Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? (34012 Views)

"What We Would Do If Our Boyfriends Proposed With Cheap Rings" - Young Ladies / She Dont Agree To Us Having Sex She Said I Will Die If She Open Up / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by mrmayor(m): 12:43am On Jul 11, 2006
Going to baby mamas is better than wanking myself,I agree with you things we do in relationships should because we want to,not because we have to.
If I meet a women and I get the impression that I have to pay my way to her pants,no problem I'll pay and it ends there,If she is for real I will be there for her no matter what.
The problem with the MTV generation is a lot of women wants the man with the bling,if you have the alloy wheeled car,some dog tags and a bit of cash to spend you are the man.Some women think all they have to do is look fab and the men come crawling and you have to pay for services rendered.

When it comes to "M"word don't get me started,in Ireland before you say hi to a naija woman, make sure you would like to see her popsie and pastor to fix the date of your wedding.as they would say "I don't want to be used"
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by DaHitler(m): 5:24am On Jul 11, 2006
I will help. But other guys are not so generous.

I don't mind paying for dinner, outings and a little pocket money, but I refuse to date a girl that cannot keep a job. Paying for dates and jewelry is one thing, but when I am footing your cell phone bill and continuously supplementing your rent, thats a problem. But I like to be considerate. So, if you are broke and you are not going on shopping sprees when you can't afford to keep the utilities in your house running, I would cover the cost. Besides, I always make more money than I need. (workaholic) cheesy

But note, I will never ask my girl for money. In fact, I don't ask anyone for money. Of course, I get money from family (not like I need because I work), but I never ask for it.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Kadeejah(f): 5:32am On Jul 11, 2006
i don't mind by boifriend paying for a lil this n that, buh i would never totally rely on him 4 financial support*that is when im older, right now itz like wtf is financial support to me undecided*
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by kellorah: 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2006
i don't like asking people for stuff so, he should know when i need help and when i don't.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Oracle(m): 12:28am On Jul 12, 2006
As a boyfriend it is his duty to love his girl and love is not just when things are rossy.
As a matter of fact TRUE LOVE is tested in hard times.
well u can conclude
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by hotangel2(f): 2:26am On Jul 12, 2006
Personally i don't think a 'boyfriend' should assist you his 'girlfriend' financially. He can lend you some money then maybe decide not to collect it back when you pay up. BUt there should be that he's lending you thing there.

SO if you feel u need financial help fast, Ask your man for some cash loan. He's not your husband yet, and you deffinitely have no right to get mad at him if he didn't help you 'financialy' without your asking.

If a boyfriend has enough, he should help his girl when she asks him.

I think your friend should ask him. U said he does all the things required in a relationship for her. Well he's being a good boyfriend.

She should tell him she would appreciate if he lends her some money. Emphasize on the lend/borrow/loan or watever u call it. He might decide he want to give it to her. Or he might do as she asks and lend her.

But u should know that Your boyfriend didn't sign a form that says "he must help you financialy since you are his girlfriend". Nahh, sh1t don't work like that.

SOme guys feel if they start 'helping you financially', and one day they stop 'helping', u might run away. undecided i don't blame them tho.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by adconline(m): 6:05am On Jul 12, 2006
We are always under this illussion that men only enjo sex. Why should  sex for money be mentioned by Coco? It seems to me that we always hide under  " love" but beneath its surface there is a potruding pocket- wads of bucks tucked inside the pants. What are friends  for anyway? But  I believe that let he who is  in need  call the first shot.

MEN should not be considered as paying buddies when  they are emotionally involved in a relationship. This relationship should  be based on mutual affinity- no host or   parasite. I ve come to see that we selectively adopt western lifestyle that fits our selfish desires and abadon the rest that conflicts our selfish desires.

I know that in Carribean, traditional  family system is still in vogue ( I mean women staying at home and their husbands going to work) would  Coco be subjected to  this kind of situation in the west ? Its equal opportunity baby. not a man's world. That's why  Halle Barry is paying her ex-husband alimony.

1 Like

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Coco29(f): 9:48am On Jul 12, 2006
hot-angel:

Personally i don't think a 'boyfriend' should assist you his 'girlfriend' financially. He can lend you some money then maybe decide not to collect it back when you pay up. BUt there should be that he's lending you thing there.

SO if you feel u need financial help fast, Ask your man for some cash loan. He's not your husband yet, and you deffinitely have no right to get mad at him if he didn't help you 'financialy' without your asking.

If a boyfriend has enough, he should help his girl when she asks him.

I think your friend should ask him. U said he does all the things required in a relationship for her. Well he's being a good boyfriend.

She should tell him she would appreciate if he lends her some money. Emphasize on the lend/borrow/loan or watever u call it. He might decide he want to give it to her. Or he might do as she asks and lend her.

But u should know that Your boyfriend didn't sign a form that says "he must help you financialy since you are his girlfriend". Nahh, sh1t don't work like that.

SOme guys feel if they start 'helping you financially', and one day they stop 'helping', u might run away. undecided i don't blame them tho.

girl i love but on this one i have to disagree, my personal believe is that i will not ask any man for money not because i think it is wrong i feel that men tend to think they can do and say what ever the hell they want to because they give you sh*t how ever if i need money for some thing hot-angel there is no way in hell i am going to my man and ask for a loan he has to give it to me. with out hesitation or the relationship is over, if he does not have it then i will understand.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by chopup1(m): 11:08am On Jul 12, 2006
If the girl is in serious need then she should ask the guy.the thing is some don't even think of giving their girls money,they just do the wine and dine thing.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by zarah(f): 11:57am On Jul 12, 2006
Diddy4 for once i have heard something sensible from you. cool

You know wat suprises me is this, a man expects u to look good, smell good, cook good, and f**k good at all times, and still thinks it is not his responsibility to know how u go about it all, even wen u don't feel up to it, love, romance or business i think is not the point here. and pls guys it is not a payment for services rendered. it is plain and simply taking care of someone. remember it is u who call us the weeker sex, so we must be taken care of.

Someone asked if the women help wen their guy needs it, my answer is yes! but men feel it is a sign of weekness to be wanton. now for women it is not a matter of being dependent it is just a natural course. i wanna please my guy all the time i go out of my way to do things for him, so it's normal for him to give me an allowance of some sort, to show appreciation weather i ask for it or not, weather i need it or not.

Where i come from, a man wants to eat ur food, see u look good for him, make him relax, and sooth the pressures of the day off him, so he makes sure he pays for everything just to show ownership. you can work all u want o, but use ur salary for urself and let me do my part, infact they claim it's their right.

And for petes sake wen a woman loves you the last thing she cares about is ur doug, and men why is it dat weneva a girl moves on, u say it's cos the other guy is richer? No it's cos she doesn't love u simple. i guess it's just easier to say the former to console urselves.

me thinks my guy knows my needs, i have never asked and will never, (afterall i can comfortably take care of myself), so wen my guy gives me, he does, not becos i need it, but becos he wants to. afterall e no easy to baf, makeup, smile and give a massage wen i would rather just drop on ma bed and go to sleep.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by spikedcylinder: 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2006
CoCo,i like you! grin
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Coco29(f): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2006
spikedcylinder:

CoCo,i like you! grin

right back at ya sweetie cheesy kiss

@spikedcylinder

i could not have said it better my self grin
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by spikedcylinder: 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2006
But you did!And i like your attitude! wink grin
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2006
and why should i give my girlfriend money? We are not married neither is she my fiancee, bar gifts, occassional help with shopping and paying for outings and diner, my "financial responsibility" stops there. Do not bother to ask me for money, i will first ask you what you do with your monthly check because i recieve one too! Dont bother to plead for financial help, to me it is a sign that;
1. you will most likely end up a financial drain on me soon as we get married!
2. you do not know how to manage finances and for me as a guy, that's a big no no!

@ spiky,
it's hiding time now eh?

1 Like

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by spikedcylinder: 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2006
Davidylan,MSN.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by mrmayor(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2006
Zarah,

I'm not one of those who think that if a woman moves on its because she has met a richer man,in my experience I had a girl who was just extravagant to the core,who would buy the latest Gucci shoe and at the end of the month she wants the man to pay for her rent.I don't see any reason why a woman who makes less than I do should spend a lot more than I do in a month.

Do I know when am suppose to do stuff for my woman absolutely yes,but she has to prove to me that she can stand on her own two feet.The women in my family are hardworking women who can do stuff for themselves without waiting for a man and that what I expect from my woman.

I don't expect a woman to pay the bills when we go out or shopping,infact I would find it insulting if she decides to pay for the stuff we buy together.I love my girl when she looks good and smells good but that shouldn't in the detriment of real stuff like your rent/mortgage,school fees,paying for health insurance etc things that we can't do without.

Would I help out my woman that includes my wife financially if the need arises yes but not when she has spent the money she's got on frivolous stuff.

Cheers
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by ToyM28(f): 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2006
I think dey shld asssist us without asking, but for those glz that seem 2 get angree i their guyz dont have d initiative to assist dem financially i think, they are spoilt brats, who do not appreciate d oda things d guyz give dem.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by kellorah: 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2006
exactly
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by mrmayor(m): 3:28pm On Jul 12, 2006
Toym28,

I'm just curious,would you help out your man with money if he spends all he's got on bling and shit stuff or would you tell to take a hike and get himself sorted.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by ToyM28(f): 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2006
MrMayor, i wldnt get hitched 2 a guy dat is irresponsible from d word go. But if he turns out like dat, i wld help him at least we are still frnds, but i'll tell him 2 get himself sorted or else m out!
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by mrmayor(m): 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2006
ToyM28:

MrMayor, i wldnt get hitched 2 a guy that is irresponsible from d word go. But if he turns out like that, i would help him at least we are still frnds, but i'll tell him 2 get himself sorted or else m out!
YOU ARE MY TYPE OF GIRL wink wink
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by ToyM28(f): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2006
[color=#000099][/color] Oh gosh u make me smile wink grin
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Coco29(f): 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2006
davidylan:

and why should i give my girlfriend money? We are not married neither is she my fiancee, bar gifts, occassional help with shopping and paying for outings and diner, my "financial responsibility" stops there. Do not bother to ask me for money, i will first ask you what you do with your monthly check because i recieve one too! Dont bother to plead for financial help, to me it is a sign that;
1. you will most likely end up a financial drain on me soon as we get married!
2. you do not know how to manage finances and for me as a guy, that's a big no no!

@ spiky,
it's hiding time now eh?

i am sure that your woman has a deputy and if u do not have a girlfriend  cheesy  i am sure you know why
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by mrmayor(m): 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2006
Toym28,

You want to chat?i'm bored as hell.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by ToyM28(f): 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2006
me too but m out now. i've a project 2 complete.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by lovito(f): 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2006
If you can do without asking him for money,you had better do.From my past experience i cann't advice any of my girlfriends to ask their boyfriends for financial assistance.Then i do ask my boyfriend for money but while doing my youth service he said i should lend him some money and after giving him the money he started behaving funny.He went for another girl and up till now he didn't bother to refund all the allawy i saved.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Coco29(f): 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2006
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Coco29(f): 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2006
ok ladies listen here no women in here right dam mind would give a nigger money -point blank angry don't do it, if they want to be the man let them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and don't think that there are not some golddiggin niggers out there. cheesy  cheesy
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by saintchux(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2006
If the girl is actually important to him, he need not to be told that he suppose to help her out in any problem; financially, physically, spiritually and any thing possible.

@davidlyn

It is so unfortunate that you are thinking like this. how can u do that to a girl you claim to love. What is love to you?

My advice to the girl is to ask for help outside. She should damn the guy. A friend in need is a freined in deed.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by naijacutee(f): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2006
I believe we women should learn to be financially independent. Even at that, no man is an island and though we may need assistance from time to time, we should not bank on our men to provide it. Unless
a. We are married to them
b. They are making too much money for their own good
c. We are blackmailing them
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by edygirl(f): 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2006
Mrmayor,
            I think you are just diverting this topic to sthelse to suit your replies. Coco never said anything like the girl being extravagant. So please stick to the main topic.

My answer to this question still remains yes, they should and that doesn't mean he should be giving her money for everything but if she needs it  the most on something very important. Like my former boyfriend,  though I didn't want to say this ,he came from a very poor family but he is a very serious and a responsible guy. When he lost his father in his second year in the University, I remember I had to help him financially with the one quarter of his school fees. Although he didn't ask for this but he was telling me as a friend what he was going throughand  how he was trying and not finding someone to help. I had to help knowing that I had that money and he needed it more than me then. It's not all about spending money on  your boyfriend/girlfriend but all about being there for your friend. Afterall what are friends for why would I lend it to him when I knew he didn't have it.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by babadee(m): 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2006
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
a little help once in a while is not a bad idea, it should not just get too "once in a while" or a brother starts to feel like an ATM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Unfair Situations Girls Get Guys Into. / Undergraduate Fights Girlfriend Over N20K In Front Of Schoolmates In Abia. Photo / How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.