Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Ugly Britain - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Britain (106726 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2008
nA WA OOO
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2008
Even with all this, nigeria is still a billion shit compared to nigeria. Yall aint got mouf or have yall got any?
Re: Ugly Britain by pie1ect(m): 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2008
bigmodo:

Even with all this, nigeria is still a billion shit compared to nigeria. Yall aint got mouth or have yall got any?

shocked shocked
lipsrsealed
Re: Ugly Britain by Gamine(f): 6:26pm On Oct 28, 2008
Re: Ugly Britain by pie1ect(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2008
Na Wa O

una no go kill me with laugh

@Bagoma,

Thanks, I'm cool.
Re: Ugly Britain by Glite(f): 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2008
@Dis_Guy
He said, “In Abuja, we receive about 200 visa applications daily and in Lagos, 400 applications daily and annually, we receive about 182,000 visa applications, 62,000 applications from Abuja and 120,000 from Lagos, but only50 % of applicants get visa.”
At average of N25,000 per application British Government earn at least 182,000 x 25,000 = N4.6 billion (£20million) from Nigeria every year from visa applications - for doing nothing more than filling forms !!. shocked
No wonder they despise us so much . Na wa for Naija people o !
Re: Ugly Britain by OutlukBabe(f): 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2008
For the past 7 years I hvnt met any1 (Nigerian) in UK and other European countries that is not secretly wishing to go back home. When I came the first time, anyone I met seems to be happy except me, and when I started complaining I realized Im not the only one. U c what those pictures are showing are just some isolated problems associated with society maintenance. The ugliest part of it is the inner feeling we constantly have that this is not our place. This is not our home. No matter how long u stay in UK or any foreign country u wont just feel that inner happiness. One constantly remind himself that is not home and will wish to go home. That is the Ugliest part of it. I wish Nigeria will improve, but anytime I go home, things seems to be going bad and bad. I wish the brain drain will turn into brain gain much faster.
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2008
OutlukBabe:

For the past 7 years I hvnt met anyone (Nigerian) in UK and other European countries that is not secretly wishing to go back home. When I came the first time, anyone I met seems to be happy except me, and when I started complaining I realized I'm not the only one. U c what those pictures are showing are just some isolated problems associated with society maintenance. The ugliest part of it is the inner feeling we constantly have that this is not our place. This is not our home. No matter how long u stay in UK or any foreign country u wont just feel that inner happiness. One constantly remind himself that is not home and will wish to go home. That is the Ugliest part of it. I wish Nigeria will improve, but anytime I go home, things seems to be going bad and bad. I wish the brain drain will turn into brain gain much faster.

You can never compare two places with success. Each one has its failure like this thread shows . Access to the good infrastructure of developed countries and also the "inner happiness" of home is very desirable but sadly it is often Utopia . Don't forget that most Britons hate their climate because they only have about 120 days of sunshine in a year while we have sunshine all year round. Thousands of them leave the UK every year because of this reason alone and most never return until they are old and almost ready to be buried. The British weather is one of the biggest joke in the world and it gets worse and worse. (Damn i should have posted some pics on this. Too late angry )
Do Naija abroad put same energy into Nigeria as they do on the job they do abroad and into paying their huge bills abroad ? Certainly not , else you should be looking to find the means to succeed in your own little businesses at home rather than looking for where " things seems to be going bad and bad " .I am sure when you are in uk or wherever , you are not looking for where things are going bad and bad otherwise you will not be living there at all. My sister [b]YOU [/b]are the brain gain that Nigeria needs, stop looking for anyone else to do it for you. It is neither good , bad or shameful to live abroad away from home , after all home is where your heart is, but if your heart is in Naija and you are settling down elsewhere where you are ill at ease - big problem for you .

Sorry I must really and finally leave this thread now.

@Busy body
You know where to find me. Usual place at Yaba left grin
Re: Ugly Britain by Ifygurl: 12:46am On Oct 29, 2008
@ poster.

I knew there was a reason i've been avoiding visiting my cousin in London(Sike i'm playing but i ain't going to that country, she has to come here. I don't want to die from cold). LMFAO.

Jeez, Europeans chill. Abeg, did the girl/ boy say that place is the worst place on earth. God, you guys will jump in ehen Nigerians are talking about the bad in our country but you can't stand when someone criticize your country. Damn, chill.

@ poster
I don't blame you. When i get my degree in America; i'm going back to Nigeria(i'm not in love with this country but i don't hate/insult it). And plus, i actually want to help fix the health problems in Naija(unlike all this Naija doctors in America, Canada and Europe). Yeye people, your people are dying but you guys won't help them because of money. I rather die poor than sit and be a doctor aboard and watch my people dying in Nigeria(I'm going to follow my brother and uncle footstep and move back).

1 Like

Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 1:34am On Oct 29, 2008
@poster while i agree with the purpose of this thread i think somehow laying the blame at the feet of diasporans is totally wrong, first of all migration is a way of life and ppl have always moved from one place to the other right from the word go so why would it suddenly be a no no now
secondly united states is cold ,canada is cold i have been opportuned to visit there and know they r colder than u.k so i dont realli get the emphasis on uk,

would you rather have a single person leave uk and go back to a country where irrespective of the citizens wishes,the leaders are glorified armed robbers just to prove a point
so to show she is patriotic,she should leave her job here and go get a job paying 100,000 naira a month,rent maybe a 1 bed flat in sum run down ketu or agege with mosquitos e.t.c
lastly saying diasporans energy is somewhat misplaced is a totally wrong statement,people work long hours abroad because they get paid for what they do and there are commitments,besides money is an incentive for everybody,polish,russians,europeans all work very hard in this country for money in fact the polish work harder and have better work ethics than nigerians, all because there is a working system rewarding hard wrk, where is that present in nigeriaunless you want all diasporans to move to nigeria and maybe work at pushing wheel barrows to show they are working to improve their country while politicians are busy looting and sending all the money back where they came from
Re: Ugly Britain by dragon2(m): 3:57am On Oct 29, 2008
Re: Ugly Britain by EloSela(f): 5:17am On Oct 29, 2008
pafun:

You can never compare two places with success. Each one has its failure like this thread shows . Access to the good infrastructure of developed countries and also the "inner happiness" of home is very desirable but sadly it is often Utopia . Don't forget that most Britons hate their climate because they only have about 120 days of sunshine in a year while we have sunshine all year round. Thousands of them leave the UK every year because of this reason alone and most never return until they are old and almost ready to be buried. The British weather is one of the biggest joke in the world and it gets worse and worse. (Damn i should have posted some pics on this. Too late angry )
Do Naija abroad put same energy into Nigeria as they do on the job they do abroad and into paying their huge bills abroad ? Certainly not , else you should be looking to find the means to succeed in your own little businesses at home rather than looking for where " things seems to be going bad and bad " .I am sure when you are in uk or wherever , you are not looking for where things are going bad and bad otherwise you will not be living there at all. My sister [b]YOU [/b]are the brain gain that Nigeria needs, stop looking for anyone else to do it for you. It is neither good , bad or shameful to live abroad away from home , after all home is where your heart is, but if your heart is in Naija and you are settling down elsewhere where you are ill at ease - big problem for you .

Sorry I must really and finally leave this thread now.

@Busy body
You know where to find me. Usual place at Yaba left grin

@Parfun

A little history lesson for you

Making a point by saying Britons are leaving the country is really besides the point. Britons, since the beginning of time have always emigrated all over the world and set up their own communities and it is no different today. How do you think countries like the Australia, New Zealand, and Canada became what we know them as today? In case it escaped you the Queen of England is also the Queen of Australia, New Zealand and Canada too so if Britons are still emigrating to these countries today it is nothing new. Why do you think more than half the world speaks the language (English) of a tiny little Island today?

Further more, the United States of America also came about during the revolution when 13 British colonies on the East coast including New York, Virginia, Carolina,New Hampshire, Connecticut, New England, New Jersey and Pennsylvania were lost by Britain because the King of England at the time was a tyrant and insisted on charging too much tax to the British who set up and lived in those colonies. Those 13 British colonies then went on to become the original United States of America. The declaration was also signed by men who had descended from Britons such as Jefferson, Washington, Franklin and Adams some of who went on to become the first presidents of the USA.

As I said previously when I first addressed your thread, concern yourself with fixing up Nigeria so that people won't leave instead of downing other countries to make yourself feel better about the pitiful state that Nigeria as the only people to blame for that are Nigerians. grin grin ;DThat being said I would like to thank you because maybe. . .just maybe your post may have had a positive effect on those people queueing up at the British embassy in their droves trying to get their visas sorted out, so much so that they give up. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ugly Britain by dearstan(m): 6:40am On Oct 29, 2008
dont you all get it?? It is all meant to be a joke, something to laugh about and some of ya'll are taking it seriously personal, Gosh!!! Whatever happened to people's sense of humuor
Re: Ugly Britain by honeric01(m): 7:15am On Oct 29, 2008
Elosela, are we in history class? wetin come bring all these story and tales? what is wrong with someone trying to show some people what we don't get to see on TV if you have a problem coping with it, i suggest you leave this thread so you don't get too emotional for UK as to want to cut off pafun's head, lol
Pafun beware before the british second class citizens start chanting "BEHEAD HIM!. BEHEAD HIM!!, BEHEAD HIM!!!

1 Like

Re: Ugly Britain by honeric01(m): 7:24am On Oct 29, 2008
WE all know MOST of the problems Nigeria is facing so why it makes no sense talking about the problems, what you should talk about is the solution, if you bring up solutions, then we are ready to talk about it, Nigeria is this, Nigeria is that, yes, even my Dog knows that, that's he barks every 9am in the morning,
Re: Ugly Britain by Glite(f): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2008
drag_on:

ahem, tongue http://www.thesun.co.uk/discussions/posts/list/If_you_had_the_cash_would_you_leave_England~63~-59290.page

Dynamite !! I think everybody must read this grin grin
"Diasporans" see how much the real British hate you and their "shite" country. (their own word not mine) grin grin

lucabrasi:

secondly united states is cold ,canada is cold i have been opportuned to visit there and know they r colder than UK so i don't realli get the emphasis on uk,

Florida is sometimes hotter than Lagos, you can't have seen much of US

@pafun
God bless you wherever you are today. kiss
Re: Ugly Britain by sexyLeamon(f): 8:53am On Oct 29, 2008
am officially addicted to this thread
Re: Ugly Britain by landis(m): 10:04am On Oct 29, 2008
sexyLeamon:

am officially addicted to this thread

Good for you!
grin cheesy grin
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2008
This has to be one of the best threads in nairaland,its an eye opener and also a perspective into the pyscology of  most Nigerians in the diaspora
I  for one couldnt understand the anger or was it fear .
Its like self brainwashing and hypnosis,and what Bob Marley called mental slavery.

thanks Pafun for telling Nigerians what they will see on the streets of London or England.The truth always sets free
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 29, 2008
these pictures should be be put one every place people can see it.
So that this miseducation of our people should stop,for christsakes,thousands of people die for nothing hoping to get find an illusive dream
Re: Ugly Britain by landis(m): 10:13am On Oct 29, 2008
@EloSela
.just maybe your post may have had a positive effect on those people queueing up at the British embassy in their droves trying to get their visas sorted out, so much so that they give up

yeah yeah, there you go again.

why cant you LEAVE UK for the Queen?

why do you still put Sapele in your location?

Your Queen deserves all the AFRICANS in UK: she after all stole and still stealing their wealth.

And to deceive 'the poor africans' further, your Queen calls it: Commonwealth but its only common in her land.'
Re: Ugly Britain by AkedeOba(m): 10:16am On Oct 29, 2008
who is nigeria ? this is one question i always ask myself . nigeria is not a person . is it not me and you ? and if nigeria has to be fixed it will be by fixing up me and you and our perception and attitude to ourself and the name we call ourself collectively . in developed countries if the citizens see something they don't like they organize protests and carry placards and change the system. but if my naija brothers see something they don't like they run away and curse from abroad. nobody wants to die , they want somebody else to die for them . i no blame them sha. eba dey sweet o !

@pafun
anyway sha bros pafun you sure say you no be british man who want to discourage the rest of us from coming to your country . no be say i wan come o as time don nearly reach to dey dress like crazeman . winter don come grin
Re: Ugly Britain by JJYOU: 10:27am On Oct 29, 2008
problem with most Nigerians is truth, justice and fairness are alien to us as a people. we see nothing bad in one of us telling obvious lies. Britain is a tiny island probably the size of some 3 to 5 states in Nigeria with less than 60million people. majority don't have degree level education like we have in Nigeria. i am yet to see one British with 2 heads.

again majority of the pics were not taken in the wider  UK let alone Britain

Akede-Oba:

nobody wants to die , they want somebody else to die for them . i

is Nigeria worth dying for? what happened to those who died for the country before?
Re: Ugly Britain by AkedeOba(m): 10:33am On Oct 29, 2008
[/b]
JJYOU:

problem with most Nigerians is truth, justice and fairness are alien to us as a people. we see nothing bad in one of us telling obvious lies.
you are not being very truthful to yourself either and when someone begins to lie to himself his life is in serious trouble.

britain is hundreds of years older than "nigeria" . where were you in the victorian time of the plagues and other calamities which were of poor hygiene in london ? go to london museum and see for yourself and then go and get a hair cut my brother they didn't get where they are overnight but by working hard at it[b] with slave labour from abroad[/b]
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 29, 2008
Is Nigeria worth dying for?That is the most irresponsible statement a person will make to justify his neurotic perception.
If u find Nigeria so distasteful then Nigeria also does not have any need for people like u
We have survived and will survive with or without U.
Go and Hug ur adopted countries where u will always have to prove to yourself and to them that u are someone just because u have a darker skin tone

slave
Re: Ugly Britain by JJYOU: 10:58am On Oct 29, 2008
Akede-Oba:

[/b]you are not being very truthful to yourself either and when someone begins to lie to himself his life is in serious trouble.

britain is hundreds of years older than "nigeria" . where were you in the victorian time of the plagues and other calamities which were of poor hygiene in london ? go to london museum and see for yourself and then go and get a hair cut my brother they didn't get where they are overnight but by working hard at it[b] with slave labour from abroad[/b]

100yrs indeed. you are exhibiting the same mentallity our fore-fathers had. oyinbo didnt just colonized africa and took its people as slaves. our people sold citizens away. dont go near the force a group of few white men used to take a whole continent please. spare yourself that today.
ehie:

Is Nigeria worth dying for?That is the most irresponsible statement a person will make to justify his neurotic perception.
If u find Nigeria so distasteful then Nigeria also does not have any need for people like u
We have survived and will survive with or without U.
Go and Hug ur adopted countries where u will always have to prove to yourself and to them that u are someone just because u have a darker skin tone

slave

you could have answered the question i asked. what happened to the ones that died for the country before? is that too much a question to be asked?
Re: Ugly Britain by Glite(f): 11:10am On Oct 29, 2008
Akede-Oba:

working hard at it[b] with slave labour from abroad[/b]
AFAIK It's still happening !
LMAO
Re: Ugly Britain by nomanicole(f): 11:29am On Oct 29, 2008
pafun my guy,
carry on o jare,if anybody is not enjoying what u posted here let the person leave ,find somewhere else and hit his\her head on the wall
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 29, 2008
the ones who have died fighting for Nigeria didnt die in vain,
nothing is done in vain,just because u don't see rewards or eulogies doent mean they have rotted into the annals of history.
And its not only in Nigeria that Heroes are forgotten,its all over the world with the fast pace of life and constant info, most people have a very small attention span.
If u want to die and fight for a cause dont do it because of fame or eulogies,do it because u believe very strongly for it and even if u arent appreciated u are willing to take the leap.
well the bottom line is if u live for nothing,u die for nothing
Re: Ugly Britain by dragon2(m): 11:45am On Oct 29, 2008
A.D 1666 cheesy
omo-9ja:"i no dey go"! shocked
oyibo:"you must follow me to the Uk mate" cool
omo-9ja:"tufiakwa!,na lie!","make i leave ma papa land?,God forbid!" angry
oyibo:"you have no choice in the matter" tongue
omo-9ja:"over my dead body" angry
oyibo:probably wink

Fast forward A.D 20XX
omo-naija: "eh! bros how far na?!"
oyibo:"what do you mean?"
omo-9ja:"haba!,bros,make we arrangee,i wun come ya side"
oyibo:"NEVER! we don't need immigrants" shocked
omo-naija:"nawa for you o!.","sha if papa troway bikin from front e go follow backyard." grin

naija----TRANSFORM----oyibonaija(english change) shocked grin
oyibonaija:"our country is a mess man it ain't worth it s**t"
naija2 :"bros na wetin nah" embarassed
oyibonaija"we lie to ourselves,cheat,accept all kinds of graft, grammar, grammar"
naija2:"but wait o bros,if naija better you go come back?" tongue
oyibonija:"of-course!" cheesy
naija2:"bloody leech and hypocrite,you ran away when it was bad for a better country,and will only come back if living conditions are better than where you are!"."why didn't you stay and fix the problem rather than runaway and instruct from a distance?,now you want to reap the rewards of another man's sweat." angry
Re: Ugly Britain by AFAIK: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2008
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE cry
Re: Ugly Britain by sexyLeamon(f): 11:59am On Oct 29, 2008
AFAIK:

EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE cry
how is that related to this topic? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26)

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.