Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Ugly Britain - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Britain (106729 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Britain by jaybee3(m): 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2008
@ nana
u and hmmmmng

defend ur town na
Re: Ugly Britain by Bastage: 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2008
Interesting fact is that most UK prostitutes are actually Eastern European.

Dem gon put local girlz outta bizness!!! grin
Re: Ugly Britain by AkedeOba(m): 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2008
pafun:

Everywhere you look MORE ashewo prostitutes : grin grin grin

NOTE : please disregard some of earlier posting on prostitutes as it has just be pointed out to me in recent posts by Messrs Bassogi and Pantaki that ONE picture shows some people breaking the law by using WRONG number plates and driving on the WRONG side of the road. It also appears these two gentlemen know some of the girls in the pictures personally - especially the naked one with the fat butt in a red room waiting for a bus. The error is regretted grin grin

U are completely mad and hilarious and u must be a writer . I know of only one Naija writer in UK who is able to do sarcasm this well and I hope for the sake of the peeps arguing with u that u are not the guy . Ride on cheesy
Re: Ugly Britain by newdeal(m): 8:30pm On Oct 26, 2008
oh my GOD, where was i all these while?
@poster
God bless you one hundred times every second!
I dare say those pictures you posted only revealed a speck of the entire picture. Many of us living here are afraid, [naahh, ashamed rather] of revealing the squalor in which we live, so as not to remove the last vestige of ''borrowed pride'' [/b]we parade in the name of [b]''living abroad''. People hear fairy tales of ''developed nations'' and, pronto! they want to come over by all means without a clear plan of what they want to come and do. So they fall prey to all kinds of dehumanising situations that only God can extricte them from. I accept that considerably, condition of living here is better than what obtains in naija [light, transport & communication system, housing etc] but these things are not accesible to just anybody. Recently,  to get a new handset from Carphone Warehouse [/i]for instance, I had to present my passport. Now how many Nigerians here can do that without risking deportation? To those Naijabrits who are working themselves into a frenzy defending ''Queensland'' i can only say you missed the point of the post!
To conclude the truth is this: U.K [or any other developed nation for that matter] is not a [i]paradise,
can never be. If you want to come here, make sure you know what you are coming for and avoid cutting corners to come otherwise you will pay dearly for it, as so many are doing here.
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2008
@ akede-oba
bros i no know book o !

@ newdeal
Another honest Naija voice from UK , not some emotional jerk . Remain blessed.
Re: Ugly Britain by RichyBlacK(m): 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2008
pafun:
Point of correction sir ; you can't blame me if you chose to think  like an illiterate. If you have read all the comments in this thread from the beginning you will not have arrived at such a misinformed conclusion.

@pafun,

You're a fool!

Instead of trying to do something about Nigeria's dirty image, dirty environment, dirty system of government, dirty schools, and dirty people like you and your ilk, you're stupidly trying to make other nations look bad. You're a complete joke and no Nigerian will take you seriously, after all most Nigerians still want to visit "Ugly Britain" and never come back to Nigeria! Ode!

If you're angry about your fortune wherever you are (I'm sure not in Naija), then go back to "Beautiful Nigeria" and leave "Ugly %$@#!##". Nonsense slowpoke!

We're talking about how to develop Naija, and this charlatan is wasting bandwidth posting pictures of the other nations far ahead and much more developed than Nigeria in a pitiful attempt to boost his battered psyche! Mumu!

Tomorrow, you'll start making plans for your sibling to go study in "Ugly Britain". Nama!
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@pafun,

You're a fool!

Instead of trying to do something about Nigeria's dirty image, dirty environment, dirty system of government, dirty schools, and dirty people like you and your ilk, you're stupidly trying to make other nations look bad. You're a complete joke and no Nigerian will take you seriously, after all most Nigerians still want to visit "Ugly Britain" and never come back to Nigeria! Ode!

If you're angry about your fortune wherever you are (I'm sure not in Naija), then go back to "Beautiful Nigeria" and leave "Ugly %$@#!##". Nonsense slowpoke!

We're talking about how to develop Naija, and this charlatan is wasting bandwidth posting pictures of the other nations far ahead and much more developed than Nigeria in a pitiful attempt to boost his battered psyche! Mumu!

Tomorrow, you'll start making plans for your sibling to go study in "Ugly Britain". Nama!

Shh!! Temper , temper
Which kind forum be this self.

Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood . . .
shocked
Re: Ugly Britain by RichyBlacK(m): 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2008
pafun:

Shh!! Temper , temper . shocked

You're an idiot! I made a comment with no abuse and you resorted to insulting me. You think I'll keep quiet? Asshole!

People like you are a disgrace to civil discourse. Someone makes a comment and all of a sudden you think you wield exclusive rights to abuse and insult just anybody!
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2008
RichyBlacK:

You're an idiot! I made a comment with no abuse and you resorted to insulting me. You think I'll keep quiet? Asshole!

People like you are a disgrace to civil discourse. Someone makes a comment and all of a sudden you think you wield exclusive rights to abuse and insult just anybody!

As a matter of fact your "comment" was very abusive :
@pafun, you're being dishonest! If it was just for amusement, then why try to make it sound/look like a serious photo-documentary?
It is good to always think before you speak , and always learn how an argument got to its present point before firing off your conclusion. I honestly think you got the sort of response that your comment deserved , but what the hell , OK Oga i beg no vex. Are you alright now ? Greet everybody for house for me o, you hear ?. undecided
Re: Ugly Britain by reindeer: 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2008
just because they yab england some people are almost having seizures, na wah for nigerians o!i wonder what 'real britons' will do if people who borrowed nationalities are reacting thus.
Pls lets take it easy, how many of these folks get angry when their fatherland is insulted?
we know nija isnt right but haba such venom coming from adopted brits, shame!

1 Like

Re: Ugly Britain by mayordee(m): 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2008
@ Reindeer
Word
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2008
newdeal:

oh my GOD, where was i all these while?
@poster
God bless you one hundred times every second!
I dare say those pictures you posted only revealed a speck of the entire picture. Many of us living here are afraid, [naahh, ashamed rather] of revealing the squalor in which we live, so as not to remove the last vestige of ''borrowed pride'' [/b]we parade in the name of [b]''living abroad''. People hear fairy tales of ''developed nations'' and, pronto! they want to come over by all means without a clear plan of what they want to come and do. So they fall prey to all kinds of dehumanising situations that only God can extricate them from. . . ?

shocked shocked shocked Ouch angry angry angry

Ride on brethren grin grin grin
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2008
reindeer:

just because they yab england some people are almost having seizures, na wah for nigerians o!i wonder what 'real britons' will do if people who borrowed nationalities are reacting thus.
please lets take it easy, how many of these folks get angry when their fatherland is insulted?
we know nija isnt right but haba such venom coming from adopted brits, shame!

It's all so unbelievale ! see how I have been described by just ONE SINGLE poster today :
dishonest
fool!
dirty
complete joke
Ode!
Nonsense slowpoke!
charlatan
Mumu!
Nama!
idiot!
Asshole!

It's a good thing nobody knows my real name or address else i should be afraid to go home tonight.
Wow I must be really good !! grin grin
Goodnight folks.
Re: Ugly Britain by RichyBlacK(m): 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2008
pafun:

It's all so unbelievale ! see how I have been described by just ONE SINGLE poster today :
dishonest
fool!
dirty
complete joke
Ode!
Nonsense slowpoke!
charlatan
Mumu!
Nama!
idiot!
Asshole!

It's a good thing nobody knows my real name or address else i should be afraid to go home tonight.
Wow I must be really good !! grin grin
Goodnight folks.

@pafun,

I don't care about your views of the UK, the US or any other so-called developed nation.

What ticked me off was instead of you engaging in a debate (or ignoring me) you tried to shut me down with an insult.
Re: Ugly Britain by AkedeOba(m): 10:57pm On Oct 26, 2008
@richyblack
from here it looks like u abused him and he reacted only u could not stomach d answer because u feel so important. why shd he ignore u ? becos ur very impotant ? i think ur permanetly tickd off and u shd control ur temper . all those insults coming from a christian? shame cool
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 11:04pm On Oct 26, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@pafun,

I don't care about your views of the UK, the US or any other so-called developed nation.

What ticked me off was instead of you engaging in a debate (or ignoring me) you tried to shut me down with an insult.

I know you love your debates and I do too kiss but your opening line accused him of being dishonest and fraudulently misrepresenting . . . whilst all he set out to do was a tongue-in-cheek tourist guide to the United Kingdom, so it would have been hard for him to engage you in anything short of a mud-slanging match.

Both of you are my personal person, so I don't know who I will support if this debate continues, so I take God beg both of una to kiss and make up, aiight. Please, I am on my knees kiss
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2008
Akede-Oba:

@richyblack
from here it looks like u abused him and he reacted only u could not stomach d answer because u feel so important. why should he ignore u ? because ur very impotant ? i think ur permanetly tickd off and u should control ur temper . all those insults coming from a christian? shame cool

wink wink wink The debate has been settled, thanks. Now you can carry on with the message the Oba sent you cheesy
Re: Ugly Britain by agaba123(m): 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2008
Busy_body:

I know you love your debates and I do too kiss but your opening line accused him of being dishonest and fraudulently misrepresenting . . . whilst all he set out to do was a tongue-in-cheek tourist guide to the United Kingdom, so it would have been hard for him to engage you in anything short of a mud-slanging match.

Both of you are my personal person, so I don't know who I will support if this debate continues, so I take God beg both of una to kiss and make up, aiight. Please, I am on my knees kiss
Abomination

You want men to kiss? are they eemmm . . . . .

Ok are they from asia undecided
Re: Ugly Britain by tpia: 11:23pm On Oct 26, 2008
please lets take it easy, how many of these folks get angry when their fatherland is insulted?

I WONDER OH!!!!!!!!

person wey wan die on top awoof thing- person wey lose the awoof, wetin him go do?

The British migration peeps will even be thanking heaven for this thread, while some Nigerians want to bust a vein because Great Britain is being slandered. Thor wey them throway for slum since birth, come dey open mouth as well, inside him mental home.

Switzerland funds TV ads to deter African migrants
http://www.haaba.com/news-story/switzerland-funds-tv-ads-deter-african-migrants

GENEVA, Nov 25, 2007 (AFP) - Switzerland is funding TV adverts to be shown in Nigeria and Cameroon to try to deter would-be illegal immigrants from coming to the country, the International Organisation for Migration confirmed Sunday.

The paper published screen stills of the advert, showing an African migrant phoning his father from Switzerland and assuring him all is well, while in reality he is forced to live on the street, chased by the police and beg for a living.

The IOM has also produced similar adverts in Senegal and Niger, funded by Spain and the European Union respectively, he added.

Such adverts are not a 'panacea' but a 'useful tool' in the fight against people smuggling, Chauzy said.

Switzerland's hard-right justice minister Christoph Blocher supports the campaign. He told SonntagsBlick that 'we must show the Africans that Switzerland is not paradise'.

likewise Spain is funding similar ads.

Nobody is saying people should not travel. But nowhere is paradise, as far as I know. In any case, some of these diaspora Nigerians seem to have left their sense of humor behind at the embassy in Nigeria after getting their visa?
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2008
Busy_body:

That suggestion woke me up from my sleep. You mean kiss and make up like this ? :

[img]http://www.positivenation.co.uk/issue105/pics/gay-men-reinfection.jpg
[/img]
Hey honey I don't know this guy . Besides , that is not my scene. can you kiss me instead and you can make up with him if you like . I don't mind honest kiss
Goodnight kiss
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 12:35am On Oct 27, 2008
pafun:

That suggestion woke me up from my sleep. You mean kiss and make up like this ? :

[img]http://www.positivenation.co.uk/issue105/pics/gay-men-reinfection.jpg
[/img]
Hey honey I don't know this guy . Besides , that is not my scene. can you kiss me instead and you can make up with him if you like . I don't mind honest kiss
Goodnight kiss

Mi ko ba sope o o gather, sugbon Wón ti dá e ná grin grin grin
Re: Ugly Britain by Busybody2(f): 12:38am On Oct 27, 2008
agaba123:

Abomination

You want men to kiss? are they eemmm . . . . .

Ok are they from asia undecided

In danke's bedroom shocked shocked shocked YOU ARE SLEEPING ON THE COUCH TONIGHT, NO MAKE THAT THE DOG HOUSE angry angry angry
Re: Ugly Britain by pie1ect(m): 2:56am On Oct 27, 2008
Why are we working ourselves into a frenzy?

Haba, some of the sentiments expressed on this thread are frightening. If this was a real live (face2face) discussion, someone would have gotten seriously hurt.

Jeez, na another man country we dey defend like this? - Wow, seriously, wow.
If we used some of this passion to demand responsible governance from our leaders in Nigeria, I'm sure we could be heading in a more positve direction.

Man, its been so long, didnt know u still visit NL
@ Bagoma
Yeah, I still do once in a while. I'm quite a busy body these days, but Nairaland is always fun to visit.
Long time, hope things r cool with you.
Re: Ugly Britain by busygirl(f): 4:19am On Oct 27, 2008
@ pafun, do you still live in the U.k?
Re: Ugly Britain by Nwaka77: 7:27am On Oct 27, 2008
pie1ect:

Why are we working ourselves into a frenzy?

Haba, some of the sentiments expressed on this thread are frightening. If this was a real live (face2face) discussion, someone would have gotten seriously hurt.

Jeez, na another man country we dey defend like this? - Wow, seriously, wow.
If we used some of this passion to demand responsible governance from our leaders in Nigeria, I'm sure we could be heading in a more positve direction.

@ bolded, Exactly! I tire for some people undecided
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 9:51am On Oct 27, 2008
busygirl:

@ pafun, do you still live in the UK?

no speeka da eenglish !! grin
You wan make dem black-oyinbo people in this forum winch me ?
Have a blessed week my sister.
Re: Ugly Britain by FBS: 10:42am On Oct 27, 2008
OMG!  this is brilliant. I've been thinking of something like this for a long long time.  In fact in form of a movie titled "The Other Side of Europe" or "The Europe you never see"

Mr Pafun (pafun as in bread?)))) grin) you are nothing but genial genious (never mind my english).
Let me take my time and read through the posts. Man mi, you are blessed.

1 Like

Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 27, 2008
What you fail to understand is there is an ugly side to every country on this earth. The fact remains that Britain is still one of the richest and most powerful nations on this earth. The fact that most Africans would rather rather live in "Ugly Britain" than in Africa tells you all you need to know. Please let's not talk of dirty Africa. Instead of putting down Britain you should be taking pictures of Nigeria which will put all the pictures you have posted here to shame and ask why after all these years, billions in oil revenue, nothing has changed.
Re: Ugly Britain by Scopium: 11:55am On Oct 27, 2008
[size=13pt]@ Pafun
RIDE ON BROTHER!

To those claiming Britain is the master piece from where God stole the design of paradise, go suescrew yourselves[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ugly Britain by Livvvvy(f): 12:18pm On Oct 27, 2008
Am sure Pafun didnt start this thread becos he wants to disregard Britain or the queen or you all making your living there in Britain, he is only trying to make it clear and known to those fustrated, jobless and sick nigerians here that they can make their homes better if they decide to start making life straight for themselves and others here, becos the abroad every nigeria dreams of going is not so better than 9ja.

People stayed back in USA and other countries to developed that place, so we can also as well stay back if there is no reason to travel abroad to develop our own country. If we all keep running away from the country, how can we all join hands and develop our country.

Fellow Niaja abroad, even if you live a billion years in another's man country, you can never take your root away from u.

I love being a niaja, not proud of certain things i see but i will atleast contribute my own quota to developing those around me for the best.

Hope u feel me.
Re: Ugly Britain by Scopium: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2008
[size=13pt]I feel you 100%[/size]
Re: Ugly Britain by slyk2(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2008
its nice to tell the world about this part of the so called great queens land!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26)

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.