Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? (34014 Views)

"What We Would Do If Our Boyfriends Proposed With Cheap Rings" - Young Ladies / She Dont Agree To Us Having Sex She Said I Will Die If She Open Up / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by buzyDiva(f): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2008
~Antidote~:

To each its own Busta, More power to you!!
As I said I don't accept anything from any man. I rather struggling on my own. When my empire has been established, let's see him lay claim to anything I have sweat my ass for, Just my rule, NOT scriptual wink

Do not forget also that alot of men get intimidated by the woman making more money than them
it makes them feel low and like a slave.
By the time u finish making an empire . . it will now be hard to find a husband as most of the men will either want you for your money, or just use u.

my own 5cents tongue

1 Like

Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by loisamy: 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2008
love is giving when u stop giving u start dying learn from God, for God so love the world dat He GAVE his only begoten son. if u luv u must be ready to give. a woman should not ask a man for money b4 he gives if he luvs he must give xcept u dont luv. some men are like dat. God hepl us all.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2008
buzyDiva:

Do not forget also that alot of men get intimidated by the woman making more money than them
it makes them feel low and like a slave.
By the time u finish making an empire . . it will now be hard to find a husband as most of the men will either want you for your money, or just use u.

my own 5cents tongue

Yes you have a point. However( cultural differences), marriage is NOT really paramount where I am from, wealth is. Most parents I know would rather their children be rich than have a title attached to them.

On the topic of the men being intimidated. hmm.ONLY insecure, immature men will think as such. And about the being used thingy. They are so warped in their thinking, that if a lady buy them a gift they somehow sees that as using someone, How cheap!!
I buy my friends, males and females things alll the time, and NEVER would they even think such. Then again, I guess it has to do with where we are from.

BTW, aren't you working today missy? cheesy
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by buzyDiva(f): 3:01pm On Jun 11, 2008
~Antidote~:

Yes you have a point. However( cultural differences), marriage is NOT really paramount where I am from, wealth is. Most parents I know would rather their children be rich than have a title attached to them.

On the topic of the men being intimidated. hmm.ONLY insecure, immature men will think as such. And about the being used thingy. They are so warped in their thinking, that if a lady buy them a gift they somehow sees that as using someone, How cheap!!
I buy my friends, males and females things alll the time, and NEVER would they even think such. Then again, I guess it has to do with where we are from.

BTW, aren't you working today missy? cheesy

True Talk . . but, Alot of african men find it degrading for their women to have more riches than them

My dear . . am at work and swamped . . yet, I still gat time for NL.
talk about addiction huh?
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2008
buzyDiva:

True Talk . . [b]but, Alot of african men find it degrading for their women to have more riches than them[/b]My dear . . am at work and swamped . . yet, I still gat time for Nairaland.

Yea! I have already figured that one out, How sad sad sad sad sad,

Make sure you concentrate ooo, Work is important ( thank God am off today cheesy, didnt' mean to rub it in)
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by amberella: 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2008
buzyDiva:

My dear . . am at work and swamped . . yet, I still gat time for Nairaland.

Work?  Is that what we're supposed to be doing at the office?  wink
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by buzyDiva(f): 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2008
~Antidote~:

Yea! I have already figured that one out, How sad sad sad sad sad,

Make sure you concentrate ooo, Work is important ( thank God am off today cheesy, didnt' mean to rub it in)

Ouch . . . that hurts but hey, lucky u!

amber_ella:

Work? Is that what we're supposed to be doing at the office? wink
Yup work. . they won't kill me abeg . . I need to relieve some steam. Too bad, SLY ain't online tongue
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2008
buzyDiva:

Ouch . . . that hurts but hey, lucky u!
Yup work. . they won't kill me abeg . . I need to relieve some steam. Too bad, SLY ain't online tongue

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy My bad,

erhmmmmmm. Be nice to Sly, I am beginning believe he is the ONLY true gentleman on this forum now cheesy
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by jkpretty(f): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2008
@BusyDiva
Are u Busta? Oh pardon me I've been a bit off NL

@Antidote
Oh pls! Yes i work but he still has to spend jor
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2008
jkpretty:

@BusyDiva
Are u Busta? Oh pardon me I've been a bit off Nairaland

@Antidote
Oh please! Yes i work but he still has to spend jor

Again my dear, to each its own, For me I would rather take care of my financial needs, I don't want to hear about later down the road, seen? cheesy
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by buzyDiva(f): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2008
jkpretty:

@BusyDiva
Are u Busta? Oh pardon me I've been a bit off Nairaland

@Antidote
Oh please! Yes i work but he still has to spend jor

hey girl . . where u been?
yes o . . tis the season to be banned grin

am with u on that . . .i work and he gotta spend. , touche!
lol

~Antidote~:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy My bad,

erhmmmmmm. Be nice to Sly, I am beginning believe he is the ONLY true gentleman on this forum now cheesy
SLY? a gentleman?
what has he been feeding you this time?
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by amberella: 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2008
I'm with you, Antidote.

If I were dating, I would like it if a guy would take me out or buy me presents. But I would feel a bit like a prostitute if I expected it.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by buzyDiva(f): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2008
amber_ella:

I'm with you, Antidote.

If I were dating, I would like it if a guy would take me out or buy me presents. But I would feel a bit like a prostitute if I expected it.

feel like a prostiute? with ur own guy?
when he humps u and kisses u and handle with ur body . .u don't feel like a prostitute then?

If he is my guy . . then act like one . . which includes treating me like a lady and spending on me.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by amberella: 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2008
@buzydiva

If I were expecting money in exchange for sex, I would feel like a prostitute. If I'm expecting sex and love in exchange for sex and love, I feel like a girlfriend (or, in my case, a wifey).

I don't equate being treated like a lady with having money thrown at me.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2008
buzyDiva:

feel like a prostiute? with your own guy?
when he humps u and kisses u and handle with your body . .u don't feel like a prostitute then?

If he is my guy . . then act like one . . which includes treating me like a lady and spending on me.

I will have to agree with you here. However, Amber raised a very valuable point as well.  Growing up my parents used to always tell us not to accept things from the opposite sex, because they will expect something in return. Even as I am grown, I still have this close to my heart even though the person in question is NOT just anyone.

I know men. I know how they think, I would prefer be hungry and starving than ask my spouse for food, This is just me. If I decide to settle down one day. I don't want anything either from him. We will split the responsibilities so no one feels cheated. When it comes to assets, He controls what's him and I do mine, cheesy

erhmmmmm, regarding Sly, I know what I am talking about, Don't be deceived jor, The guy is one-in-a-million,
BRB guys have to settle something at the bank, Be back in 3omins,
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by buzyDiva(f): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2008
amber_ella:

@buzydiva

If I were expecting money in exchange for sex, I would feel like a prostitute. If I'm expecting sex and love in exchange for sex and love, I feel like a girlfriend (or, in my case, a wifey).

I don't equate being treated like a lady with having money thrown at me.

true talk but don't confused your man treating u like his woman with him throwing money at u after sex.
if one has a man that does that . . he needs to be questioned about the relationship.
that is not what i meant.

If your guy loves u so much and u have issues with money . . what is so hard in you asking him for help? . . isn't he your man? doesn't he love u enough to share your problems with u and vice versa . . wouldn't u help your man out if he needs some money from u?
secondly . . . whats so darn bad if my boyfriend constantly giving me money? if he has it to spare and just want to make me feel loved and make sure i don't lack nuthin. . . hell yeah, i'll grab the money fast from him.

Sometimes u don't have to ask before he does this and sometimes . . u gotta ask if u need it.
I don't mean going to him 2-4-7 to ask for money and putting your entire financial issues on him.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by jkpretty(f): 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2008
buzyDiva:

hey girl . . where u been?
yes o . . tis the season to be banned grin

am with u on that . . .i work and he gotta spend. , touche!
lol

Been off the internet jare and wasn't really feeling the land much. So Oga ban banned u? Kai have u now become troublesome?

@Antidote
~Antidote~:

Again my dear, to each its own, For me I would rather take care of my financial needs, I don't want to hear about later down the road, seen? cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy Lol
If u want to flunt me, u've got to pay for what keeps me good. The thing is, its not that i want the money. But its just something that needs be done. And their are ways u give money too. I prefer it dropped in my account not cash in hand, but well that's ok too grin grin grin
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by amberella: 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2008
@buzy

Likewise, if my man was going through a hard time financially and needed a bit of help, I would be there for him.

I don't see what it has to do with being treated like a lady, though.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by buzyDiva(f): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2008
amber_ella:

@buzy

Likewise, if my man was going through a hard time financially and needed a bit of help, I would be there for him.

I don't see what it has to do with being treated like a lady, though.

the fact that ladies have more money issues.
- gotta look good like ur pairs
- buy make-up, pancakes, perfume, sanitary issues, do your hair, maincure and pedicure, pills
- Annual check ups
- regular tune ups

It ain't easy being a lady O . . unless u want a village and and cheap girl or better still . . cut ur coat according ur size and make the guy find a gurl in his level and low maintenance.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 4:09pm On Jun 11, 2008
Buzy, JK and Amber, soon come back girls. Me likey this discussion jare cheesy
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by buzyDiva(f): 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2008
~Antidote~:

Buzy, JK and Amber, soon come back girls. Me likey this discussion jare cheesy

hurry up and come back jare
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2008
girl am back, but pissed, People can be so dishonest, Gosh!! angry >

@topic
I just left the bank and guess what? There is this lady crying her poor heart out. Apparantly, she had a joint account with some loser who used to "take care" of her. Now that they are no longer an item her pee brain didnt alert her to take action. The sleazebag went in the account and cleaned it out. I am assuming he is taking back what's his, If only she hadn't accepted things from him in the first instance, This is one drama she could have avoided cheesy
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by buzyDiva(f): 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2008
~Antidote~:

girl am back, but pissed, People can be so dishonest, Gosh!! angry >

@topic
I just left the bank and guess what? There is this lady crying her poor heart out. Apparantly, she had a joint account with some loser who used to "take care" of her. Now that they are no longer an item her pee brain didnt alert her to take action. The sleazebag went in the account and cleaned it out. I am assuming he is taking back what's his, If only she hadn't accepted things from him in the first instance, This is one drama she could have avoided cheesy

Tough luck for her oh! . . but is that legal for him to go empty a joint account with the other person's consent.
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2008
buzyDiva:

Tough luck for her oh! . . but is that legal for him to go empty a joint account with the other person's consent.

What claim that she has to prove the money, or most of it, wasn't his?

I left her there with a few of the officials. I wish her best of luck and pray she finds solace, As for me, I will continue working like a donkey to take care of me. You just never know. grin
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by lalaboi(m): 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2008
the guy should help when it matterzzz! like in the scenario above! but when the gal gets used to it, she's gona start taking the piss!!

if i wer the guy, she has to ask b4 i can give! am not santa clause!

the guy might be even planning something for the gal!

from another poiny of view!

if i hustle my money, u go 1 follow me chop am
na me bring u come lagos abi london abi usa? like i look like ur fada!

lets face it some gals are irresponsible!! always want to depend on guyz!
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 9:00pm On Jun 11, 2008
lalaboi:

the guy should help when it matterzzz! like in the scenario above! but when the girl gets used to it, she's gona start taking the piss!!

if i wer the guy, she has to ask before i can give! am not santa clause!

the guy might be even planning something for the girl!

from another poiny of view!

if i hustle my money, u go 1 follow me chop am
na me bring u come lagos abi london abi usa? like i look like your fada!

lets face it some gals are irresponsible!! always want to depend on guys!

I was empathizing with you until you made such an intelligent claim. FYI NOT ALL women depend on men, I am a living testimony, As I said earlier I would rather starve, then take a dime from any guy, ask my ex, undecided
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by lalaboi(m): 9:05pm On Jun 11, 2008
i said some gals not all gals!
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2008
My apologies, It's the heat cheesy
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by lalaboi(m): 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2008
lol! yea! i know! but if ur guy gives to u without asking! would u accept or decline?
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by Antidote1(f): 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2008
I have already made my post bold and clear, I do NOT want a red cent from any guy, As I said I don't them to throw it in my face later on, I rather doing everything for myself cool grin

lalaboi:

lol! yea! i know! but if your guy gives to u without asking! would u accept or decline?
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by sistawoman: 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2008
lalaboi:

lol! yea! i know! but if your guy gives to u without asking! would u accept or decline?

ACCEPT, My man leaves me money almost everytime he comes to my house. At first I used to refuse but then he would just leave it. Now I accept and just put it away for a rainny day or for when the children need money to go to the store.

i cant wait to marry this man in 9 more days. YEA!!!!!!!
Re: Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? by studio43(m): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2008
, uhm,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Undergraduate Fights Girlfriend Over N20K In Front Of Schoolmates In Abia. Photo / Have You Ever Loved Someone Who Didn't Love You Back ? / Share Your Worst Dating Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.