Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,844 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48679 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 5:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
@dayokanu
Hmmmmm, STORY
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2010
Can Dapolam tell us he hasnt been involved in corrupt enrichment between 1999 and 2008.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 5:44pm On Oct 07, 2010
I have had d privileged to have worked with a political office holder and realised that they don't have to steal to live a very good life. It is just like our pastors. Good will of the pple can give u so much connection and ultimately money. For some1 like Dapo lam who has been the son of d gov can actually float a coy without stealing if he is a sharp guy. In naija of today pple will even do biz with him purely based on the fact that he is dapo lam. He can even get loans from banks because he is Dapo lam. That's naija for u o
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2010
dayokanu:

Can Dapolam tell us he hasnt been involved in corrupt enrichment between 1999 and 2008.
he has said hes an average middle class person

if you have evidence of what he stole

print here for all to see or u go do ur daily job. Did you put in ur CV ure a chronic gambler too?

maybe ur employers would like to have such info too
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2010
madejibo:

I have had d privileged to have worked with a political office holder and realised that they don't have to steal to live a very good life. It is just like our pastors. Good will of the pple can give u so much connection and ultimately money. For some1 like Dapo lam who has been the son of d gov can actually float a coy without stealing if he is a sharp guy. In naija of today pple will even do biz with him purely based on the fact that he is dapo lam. He can even get loans from banks because he is Dapo lam. That's naija for u o

You do know it is AGAINST THE LAW, EVEN in NIGERIA, for ANYONE in office to collect GIFTS/Favours/Handouts/ Payment of any kind from people, without at least declaring it and making sure it is not in exchange for any political favor?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2010
madejibo:

Do you know that such GIFTS become object of scrutiny when you are contesting for political positions?

Are the gift from MEND like organisations? Proceeds of child traficking, Drug sales, In exchange for a favour or laundered from government coffers.

Any Political aspirant is required to declare any such gift when contesting but I guess in your school of Politics ANYTHING goes even if na Henry Okah dey put money for the aspirants account.

tkb417:

print here for all to see or u go do your daily job. Did you put in your CV ure a chronic gambler too?

maybe your employers would like to have such info too

Is average middle class quantifiable in monetary terms? OBJ too told us he was just an ordinary Farmer
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2010
@Kobojunkie
Dapo lam claimed he made money after his father became an ex gov
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2010
madejibo:

@Kobojunkie
Dapo lam claimed he made money after his father became an ex gov

I thought you came up with the claim of gifts and all to people in office. When did he suddenly make this claim? How exactly did he make this money? Who was he working for or what business was he involved in?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2010
tkb417:

print here for all to see or u go do your daily job. Did you put in your CV ure a chronic gambler too?

maybe your employers would like to have such info too

At some point in your life, I could attest that you were smart but what happened in the last few years?

Did my employers ask about my gambling habits? No. If they ask I would tell.

Electorates are asking Dapolam for his source of income.

Is logical reasoning the problem and just speech delivery?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by seanet02: 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2010
dayokanu:

At some point in your life, I could attest that you were smart but what happened in the last few years?

AKINTOLA lineage, hates Awo and any trace of his supporters or links
Nawaooooooooooo
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2010
@TKB
U be IB boy?

Are you now saying it's OK for Mohammed Abacha to run for president all because he only misbehaved while his dad was in that seat? This is the same dude that committed numerous atrocities oh.
Fact M Abacha's crime can't be compared to DL as most people's grievances are along the line of DL's exuberant ways when the dad was in office.

What makes you think that same character won't still do the same if he gets into power again.

you see questions ought to be asked.
And argument of wouldn't you do the same if your folks where in power is a bit lame.
We should always do right regardless of whatever position we are in.
i didnt live in IB but i met some of these people during some of ma runs in school

you dont get what im saying; i am saying all they are saying are LIES!!!!
Navigator and shaqs!! where did they get that from?

he came to bare his minds to naysayers and never do wells who see a monster in every rich man on the street

now you know why some people hustle all their lives cos the mindset they have of a rich man is he has stolen!!!!

its stupid, foolish and dumb to think cos his father was a Guvnor then he stole money!

Is Dapolam the same person as Lam? No

if they have issues with the son of an ex Guvnor competing, vote him out

if u have evidence of wrong doings, send to law enforcements.

So the scrutiny is cos hes an ex Guvnors son? or what?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 6:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
dayokanu:

at every point in my life till now, you have never come close to my shoes!!!

me and u no fit dey the same category! no be today!!!

and if integrity is the prob with Lam, then you have a lot of cases to answer

mind you, lay low or lest you make me say things you dont wanna hear

if i send some info to uur employer today, u'll be sacked in 30 seconds!!!!

im sure ur employer would thank me

Go remove the log in ur eyes b4 u emove the spec in others

ure a criminal like Dlam too
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2010
seanet02:

AKINTOLA lineage, hates Awo and any trace of his supporters or links
Nawaooooooooooo

Pls what is your point?

Is Dapolam a supporter of Awo or what?

What point are you trying to make here?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2010
tkb417:

at every point in my life till now, you have never come close to my shoes!!!

me and u no fit dey the same category! no be today!!!

and if integrity is the prob with Lam, then you have a lot of cases to answer

mind you, lay low or lest you make me say things you dont wanna hear

if i send some info to uur employer today, u'll be sacked in 30 seconds!!!!

im sure your employer would thank me

Go remove the log in your eyes b4 u emove the spec in others

ure a criminal like Dlam too

ROFLMAO (Apologies to kobojunkie)
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2010
Better you ROLFMAO like our resident retard

spew less fckery cos ure worse off

dang!!!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2010
gen gen shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

As you dey talk I dey shiver o. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2010
Typical Nigerian Agbero mentality . . . grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2010
Na wa ooo
Naija people and self glorification sef. . . . .How disgusting!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Tochi3(m): 6:17pm On Oct 07, 2010
Don't be lazy read  grin

@ dayokanu,

You are asking questions that boggles my mind too.

1. Ok let me assume that every Nigerian is corrupt including my very self in this particular moment in Nigerian history . I mean everyone as long as you are a Nigerian you are corrupt. It is an assumption. Just an assumption

2. From the corrupt entity called Nigeria comes DapoLam who gives us the impression that he has turned a new leaf and that he is able through honesty and qualitative programmes improve the welfare of Nigerians.

From my experience, the evil and corrupt politicians have always employed the tactics of placing the burden on Nigerians to provide evidence of their corrupt practices, which the polilooters know very well will be in vain, taking into consideration the poor or non existence of records and lack of access to desired information in Nigeria. 

DapoLam, you claim to be of a new generation with new ideas different from the ways of the old and evil politicians that have ruined this land. So please, you can start by placing the burden upon yourself showing outstanding proves and facts that you have a different mindsets from the polilooters of today.

A good way to start is by providing simple qualitative, quantitative, honest and accurate information to questions that are asked here. I repeat some of the questions raised by dayokanu because i am not satisfied with the anwers you earlier provided due to the fact that the answers you provide here will go a long way to clear my doubts about DapoLam

a.  Who are the owners of Skipet?
b.  Can you please state the source of capital for Skipet?
c.  When was Skipet established
d   What are the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company and finally;
e.  The names and address of members of the Board of Directors.

As regards question (b) you said ''gifts from friends of the family''. Please, if you can provide us with the names and address of the friends of the family who donated ''gifts'' to make it possible for you to establish Skipet and also the names of your Partners in Skipet who also provided a form of ''gift'' I assume, then you have not only taken transparency to another level but shown indeed that you are a new breed of politician setting new Ethical standards that is based on deeds far from what Nigeria have been used to in the last 50 years.

Does Skipet have a website? If it does please kindly provide me with a link which will provide anwers to the questions I and others are interested to know and of course it will  save you the pain of providing thesame answers to different seekers.
But if a website for Skipet is non-existent then I will be forced to question your competence and that of the Board.

Yes, a website is not a measure of how competent a company is but in our  own scenario  access to information about a company's activities through it's website should be a yardstick to measure capabilities and efficiency and also the mental state of the company and also the mentality of those behind the said company based on the premise that INFORMATION IS POWER and POWER IS INFORMATION.
Access to information denied is tantamount to denying me my right to expression as regards views and opnions to the information before me.

We the nigerian citizens for over 50 years have been denied this precious element of transparency that is the reason for over 50 years we have always been told by the polilooters ''provide evidence of corruption against me''. They (Polilooters) are always quick to use these line to defend themselves against us the masses because they have always denied us access to information.
DapoLam, be the first to prove me wrong.

Thank you as i await your response.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by seanet02: 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
dayokanu:

Pls what is your point?

Is Dapolam a supporter of Awo or what?

What point are you trying to make here?
the point is when ever we talk of political ideologies you tend to move against anything Action Group or its products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^ You sef see am?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Omo Ibo, I can tell you that I pass you no be for mouth.

How many container you get for high sea?  tongue tongue tongue

How many times you don travel go China?  angry angry angry

How many shop you get for Alaba?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

How many houses you get for village?  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Where I dey shack beer you no fit siddon there.  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ You sef see am?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Omo Ibo, I can tell you that I pass you no be for mouth.

How many container you get for high sea?  tongue tongue tongue

How many times you don travel go China?  angry angry angry

How many shop you get for Alaba?  cheesy cheesy cheesy

How many houses you get for village?  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Where I dey shack beer you no fit siddon there.  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ahhhh
Oga, there's absolutely no doubt about the above.
I dare not engage you in 'who has what' , 'who knows who' 'who has access to what'
Sebi na internet everybody dey?? grin cheesy wink
It may interest you to know that i wasn't referring to you but good stuff my comment hit home. . . . LOL

Meanwhile, make una ceasefire abeg
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2010
@To-chi

I dont have problems with questions but if you read back, you'll see how pre-emptive some comments are

Thats my prob. You dont go about shouting thief when (1) ure not certain he has stolen
(2) if there are questions that demand answers, then ask in a civilised way

Im sure the electorates in his constituency know a lot better and the elections should be a way to test his popularity. If they feel hes wayward, coolios, he'll lose

im sure hes not that rich yet to rig an election or tho you can never say never in 9ja politics
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2010
To_Chi,

You get liver o.

How can you ask An aspirants those kind of questions?

Dont you know in Nigeria its illegal to ask aspirants about their wealth, Source of income and finances,

seanet02:

the point is when ever we talk of political ideologies you tend to move against anything Action Group or its products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Dapolam represent Awolowo? Is Dapolam a product of Awolowo? Or where did you get your conclusions from
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
Dapo that was the figure of corruption and wastefulness as ordinary governors son now want to step it up and go for Rep.

He should represent his Papas compound

these are questions right!!!!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2010
Is it not Dapolams responsibility to refute it? So if Dapo now comes out and admit to these accusations what becomes of you Dapolam's attorney?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Tochi3(m): 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2010
The questions are solely directed to the prospective would be candidate for The House of Reps DapoLam and am still waiting for his candid response.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^^ aren't we all? lipsrsealed
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Tochi3(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2010
@kobo

Not all is waiting . From the comments so far some are satisfied while some are not at all.
So the onus lies on DapoLam to create a bridging gap and harmonize all. True attributes of a stateman.
I am still waiting for his candid response
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ Dayo kanu,

What exactly is ur point here?

GSK has got nothing to do with this and stop fishing for info about things u r not sure of.

All u have been on about is his behaviour.

Can i ask u a question? Do u expect an ex'gunor's son to still be a pauper after his father's tenure?

What exactly do you expect of or from him? To still be broke and probably a pauper ?

I am at loss here as well cos i dont understand the point your are driving at all.

Jst like you are trying to judge my income from GSK, its incoherent cos u cant and its not even in ur place to, I dont even know what to say to you anymore.

Most of us are just bloody hypocrites and so quick to judge.

Dayo i wish i can make ur dad a senator and then lets have dis discussion all over again
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ronnie AAA:

@ Dayo kanu,

What exactly is your point here?
GSK has got nothing to do with this and stop fishing for info about things u r not sure of.
All u have been on about is his behaviour.
Can i ask u a question? Do u expect an ex'gunor's son to still be a pauper after his father's tenure?
What exactly do you expect of or from him? To still be broke and probably a pauper ?
I am at loss here as well cos i dont understand the point your are driving at all.
Jst like you are trying to judge my income from GSK, its incoherent cos u cant and its not even in your place to, I dont even know what to say to you anymore.
Most of us are just bloody hypocrites and so quick to judge.
Dayo i wish i can make your dad a senator and then lets have dis discussion all over again

Who expects him to be a pauper? Any difference in monetary worth should be accounted for Is that too much to ask for?

Ok Roonie In 1999 you have 1 million in your account, At your job(GSK was an analogy cos I dont know who you are it could as well be PZ. LASTMA or CBN) they pay you 5 million per yr, In 2010 you have 1billion in your account

Isnt it logical to ask where you got the additional income from?

A governors son after his dads regime should have any amount he can account in a legal way.

If as a Guvnors son you didnt have any form of income, And your dads salary is 100m per yr, then you need to explain how you have 10billion in your Family account.

Why is this issue so difficult to understand?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ Dayo Thanks for the answer. Has Dapo answered that question or not?

I tot he did and still u r not satisfied abi i am wrong?

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Tension As Dickson, Sylva Win Strongholds - The Nation / Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians / Rotimi Amaechi In His APC-Customised Reflective Sunglasses (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.