Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,049 members, 7,825,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! (7225 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
Image123:

Yes. He's even asking you to repent oh.

Why can't god personally tell him to repent if he wants him to repent?. . .
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
mazaje:

Why can't god personally tell him to repent if he wants him to repent?. . .

His Word does that, remember?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Kay17: 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
Image123:

Yes. i doubt you know what you ask though.

I know what I asked. Apparently from what you have said, God makes the decision of what action is to be made not us mortals. Incidentally we merely extend and further our faith by obeying God. At the end of the day, "faith without works" makes no sense.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Weah96: 12:10am On Jul 13, 2014
Image123:

Yes. He's even asking you to repent oh.

Well, we have managed to establish a direct line of communication with the creator. Before the CIA swoop in and whisk you away for some thorough interrogation, is it possible to authenticate the message? Just to make sure that you're not lying about having a chat with him and all. Ask him to provide the last 4 digits of my social security number followed by the street number of the address that I am located as I type this.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 1:09am On Jul 13, 2014
Weah96:

Well, we have managed to establish a direct line of communication with the creator. Before the CIA swoop in and whisk you away for some thorough interrogation, is it possible to authenticate the message? Just to make sure that you're not lying about having a chat with him and all. Ask him to provide the last 4 digits of my social security number followed by the street number of the address that I am located as I type this.

duh, can you afford to stop thinking in 1-D?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 1:14am On Jul 13, 2014
Kay17:

I know what I asked. Apparently from what you have said, God makes the decision of what action is to be made not us mortals. Incidentally we merely extend and further our faith by obeying God. At the end of the day, "faith without works" makes no sense.

You're stating the obvious, take a pat on that back of yours. The Word of God is all about telling us all what to do. We then obey in faith. Faith without works is worse than senseless, the Bible says it's dead.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Weah96: 1:24am On Jul 13, 2014
Image123:

duh, can you afford to stop thinking in 1-D?

Explain. What are you talking about?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Kay17: 8:35am On Jul 13, 2014
Image123:

You're stating the obvious, take a pat on that back of yours. The Word of God is all about telling us all what to do. We then obey in faith. Faith without works is worse than senseless, the Bible says it's dead.

BUT the action to take is not the Christian's choice (as you have said God commands the action) yet the Faith is. Obeying divine commands is the evidence for Faith.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
Kay17:

BUT the action to take is not the Christian's choice (as you have said God commands the action) yet the Faith is. Obeying divine commands is the evidence for Faith.

Can you be more specific, please.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
Weah96:

Explain. What are you talking about?
Ask anyone around you to explain following the train of thought.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Weah96: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
Image123:
Ask anyone around you to explain following the train of thought.

It's your train of thought and if you
refuse to elaborate, I wouldn't bother asking anyone else.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by texanomaly(f): 8:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Kay17:

Half the time I don't know what to make of you. I can't figure you out to save my life. undecided It's exasperating to no end.... angry

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by alexleo(m): 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
mazaje:

So the verse in James 5:14-16 is falsehood?. . Some one quotes what the bible recommends for sick christians and this deluded one is saying that the person is spreading falsehoods.The thing is you know the reality and the reality is what is written inside James 5:14-16 is pure nonsense, you will never try it yourself, if you get infected with a serious illness like cancer today the hospital is where you will run to, you will never go to the church and try what the bible recommended in James 5:14-16 because you KNOW it is pure nonsense. . .

Come to my church and you will see thousands of people who dont go to hospital or seek medication. They rely in prayer and get healed. My parents are living witnesses of this too. My parents have been in our church for over fifty years and they have been living their lives relying on prayers alone for their healing and its been working for them. They are alive and still strong and above seventy years so dont talk as if James 5;14 does not work. My sisters too dont go to hospital. I ve not gone to hospital for treatment, its a few times that i get sick and take drugs in recent times. Ordinarily i rely on prayers(as my parents taught me) alone and i dont condemn those who go to hospital. its not a sin. The story of the good samaritan tells you that medication is not against God's will. If it is, then Jesus wouldnt have commended the man.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
alexleo:

Come to my church and you will see thousands of people who dont go to hospital or seek medication. They rely in prayer and get healed. My parents are living witnesses of this too. My parents have been in our church for over fifty years and they have been living their lives relying on prayers alone for their healing and its been working for them. They are alive and still strong and above seventy years so dont talk as if James 5;14 does not work. My sisters too dont go to hospital. I ve not gone to hospital for treatment, its a few times that i get sick and take drugs in recent times. Ordinarily i rely on prayers(as my parents taught me) alone and i dont condemn those who go to hospital. its not a sin. The story of the good samaritan tells you that medication is not against God's will. If it is, then Jesus wouldnt have commended the man.

lol......only in Nigeria. In the UK or USA, if your church is caught doing this.....some church leaders would find themselves in prison
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol......only in Nigeria. In the UK or USA, if your church is caught doing this.....some church leaders would find themselves in prison

duh, Apostolic Faith is in UK and USA, that's what their members do largely. JW don't collect blood or something, they don't go to prison for it. Stop deceiving yourself alone.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Image123:

duh, Apostolic Faith is in UK and USA, that's what their members do largely. JW don't collect blood or something, they don't go to prison for it. Stop deceiving yourself alone.

lol.........you think? Please send me the address of your church. I want to make an anonymous report on them. grin grin

In some countries, including Canada and the UK, a parent or guardian's decision can be legally overruled by medical staff. In this case, medical staff may act without consent, by obtaining a court order in a non-emergency situation, or without such an order in an emergency.[35][36] In Japan, a doctor must respect the wish of an adult but can override the wishes of a child and its parents if the child is under 15. If a child is aged 15 to 17, a doctor will not perform a transfusion if the parents and the child refuse the transfusion. If a child aged from 15 to 17 objects to a transfusion but the parents demand the transfusion, then a doctor can override the child's wish.[citation needed] In the United States, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that in cases of "an imminent threat to a child's life", physicians in some cases may "intervene over parental objections".[37]
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 12:51am On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol.........you think? Please send me the address of your church. I want to make an anonymous report on them. grin grin

You forgot the prison part?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 1:03am On Jul 14, 2014
Image123:

You forgot the prison part?

lol...that is the point.....the report should get an investigation and then some arrests
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by texanomaly(f): 1:35am On Jul 14, 2014
Image123:

He's actually right about the US. Most people think the law requires that all children attending public school must have had all recommended vaccines before entering school and must provide documentation to prove it. This is not true. There is no federal law mandating vaccine exemptions. They are left up to individual states. Every state has at least one kind of law governing it. Some have two or even three. All 50 states have a medical exemption. All states except Mississippi and West Virginia have religious exemptions. And 18 have philosophical exemptions.

This is a site that advocates for children’s rights to receive medical care. They are especially opposed to religious exemption from child health and safety laws. You might find it enlightening. It highlights religious Exemptions from preventive and diagnostic measures, Exemptions from providing MEDICAL care for sick children.

http://childrenshealthcare.org/?page_id=24

You might find this interesting:

Federal POLICY

In response to Christian Science church lobbying, the federal GOVERNMENT began requiring states to enact religious exemptions from child abuse and neglect charges in 1974. CHILD founders Rita and Douglas Swan lobbied for several years against this regulation. The federal government rescinded it in 1983.

In 1996, however, Congress enacted a law stating that the federal Child Abuse PREVENTION and Treatment Act (CAPTA) did not include “a Federal requirement that a parent or guardian provide a child any medical service or treatment against the religious beliefs of the parent or guardian.” 42 USC 5106i Furthermore, Sen. Dan Coats, R-Indiana, and Congressman Bill Goodling, R-Pennsylvania, claimed during floor discussion that parents have a First Amendment right to withhold MEDICAL care from children.
CHILD Inc. believes the present law discriminates against a class of children and endangers them. CAPTA mandates that states in the grant program have laws requiring parents to provide needed medical CARE for their children, but simultaneously allows those states to give parents in faith-healing sects the right to withhold all medical treatment from children.

In January, 1997, within a month after the religious exemption was added to CAPTA, the Christian Science church got HB1104 introduced in Maryland that exempted believers in spiritual healing from all civil and criminal charges regardless of the harm to the child, using language taken verbatim from the new federal law. HB1104 was defeated. Also in 1997, Oregon enacted a religious defense to first- and second-degree manslaughter. In 1998, Washington enacted the following defense to criminal mistreatment: “It is the intent of the legislature that a person who, in good faith, is furnished Christian Science treatment by a duly accredited Christian Science practitioner in lieu of medical care is not considered deprived of medically necessary HEALTH CARE or abandoned.” RCW 9A.42.005. Washington has made prayer “medically necessary health care” for all diseases of helpless children.

In 2003 CAPTA was reauthorized with no change to the religious exemptions although several organizations called upon Congress to remove the exemption, including the United Methodist Church, National Association of Medical Examiners, Justice for Children, and the National Child Abuse Coalition, which consists of about thirty national organizations working to PREVENT child abuse.

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 1:46am On Jul 14, 2014
^^^

What it the name of God is happening?

People are fighting to make sure that parents can refuse to give children medical treatment through religious exemptions?

Wow....this is what christianty has become? A child killing religion?

Just when churches were impressing me with their charity and anti-bullying outreach

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by texanomaly(f): 1:51am On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2: ^^^

People are fighting to make sure that parents can refuse to give children medical treatment through religious exemptions?

Just when churches were impressing me with their charity and anti-bullying outreach

I have no problem with religion, as long as it is tempered with some common sense. smh
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 1:55am On Jul 14, 2014
texanomaly:

I have no problem with religion, as long as it is tempered with some common sense. smh

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2: ^^^

try and read carefully... christian science is a cult.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 2:38am On Jul 14, 2014
davidylan:

try and read carefully... christian science is a cult.

how are they different from Jehovah witness and other fundamental christians?

Then these too are cults
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

how are they different from Jehovah witness and other fundamental christians?

Then these too are cults

as you say.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by alexleo(m): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You people were talking as if James 5:14 doesn't work so I had to show you that it works. Now you are talking about prison. The truth of the bible keeps staring you in the face but rather than accept it you always look for an excuse.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
alexleo:

You people were talking as if James 5:14 doesn't work so I had to show you that it works. Now you are talking about prison. The truth of the bible keeps staring you in the face but rather than accept it you always look for an excuse.

grin grin grin

Do you live in the USA?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by mazaje(m): 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2014
alexleo:

Forget all these things you are saying, we are all Nigerians and we all know the REALITY of what is happening in Nigeria. . .I have seen friends, relatives of friends, neighbors who were christians lose their lives after going to chruch to be prayed upon by elders. . .Some of them were too poor to go to the hospital, so once they fell sick the church was the only place they could go to. . .Most ended up dead. . .You can pray and take medication and get well. . .You can not rely on prayer alone and get well when suffering from a terminal disease. . . .
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol...that is the point.....the report should get an investigation and then some arrests
Now that expression "for your mind" is appropriate.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
texanomaly:

He's actually right about the US. Most people think the law requires that all children attending public school must have had all recommended vaccines before entering school and must provide documentation to prove it. This is not true. There is no federal law mandating vaccine exemptions. They are left up to individual states. Every state has at least one kind of law governing it. Some have two or even three. All 50 states have a medical exemption. All states except Mississippi and West Virginia have religious exemptions. And 18 have philosophical exemptions.

This is a site that advocates for children’s rights to receive medical care. They are especially opposed to religious exemption from child health and safety laws. You might find it enlightening. It highlights religious Exemptions from preventive and diagnostic measures, Exemptions from providing MEDICAL care for sick children.

http://childrenshealthcare.org/?page_id=24

Thanks for the link. Yesterday 10pm, alexeo quoted mazaje who was saying that James 5 is nonsensical and cannot be practiced by Alex.

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Alexeo went a notch higher to state that there are many people who don't even do hospitals. That is very true, not every sickness gets to the hospital, it's still the prerogative and will of the sick person to decide whether they go to hospital or not. One can have issues and pray and it's solved. i put it that it's common knowledge that many members of Apostolic Faith church don't rely on medicine. BTW, any believer anywhere can be sick and pray, you don't go to prison for that. AGAIN, i have not said, neither has the bible said you can't/shouldn't go to hospital. However, praying for healing is notonly done in Nigeria, they do it also in the US and U.K.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
Image123:

Thanks for the link. Yesterday 10pm, alexeo quoted mazaje who was saying that James 5 is nonsensical and cannot be practiced by Alex.

James 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Alexeo went a notch higher to state that there are many people who don't even do hospitals. That is very true, not every sickness gets to the hospital, it's still the prerogative and will of the sick person to decide whether they go to hospital or not. One can have issues and pray and it's solved. i put it that it's common knowledge that many members of Apostolic Faith church don't rely on medicine. BTW, any believer anywhere can be sick and pray, you don't go to prison for that. AGAIN, i have not said, neither has the bible said you can't/shouldn't go to hospital. However, praying for healing is notonly done in Nigeria, they do it also in the US and U.K.

If a pastor advices a member who has AIDS or Diabetes to stop medication in favour of faith healing, such a pastor will go to jail in the UK
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by alexleo(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
mazaje:

Forget all these things you are saying, we are all Nigerians and we all know the REALITY of what is happening in Nigeria. . .I have seen friends, relatives of friends, neighbors who were christians lose their lives after going to chruch to be prayed upon by elders. . .

I ve seen friends, relatives, neighbours etc die in hospitals after all the treatment by a team of medical doctors. Dont people die in hospitals in hundreds and thousands across the globe? Even in the best of hospitals. So what are you saying?

mazaje: Some of them were too poor to go to the hospital, so once they fell sick the church was the only place they could go to. . .

The ones I'm talking about in my church are not sticking to prayers alone because of poverty. They are not poor. By the grace of God my parents are not near poverty by all standards if you know them, yet they dont. Yours truly is not near poverty by the grace of God yet i ve not been to hospital for treatment and most times i stick only to prayers like my parents.

mazaje:
You can not rely on prayer alone and get well when suffering from a terminal disease. . . .

And I'm telling you that its happening in my church and they are getting healed miraculously.(pls note that going to hospital is not a sin and I'm not against it).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet T.b Joshua Prophecy For 2016 / Angry With God Becos He Created Hellfire? / Word On Sunday Thread Removed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.