Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,333 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman (31356 Views)

How Our Pastors Become Super Rich Than The Politicians / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman Or Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by joshjosh(m): 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2008
carmelily:

let's vote to expel joshjosh from school! cheesy na p[b]aulipopo[/b] be lecturer not you! start your own thread. grin

naomijt:

I concur!!!

this is the problem with nigerians and why you always have violence and extreme troubles in your midst.  we like things like this.  this is an open forum. you tell lies , you want the lies to stand despite the evidence showing it to be lies. you have no problem with doing and tolerating injustice but you want a just society always. so sad

if you go back you will notice i only ever made my comments to david and gamine who are fabulous young minds and can hold thier own court anywhere anyday.

truth be told these kind of churches people are condeming here can only thrive in greedy enviroments. that would not look like nigeria to some people.  i said it before God is not a money doubler. only in greedy environments would people believe that kind of con. go on with your vote and good  luck
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by KunleOshob(m): 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2008
helpee:

if you have ever tried to start a business, you will know that it takes both Gut and God to make it in a highly competitive area like your so called church business.
my only advice for you is from MTN, GO START SOMETHING TOO rather than criticise others

I happen to be a sucessful business man and i have been running my own business for the past eight years, that aside i have diversified into four different areas of business, so i don't need any juvenile telling me what it takes to run a business. And if you think a crook as made it becos he is running a successful church business that is evident in a large congregation and sizeable revenue think again.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Gamine(f): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2008
Helpee,

Its clear your Name is Help Mee

Dont Worry, Jesus is always there to HELP. smiley

Josh,

You know i love you. kiss
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Woodpecker(m): 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2008
ITS GOOD 2 SEE THAT PEOPLE HAVE STARTED TO NOTICE THE GRADUAL DECLINE OF CHRISTIANITY IN THIS PRESENT AGE OF MATERIALISM, IS IT WHEN YOU HAVE "REDEMPTION MINISTRIES PLC" THAT WE WILL START TO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. PEOPLE WILL START BUYING SHARES OF CHURCH VERY SOON, MARK MY WORDS. IMAGINE THIS;

OPENING PRICE CLOSING PRICE NO OF STOCK TRADED
REDEMPTION MINISTRIES PLC 121.33 127.64 63517300

FOOD FOR THOUGHT FELLAS!
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by vislabraye(m): 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2008
sHmmm. Nice write up.It reminds me of Dan Brown's conspiracy theory. You have a very valid point here, infact, here are so many other pastors who expliot innocent folks through their ignorance, But lets sincerely ask ourselves some questions : Is it wrong for a church to seek funds? Ifa church has a large congregation does it mean they are evil? [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]. I have always been open minded,(i am a xtian), and i am appauled by the execise flambouyance ofsome men of god.
Image i went for a crusade one day, and all the guy was talking about was prosperity(having money isnt evil). He made a blasphemous statement by saying, "it's only a poor man that wants Jesus  to come back soon, but if u are rich, you wont want him to come soon, not after you have obtained your wealth"
That is an extreme. I couldnt believe my ears
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by rasputinn(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2008
vislabraye:

sHmmm. Nice write up.It reminds me of [b]Dan Brown's
shocked shocked shocked conspiracy theory.

[color=#990000]Geez,I never knew anybody'll quote Dan Brown(it's like quoting Tafa Balogun or James Ibori as authorities in accountability)
That guy is a shameless plagiarist and couldn't write a novel without stealing from other people's works even if his sorry life depended on it,so if you want to be taken seriously in the court of the enlightened,you better quote some other writer[/b]
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by rasputinn(m): 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2008
KunleOshob:

I happen to be a sucessful business man and i have been running my own business for the past eight years, that aside i have diversified into four different areas of business, so i don't need any juvenile telling me what it takes to run a business.

Tell them o jare

I wonder why people that have not walked the walk can come here and seek to talk the talk
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by rasputinn(m): 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2008
KunleOshob:

I happen to be a sucessful business man and i have been running my own business for the past eight years, that aside i have diversified into four different areas of business, so i don't need any juvenile telling me what it takes to run a business.

Tell them o jare

I wonder why people that have not walked the walk can come here and seek to talk the talk
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by naomijt(f): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2008
Abeg, no divert our attention here o!!!
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by texazzpete(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2008
@joshjosh
What manner of Christian are you, anyway?
Gamine just said she has become disillusioned with some 'Men of God' in Nigeria, and she's decided to seek guidance from God's word. In other words, the Bible.

She hasn't said she's renouncing her faith or no longer remaining a christian. yet you launch into a sermon of 'derailing'. are you now insinuating that the focus should not be on God, but on the heralded men of God?
please answer

This topic is interesting anyway. I find it funny that Christians in Nigeria cannot see how far they have failed. Were nigerian christians to give 1% of what they give out as tithes to charity, Nigeria would have been a much better place. at least Charity is mentioned far more times in the New Testament than tithing, yet these 'men of God' do not emphasize this nearly as much.

Even people we claim to be 'evil' are often far more loving to their neighbour than us christians. If Angelina Jolie can donate thousands of Mosquito nets to african kids, yet all some of us holy people can tink about is how to contrinute to buy Pastor yet another jeep, then i don't see how there's hope.

A prominent 'Man of God' is reported to have said that 'God told him that Nigeria will be the greatest country in the world'. How bloody holy is that?
Chris Okotie told us all that God told him to run for President. yeah right.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by texazzpete(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2008
Wanna know how it's clear that the OP is on to something when he says the big time pastors are beyond reproach, and idolized even?

When there's anything said about the big time 'Men of God', we are sternly admonished not to criticize the men of God, so we do not invite tragedy on our heads.

When the Reverend King saga was in full blow, i noticed no such restraint. In fact, many notable nairaland 'Christians' led the attack.
Guess it helps to be a man of God with panache, eh?
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by dabosky: 5:30pm On Sep 09, 2008
am eagerly waiting for the next module/lecture.i think all these should be published in our dailies like punch,thisday etc to enlighten our hypnotised christians.so sad that even so called educated people have fallen prey to these businessmen.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by joshjosh(m): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2008
texazzpete:

@joshjosh What manner of Christian are you, anyway? Gamine just said she has become disillusioned with some 'Men of God' in Nigeria, and she's decided to seek guidance from God's word. In other words, the Bible.

i refer you to the earlier post i said "if you go back you will notice i only ever made my comments to david and gamine who are fabulous young minds and can hold their own court anywhere anyday"

have a good day
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by KunleOshob(m): 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2008
@dabosky
Your first post shocked ( what is your real I.D) and you are already eagerly expecting the next module of this lecture. As the class prefect, i don't remember enrolling you for the course, what I.D did you use to enroll?

@seun
please we need a moderator for this thread lecture too many people arebarging in and trying to derail our lectures
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2008
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by MustardInc: 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2008
NAIRALAND NEEDS TO BE CENSORED!!!
THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE TRACED, ARRESTED AND SENTENCED (yes SENTENCED) [/b]

to LIFE-IMPRISONMENT [/size][/color]
[size=8pt]
of AGGRESSIVE MUTENESS FOR SHAMELESSLY DISTORTING GOD'S WORD ON A PUBLIC FORUM!!!
[/size][color=#006600]

[b]JESUS IS COMING FOR YOU!!! & ALL THOSE TAKING THESE "SERIOUSLY"
[size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]

READ:2 TIMOTHY 3
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by naomijt(f): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2008
brein:

Nairalanders, I think this humble poster is kinly leading ya all to a DUNG HILL, because there;s no where in the world where  you be a SUPER RICH , HOLY whatsoever, in that simple manner, T

The THeory is Work and Eat!!! DOnt Work DOnt Eat!.

LOL.

BRB.

Waiting!!!
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by naomijt(f): 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2008
MustardInc:

NAIRALAND NEEDS TO BE CENSORED!!!
THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE TRACED, ARRESTED AND SENTENCED (yes SENTENCED) [/b]

to LIFE-IMPRISONMENT [/size][/color]
[size=8pt]
of AGGRESSIVE MUTENESS FOR SHAMELESSLY DISTORTING GOD'S WORD ON A PUBLIC FORUM!!!
[/size][color=#006600]

[b]JESUS IS COMING FOR YOU!!! & ALL THOSE TAKING THESE "SERIOUSLY"
[size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]

READ:2 TIMOTHY 3

And who is this
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2008
texazzpete:

@joshjosh
What manner of Christian are you, anyway?
Gamine just said she has become disillusioned with some 'Men of God' in Nigeria, and she's decided to seek guidance from God's word. In other words, the Bible.

She hasn't said she's renouncing her faith or no longer remaining a christian. yet you launch into a sermon of 'derailing'. are you now insinuating that the focus should not be on God, but on the heralded men of God?
please answer

This topic is interesting anyway. I find it funny that Christians in Nigeria cannot see how far they have failed. Were nigerian christians to give 1% of what they give out as tithes to charity, Nigeria would have been a much better place. at least Charity is mentioned far more times in the New Testament than tithing, yet these 'men of God' do not emphasize this nearly as much.

Even people we claim to be 'evil' are often far more loving to their neighbour than us christians. If Angelina Jolie can donate thousands of Mosquito nets to african kids, yet all some of us holy people can think about is how to contrinute to buy Pastor yet another jeep, then i don't see how there's hope.

A prominent 'Man of God' is reported to have said that 'God told him that Nigeria will be the greatest country in the world'. How bloody holy is that?
Chris Okotie told us all that God told him to run for President. yeah right.

This road has been travelled with these "pastor pastor" types before. They will tell you their "man of God" is not the government. And also quote chapters of the Bible where God bestowed riches on "men of God". Will say, the church is not a charity organization, what have you done for the poor. Let me not forget those ones who will throw curses at others for blasphemy against their annointed.

@topic
Sorry for diverting, Next lesson jo.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Nigeria10: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2008
paulipopo 

sorry to disappoint you, pastor adeboye have no access to the redeemed church money. he can not order for any of the church money. Please do your reseach very well. the money of the redeemed church world wide is control by a board.  I know you may be abroad. where people over here are not obeying this law. Many reason,  some of us like me ,  complain. Expect if the law as change in the redeemed. I do not know what they have as a law now. No redeemed pastor or member of his family  is expected to have access to church funds.  Each church were ask many years ago to set up a board. And this board were expect to control their church funds.

I know it is not done too,  But I think if i am correct pastor adeboye still do  not have access to redeemed funds. the board controls the money.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by idupaul: 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

paulipopo 

sorry to disappoint you, pastor adeboye have no access to the redeemed church money. We can not order for any of the church money. Please do your reseach very well. the money of the redeemed church world wide is control by a board.  I know you may be abroad. where people over here are not obeying this law. Many reason,  some of us like me ,  complain. Expect if the law as change in the redeemed. I do not know what they have as a law now. No redeemed pastor or member of his family  is expected to have access to church funds.  Each church were ask many years ago to set up a board. And this board were expect to control their church funds.

I know it is not be done too,  But I think if i am correct pastor adeboye still do  not have access to redeemed funds. the board controls the money.

u will never be rich, because foolishness to much for u.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Nigeria10: 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2008
i am already rich in jesus. the information i gave is 15 years old.

My friend because i do not do 419, so you think that the way to be rich. I do not need that type of money. little the upright have is more than the plenty of the wicked.

I would never be a 419 pastor, get that . I do not envy all this 419 rich pastor. i do not want that. I am already rich in Jesus .
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

paulipopo

sorry to disappoint you, pastor adeboye have no access to the redeemed church money. he can not order for any of the church money. Please do your reseach very well. the money of the redeemed church world wide is control by a board. I know you may be abroad. where people over here are not obeying this law. Many reason, some of us like me , complain. Expect if the law as change in the redeemed. I do not know what they have as a law now. No redeemed pastor or member of his family is expected to have access to church funds. Each church were ask many years ago to set up a board. And this board were expect to control their church funds.

I know it is not done too, But I think if i am correct pastor adeboye still do not have access to redeemed funds. the board controls the money.

You need to retake English classes and exams.

Or make you kuku just talk am for pidgin.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2008
you people shld stop derailing this class! Anyone that makes noise again will be summarily expelled.

Carry on mr lecturer.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by isaco(m): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2008
do not sin to holy spirit, be careful. if u dont know what to talk about talk politics

www.buildingcontractor2k..com
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by sleekymag(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2008
I've been following this thread from the first page and i understand where the poster is coming from. The 48 Laws of Power written by Robert Greene talks about how to acquire this sort of power and transform it into whatever you wish, whether wealth accumulation or just a leader with unquestioned followership, and also how to prevent being manipulated by people who tend to use these laws whether knowingly or just instinctively. Maybe the poster may have at some point read this book or similar books and thought he could analyse everything. Some of the laws include but are not limited to the following:

Law 12 - Use Selective Honesty and Generosity to Disarm your Victim (One sincere and honest move will cover dozens of dishonest ones; can be used to catch and deceive unsuspecting suckers [magas]).
Law 13 - When asking for help, appeal to people's self interest, never to their mercy or gratitude (a sure-fire way for anyone to make wealth, pastors or ordinary businessmen).
Law 27 - Play on people's need to believe to create a cultlike following (people have an overwhelming desire to believe in something).
Law 30 - Make your accomplishments seem effortless (Your actions must seem natural and executed with ease).
Law 31 - Play to people's fantasies (The truth is often avoided because it is ugly and unpleasant).
Law 43 - Work on the hearts and the minds of others (You must seduce others in wanting to move in your direction).
Law 46 -Never appear too perfect
Law 48 - Assume formlessness
etc.

Whilst some of the poster's claims can be said to be true, it is wrong to entirely claim that these men are in business for the sole aim of making money, or would the case have been different if they were not commanding that much wealth and power which they do.
NOTE: THE LINE BETWEEN TRUTH AND SEEMING TRUTH IS QUITE NARROW. At some point you could get confused and may start questioning your pastor's motives and integrity. The devil uses this tool to further confuse the innocent and unsuspecting christian in search of truth but brainwashed time and again by such posts as have been seen on this website. The result, people like some on this forum begin to lose faith and resolve towards personal christianinty. I could go on and on, but bottomline is dat the devil's aim is to confuse more people.

In your church, rather than worship the man of God, worship God and take God's word as law, the man of God is just like you and of course could exhibit some flaws from time to time which may cause you to look down on his calling and ministry, but it doesn't mean that he's not sent by God into ministry. Do your own discovery, salvation is personal. Wealth is good, if men of God are genuinely rich, so, where's the problem there? Does it mean they aren't sent? Must they e poor and non-influential?

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by 248(f): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2008
sad Didn't these 'MEN' of God read about Jesus Christ?
He 'walked' from town to town on telling people about His Father's kingdom.
His disciples did the same and some of them had to stay with belivers.
Also some of them had their own professions eg Paul was a tent maker and Luke was a physician.
And Christ and his disciples travelled by sea risking all the dangers of the sea. I have read the bible from Genesis to Revelation and I never came across where it says that Jesus Christ or any of his disciples where on carried on princely or kingly chariots (or wateva its called).
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by Dbaddie(m): 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2008
LOL! I always expect this sort of thing to happen on forums: somebody starts a topic with his own (usually well-explained) intentions but somewhere down the thread, the entire point can (and usually is ) missed! LOL!

I am intrigued to know that I am not the only person who's long been suspicious of what is being practiced and tagged Christianity these days. Any believer with a conscience (and truly seeking God) will have one time or the other stopped to check 'if he still is in the faith'. but (sigh) many of just them just LOVE following the majority.

For a few years now, i have often questioned certain things we do:
Why is there this (often salient but regularly loud) competition amongst believers? Does no one know the verse that questions separation and strife in the body of Christ?
Why are we so quick and willing to give an 'offering' in order to be blessed (good measure, pressed down, shaken together, )rather than give 'not expecting in return'
What about LOVE?

I have quite a lot to add to this post, but I'll just let the poster speak his mind, and mine (hopefully).

These are the last days: deception's at an all-time high!

'Let he that thinks he stands take heed lest he fall' wink
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by 248(f): 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2008

But the wealth these men of God have is beyound our undersatnding.
The Bible says that it will be easy for the camel to pass through the eye of the niddle than for 'A RICH MAN' to enter the kingdom of God as is written in the book of Matthew.
Reference:-
Matthew 6v16-18; 6v24 - 30; 7v21 - 23.
these will do for now.
as for the business  undecided, I can't play on people's emotions and fears. I get consciense wink  so i go pass.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by paulipopo(m): 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

paulipopo

sorry to disappoint you, pastor adeboye have no access to the redeemed church money. he can not order for any of the church money. Please do your reseach very well. the money of the redeemed church world wide is control by a board. I know you may be abroad. where people over here are not obeying this law. Many reason, some of us like me , complain. Expect if the law as change in the redeemed. I do not know what they have as a law now. No redeemed pastor or member of his family is expected to have access to church funds. Each church were ask many years ago to set up a board. And this board were expect to control their church funds.

I know it is not done too, But I think if i am correct pastor adeboye still do not have access to redeemed funds. the board controls the money.

Sorry to disappoint you too. The expose on Adeboye has not yet been dished out and yet you are so sure of what I intended to say about him. Why did you jump the gun by assuming I do not already know about the board of directors? Well I guess your mind is already made up on what to believe.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by paulipopo(m): 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2008
sleekymag:

I've been following this thread from the first page and i understand where the poster is coming from. The 48 Laws of Power written by Robert Greene talks about how to acquire this sort of power and transform it into whatever you wish, whether wealth accumulation or just a leader with unquestioned followership, and also how to prevent being manipulated by people who tend to use these laws whether knowingly or just instinctively. Maybe the poster may have at some point read this book or similar books and thought he could analyse everything. Some of the laws include but are not limited to the following:

Law 12 - Use Selective Honesty and Generosity to Disarm your Victim (One sincere and honest move will cover dozens of dishonest ones; can be used to catch and deceive unsuspecting suckers [magas]).
Law 13 - When asking for help, appeal to people's self interest, never to their mercy or gratitude (a sure-fire way for anyone to make wealth, pastors or ordinary businessmen).
Law 27 - Play on people's need to believe to create a cultlike following (people have an overwhelming desire to believe in something).
Law 30 - Make your accomplishments seem effortless (Your actions must seem natural and executed with ease).
Law 31 - Play to people's fantasies (The truth is often avoided because it is ugly and unpleasant).
Law 43 - Work on the hearts and the minds of others (You must seduce others in wanting to move in your direction).
Law 46 -Never appear too perfect
Law 48 - Assume formlessness
etc.

Whilst some of the poster's claims can be said to be true, it is wrong to entirely claim that these men are in business for the sole aim of making money, or would the case have been different if they were not commanding that much wealth and power which they do.

NOTE: THE LINE BETWEEN TRUTH AND SEEMING TRUTH IS QUITE NARROW. At some point you could get confused and may start questioning your pastor's motives and integrity. The devil uses this tool to further confuse the innocent and unsuspecting christian in search of truth but brainwashed time and again by such posts as have been seen on this website. The result, people like some on this forum begin to lose faith and resolve towards personal christianinty. I could go on and on, but bottomline is that the devil's aim is to confuse more people.

In your church, rather than worship the man of God, worship God and take God's word as law, the man of God is just like you and of course could exhibit some flaws from time to time which may cause you to look down on his calling and ministry, but it doesn't mean that he's not sent by God into ministry. Do your own discovery, salvation is personal. Wealth is good, if men of God are genuinely rich, so, where's the problem there? Does it mean they aren't sent? Must they e poor and non-influential?

You are definitely wandering off and creating your own impression of what you think is happening here.

I really wish you could arrange your thoughts carefully and make some sense. Please reconcile the lessons taught in the 48 laws of Power and the laws you have especially quoted with what you have seen on this post.

Clearly indicate their points of intersection!

Anyways There is much harm already done replying you.
Re: How To Become A Super Rich Holy Businessman by paulipopo(m): 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2008
Just like I anticipated, this POST truly means different things to different people. All kinds of wandering and pointless arguments are surfacing, just as some people are really making sense.

From now on I will strictly concentrate on the course and leave everybody to say whatever he/she likes. There is simply no need to get distracted at this point.

I want to announce a time-table commencing from September 11. The course modules will be released on a 2 or 3 day interval depending on the situation of things.

The course may or may not end on the 30th of September. It all depends on the turn out of things down here with me.

Till the end of the course.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Imagine If Blood Money Was Real / Oyedepo: I Love All Ministers But I Am Not A Friend To Every Minister / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Treated To 60th Birthday Surprise By His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.