Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48766 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Hilundi: 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2009
Dapolam,i have really taken time to go around your message,and even though im really impressed,i hope its not another round of so so talk,and no  action.I was at the great Citadel of learning ,UI when you were around,and no doubts most of the talks,were indeed 'side-talks' with no locus standi  .I also do have a crave for 'qualitative' politics and no doubts if you can put to actions all your 'programs' then the wind of change 'cometh'. Better days ahead while we work together to advance the course of humanity in these part of the world .
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by wunmiplus(m): 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2010
I think, you guys need to let Dapo be, what is the purpose of election ? if not for the masses to choose their leaders/representative through free and fair election, which is the beauty of democracy and indirect representative.
We should be more concern on how to encourage ourselves (the youths), women, technocrats, professionals, artisan e.t.c to exercise our civic duty by participating in governance by making our votes count.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olafolarin(m): 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2010
With all due respect,I respect Dapo's courage to come on nairaland and face vicious attack from nairalanders.if not anything,it shows that he is Internet-age conscious.In recent past we have seen over-bloated lawmakers who has no knowledge of the yearnings of their people because they were rigged in by the powers in Abuja.Those lawmakers don't and will never feel the pulse of their constituency or undersand the wishes of a modern day graduate because they are only liabl to the dictates of their paymaster come vote-robber in Abuja.
My advice for Dapo is that He should shy away from politics of the past and pursue what will benefit our generation.It is new-breed politicians like Dapo that will change Nigeria for good if they can severe th apron-string of their Godfather or benefactor.
Over the years,we have seen very brilliant individuals who successfully managed private or international coys only to take or win political positions and become a monumental failure.Gbenga Daniel,Chimaroke Nnamani and Orji Uzor Kalu ae very good examPles.
A famous writer said" Power corrupt absolutely and absolute power corrupt absolutely".I hope when you win the AC ticket and the General elections,you won't add to the list of corrupt lawmakers who made Nigeria unlivable for it's teeming new generation of intellects.We had so much hope in Dimeji Bankole et all but our hopes on them are now somewhere in Makoko river.
I wish you the best of luck and I hope when elected,you'll remember the critisms from nairalanders and be spurred by their ambience and wish for a better,united,sustainable and successful Nigeria.
Let the likes of Fashola,Aregbesola and Fayemi be your role model.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by DisGuy: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2010
olafolarin:

With all due respect,I respect Dapo's courage to come on nairaland and face vicious attack from nairalanders.if not anything,it shows that he is Internet-age conscious.In recent past we have seen over-bloated lawmakers who has no knowledge of the yearnings of their people because they were rigged in by the powers in Abuja.

I laugh in 01010100101010 x 10100010110001001 shocked shocked
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olafolarin(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
Dis Guy:

I laugh in 01010100101010 x 10100010110001001 shocked shocked

my brother, I have been speaking and writing German for too long and that obviously affects my English choice of words.
Excuse my language , please
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2010
Dapo that was the figure of corruption and wastefulness as ordinary governors son now want to step it up and go for Rep.

He should represent his Papas compound
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by DisGuy: 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2010
olafolarin:

my brother, I have been speaking and writing German for too long and that obviously affects my English choice of words.
Excuse my language , please

Bros i no dey mind your language o, english no be my papa tomguem, just the point you made regarding this 'new age' politician- its a case of the more you look the less you see
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2010
Too bad humans are so prejudice, Please never judge anyone with hear say. I happen to be a very good friend to Dapo Lam and i must confess i have never seen anyone as down to earth as him. I ask myself if the table turns for Dapo and i ,will i still keep him as a friend? Dapo had been my friend before the dad went into power and i can only say that the friendship waxed stronger and we still have that friendship till today.

There is a slogan, If money does not change your way of life then you just havent made enuf. Would i live like a pauper when i have money? Definitely No. A lot is being said about Dapo and when his dad was in power but its all false. Please lets confirm our stories before we pass judgements so as not to incur the wrath of God.

This topic made me register to this nairaland, Before now i was happy being a reader but i will not fold my arms whilst pple become so judgemental of the things you read in city people and the likes of the media.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2010
dayokanu:

Dapo that was the figure of corruption and wastefulness as ordinary governors son now want to step it up and go for Rep.

He should represent his Papas compound
Dayo did you meet this guy those years or na hearsay u heard

im sure i met him in the company of those Felele and Iyana ade oyo boiz and i can say most of the things people are talking about are fabrications

what do u mean he was a figure of corruption and wastefulness? did he embezzle public funds?

what do you know about him? driving round town with his friends is corruption and wastefulness?

what ure accusing the boi of doing is what most youths in Nigeria do. we drink, carry babes, drive around in convoys and how is DLam now an outcast for living up his life

If you guys dont want him, vote him out
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2010
Hi every one I never came across this thread on nairaland before now GOSH!
In ui dapo was a year ahead of me and men he really oppressed us ( best car on campus, dated the finest jambite etc) but truly if any of us were to be in his shoes we might do more. I used to feel he was arrogant and proud until I became a bit close to him men the guy was down to earth. Even his lecturers could attest to this. Dapo matured with time in UI by the time he was in 500l he was a complete gentleman I really don't know about now cos I left ibadan in 2005 when he too graduated (he did a 5yr course I did a 4year course).
Most of the so called cars he drove were actually not his, it belonged to his family which most young boys will do at that time. The e-class he used in 2001 to get the best car was his mums own( I ll do the same I my mum had an e-class and a lot of bobos ll do it too).
The guy to me shld be given a chance because his father ruled oyo does not stop him from contesting. Bush ruled yanky and the son too. Clinton ruled and d wife too contested. If by what I knew of dapo in 2005 is to go by people, he is good to go.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2010
Let me also use dis opportunity to salute dapo lam's courage to post on NL how many politicians in naija ll use their true identity and post. But it is a pity dapo I can't vote for u I live in lagos and I am from ondo , lol
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2010
@TKB,

On this thread someone said Bisi Akandes child was also in the same UI and was underground but Dapo was a story that the whole state media was talking about.

For the topic to be an issue in the media then.

Madejibo, Have you forgotten that by the time he got to 500 level his dad was no longer in power? That explains the gentle nature
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2010
He has come on here and given us incoherent statements about how he made his money.

Saying most money are gifts from dads friend.

Tell him to come here and defend his wealth and you would all see that he has CORRUPTION sewn in his fabric from day 1
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ dayokanu even b4 his father left he was already getting gentle if his father won d reelection he would hv not changed
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2010
These are questions for Dapolam read from page 1 and see the incoherent answers he was giving

@Dapo hear yourself speak.

You work at Skipet oil and gas. a company that has no website so we cant actually verify.

Pls who are the directors i guess this is another outfit for you and your family members to get oil blocks from Politicians.

The more you talk the more you expose yourself.

Give me the company profile of Skipet. what are their business strategy apart from sharing government money.

Where is their headquarters. Is it upstream or Down steam.

Who are their directors.

What was the profit last year before and after tax

What is their EBITDA. who is the company secretary, who is the MD, How many staffs do they have?

When was it incorporated.

Who are the auditors.

what is their strategy Successful effort or what.

What was your position at the company are you the secretary, Financial analyst or the MD.

What was your Bank account like pre 1999 and Post 2003 ( the four years that your Dad was Governor)
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2010
About his source of his wealth and his fathers friends gift me I think he is just been honest
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2010
Bawomolo, How easy to get doctored speeches that would make me the best candidate for US president.

A guy from a Humble back ground floats an oil company with 4 other people just years after his father left the governors house.

He has never worked anywhere of note till date. This is a cause for worry.

@Dapolam,
Don't tell us to bring evidence of corrupt enrichment rather you try to be transparent and tell us how a broke boy in 1999 became a partner in an oil company without ever working.

OBJ, IBB, Atiku has been asking people to bring out evidence of corrupt enrichment when we know how much they were worth before they came to power and how much after they left. So the Phrase "Bring out evidence" is not new in 9ja politics its recycled several times over.

Nobody needs more evidence of corrupt enrichment more than this.

You must be the only governors son who schooled in Nigeria.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2010
@dayokanu
You know I sabi u well o! But really do you know dapolam one on one?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2010
What is the criticism all about?

I only have one question to ask all critics, how many of you would have behaved differently in the same position?

Please DO NOT answer if you father had never been in Power.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2010
A broke boy in 1999
Dad becomes governor
He suddenly becomes very rich
A Part owner in an oil company
He claimed he made his money from gifts and Cyber cafe!!!!

How convenient.
Even Mohammed Abacha and Babangida would tell you they made money from their dreams while sleeping
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2010
madejibo:

@dayokanu
You know I sabi u well o! But really do you know dapolam one on one?

Do you mean he only needs votes from people who know him one on one?

Ronnie AAA:

I only have one question to ask all critics, how many of you would have behaved differently in the same position?

Asking for an aspirants source of income is wrong in Nigerian politics?

I fear for you o
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ DayoKanu, The way u talk does not sound like questions to me,

It sound more like judgements. You already have a set mind that no matter what Dapo says, u wont change what you have heard and believed. What is the point?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2010
@dayokanu
No dats not what I meant but u are attacking him as if u know him so well
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ronnie AAA:

'

@Ronnie, how come you created this new account so you could, like so many who commented earlier on this same thread, PRETEND this is your first time at this topic? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
TKB,

On this thread someone said Bisi Akandes child was also in the same UI and was underground but Dapo was a story that the whole state media was talking about.

For the topic to be an issue in the media then.

Madejibo, Have you forgotten that by the time he got to 500 level his dad was no longer in power? That explains the gentle nature
If na me be Bisi Akandes child, ill do more than DLam

we all have different personalities. You were in school and u saw how boiz 'rolled' those years

Oneyas daughter, DRovans children and even Lamide Borishade.
you know how rich men do their thing, so let the guy be

dayo, u were one of the greatest gamblers in school, does that mean the bank you work for (one of the biggest in the world) should sack you

bros, free the boi

if you have no evidence of wrong doings, let the boi be

if you dont like him,, vote him out
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2010
tkb417:

If na me be Bisi Akandes child, ill do more than DLam

we all have different personalities. You were in school and u saw how boiz 'rolled' those years

Oneyas daughter, DRovans children and even Lamide Borishade.
you know how rich men do their thing, so let the guy be

dayo, u were one of the greatest gamblers in school, does that mean the bank you work for (one of the biggest in the world) should sack you

bros, free the boi

if you have no evidence of wrong doings, let the boi be

if you dont like him,, vote him out

Since when did it become TABOO to ask questions of POLITICAL aspirants ooo?? Why do you feel this man NEEDS to be defended by you or any other out there? He is the one wanting to run for office, not you. Let him answer or allow the masses continue to demand for answers . . .
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^
Let's even forget how Dapolam rolled in U.I, for now. If he cannot reasonably account for his finances right now, then he has no business contesting for anything.

Better safe than sorry.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Since when did it become TABOO to ask questions of POLITICAL aspirants ooo?? Why do you feel this man NEEDS to be defended by you or any other out there? He is the one wanting to run for office, not you. Let him answer or allow the masses continue to demand for answers . . .
like asking for his bank balance in 1999?

what was OBJs bank balance b4 the election? do you know

if you wanna ask questions as it relates to his plans and stuff- ASK

do not tell him hes corrupt if you dont have any evidence

if you think hes not good enuff, go to the polling center and cast ur vote for someone else
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2010
ziddy:

^^
Let's even forget how Dapolam rolled in U.I, for now. If he cannot reasonably account for his finances right now, then he has no business contesting for anything.

Better safe than sorry.
how he rolled has got nothing to do with his political life lest all the people in power today shd be impeached

he has no answers as per his finances cos this is not EFCC

i cant remember when he held a public post. so someone who has been private all his life is accountable to you?

i laff in hindu
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ Dayo Kanu Its so funny how ppl find it easy to conclude,

I asked a question no one answered not even you and all u keep doing is going on about someone you have never met.

Was TBK right about you? Lol
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2010
tkb417:

like asking for his bank balance in 1999?

what was OBJs bank balance b4 the election? do you know

if you wanna ask questions as it relates to his plans and stuff- ASK

do not tell him hes corrupt if you dont have any evidence

if you think hes not good enuff, go to the polling center and cast your vote for someone else

Actually, you are wrong in your attempt there to DECIDE what can be asked or not asked of Dapolam. It's a pity how living in Nigeria, many of our youths have no idea why it is necessary for them all to ask as many questions as possible to get a good understanding of who they are about to put in charge of their lives.
Yes, he can ask any question of Dapolam he deems important to his understanding if Dapolam is fit for the position or not. I suggest you try to pay some more attention to how it is done in other democracies, like America, in Europe and even in the east.

You ask questions of your candidates so you get a feel of whether they are good enough or not. And based on responses, you decide whether you will rather go to the polling center to vote for someone else. It is foolishness to do the latter before the former.

So, again, if you are not Dapolam, please Let DAPOLAM speak up for himself. Stop making yourself a STUMBLING BLOCK in the way of democracy!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2010
@Ronnie AA
Me my father was nothing I rocked ibadan with my galant, did club man, if my father was gov I will probably do more. Let he have no sin cast the first stone.
@dayokanu
Come to naija and develop it stop killing urself over green card if u can't don't criticise

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (37) (Reply)

Biafra Supporters Storm Nnamdi Kanu's Residence In Umuahia (Photos) / Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette / Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.