacking direction and a mind of their own the right way is the one acceptable to the majority. Your customers fall into this class. Use methods that cause many to act in a particular way. For instance propaganda is an instrument that works well in misleading or deceiving many people at a time. The premise is this: when sheep moving together in large numbers proceed in a particular way, it is because the very first set of sheep, have proceeded that way. What I mean is this. If 100 sheep run round a field and a barrier is placed in front of them, as long as the first let’s say 10 sheep jump over that barrier, the remaining 90 sheep will continue to jump at the same point whether the barrier is there or not. This principle will make many people join your fold not because you are teaching the undiluted word of God or because you are sent from God, but because you have pulled many others before them into your fold or like some would say, caused many to “join your train”.

D. Leverage on the work of Opinion leaders.

In any organized setting, the fastest way to reach every body is to go through opinion leaders. An opinion leader is one who usually has his ideas and opinions accepted by his peers or others of his own kind who share similar interest(s) with him/her. He/she can be identified from the ease with which he/she dominates conversation or group discussion either as the initiator of topics being discussed or as the one exerting the greatest influence on the way others accept and apply the ideas used in their discussion. Opinion leaders are usually in the minority but can surprisingly convince many people in the majority through their gestures. Set out to indoctrinate them (opinion leaders) if you can and wherever you can. Offer them juicy positions in your flourishing or promising business or make them technical partners and consultants.

E. Over hype and Disguise Testimonials about your business results.

Like every established business the best way to build a customer base is to build credibility. This is often achieved by reputation or by using the testimonials or word of mouth of other people who have used your product or service (but since you lack reputation at the on set then settle for baseless testimonials). For instance OMO, KLIN, Elephant Blue and Ariel are the leading detergent brands because their marketing campaigns often include testimonials made by people you may never get to know or meet. Whether their claims are true or not is not important what matters is that it moves many to action. If you ask why then is this approach successful? It is because people are psychologically influenced into action by the supposed testimonials or claims of other people who have had a particular experience they are about to face. Note the people testifying on your behalf may be lying but that is inconsequential. What makes this more interesting is that the testimonials should be aimed at people experiencing distress and misery such as the sick, the unemployed, the emotionally dejected, the egotistical, ignorant, fearful and carnal minded. Not the truth loving, God fearing and prudent Christians, they will immediately see the lie you are telling.

End of Part I of Module 2.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by paulipopo(m): 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2008
CGKing:

@Poster

Bros, there is so much instability in all the things you have been saying. It clearly shows you are not reading your bible as you should. And you cannot come on this platform to lead everyone else that is not also studying their bibles into something that could hurt them. I really respect your opinion but you have to be careful about the things you are posting here because it does have serious effects. For the craze of a moment of praise from some folks, don't get yourself into something you really really really don't understand.I will take your shaky points one by one, to you show that you are not studying

I am seriously looking forward to it.

CGKing:

and who knows you may really not be a christian, but just one journalist whos was fired, who loves his own work. You cannot make sound judgement of a faith you don't know about.

You are miles away from being correct here.

CGKing:

Note; i am not a pastor, but i am a christian and a very curious and studious person.

Who cares who or what you are. Just come forward with your 'solid and unshakable' points. See ya.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by CGKing(m): 11:42pm On Sep 08, 2008
My guy, I wanted to let you know that i am coming from a neutral stand point. which one be "who care what or who, ". People dey wey care my guy.
Just calm no be fight, you are acting like you took a shot at the "Super Rich Holy Businessman" maneuver and failed; and you are now help to breed more losers. Calm, i am populating my response to you. Cant allow u come up here with ur mouth full of all kinds of stuff.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Roughlen(m): 12:03am On Sep 09, 2008
Satanism on the other hand is an evil, outright attempt to contradict the truth. It is deliberately false, deceptive and misleading and will often involve the use of messages that omit the truth or selectively applies the truth with the sole aim of getting many to go against God’s commandments. It is not easy to discover, but Satanism will often manifest with the use of; false doctrines, superstitions, fear, lying signs and wonders, apostacy and sometimes an element of idolatry.

Mr Lecturer

You just made my day. This is something i've always pondered upon. Cos this is the very strategy the devil uses whenever he sets out to decieve his prey. He used it against Eve and succeeded but when he tried it with Jesus Christ he failed.

I'm eagerly awaiting module 2 of part 2
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by mazaje(m): 2:21am On Sep 09, 2008
fra84n20:

My Good Friends,

I don't know any of this thing our friend in here is talking about.
But what i can assure you is this, I joined a program on net, its soo good that u get $15 on signup, when u add any address contact of any body, they give u $1 each, u can withdraw when its upto $50 you can withraw using a domicilary account here in nigeria and get your money under 48 hours. it works like shit.

Just click on http:///signup.php?REF=70841

and start making money.
You can call me on 08084009364 anytime of the day, and i will explain things to you.
Enjoy making good money.
Frank.

you miss road?. . . . . . .
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by joshjosh(m): 3:19am On Sep 09, 2008
kev-d:
@ [b]we are intellectuals[/b].

intellectuals indeed. i see [b]you dont do humility[/b]! that is the problem with you people judging all these people and thier churches.
not that i expect any miracles from sanctimonious self righteous nigerians but the slow poison pills of this every church i dont attend is evil that brother david and you all propagate is absolute nonsense

by the way i dont attend a nigerian church. my faith is precious to me and i like to protect it by avoiding the silly poison of tribal/ sectarian sentiments you guys carried into your religion. if these guys are thieves as you people say, can i suggest that is because they are products of morally bankrupt society and people you call nigerians and nothing to do with Christianity.

enjoy your bitterness and hatred because it makes you happy and look nice but i am sure heaven does have a surprice awaiting some of you. that is if you and your choosen few gets there.

Gods heart is larger than any small myopic denomination feeding you people with religion of hating anything that is succesful. some people didnt show up on this earth to do small things and leave the next generation poorer than they met it if that brings hatred well though luck
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by paulipopo(m): 6:49am On Sep 09, 2008
joshjosh:

intellectuals indeed. i see [b]you don't do humility[/b]! that is the problem with you people judging all these people and their churches.
not that i expect any miracles from sanctimonious self righteous nigerians but the slow poison pills of this every church i don't attend is evil that brother david and you all propagate is absolute nonsense

Please read Romans 14: 5 - 10 and explain whether judging others like you say is the same thing being done here.

joshjosh:

by the way i don't attend a nigerian church. my faith is precious to me and i like to protect it by avoiding the silly poison of tribal/ sectarian sentiments you guys carried into your religion. if these guys are thieves as you people say, can i suggest that is because they are products of morally bankrupt society and people you call nigerians and nothing to do with Christianity.

There is no silly poison of tribal/sectarian sentiments being expressed here other than the one you are dreaming about and seriously hoping will come to pass.

joshjosh:

enjoy your bitterness and hatred because it makes you happy and look nice

I am not hating or bitter but if you are I can only say enjoy it if it makes you happy.

joshjosh:

but i am sure heaven does have a surprice awaiting some of you. that is if you and your choosen few gets there.

I am quite sure the same things can be said to you.

joshjosh:

Gods heart is larger than any small myopic denomination feeding you people with religion of hating anything that is succesful.

What has success got to do with this?

joshjosh:

some people didnt show up on this earth to do small things and leave the next generation poorer than they met it if that brings hatred well though luck

Good luck to you too. By the way what is the biblical basis of this sermon of yours?
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Onyema1(m): 7:32am On Sep 09, 2008
@poster, please i need the handouts to this lecture so that i can read ahead of you and be at home with the lecture, i do not understand very fast and i don't want to be missed out in this business. Infact one of my friends is teaching me how to speak in tongues and i am catching up pretty fast.

good enough i am a lawyer and speaking good grammer is not my problem. I am also good in memorising a lot of sections so quoting the "word" verbatim will not be a problem. I will need other interested talented persons to come and partner with me in this business. I will oversee the due registration of our name and other logistics. I have a good four bed room bungalow, we can convert the garrage for starters and test running the biz.

I await your response
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by rasputinn(m): 7:42am On Sep 09, 2008
In case y'all missed it earlier

@ OP

It's amazing that you really took time to sit down and write that very long CRAP,like you expect to really be taken seriously(especially when it's full of unsubstantiated assumptions as to your alleged shady MOs of the pastors)

I sense you do have psychological issues with the pastors and the others that may be so-called,but I advice you take it easy and just mind your own life to avoid developing HBP for nothing
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by rasputinn(m): 7:54am On Sep 09, 2008
In addition,it's amazingly a laughable scenario I've seen here of peeps who apparently are anti-gospel but don't want to be labelled as such,but find it convenient to latch on to the envious and misleading views of the OP,so much so that it's emboldened some who are obviously ignorant of christian dogma or general biblical facts,to indeed lay claim to possesion of knowledge and "opened eyes"

God is the final arbiter,He alone sees the inner recesses of our hearts,so though I know the truth, it's not my place to condemn anyone here as even God Himself is always patient with His creatures.
Everything said and done,the world and everything in it will pass away,but the word of God will abide forever as this is not the first time,men have tried to discredit the word and/or men of God

Shalom
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by richo(m): 8:39am On Sep 09, 2008
there was a prophecy i heard about six years ago that the church will take over the world economy, that is goin to happen, am not sayin that all pastors are genuine, some are crooks but some are genuine, wat stops a pastor fom makin money? shut ur fukin mouth u bambastic psycho poster angry angry
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by st2(m): 8:40am On Sep 09, 2008
rasputinn:

In addition,it's amazingly a laughable scenario I've seen here of peeps who apparently are anti-gospel but don't want to be labelled as such,but find it convenient to latch on to the envious and misleading views of the OP,so much so that it's emboldened some who are obviously ignorant of christian dogma or general biblical facts,to indeed lay claim to possesion of knowledge and "opened eyes"

God is the final arbiter,He alone sees the inner recesses of our hearts,so though I know the truth, it's not my place to condemn anyone here as even God Himself is always patient with His creatures.
Everything said and done,the world and everything in it will pass away,but the word of God will abide forever as this is not the first time,men have tried to discredit the word and/or men of God

Shalom

God bless you. Wisdom will never run dry from your tent.
We can make humor with most things but we need to be careful about the things of God. Many have lost sight of sanity because of their supposed quest for knowledge. I would have preferred if the poster had spent time spearheading a crusade for the Truth and Gospel of Christ than investing as much time and effort in disreputing these men of God.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by dipotepede(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2008
@ Poster

I am really impressed with your selflessness and your prolific write-up; you are indeed an above average individual.

I am proud that we have Nigerians with such pensive, analytical and thoughtful write-ups; I believe write-ups like this are meant to question our loyalty to God rather than men.

It is good to read things like this where we need to question ourselves however does this bring any solution to the immediate environment?

Jesus demonstrated the best way to judge men and situation: allow the wheat and tears to grow, then you can remove the tears.

I believe as young men, we should be more focussed on solutions to our impoverished environment rather than undue criticism that leads to unnecessary arguments and continuous sealing of people's mind to God's word.

I believe we should learn from the mistakes we see and model a better solution.

It is difficult to build but easy to discard. These men you accuse have built something however imperfect they may be; we are expected to climb on their shoulders to proffer better solutions than they did; we are expected to do greater works than they have done.

I hope the poster and I could meet because I believe we can channel our gifts for better causes.

Dipo Tepede

www.dipotepede.com
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Livvvvy(f): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2008
[b]I agree so much with the poster. He should go ahead and clear our heads.

Can u imagine a pastor who raped a 12 year old girl to death because the mother of the child is so full of the nonsence he preaches, she left the child in the care of the pastor for a 3days dry fasting because he claimed that the child is possessed with devil. By the end of the 3days fasting, the woman went to the house of the pastor for her daugther but met the door locked. After waiting for a long time, she decided to call the police who accompanied her to the house and broke the door, there, she found her daughter in her pool of blood and dead, till date the pastor is at large.
Can u imagine another pastor I know around my area (we call him pastor kerewawa-) who started by preaching to this girl i know, and later invited her to his house for prayers but instead forced her into having sex with him - anal sex for that matter- if you go to through this pastors church bulletin that they share every sunday to new members, you will see all the listed miracles he has performed including bringing someone back from death.

Look my heart bleeds when i hear and see this things happening to people with so such a weak and uninformed minds.

So please, preach on brother, mayb we your attentive students will someday educate prospective victims of these so called men-of-God.[/b]
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by st2(m): 10:24am On Sep 09, 2008
dipotepede:

@ Poster

I am really impressed with your selflessness and your prolific write-up; you are indeed an above average individual.

I am proud that we have Nigerians with such pensive, analytical and thoughtful write-ups; I believe write-ups like this are meant to question our loyalty to God rather than men.

It is good to read things like this where we need to question ourselves however does this bring any solution to the immediate environment?

Jesus demonstrated the best way to judge men and situation: allow the wheat and tears to grow, then you can remove the tears.

I believe as young men, we should be more focussed on solutions to our impoverished environment rather than undue criticism that leads to unnecessary arguments and continuous sealing of people's mind to God's word.

It is difficult to build but easy to discard. These men you accuse have built something however imperfect they may be; we are expected to climb on their shoulders to proffer better solutions than they did; we are expected to do greater works than they have done.

I hope the poster and I could meet because I believe we can channel our gifts for better causes.

Dipo Tepede

www.dipotepede.com

Dipo glad to have you on thread. I hope the poster will heed to your call and discard this goose chase. I concur with you that he is an asset to the media industry in Nigeria. Kindly let me use this medium to encourage you to continue the good work you have been doing through the talk business helping young minds discover themselves. Cheers smiley
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by joshjosh(m): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2008
paulipopo:
. What has success got to do with this?

you would have noticed my posts specifically mentioned my lovely brother david and the beautiful gamine. they are are very precious and important to me.

last time i checked God dont do umpires and human referees. it would be good if you kindly drop the name of your church and pastor here so others can start coming there seeing you are the sole custodian of genuine christianity. poverty and peity are not evidence of righteousness. the world has moved on from those narrow minded ungodly/unholy holiness your nigerian mindset allows.

God is not nigerian nor does He see things through our nigerian sanctimonious religious eyes.

if these unrighteous men do the great things that is provoking envy and these attacks upon them why dont you show us what you and your church righteousness have done so we make right choices.

i like evidence more than these attacks for attack sake. anyone can feel aggieved for whatever reason. our christian duty responsibilities forbids us from attacks based on hatred, envy and arrogance.

just go on and tell us your church or as the first responder asked tell us the right church so we all go there this sunday.

Livvvvy:

Can u imagine a pastor who raped a 12 year old girl to death. Can u imagine another pastor I know around my area (we call him pastor kerewawa-) who started by preaching to this girl i know, and later invited her to his house for prayers but instead forced her into having sex with him - anal sex for that matter- .

every time you hear of plane crashes amongst your news items, there are thousands other planes flying and landing safely. it is easy to pick the odd minority to use as excuse to trash the rest. nigeria is a morally bankrupt and lawless society. sadly from amongst the lawless people you get these few doing vile and wicked things. if you are fair you would know that every pastor in town didnt rape all the women they come in contact with because one of them did it. police are corrupt in nigeria because they are product of a corrupt society. there are other police force that corruption is not even 1% so you cant use what you see there to tarnish everyone.

there are loads of pastors all over nigeria's rural and urban cities doing great work.
anyway, being nigerian if you guys knew what you are saying here to be true you would have started your schemes long time ago. that is the nigerian way of doing things we all know.

did they say talk is cheap? below is the typical nigerian make believe lifestyle for you. habitual liars, actors and drama kings/queens

[b]How the story of magun set Uyo on fire[/b]
From JOE EFFIONG, Uyo
Tuesday, September 9, 2008

* More Stories on This Section

Uyo, the ever-busy Akwa Ibom State capital was made even busier on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 when the entire town was awash with a story that an illegal couple–a married woman and her boyfriend who were having sex in an uncompleted storey building were unable to disentangle after the act.

The couple said to have been found about nine o'clock in the morning by the workers in the uncompleted building were said to have been permanently hooked to each other since the previous evening when the married woman sneaked into the building to have a quickie before rushing back home to her influential husband.

The story also had it that the husband, said to be a permanent secretary in one of the ministries in the state, had since suspected his wife to be a serial adulterer and had thus decided to lace her with the dreaded ekpo nka owo juju, the version that the Yoruba call magun.
As at when Daily Sun learnt of the incident by 3.30 pm and rushed to the scene which is between 111 and 113 Abak Road, the place had been taken over by okada riders, motorists and pedestrians all coming to see the hooked couple.

Daily Sun learnt that the police had on several occasions come to dispel the surging crowd which had taken over the building. Some young men even mounted sentry and collected N50 from each person who wanted to go in and see the show live. Daily Sun had to pay and rush in to take photographs before the twosome could suddenly disentangle to kill a possible front-page lead.

Surprisingly, there was no couple inside the two-storey building. Our correspondent searched every room pointing camera like American soldiers guns searching for Sadam Hussien with machine guns, yet no love-making couple was in sight.

It was only after Daily Sun had struggled to get out of the choking building and asked those doing business around the place that it was revealed that the whole drama was a hoax.
A lady who preferred anonymity but who works at Ablaze Pharmaceutical and Distribution Limited, 113 Abak Road, told Daily Sun that the whole drama was scripted and acted by okada riders for the public to go crazy.

The True Story
The lady however said that that morning, the security man at the uncompleted building was accosted by a lady who accused him of putting her in the family way. "She started dragging the man but he took her inside the building to leave the crowd which had started gathering. "We never knew how the story of man and woman who could not disentangle came about. But it is the product of okadamen," she explained.

Another man selling motorcycles on the same premises confirmed what the lady said and wondered "why people would leave they business to waste their time on false rumours."

Hard Sell
But the true story was very unpalatable to thousands of pilgrims who had turned the building into a big tourist attraction. Even those who had entered the house and come out, still behaved like the "good men" of the Ali and the Angel story. "Chei! I have never seen such a thing in my life. See a married woman disgracing herself, her family, and her husband. She is even a deaconess on one church there," a young man who came down from the building about 10 minutes after Daily Sun had done a painstaking search, exclaimed.

With such exclamation, others who had wanted to listen to the true story rushed and paid the gate money and went upstairs only to come down garnishing the rumour with different species of spices to make the crowd go wild with ecstasy.

The South South bureau chief of Champion Newspapers, Tony Etim, even called from Port Harcourt same day to confirm the story from Daily Sun. He was shocked when told that it was just a hoax. How news flies!

To make the story even richer, the rumour mongers later in the evening said the police had carried the fornicators (or is it adulterers?) away to the hospital. But which hospital? Nobody could tell. Some said the police had arrested them and were at the state police headquarters at Ikot Akpan Abia.
But the police public relations officer, Akwa Ibom State command, Mr Gabriel Ngban, said there was nothing like that. "I heard the story just like that. But there was nothing like that. We never arrested anybody. Don't mind them."

An earlier hoax
False but palatable rumour-mongering appears to have become a pastime in Uyo. Two months ago, the city was turned upside down when the "local radio" which Uyo okadamen have turned into, broadcast that the corpse of an old woman deposited at a mortuary along Atiku Abubakar Avenue, Uyo, had turned into a large fish when the children came to remove it for burial.

For two days, passing through that road became a nightmare. All efforts by the police to dispel the mob proved abortive. People were ready to swear by the grave of their great grand fathers that they saw when the corpse transformed into a fish.

It was only after a week that the true story was revealed that the fish, rare specie was taken to the mortuary by a private fish farm called Little Spring Farm Ltd to avoid its decay since it was brought to the farm already dead, but for research purpose.

It was when the fish was being brought that the okadamen saw it and went to town with the woman-turned-into-fish story.

The state police commissioner, Mr Mike Zuokumor said there was nothing the police could do to stop hoaxes from being spread in Uyo. "We don't have any law to charge them with. We can only help to dispel the crowd. It only becomes a crime if they use the occasion to extort money from people like fraudulently collecting gate fees from people."
Well, with Uyo lacking recreation facilities, maybe, such hoaxes have come in handy as comic relief. Up okadamen!

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/sept/09/national-09-09-2008-005.htm

that is nigerians for you. imaginators and as we to say telephone without wire. how did we not know cell phones would come one day?
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Gorrjigen(m): 11:13am On Sep 09, 2008
I readilly agree with your submission. The so called megabucks preachers have turned to billionaires when the Jesus Christ they profess to follow owned nothing, only to lease a beast of burden to enter in to Jerusalem. It is a shame they can't follow what Christ told Nicodemus-to give out his wealth in order to enter the kingdom of God.

Our so called Pastors have only resulted to preaching "convinient gospel" to keep their loyalists or customers in the fold. Non of these so called men of God as you mentioned above could tell Obasanjo or Yar adua to pay up salaries or pensions on time. They will rather prefer the harsh economic policies, which they know will keep people coming to church.The more there is unemployment, general insecurity, inflation, the more people that go to these churches. the churches in fact keep people in the bondage of poverty by keeping them in churches a whole week in the guise of one church programme or another thereby keeping them away from economically viable activities and thoughts.
It is more of a shame that churches now use textbook model marketing strategies to advertise or sell their brand .

PLEASE, tell these pastors to help their congregation by using their influence to change government policies by complaining to the government on behalf of their impoverished population-
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by joshjosh(m): 11:16am On Sep 09, 2008
dipotepede:

@ Poster I am proud that we have Nigerians with such pensive, analytical and thoughtful write-ups; I believe write-ups like this are meant to question our loyalty to God rather than men.

God bless i just saw your web site. keep up the good work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Imagine If Blood Money Was Real / Pastor Enoch Adeboye's 2022 Prophecies / Prophet Segun ADEBAYO Reveals What Will Likely Happen To Those Who Killed Mohbad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.