Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:59 AM

I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! (7333 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Kay17: 9:51am On Jul 04, 2014
@davidlyan

You believe miracles are necessary only wherein there are no other alternatives, right?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 9:54am On Jul 04, 2014
malvisguy212: I have not fallen sick since 1995, why because I ask God to protect me , and he did, do you think it is possible for my body to be health since 19955? Am I difference from other people? What is the power behind my health?

You say , for the past 15yrs you have not falling sick? As a man with scientific knowledge, is it possible for you to stay for 15yrs without sickness or taken drugs? [i stand to be corrected] if yes , then I believe it is magic.

You say many christian are in hospital, yes you are right, jesus say this word to his disciples and brothers"o ye of little faith" this statement mean that a sinner can have faith bt not as the believer's.

I repeat, I have not fallen sick for 15 years, never been admitted, never spent a day lying all day at home for 15 years. I have had slight headaches and have taken some drugs of which i felt better after just a few hours. . .sometimes i just sleep wake up and the headache is gone. . .Christians that have more faith than you are dying by the millions all over the world due to one sickness or the other, stop telling lies. . .Those with greater faith than you are down with many different types of disease as am typing, so enough of your silly talk. . .
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by malvisguy212: 10:03am On Jul 04, 2014
mazaje:

I repeat, I have not fallen sick for 15 years, never been admitted, never spent a day lying all day at home for 15 years. I have had slight headaches and have taken some drugs of which i felt better after just a few hours. . .sometimes i just sleep wake up and the headache is gone. . .Christians that have more faith than you are dying by the millions all over the world due to one sickness or the other, stop telling lies. . .Those with greater faith than you are down with many different types of disease as am typing, so enough of your silly talk. . .
I did not doubt you, doubting you is like doubting the power of the devil. Thank you for your time, mr atheist.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2014
malvisguy212: I did not doubt you, doubting you is like doubting the power of the devil. Thank you for your time, mr atheist.

Devil?. . What's that?. . .Describe the devil for me so that when i come in contact with it i will know it. . .

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Weah96: 11:21am On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

this is getting silly. I wasnt channeling anything besides making an analogy. If by healing the sick you claim that Christ was advocating no use of a hospital then does that mean that by multiplying food He must have been advocating no buying of food or cooking ever again? I mean dont you see how completely obtuse that argument is?

No. It's not an obtuse argument. You should buy one loaf of bread and multiply it until the original loaf spoils, and then buy another one. There is nothing impossible for your God, right? We have it on record.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 04, 2014
Weah96:

No. It's not an obtuse argument. You should buy one loaf of bread and multiply it until the original loaf spoils, and then buy another one. There is nothing impossible for your God, right? We have it on record.

When you run out of rational arguments, you resort to ad hominems and complete bizarre claims. Enjoy.

As i said to someone earlier, if you dont believe in God then why waste a second of your time reading about him obsessively? I wouldnt waste my time with fairies either. You should do the same... except of course if you've got underlying issues you're unable to admit to.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

When you run out of rational arguments, you resort to ad hominems and complete bizarre claims. Enjoy.

As i said to someone earlier, if you dont believe in God then why waste a second of your time reading about him obsessively? I wouldnt waste my time with fairies either. You should do the same... except of course if you've got underlying issues you're unable to admit to.

This is the problem i have with you people, you guys go about claiming that there is this god that loves you, guides you and protects you because you are special and have a special relationship with him, but when shown that your life is no different from that of any body else despite your bogus claims you try to change the matter by stating utter nonsense like why are you bothered about god?. .

.When christians talk to each other you hear them say things like we worship and serve an awesome god that can do all things. . .There is nothing that he can not do. . . There is no sickness he can not cure once you believe in him bla bla bla, but when atheist tell christians that there are many things their god can not do and many illnesses he can not cure(No god can heal an amputee and restore his/her amputated limbs back, no god can cure a baby born with down syndrome for example) the christian begins to talk trash and try to divert the discussion to another emotional nonsense talk like "why are you bothered about a god that does not exist"?. . "Is it because your conciseness pricks you?". . .No, no conscience of ours pricks us, we just want to follow the bogus claims you make all the time to the very end to see if its actually true or not. . .When christians talk to each other they keep lying to each other all the time, when atheist meet them and challenge the lies they keep telling each other, then they begin to cry. . .Deluded people. . .

3 Likes

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 11:52am On Jul 04, 2014
Weah96:

you asked a very valid question, but as usual he has started crying. . .
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2014
mazaje:

This is the problem i have with you people, you guys go about claiming that there is this god that loves you, guides you and protects you because you are special and have a special relationship with him, but when shown that your life is no different from that of any body else despite your bogus claims you try to change the matter by stating utter nonsense like why are you bothered about god?. .

.When christians talk to each other you hear them say things like we worship and serve an awesome god that can do all things. . .There is nothing that he can not do. . . There is no sickness he can not cure once you believe in him bla bla bla, but when atheist tell christians that there are many things their god can not do and many illnesses he can not cure(No god can heal an amputee and restore his/her amputated limbs back, no god can cure a baby born with down syndrome for example) the christian begins to talk trash and try to divert the discussion to another emotional nonsense talk like "why are you bothered about a god that does not exist"?. . "Is it because your conciseness pricks you?". . .No, no conscience of ours pricks us, we just want to follow the bogus claims you make all the time to the very end to see if its actually true or not. . .When christians talk to each other they keep lying to each other all the time, when atheist meet them and challenge the lies they keep telling each other, then they begin to cry. . .Deluded people. . .

the point i have always struggled to understand is this - why do you bother? You seem to be so bitter about this God who is of no consequence to you. Enjoy.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by PastorAIO: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

the point i have always struggled to understand is this - why do you bother? You seem to be so bitter about this God who is of no consequence to you. Enjoy.

I believe the issue of why they bother is an historical and political one. It is a subject worthy of it's own thread and I would like to start it and proffer my thoughts. Ultimately I think the reasons for it are not harmful to christians.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

Another nonsense. . .When does inquiry equate to bitterness?. . .

Christian: My god is the greatest miracle worker, there is nothing he can not do. . .He is the best of the best, nothing is impossible for him. .

Atheist: Your god can not heal an amputee and restore the amputees limbs, your god can not heal a baby born with down syndrome. .

Christian: Why are you waging a war against god?. . .Why are you angry with god?. . .Why are you bitter?. . .Why?. . .Why do you want to live a sinful life?. .

Atheist: grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
Pastor AIO:

I believe the issue of why they bother is an historical and political one. It is a subject worthy of it's own thread and I would like to start it and proffer my thoughts. Ultimately I think the reasons for it are not harmful to christians.

Agreed that it is not. It just seems to puzzle me why people who claim not to care about God, seem to evince such visceral hatred and a predilection for wasting years of their lives caterwauling about Him.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

Agreed that it is not. It just seems to puzzle me why people who claim not to care about God, seem to evince such visceral hatred and a predilection for wasting years of their lives caterwauling about Him.

The day you will show us a god maybe we will begin to hate it from then. . .But for now all we do is challenge the deeply held ideas you have been indoctrinated with. . .If that is what you call hating god then so be it. . .
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by highmey(m): 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2014
mazaje:

@Bold... very true bro!

I have argued this number of times i cant even remember!

Take a look at this scenario: I and a friend of mine had a discussion on religion, and he claimed he HEARS from god directly and want's to prove to me how god has been working in his life. (I respect people's opinion, so i didn't argue much with him). But one sad thing about this friend of mine is, His mom is very ill. Because of the ailment, they had to take her to India for treatment, when she came back to Nigeria, it started again. This time, she was taken to LUTH, now she's in a private hospital. Since he claimed to have a very good relationship with god, can't he ask god to help his mom? Nah!

Similar thing with my aunt; cause of her belief in a god and Jesus, she refused to take drugs to suppress and with time overcome her sickness... This sickness really troubled her. Even, when she was in MFM prayer city, she had an attack (the sickness occurred)... Now, no one has taught her to use her drugs adequately and visit the hospital as scheduled by her Doctor... and so on!

I'm not trying to mock anyone here (cos i know what this people are going through or went through). Just that, people should face reality and take necessary measures.

And if anyone feels or believe he/she can get cured by drinking what they call holy water, anointing oil or going to the mountains to pray... well, na the person sabi oooo!

Cheers!
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
highmey:

@Bold... very true bro!

Take a look at this scenario: I and a friend of mine had a discussion on religion, and he claimed he HEARS from god directly and want's to prove to me how god has been working in his life. (I respect people's opinion, so i didn't argue much with him). But one sad thing about this friend of mine is, His mom is very ill. Because of the ailment, they had to take her to India for treatment, when she came back to Nigeria, it started again. This time, she was taken to LUTH, now she's in a private hospital. Since he claimed to have a very good relationship with god, can't he ask god to help his mom? Nah!

Similar thing with my aunt; cause of her belief in a god and Jesus, she refused to take drugs to suppress and with time overcome her sickness... This sickness really troubled her. Even, when she was in MFM prayer city, she had an attack (the sickness occurred)... Now, no one has taught her to use her drugs adequately and visit the hospital as scheduled by her Doctor... and so on!

I'm not trying to mock anyone here (cos i know what this people are going through or went through). Just that, people should face reality and take necessary measures.

And if anyone feels or believe he/she can get cured by drinking what they call holy water, anointing oil or going to the mountains to pray... well, na the person sabi oooo!

Cheers!

I am just tired of their lies, when they are with each other, they just keep lying to themselves and uttering silly statements that have no basis in reality. . When talking to each other you will hear them say things like"Is it not my god? There is nothing he can not do". .and other of such nonsense statements, when an atheist points out to something which they truly know that this god of theirs can never do, despite all their endless and baseless claims they begin to say things like you are angry and bitter. . .Everything is just emotional to them. . .They don't believe because their beliefs are true, they only believe because they are emotionally attached to their beliefs, that is why they always give emotional answers to simple things. . .

They just keep making things and LYING all the time. . .A christian will sit down and tell you that he communicates with god, some will tell you that they talk to god and god talks back to them, when you ask them to describe god's voice they will start crying and be asking you why you are angry or bitter . . .what the hell is that?. . .I repeat they don't believe because its true or because their beliefs agree with the reality they see around them, they just believe because they are emotionally attached to their beliefs that is why they keep making things up all the time and reinventing or adding meanings to everything. . .

3 Likes

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by malvisguy212: 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
mazaje:

Devil?. . What's that?. . .Describe the devil for me so that when i come in contact with it i will know it. . .
devil is an slowpoke , a foolish being, if a foolish being can desive a man claim to be wise, who is more foolish? That why psalm 14:1 say ,"the fool say there is no God".
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
mazaje:

So the verse in James 5:14-16 is falsehood?. . Some one quotes what the bible recommends for sick christians and this deluded one is saying that the person is spreading falsehoods.The thing is you know the reality and the reality is what is written inside James 5:14-16 is pure nonsense, you will never try it yourself, if you get infected with a serious illness like cancer today the hospital is where you will run to, you will never go to the church and try what the bible recommended in James 5:14-16 because you KNOW it is pure nonsense. . .

Does James say to go to church?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
Kay 17: @davidlyan

You believe miracles are necessary only wherein there are no other alternatives, right?

huh? Where did you get this from?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by iamord(m): 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

been following your comments.. I could not help but to shake my head.. Now this is the escape route u using.. You got it twisted! God save us from religious hogwash!

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by iamord(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
highmey:

@Bold... very true bro!

Cheers!
lol u r. Aalso speaking from my own point of view.. If u hear my own experience hen!! I have been through all this shit ..thank God am out.. Now in dbanjs voice am like “please don't tell me nonsense” cos 90 percent of the masses are brainwashed and if u don't want to be they consider u blind . Lol
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
iam_ord: been following your comments.. I could not help but to shake my head.. Now this is the escape route u using.. You got it twisted! God save us from religious hogwash!

You could simply answer this prayer yourself by removing yourself from threads that discuss religion. Very simple.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by iamord(m): 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

You could simply answer this prayer yourself by removing yourself from threads that discuss religion. Very simple.
u can't tell me that..I see somthing interesting to me I can read and comment.. U also have the right to do so.. So u can't hold me from that.. But I will clear u when I no gbadun.. U r not ready to learn from anybodys point .. Its yours and yours only
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
iam_ord: u can't tell me that..I see somthing interesting to me I can read and comment.. U also have the right to do so.. So u can't hold me from that.. But I will clear u when I no gbadun.. U r not ready to learn from anybodys point .. Its yours and yours only

The problem is that you have no point, other than going round and round in incomprehensible circles repeating the same tired speculations and bizarre accusations that have no merit.

No one asks you not to read what you want to read... i just wonder why you bother at all when of course you constantly caterwaul about how God does not exist. But of course... you should enjoy.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by iamord(m): 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

The problem is that you have no point, other than going round and round in incomprehensible circles repeating the same tired speculations and bizarre accusations that have no merit.

No one asks you not to read what you want to read... i just wonder why you bother at all when of course you constantly caterwaul about how God does not exist. But of course... you should enjoy.
u see u don't understand the person u talking to.. I believe there is a god.. But a lot of things u mention are shows a great level of hogwash.. That's what am trying to addresse.. I am not pissed off in any way but speaking my mind..
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
iam_ord: u see u don't understand the person u talking to.. I believe there is a god.. But a lot of things u mention are shows a great level of hogwash.. That's what am trying to addresse.. I am not pissed off in any way but speaking my mind..

I dislike being the grammar police but please learn to spell and construct proper grammar.

Secondly if you think much of what i've said is hogwash, then i expect that you specifically point them out instead of the incomprehensible general ad hominems you've been throwing around.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
malvisguy212: devil is an slowpoke , a foolish being, if a foolish being can desive a man claim to be wise, who is more foolish? That why psalm 14:1 say ,"the fool say there is no God".

You haven't said anything, just describe how the devil looks so that when i come in contact with it i will know it. . .
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

I dislike being the grammar police but please learn to spell and construct proper grammar.

Secondly if you think much of what i've said is hogwash, then i expect that you specifically point them out instead of the incomprehensible general ad hominems you've been throwing around.

you should be a boxer

I mean....the way you duck and dodge attacks.....
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

you should be a boxer

I mean....the way you duck and dodge attacks.....

i'm not sure what you think i dodged. Its not like there was much to respond to... i'm also glad you call most of the posts what they truly are... attacks... mostly illogical, devoid of any shred of common sense and objectivity.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
davidylan:

i'm not sure what you think i dodged. Its not like there was much to respond to... i'm also glad you call most of the posts what they truly are... attacks... mostly illogical, devoid of any shred of common sense and objectivity.

As usual, i expected reetarded replies from you.

An attack can be precise and rational. The atheists here are attacking the claims about miracles in the bible (and God) and you are ducking left and right.

Your bible clearly talks about spiritual healing which educated christians like you avoid like a leper. Educated christians rush to clinics but the slowpoke rush to pastors for faith healing
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by malvisguy212: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2014
mazaje:

You haven't said anything, just describe how the devil looks so that when i come in contact with it i will know it. . .
describe something you don't believe in? Is like you got nothing to do than just fooling around. Thank you for your time.
Peace
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
malvisguy212: describe something you don't believe in? Is like you got nothing to do than just fooling around. Thank you for your time.
Peace

The devil is a being that exist, you can surely describe it for me so that i can know it when i come in contact with it. . .Or are you making things up as always?. . .On the other thread one guy said god speaks to him and i asked him to describe god's voice, he like you made some silly comments and ran away. . .Why do you guys like making things up?. . .This is not some sunday school where you just make things up and tell lil kinds and expect them to just accept and believe. . .
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
The.Big.Urban:

As usual, i expected reetarded replies from you.

An attack can be precise and rational. The atheists here are attacking the claims about miracles in the bible (and God) and you are ducking left and right.

Your bible clearly talks about spiritual healing which educated christians like you avoid like a leper. Educated christians rush to clinics but the slowpoke rush to pastors for faith healing

I see a lot of insults up here and nothing that moves the discussion forward. All though i'd have been surprised if it comprised of anything else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Was Not Created Black; Man Turned Black Due To Punishment And Suffering / Why Even Bother With These Atheists? / Absolutely Shocking News About the NIV Bible! All Must Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.