Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Ugly Britain - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Britain (106727 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Britain by waterworks(f): 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2008
@ POSTER

AND URE POINT IS, THERES SUFFERING EVERYWHERE POERIOD!
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2008
simple!
Re: Ugly Britain by damiso(f): 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2008
waterworks:

@ POSTER

AND URE POINT IS, THERES SUFFERING EVERYWHERE POERIOD!

Not in Heaven Though.between ,not all the pics showed suffering,some highlighted lifestyle prefrences which are universal(pls dont bash i no be Queen pikin just making an observation)
Re: Ugly Britain by agaba123(m): 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2008
Busy_body:

In danke's bedroom shocked shocked shocked YOU ARE SLEEPING ON THE COUCH TONIGHT, NO MAKE THAT THE DOG HOUSE angry angry angry
No honey. Look again. You probably were looking at the post above mine. wink
Re: Ugly Britain by kyida: 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2008
[size=16pt]I want to sell my UK VISA[/size]
Re: Ugly Britain by carmelily: 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2008
i doubt whether even BINGO go want am after this pafun THREADwork lol!
Re: Ugly Britain by agaba123(m): 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2008
carmelily:

i doubt whether even BINGO go want am after this pafun THREADwork lol!
grin grin You bet
Re: Ugly Britain by JamaicanQT(f): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2008
EVERY COUNTRY HAS ITS DOWNSIDE, I'VE LIVED IN THE LONDON FOR THE PAST 14 YEARS AND I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT BEFORE
Re: Ugly Britain by KarmaMod(f): 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2008
You've been blind for 14 years?

1 Like

Re: Ugly Britain by JamaicanQT(f): 7:28pm On Oct 27, 2008
its illegal to sell a visa, @kyida
Re: Ugly Britain by bagoma(f): 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2008
I dey gbadun this thread no be small grin

@ pie1ect,
everything is beautiful thank God. i believe same goes for you.
Re: Ugly Britain by medube(m): 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2008
This has really been one very interesting thread smiley I used to think that I was the only one who knew ADOPTED British people who do nothing but picture the UK as second to none, even HEAVEN smiley

On another hand, I came across a well written post a few days back on one other thread in this forum (though can't remember which). I believe it summarily explains why some people are like that, but they seem to forget every country has its good and bad. Here's the post:

"I'm ready to assist in whatever capacity to help combat fraud in Nigeria. But I'm afraid it can't be done. Why? The same reason why AIDS cannot be cured.
Fraud in Nigeria is now a syndrome. And the very instruments that are supposed to be defending it (The family institution, government, religiuos bodies etc) have been destroyed by the virus

My heart bled when I realised that majority of Nigerians don't seem to know the difference between wrong and right anymore.

Or how else can you describe a situation:

Where a father gives money to his child to go and 'block' his way through school and on graduation organise a big party for him/her.

or where a 'yahoo-yahoo pig' goes to the church to give thanksgiving for his newly bought car.

Where merit has been slaughtered on the alter of 'connection'.

Where agberos command more respect than the police.

Where the police people 'cannot live' without collecting N20 around street corners.

Where the few credible people can't contest for election and win.

Where human life is accorded no value.

Where people don't know their rights no more.

Where government has turned into confraternity in the name of Godfatherism.

Where people cannot do a single thing right except told and forced to do so.

Where the most powerful and influential youth leaders in the Niger Delta are all Millitants. These are the future leaders of
the region.
I'm a Niger Deltan, but when I look into the future I can't help but say 'woe betide Niger Delta!'

At times, I feel like the world should stop so I can alight. I'm the most patriotic Nigerian, but I will leave the country with the first opportunity that presents itself. Where to? Maybe Ghana, maybe Cotonou, maybe Uk, maybe Australia, maybe Dubai.
I'm not going in search of money. All I need is a re-assurance of sanity. I want to be re-assured I'm not the one who's insane. I want to be re-assured that it is the people I see and relate with that are insane.

Show me a sane Nigerian and I'll show you a thoroughly irritated man.

I don't believe in predestination, but maybe Nigeria has been destined to be like this.
In that case, I beg to withdraw back my pledge!

God help Nigeria. I love her so much.
But she's headed in the path of destruction."

Nevertheless, we must all join hands and fix our beloved aching Naija rather running to other places and painting them to be Paradise wink
Re: Ugly Britain by kyida: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2008
Dont mind the bad belle ppl

all these oyinbo ppl go dey do like say na dem holy pass

imagine one oyinbo wey dey yarn for you tube one day say make person dey use proxy if you wan download bit torrent
im don 4get say the software na another oyinbo man intectual property o!
Re: Ugly Britain by princekevo(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2008
KarmaMod:

You've been blind for 14 years?

lol!!!!Not only being blind i guess he/she lives in queens castle.lol

1 Like

Re: Ugly Britain by Glite(f): 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2008
medube:

This has really been one very interesting thread smiley I used to think that I was the only one who knew ADOPTED British people who do nothing but picture the UK as second to none, even HEAVEN smiley

On another hand, I came across a well written post a few days back on one other thread in this forum (though can't remember which). I believe it summarily explains why some people are like that, but they seem to forget every country has its good and bad. Here's the post:

"I'm ready to assist in whatever capacity to help combat fraud in Nigeria. But I'm afraid it can't be done. Why? The same reason why AIDS cannot be cured.
Fraud in Nigeria is now a syndrome. And the very instruments that are supposed to be defending it (The family institution, government, religiuos bodies etc) have been destroyed by the virus

My heart bled when I realised that majority of Nigerians don't seem to know the difference between wrong and right anymore.

Or how else can you describe a situation:

Where a father gives money to his child to go and 'block' his way through school and on graduation organise a big party for him/her.

or where a 'yahoo-yahoo pig' goes to the church to give thanksgiving for his newly bought car.

Where merit has been slaughtered on the alter of 'connection'.

Where agberos command more respect than the police.

Where the police people 'cannot live' without collecting N20 around street corners.

Where the few credible people can't contest for election and win.

Where human life is accorded no value.

Where people don't know their rights no more.

Where government has turned into confraternity in the name of Godfatherism.

Where people cannot do a single thing right except told and forced to do so.

Where the most powerful and influential youth leaders in the Niger Delta are all Millitants. These are the future leaders of
the region.
I'm a Niger Deltan, but when I look into the future I can't help but say 'woe betide Niger Delta!'

At times, I feel like the world should stop so I can alight. I'm the most patriotic Nigerian, but I will leave the country with the first opportunity that presents itself. Where to? Maybe Ghana, maybe Cotonou, maybe Uk, maybe Australia, maybe Dubai.
I'm not going in search of money. All I need is a re-assurance of sanity. I want to be re-assured I'm not the one who's insane. I want to be re-assured that it is the people I see and relate with that are insane.

Show me a sane Nigerian and I'll show you a thoroughly irritated man.

I don't believe in predestination, but maybe Nigeria has been destined to be like this.
In that case, I beg to withdraw back my pledge!

God help Nigeria. I love her so much.
But she's headed in the path of destruction."

Nevertheless, we must all join hands and fix our beloved aching Naija rather running to other places and painting them to be Paradise wink

Mind the gap .
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2008
ODDITIES

This nice lady is actually NOT a model but I can't for my life figure out what she's trying to achieve. (Probably also waiting for a bus undecided)

This is actually CENTRAL LONDON - supposed to be the cleanest in London

SCAVENGERS in a "Land of Plenty "

Re: Ugly Britain by AkedeOba(m): 12:31am On Oct 28, 2008
JamaicanQT:

its illegal to sell a visa, @kyida
so what is going on at bhc if not selling visa ? wink
Re: Ugly Britain by tpia: 12:56am On Oct 28, 2008

this one na winch oh. All these earth goddess wicca people and all that.

If I see am I go fast for thirty days.

if na naija woman, na curse she dey curse somebody be that.

ie assuming it isnt a sign of mental disorder.
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 28, 2008
pafun awesome work mate

Re: Ugly Britain by DisGuy: 6:24am On Oct 28, 2008
He said, “In Abuja, we receive about 200 visa applications daily and in Lagos, 400 applications daily and annually, we receive about 182,000 visa applications, 62,000 applications from Abuja and 120,000 from Lagos, but only50 % of applicants get visa.”
VFS

hmm with this thread; lets see what the figures will be next year
Re: Ugly Britain by GoldCircle: 7:23am On Oct 28, 2008
Rude boi Pafun! Me feel ya like a cool breeze on a sunday aftanoon! Good job man!Keep doin' wat ya doin'!

Jah bless & fire burn da wicked!!!
Re: Ugly Britain by FBS: 8:28am On Oct 28, 2008
pafun, ride on, this is the shizzle, grin I dey gbadun you o jare
Re: Ugly Britain by Scopium: 9:22am On Oct 28, 2008
[size=13pt]Me I like Nigeria, I love the land and people, everything e dey for Nigeria, make we join hand, and make Nigeria greater! I like am ooooooooooo![/size]
Re: Ugly Britain by IBEXY(m): 9:33am On Oct 28, 2008
its like the author of this post was denied UK visa. He should thank the website admin for offering this medium to vent his spleen.
Re: Ugly Britain by AkedeOba(m): 9:54am On Oct 28, 2008
IBEXY:

its like the author of this post was denied UK visa. He should thank the website admin for offering this medium to vent his spleen.
don't mind foolish pafun joo. that winch woman at the bus stop was my date cool
pafun u want visa ? somebody want to sell his own .
Re: Ugly Britain by Scopium: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2008
[size=13pt]Just like I don't mind the foolishly foolish akede-oba[/size]
Re: Ugly Britain by tayo4me(f): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2008
I undastand dat d poster was trying 2prove d point dat UK is also nt a bed of roses, but he didn't av 2go dis far. D police pictures only represent instances where dey r dealin with hardcore criminals, n nt just any random person.
Dere is no big deal in avin situations like dis, cuz UK is just 'another country'!!!
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2008
[b]Fellow Nigerians
When I started this thread it was merely for a bit of fun at the expense of the British (too many countries have been having fun at the expense of Nigeria for such a long time anyway ). It was also to cheer up the army of disillusioned young Nigerians who have lost billions of Naira in applying for all flavours of visa . The ultimate objective was to show that they could actualy be better off at home. Anyone who has not learnt at least that important lesson deserves whatever travails and frustration that life hands to them in their travels. For those that got a good laugh out of all this, bless your soul, and I wish you very many years of laughter. Similarly for those who have been embittered by this thread _ _ _ _

However it will be irresponsible of me to not notice that there are a lot of Nigerians (the rest of us are Naijas) who live a precarious life in the UK , and who sincerely feel very afraid that this sort of discussion could have dire consequences especially on their relationship with their British neighbours and eventually on their continued stay in the UK . Pafun (=bread=money) is not a poor person and wishes nobody misery . Therefore Pafun wil be retiring from this thread with immediate effect.

I thank you all for reading , encouraging, and cursing. I thank The Punch for making this larger than it was meant to be. I thank Siena for resigning at the right time else this thread wouldn't have gotten this far , and I thank Seun for not suing me (yet).

Goodbye all, Adios , O dabo , Carry go !

(Una no go clap ? )[/b]

1 Like

Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2008
pafun:

[b]Fellow Nigerians
When I started this thread it was merely for a bit of fun at the expense of the British (too many countries have been having fun at the expense of Nigeria for such a long time anyway ). It was also to cheer up the army of disillusioned young Nigerians who have lost billions of Naira in applying for all flavours of visa . The ultimate objective was to show that they could actualy be better off at home. Anyone who has not learn at least that important lesson deserves whatever travails and frustration that life hands to them in their travels. For those that got a good laugh out of all this, bless your soul, and I wish you very many years of laughter. Similarly for those who have been embittered by this thread _ _ _ _

However it will be irresponsible of me to not notice that there are a lot of Nigerians (the rest of us are Naijas) who live a precarious life in the UK , and who sincerely feel very afraid that this sort of discussion could have dire consequences especially on their relationship with their British neighbours and eventually on their continued stay in the UK . Pafun (=bread=money) is not a poor person and wishes nobody misery . Therefore Pafun wil be retiring from this thread with immediate effect.

I thank you all for reading , encouraging, and cursing. I thank The Punch for making this larger than it was meant to be. I thank Siena for resigning at the right time else this thread wouldn't have gotten this far , and I thank Seun for not suing me.

Goodbye all, Adios , O dabo , Carry go !

(Una no go clap ? )[/b]

Where are you going angry angry angry Come back here before I open my eyes angry angry angry

It's obvious the people frothing at the mouth are those whom were getting too uncomfortable with the truth behind the message you were trying to convey and prolly had something to hide cheesy

You cannot satisfy Nigerians, someone posted pictures of nice places in Nigeria, but got flamed for not posting pictures of the bad places, Anusule posted pictures of nice places in Britain, people jumped on his throat for showing off the fact that he was in the UK and just bought a digital camera undecided

Nothing do you jare, now carry go, at least there is no Siena to delete your thread tongue grin
Re: Ugly Britain by FBS: 2:16pm On Oct 28, 2008
my guy pafun carry go o jare, if anyone no like am, they can jump for all we care.
you just shouldn't give up on it now. This is by far one of the best posts on NL.

Ma se be ru, Ma se bo ya, A wa le yin re!  cool
Re: Ugly Britain by KarmaMod(f): 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2008

I thank you all for reading , encouraging, and cursing. I thank The Punch for making this larger than it was meant to be. I thank Siena for resigning at the right time else this thread wouldn't have gotten this far , and I thank Seun for not suing me (yet).

grin wink It was fun. Thanks
Re: Ugly Britain by GoldCircle: 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2008
good for you Pafun!

"A good actor leaves the stage when the ovation is loudest"! you've done your part, what is left we would consolidate!
Cheerio! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26)

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.