Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) (40343 Views)

My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday / My horible experience in the hand of Nigerian Police / Nasa Releases Pic Of The "Hand Of God". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Lexusgs430: 2:09am On Jun 30, 2014
New cars also develop one fault or the other from time to time, within its manufacturers warranty periods usually 3 - 7 years, let alone used vehicles.
If the dealer in question offers a 6 month warranty period and is willing to honour it, best to give him time to fix said issue.
Dealers do not store spare parts of preordered vehicles, and would have to order them when things inevitable go wrong.
Testing a car @ the point of purchase by the dealer or his agents for shorter periods and actually driving the car by the buyer for longer periods, are two scenarios which are exclusive. (buyer is more likely to pick more hidden faults).
we do not expect the dealer to put his life on hold, because a client has one or more issues.
Admittedly probably the dealer in question did not handle the matter appropriately, let's give him chance to make amend(s).
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by bimbor(m): 10:00am On Jun 30, 2014
obowunmi: A used car for 5.5 million? I'm still in shock.

Remain in shock oh.....
A used 2012 Fx35 costs 8M..!

You dey there dey talk of shock.
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Eyop: 10:07am On Jun 30, 2014
bimbor:

Remain in shock oh.....
A used 2012 Fx35 costs 8M..!

You dey there dey talk of shock.
cheesy grin you dey mind am?

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Dantedasz(m): 11:02am On Jun 30, 2014
Hmm.
Why do I feel a sense of deja vu about this thread?
@OP,I've got a feeling in my guts that this ain't gonna end with smiles and hand shakes.
Will be back in two weeks when the messy stuff hits the fan.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by android666: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2014
Dantedasz: Hmm.
Why do I feel a sense of deja vu about this thread?
@OP,I've got a feeling in my guts that this ain't gonna end with smiles and hand shakes.
Will be back in two weeks when the messy stuff hits the fan.
Hmmmm........

9 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
Fast Shipping:

Don't tell me or lie to me you paid N5.350m for 2010 FX 35. I would have got it 1M naira less.

I am not sure that is the best way to respond at all, here is a problem and people are trying to help to sort them out, coming to market on such thread is not the best thing . . . You could have got it 1M Naira cheaper when you have no idea what went on btw the 2 of them if you know your onions you would know that no 2 rides are 100% alike and same price . . .
Anyhow, i am sure Inspire will do the needful and take care of the gentleman

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by bimbor(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
Fhemmmy:

I am not sure that is the best way to respond at all, here is a problem and people are trying to help to sort them out, coming to market on such thread is not the best thing . . . You could have got it 1M Naira cheaper when you have no idea what went on btw the 2 of them if you know your onions you would know that no 2 rides are 100% alike and same price . . .
Anyhow, i am sure Inspire will do the needful and take care of the gentleman

Mr Fhemmmy well said.
I guess the nairaland attack did a lot of damage to your threads.....but I'm sure you will soon start rolling in new ones soonest. smiley
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Fhemmmy: 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
bimbor:

Mr Fhemmmy well said.
I guess the nairaland attack did a lot of damage to your threads.....but I'm sure you will soon start rolling in new ones soonest. smiley

A lot of our thread were deleted but we do understand that it could have happened to anyone, so we wish Seun and Nairaland a quick recovery from the disaster, i am sure they will be back stronger and better
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by ichakaobos(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
My take here is that the car shouldn't reach the owner in that condition and inspired knows better. He is on holidays but the owner is not holidaying with his 5m plus car. God de o.
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 01, 2014
bimbor:

Here we go again! #sighs

Here we go again with what?

What are you alleging? Please proceed carefully with your explanation.
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by jeremiahweep: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2014
TCD:
If a so called dealer does not value his customer who has entrusted his hard earned millions into his care in trust and chooses to treat them anyhow ignoring calls , missing deadlines , blatant lies and treating him like he is doing him a favour then I see no reason why you should bother saving whatever life investment of his.
you are not Jesus Christ. your concern should be safe guarding your hard earned money and ensuring you get your moneys worth, making sure he delivers on schedule as agreed.
Whenever they try to act funny after you had better come here and raise alarm so others will be warned and stay clear.
Sometimes I wonder if some of these dealers actually reason at all. you met a customer on Nairaland, common sense should let u know if you dont act right they will come online complain and damage your rep. Ordinarily that should be an incentive for you to make sure your customer is happy. you keep posting someone for 3 months, 3 frigging months. if I had impregnated a lady 3 months ago the belle for don dey big now, that's how long 3 months is. after spending 5 million plus, haba Ba kyau walahi.
this OP should have come to raise alarm sef from the first week when he saw nothing was being done, no point waiting 3 whole months. because its only when you disgrace them publicly that they sit up and take you seriously.

I very much agree with an earlier poster who said there are likely more people who have very sad stories to tell about their encounter & experiences but just decide to "let it pass" so as not to seem to tarnish the dealer's image.

Personally I have dealt with Inspired, and like other nairalanders, the high reputation he seems to have makes a lot of people go for his pre-order vehicles despite being at a higher cost. I think he's currently living on past glory cos his current customer communication skills is "zero" (same story of ignoring calls and he'll never call back despite seeing the numerous missed calls, wouldnt respond to e-mails, if by chance you finally get him by calling with another number, then he talks like he's doing you a favour despite the fact that you've paid 40% deposit and he has missed deadline by weeks.)

Apparently, what I feel is the 31days delivery he displays on his website is most times not realistic, everyone knows it takes a while to ship a car in from US and there could be unforseen issues from customs, but simply communicating the status with the customer would resolve the issue but instead, Inspired would become "incommunicado" for days or even weeks with no explanation whatsoever. We are all humans, promises can be broken but proper communication is key in business relationships.

In as much as Pre-ordering vehicles has its advantages (clean title, american spec etc), some negatives include the fact that, you have paid some % deposit and as a result, you can't pull out of the deal at will. If the vehicle looks or handles different from what you saw in pictures, you have no choice than to buy it. In short you are always at the mercy of the dealer and there is nothing you can do about it. On the other hand, for those who do physical purchase, you can change your mind about buying a car after seeing it and not liking it.

More importantly, I recently unravelled a new "well-thought of" scam used by a particular trusted car dealer to deceive customers (I won't mention his name yet). It is known that the only way you can prove that a car's Odometer has been rolled back is by checking the Carfax or Autocheck history. Fraudulent car dealers have gone to another level to ensure you never find out about the Odometer rollback even after checking the Carfax or Autocheck history.

This is a personal experience and I will open a new thread for it as its a "RED ALERT" and a front page material, I will include proof and correspondence with the dealer so that he's unable to deny it. I will also give information on how you can spot this kind of fraud.

Let's be very very careful with those we trust especially when money is involved.

17 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Eyop: 11:31am On Jul 08, 2014
jeremiahweep:

I very much agree with an earlier poster who said there are likely more people who have very sad stories to tell about their encounter & experiences but just decide to "let it pass" so as not to seem to tarnish the dealer's image.

Personally I have dealt with Inspired, and like other nairalanders, the high reputation he seems to have makes a lot of people go for his pre-order vehicles despite being at a higher cost. I think he's currently living on past glory cos his current customer communication skills is "zero" (same story of ignoring calls and he'll never call back despite seeing the numerous missed calls, wouldnt respond to e-mails, if by chance you finally get him by calling with another number, then he talks like he's doing you a favour despite the fact that you've paid 40% deposit and he has missed deadline by weeks.)

Apparently, what I feel is the 31days delivery he displays on his website is most times not realistic, everyone knows it takes a while to ship a car in from US and there could be unforseen issues from customs, but simply communicating the status with the customer would resolve the issue but instead, Inspired would become "incommunicado" for days or even weeks with no explanation whatsoever. We are all humans, promises can be broken but proper communication is key in business relationships.

In as much as Pre-ordering vehicles has its advantages (clean title, american spec etc), some negatives include the fact that, you have paid some % deposit and as a result, you can't pull out of the deal at will. If the vehicle looks or handles different from what you saw in pictures, you have no choice than to buy it. In short you are always at the mercy of the dealer and there is nothing you can do about it. On the other hand, for those who do physical purchase, you can change your mind about buying a car after seeing it and not liking it.

More importantly, I recently unravelled a new "well-thought of" scam used by a particular trusted car dealer to deceive customers (I won't mention his name yet). It is known that the only way you can prove that a car's Odometer has been rolled back is by checking the Carfax or Autocheck history. Fraudulent car dealers have gone to another level to ensure you never find out about the Odometer rollback even after checking the Carfax or Autocheck history.

This is a personal experience and I will open a new thread for it as its a "RED ALERT" and a front page material, I will include proof and correspondence with the dealer so that he's unable to deny it. I will also give information on how you can spot this kind of fraud.

Let's be very very careful with those we trust especially when money is involved.
Jeremiah nice post. I am interested at the bolded please create the thread and lets be informed biko
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 08, 2014
jeremiahweep:

Don dey follow you.... Abegi post the true life story

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by ZACHIE: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
2weeks never nack?

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by chelseabmw(m): 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
ZACHIE: 2weeks never nack?

No...... 13th of this month will make it 2weeks

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Edunwa302(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
seriously dt car sweet but that sickness it has is really annoying considering the yr of the car.......suspect d car has been tampered before arrival
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by aieromon(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
jeremiahweep:

This will be a very educative exposure if true....
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Why is this post no longer on the front page of auto section.
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by equlibrium(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2014
Plz oh! Abeg, aint it two "weaks" yet?
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by papiroza: 7:21am On Jul 13, 2014
chelseabmw:

No...... 13th of this month will make it 2weeks

Today makes it two weeks. It looks long, but it's finally here. Chelseabmw, inspiredm, and betalyf, what's the update?
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 13, 2014
Two weeks time up...someone's credibility about to be determined.....chelseabmw don't I repeat don't hide my comments on this thread Nairaland can't be turned into other dubious fora.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 13, 2014
jeremiahweep:

you can also bring 'exposing thread' to cartalk to enlighten folks there.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by bimbor(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2014
chibabe3: Why is this post no longer on the front page of auto section.

It was never stickied.
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by bimbor(m): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2014
jeremiahweep:

That will be an informative thread. Please put it up soonest if you haven't done so yet. This is the kind of stories the Auto section needs. And we promise you to land it on Front page soon as it is dropped here.

Cheers.
Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by fyneboi79(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2014
Lexusgs430: New cars also develop one fault or the other from time to time, within its manufacturers warranty periods usually 3 - 7 years, let alone used vehicles.
If the dealer in question offers a 6 month warranty period and is willing to honour it, best to give him time to fix said issue.
Dealers do not store spare parts of preordered vehicles, and would have to order them when things inevitable go wrong.
Testing a car @ the point of purchase by the dealer or his agents for shorter periods and actually driving the car by the buyer for longer periods, are two scenarios which are exclusive. (buyer is more likely to pick more hidden faults).
we do not expect the dealer to put his life on hold, because a client has one or more issues.
Admittedly probably the dealer in question did not handle the matter appropriately, let's give him chance to make amend(s).
Mr man ‎u are talking trash here!So d said vehicle decided to develop faults while being shipped to Nigeria? A vehicle which did not function well on delivery was faulty right from d point of purchase all because he paid lower than he charged d client. There is no middle line between honesty and dishonesty. One is either upright or a thief. And Inspired is d latter.

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by Lexusgs430: 10:24am On Jul 13, 2014
fyneboi79: Mr man ‎u are talking trash here!So d said vehicle decided to develop faults while being shipped to Nigeria? A vehicle which did not function well on delivery was faulty right from d point of purchase all because he paid lower than he charged d client. There is no middle line between honesty and dishonesty. One is either upright or a thief. And Inspired is d latter.

If difficulty understanding my post is your problem, ask for a simplified version!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) by fyneboi79(m): 10:38am On Jul 13, 2014
Lexusgs430:

If difficulty understanding my post is your problem, ask for a simplified version!!!!
what's there to be understood about ur post ‎u r saying Inspired was not aware of d faults and I am of d opinion that he is aware of d fault.if he decides to toe ur line of argument ,then it means he is a very unreliable dealer who does not know what to look out for in a purchase deal.
The complainant said d vehicle arrived with the said faults while he examined d vehicle. When he now decided to call d culprit,he doesn't pick his calls and won't reply e-mails.Go back to d top and read d complainants post.

So what is ur argument here

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26)

Indian Snake Charmer Escapes Death As Deadly Python Nearly Strangled Him (Photo) / A Collection Of Extremely Funny Comments On Nairaland (Screenshots) / Horse Rider In Accident In Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.