Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Ugly Britain - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Britain (106735 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Britain by A40(m): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2008
redsun:

Some times we tend to think white people are from mars,they are just humans like us,even more frail,but their problems are not as basic as ours.Their problems right now are just mainly problems of defiance,challenging what is,drugs,achohol,broken homes,,adult like out of control children,serial killing,paedophilia,weird sexual orientation,depressions,strange illnesses and so on,but our problem are just problem of basic needs,unwarranted and nothing can justify a situation like that.Even the poshest areas in lagos ,like ikoyi and victoria island still can't compare with rubbish filled places in england.

No sane nigerian will ordinarily prefer england to nigeria,hell no,but for the madness at home.We will always remain second class citizens and unfulfilled in a whiteman's land,always taken for shelter seeking pests.

Living abroad is an eye opener,it shows you all the opportunities,endowments and obligations you have as an individual in your own country.
You made loads of sense there bro.I feel ya

Very very funny thread i have really really laughed my ass off at these pics and the comments but from humor we could learn a lesson that no amount of pics we post on here would reduce the number of people queuing for visas if we don't as a nation try to make life better for the common man
Re: Ugly Britain by busygirl(f): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2008
wow, this thread is really funny,it's obvious that no country is perfect. There's no big deal in england, but i love england for so many reasons particularly, because it is well organised. pretty much, every country has its own flaws but in naij, it's far too obvious starting from the greedy leaders to the helpless youths  that engage in scams. I just pray things change wink
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2008
femionasan:

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20081025273629 the link to the punch article.
Yaaay !! Fame at last !
Re: Ugly Britain by femionasan(m): 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2008
@ Pafun

I really hope it is not the fame u are after?
Re: Ugly Britain by gamechange(m): 12:13am On Oct 26, 2008
@Pafun

You are a true Nigerian, this is funny, witty and your style of delivery is on point. Keep it up.
Re: Ugly Britain by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:29am On Oct 26, 2008
A society is rated based on the size of its middle class.
I believe Nigeria's middle class is pretty much non-existent.
Re: Ugly Britain by Vieira(m): 2:14am On Oct 26, 2008
I would like to point out that I have spotted nothing less than 5 pixs that come from movies!

Your point would be better made with true real life pictures and not film pixs or even model pixs.(one of them is a famous model pix).
Re: Ugly Britain by kingbru(m): 3:37am On Oct 26, 2008
this all seems too bad to be true, but anything is possible
Re: Ugly Britain by iceland(m): 5:49am On Oct 26, 2008
Vieira:

I would like to point out that I have spotted nothing less than 5 pixs that come from movies!

Your point would be better made with true real life pictures and not film pixs or even model pixs.(one of them is a famous model pix).
Movies or no movies they are still coming from u.k
Re: Ugly Britain by honeric01(m): 6:47am On Oct 26, 2008
maybe we think it's only perfect humans that live in the western world
Re: Ugly Britain by reindeer: 6:57am On Oct 26, 2008
lovely thread.
i Just wonder why some people get angry that such things are being posted, i guess its those who believe Oyinbos are next to the gods.
Nigerians need to have a change of mentality especially concerning their own country, i have never seen a set of people who disrespect their own country like nigerians, on arrival from heathrow to lagos a few weeks ago, there were these 2 garrulous chaps who were wondering why they had to queue in nija as if they didnt queue in england and believe me those guys were uneducated(you could tell from the contents of their discussion) and were probably street sweeps in london.Making a few quids in london gives no one any right to disrespect nija.
Fact is, theres no heaven on earth,nija is trying and i know someday we'll get there so lets hype nija and also show these guys are not gods!
so poster great job!
keep it coming, im sure next time ill go around with a good cam to take some of those pictures too.
Re: Ugly Britain by bawomolo(m): 7:10am On Oct 26, 2008
why are nigerians in the UK catching feelings like this, are you being forced to defend the queen??
Re: Ugly Britain by salamander(m): 7:16am On Oct 26, 2008
I think the better option is how to sell a positive image of Nigeria to the outside world, rather than taking the reverse mode of 'Ugly Britain'

As I mentioned in the other thread, the current Nigeria Ambassador to Ghana is going just that. He had device means by which Nigeria will have a positive image. He has been organising business fora, interacting with the Ghanaian media, and I believed his method is working. I wish Nigeria government policy should be centered on that. Doing a negative story on Britain is not the best in my opinion.
Re: Ugly Britain by Thor(m): 7:22am On Oct 26, 2008
This whole thread can be summed up in one word: Jealousy undecided

Even 99% of the pictures that have been posted are from the USA

All countries have their problems, some more than others. Britain is a stable, fair and just democracy with a wonderful colorful history.

Britain and Nigeria have a past together, pity the Brits did not stay. Nigeria would be a far better place than it is today for sure lipsrsealed
Re: Ugly Britain by bawomolo(m): 7:27am On Oct 26, 2008
Thor:

Even 99% of the pictures that have been posted are from the USA

All countries have their problems, some more than others. Britain is a stable, fair and just democracy with a wonderful colorful history.

Britain and Nigeria have a past together, pity the Brits did not stay. Nigeria would be a far better place than it is today for sure lipsrsealed

huh wtf
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 26, 2008
To Joseph Adeyeye, the writer of that Punch article, if he's still here:
Are you a nairalander or just a guest?
Did you just bump into this thread while researching on your article, or you are a regular NL visitor/member?
The first sentence in that article(that NL is Nigeria's busiest online website) suggests you are not new to NL, but I want to know whether you are a member or just regular visitor!!!

I'm a regular punch reader/article writer, if I had not been a member of NL, that statement would have drawn my interest to NL, and I would have joined yesterday because I can't imagine myself not being part of Nigeria's busiest discussion forum
Re: Ugly Britain by sexyLeamon(f): 8:11am On Oct 26, 2008
Thor:

I don't think so I think the poster is just showing that white man home is not all that. poster well done am clapping for you.
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 26, 2008
Thor:

I also disagree. I think it's just an attempt to demystify the mentality by many Nigerians that life in UK and US is automatically rosy. Not a bad effort.
Re: Ugly Britain by Pataki: 9:35am On Oct 26, 2008
pafun:

Almost everywhere you turn na so so ashewo  prostitutes you go dey see

[url]http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Prostitutes_sell_sex_for_just_%A315&in_article_id=292579&in_page_id=34[/url]

Full sex for as low as £10  now is current deal. Soon the ting go become buy one get one free because country hard. Then go even fisi [dash you]  better shanker disease wey black man no dey get self for the rest of your life
I appreciate your sense of humor, but mixing graphic pictures that do not depict the full UK you are talking about only portrays that there is more to this issue raised by you other than the Ugly Side of Britain, which I can read to be lies or rather half-truth.

No where in the UK would you see cars with some of the plate number designs as shown in the quote above emanating from you. Please get your facts-pictures right. And again prostitutes are everywhere all over the world. In the Netherlands, prostitutes pay tax to the government so no country is totally devoid of them, while some countries see them as business and trust Nigerians to be active participants in such business and that last picture kind of looks like the typical red-light district room in the Netherlands. undecided lipsrsealed

While you are it, you may please view this link to read what a fellow Nigerian did in swiping off enormous amount of money from the UK and the supporting comments emanating from UK citizens. http://www.bnp.org.uk/2008/10/a-case-study-in-how-the-illegal-immigration-swindle-works/#comments

Cheers!
Re: Ugly Britain by Bastage: 10:09am On Oct 26, 2008
I would take the link with a pinch of salt.

It's BNP. A far right political party that most UK citizens find abhorrent.

Agreed that most of the photos here do not show the UK. What is the point of posting photographs of other countries and saying this is UK? It is lies and deceit.

I live in the UK. Of course it has it's downsides - every single country in the world does. But to say that it is decadent, violent or poverty stricken is utterly, utterly ridiculous. You only have to take a look at statistics when compared to other nations to see how advanced it is. That's not defending anyone, just a plain, cool, hard fact.

And a few photos of other countries do not prove otherwise. Even if you could post a few photos that show the UK, it still does not prove a thing.
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 26, 2008
Britain faces threat from radicalised Muslims for 30 years, says security minister http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/3235448/Britain-faces-threat-from-radicalised-Muslims-for-30-years-says-security-minister.html
http://www.bnp.org.uk/2008/01/islamists-try-to-hijack-holocaust-memorial-day/

This is an undated Metropolitan Police handout photo made available on Thursday Oct. 2, 2008 Shahra Marsh. Marsh who admits using bad checks to buy art and jewels worth some 2 million pounds (US$3.6 million) faces sentencing in London after pleading guilty on Wednesday Oct. 1, 2008 . http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26988441/wid/21370087/displaymode/1168/rstry/26987021/rpage/1/

Being black in Britain is bad for your mental health. There is an epidemic of psychotic illness in those of African and Caribbean origin, so why are we doing nothing to stop it?http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2007/apr/02/comment.health

OECD report attacks British failure to tackle corporate bribery and corruption http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/3215711/OECD-report-attacks-British-failure-to-tackle-corporate-bribery-and-corruption.html
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2008
na wa o grin
Re: Ugly Britain by willyspace(m): 11:54am On Oct 26, 2008
I bet you, those guys under the bridges of Lagos will gladly and hungrily trade places with those homeless blokes in ur pix. Did you see the homeless beggers with their kids in the pram? I bet North, South, East and West Nigeria, you can't find that. Better serve in Heaven, than reign in hell.
Re: Ugly Britain by Vieira(m): 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2008
iceland:

Movies or no movies they are still coming from UK

Huh? what kind of argument is that? So images from movies are now prove of how a place is?

Ok, then I should just post pictures of Star Trek and tell you that is how my home town looks!
Re: Ugly Britain by Vieira(m): 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2008
double post
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2008
Sorry I am late, I just arrived from church (puff)

@Vieira
@Thor

Even 99% of the pictures that have been posted are from the USA Huh

Which pictures; which movies ? what part of US ? Don't obfuscate the point sirs.

@ Pataki
No where in the UK would you see cars with some of the plate number designs as shown in the quote above emanating from you
I am completely convinced that you live nowhere near the UK

that last picture kind of looks like the typical red-light district room in the Netherlands.

chei this bros go don catch someting o!

@bawomolo
why are nigerians in the UK catching feelings like this, are you being forced to defend the queen??
Na fear say them go chase them (Oyinbo master I no dey among them o !). Na wa o !

grin grin

Finally this thread is only meant to amuse . Make all these Abelejayan people go get a life.
Re: Ugly Britain by RichyBlacK(m): 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2008
pafun:

Finally this thread is only meant to amuse . Make all these Abelejayan people go get a life.

Amuse?

@pafun, you're being dishonest! If it was just for amusement, then why try to make it sound/look like a serious photo-documentary?
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Amuse?

@pafun, you're being dishonest! If it was just for amusement, then why try to make it sound/look like a serious photo-documentary?

Point of correction sir ; you can't blame me if you chose to think like an illiterate. If you have read all the comments in this thread from the beginning you will not have arrived at such a misinformed conclusion. smiley
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2008
GUY DID DEY DENY U IMMIGARNT VISA that U R HATING ON THEM WEL J.D IS FUN WITH LOADZZ OF STUFF WE WOULDNT SEE IN NIG TILL 2099.why dnt u show us the ugly side of nig too.[can u believe that more than 8 policemen were standin in dis pix just lukin angry

Re: Ugly Britain by LadyT(f): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2008
Daft topic remove the log from your own eyes first.
Re: Ugly Britain by sexyLeamon(f): 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2008
babs2aroks:

why dnt u show us the ugly side of nig too
we see this every day in newspapers, on TV and even in school we are tried of it undecided
Re: Ugly Britain by pafun(m): 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2008
babs2aroks:

GUY DID DEY DENY U IMMIGARNT VISA that U R HATING ON THEM WEL J.D IS FUN WITH LOADZZ OF STUFF WE WOULDNT SEE IN NIG TILL 2099.why dnt u show us the ugly side of nig too.[can u believe that more than 8 policemen were standin in this pix just lukin angry

Another illiterate . The title of this thread is "Ugly Britain " Read it well well.
Go start your own "Ugly Nigeria" , and put your face as the first picture grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26)

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.