Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678636 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by HABRUZZY(m): 7:38am On Jul 21, 2014
VisaOfficer:

The person can be interviewed in the country of residence. From your description it sounds like the person's education all happened here in Nigeria, so our officers would be able to evaluate him fairly. The problem will come in when people who are born and raised somewhere else want to be interviewed here, but all their documents and history are from that other country. Those people will likely have a better interview in the other country than they would here. We understand the Nigerian educational system pretty well, but it's harder for us to evaluate information from other countries. And, since the burden of proof is always on the applicant, they may not receive visas if they can't convince the officer that they're educationally or professionally qualified.
true talk that has been bordering me a lot taught maybe that's why have been disqualified the past 2 years all documents concerning my education are complete but I guess I might choose my country as my country of residence.but do they over there understand Nigeria educational system well too?confused a bit
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 8:33am On Jul 21, 2014
Dearest VO, what can I say...?

I am deeply sorry for use of that word!!! My intention was NOT to slight your person BUT to convey to my fellow Nairalanders the aura of a motherly intervention that gave me one of the greatest joys and fulfilment!

The 'old' meant in my statement was supposed be an `elderly` as a sign of respect according to our culture of respect.

I DO SINCERELY APOLOGIZE MADAM PLEASE. God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:40am On Jul 21, 2014
Adeboy007: Dearest VO, what can I say...?

I am deeply sorry for use of that word!!! My intention was NOT to slight your person BUT to convey to my fellow Nairalanders the aura of a motherly intervention that gave me one of the greatest joys and fulfilment!

The 'old' meant in my statement was supposed be an `elderly` as a sign of respect according to our culture of respect.

I DO SINCERELY APOLOGIZE MADAM PLEASE. God bless you.

Please don't worry about it! This is a lesson to me not to try to be funny online. I really did get a kick out of your post -- no apologies necessary!

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:41am On Jul 21, 2014
HABRUZZY: true talk that has been bordering me a lot taught maybe that's why have been disqualified the past 2 years all documents concerning my education are complete but I guess I might choose my country as my country of residence.but do they over there understand Nigeria educational system well too?confused a bit

What it boils down to is that you can interview in the country where you reside. If your documents are from another country, and the officer isn't familiar with them, you might ask the officer if your case can be transferred.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by HABRUZZY(m): 9:34am On Jul 21, 2014
VisaOfficer:

What it boils down to is that you can interview in the country where you reside. If your documents are from another country, and the officer isn't familiar with them, you might ask the officer if your case can be transferred.
oh okay now am fine.finally for my own case what are the likely documents that will be needed maybe as a proof
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 10:08am On Jul 21, 2014
Good day VO,

Re-Legal Adoption Processing ongoing
This is to notify you that the Legal Adoption processing of the child is completed and the woman and her husband have the document ready.

She informed me this morning that she has sent LagosIV@state.gov an e-mail giving the current status of their Legal Adoption Processing of the child.

Kindly check if the mail has reached your office and a response on the next step will highly be appreciated.

thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by YettyOla(f): 12:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello Sir/Ma,

Stumbled on this forum, and saw this thread headlined by you, and your replies to questions. I will like to ask, and cleared. I was registered for DV Lottery by a close friend whom we studied together in the UK way back in the UK in 2012. And, he disclosed to me I was selected for further processing. But, he claimed he made a mistake on my Date Of Birth. Later he persuaded me to opt in, but, will submit the DSP forms as married so as to get him along. I refused and he said no problem. And, I went on with my application to KCC with my real Date of Birth which thats been on my WAEC, International Passport, UK College documents and exams. I have gotten my interview date which is next month. I will like to know should there be any problem as far as its my college hostel passport that was registered with for the lottery. I am fully engaged working at the moment and should take time out to further my processing and documentation. Kindly, Advice?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by omega2128(m): 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
I've appointment very soon but my needed documents are not yet in hands.
So, I'm just curious to know how many days before interview does one have to reschedule interview appointment. Especially k1
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Turlest: 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
Good Day V O.

Please Ma / Sir, am in need of your help and i know by the grace of GOD my problem would be solve through this thread.

My name is Busari Ajibola Yusuf and my wife name is Kemisola Janet Babalola now Kemisola Janet Busari.
CASE No.: 2014AF00016659
Applicant Name: Kemisola Janet Babalola
Beneficiary: Yusuf Ajibola Busari

Our interview date was scheduled for 17th July, 2014 by 7.00 a.m.
on that faithful day we got there, submit all the necessary document requested like the necessary payment.
Where we had problem was during the interview, series of question were being asked.

THE MAIN ISSUE: my wife did not go with her original WASSCE Certificate, but took the computer print out along and we forgot to take the scratch along. So the CO. now gave said we are ineligible. A print out was given to us which states:

"Dear Visa Applicant.

This office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under the educational & Labour Qualifications Sections 212(a)(5)(A) of the law. After careful review of your application, it has been determined that you do not meet either the minimum education or Job-Skill requirements necessary to qualify for the Diversity Visa Lottery. You are therefore not eligible to participate in the DV Programme."

After that She didn't return the following Documents to us back:
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Attestation of Birth
3. medical Report of my wife because mine is not yet ready
4. Police report.

Please i need your reply as soon as possible.
DELETED

May GOD reward you abundantly.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
@Turlest

There is no need to drop any of your contact details here

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by joechima: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Visa officer Sir,my brother is a US military how long will it take if he petitions for our brothers and sisters
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
HABRUZZY: oh okay now am fine.finally for my own case what are the likely documents that will be needed maybe as a proof

You should bring proof that you are academically or professionally qualified. I can't be more specific than that.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Adeboy007: Good day VO,

Re-Legal Adoption Processing ongoing
This is to notify you that the Legal Adoption processing of the child is completed and the woman and her husband have the document ready.

She informed me this morning that she has sent LagosIV@state.gov an e-mail giving the current status of their Legal Adoption Processing of the child.

Kindly check if the mail has reached your office and a response on the next step will highly be appreciated.

thank you.

They should hear from us soon. Thank you!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
YettyOla: Hello Sir/Ma,

Stumbled on this forum, and saw this thread headlined by you, and your replies to questions. I will like to ask, and cleared. I was registered for DV Lottery by a close friend whom we studied together in the UK way back in the UK in 2012. And, he disclosed to me I was selected for further processing. But, he claimed he made a mistake on my Date Of Birth. Later he persuaded me to opt in, but, will submit the DSP forms as married so as to get him along. I refused and he said no problem. And, I went on with my application to KCC with my real Date of Birth which thats been on my WAEC, International Passport, UK College documents and exams. I have gotten my interview date which is next month. I will like to know should there be any problem as far as its my college hostel passport that was registered with for the lottery. I am fully engaged working at the moment and should take time out to further my processing and documentation. Kindly, Advice?

If you're applying here in Nigeria, our policy is that if you show up for your interview and are honest with us about the tout trying to get you to marry someone, it's not an automatic disqualification. If you can credibly explain yourself to an officer, you shouldn't have a problem (as long as you qualify and have no ineligibilities...). Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
omega2128: I've appointment very soon but my needed documents are not yet in hands.
So, I'm just curious to know how many days before interview does one have to reschedule interview appointment. Especially k1

We appreciate being told in advance, but people generally just don't show up and then e-mail us later. Given that it's a K appointment, you can cancel your own appointment in the website and make a new one yourself. We have plenty of K appointments available, so you shouldn't have a problem.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Turlest: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
justwise: @Turlest

There is no need to drop any of your contact details here

Am very sorry for that Sir / Ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
Turlest: Good Day V O.

Please Ma / Sir, am in need of your help and i know by the grace of GOD my problem would be solve through this thread.

My name is Busari Ajibola Yusuf and my wife name is Kemisola Janet Babalola now Kemisola Janet Busari.
CASE No.: 2014AF00016659
Applicant Name: Kemisola Janet Babalola
Beneficiary: Yusuf Ajibola Busari

Our interview date was scheduled for 17th July, 2014 by 7.00 a.m.
on that faithful day we got there, submit all the necessary document requested like the necessary payment.
Where we had problem was during the interview, series of question were being asked.

THE MAIN ISSUE: my wife did not go with her original WASSCE Certificate, but took the computer print out along and we forgot to take the scratch along. So the CO. now gave said we are ineligible. A print out was given to us which states:

"Dear Visa Applicant.

This office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under the educational & Labour Qualifications Sections 212(a)(5)(A) of the law. After careful review of your application, it has been determined that you do not meet either the minimum education or Job-Skill requirements necessary to qualify for the Diversity Visa Lottery. You are therefore not eligible to participate in the DV Programme."

After that She didn't return the following Documents to us back:
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Attestation of Birth
3. medical Report of my wife because mine is not yet ready
4. Police report.

Please i need your reply as soon as possible.
DELETED

May GOD reward you abundantly.

You can e-mail LagosIV@state.gov and request that we return your marriage certificate and attestation of birth. The medical report and police certificate are part of our files now. It does appear that your wife failed to convince the Consular officer that she is academically qualified for the visa, so no visas can be issued in this case.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
joechima: Visa officer Sir,my brother is a US military how long will it take if he petitions for our brothers and sisters

Right now the wait time for sibling petitions is running around 12-13 years.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by YettyOla(f): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Oh! Thanks Visa Officer. I'm glad you replied. He's not a tout but a classmate during my undergraduate days, but he does registrations for his families and friends, and even the ones back home. So, what do you expect me to say, cos, I don't see him as a tout, but a friend who wants to take advantage of the opportunity he created. I would like to hear your advice and insist with the CO he's not a tout. Advice?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Many thanks for your humanity selfless service Ma/Sir.

My fiancée filed K-1 application for me last week from Atlanta... Please I want to confirm like when would my interview period gonna be (all things be equal) from this time of filling when approved?

I know its might not be within your office to decide when but please just state/guess when it is likely gonna be (plus or minus)... My reason for asking is to see if it would fall towards my annual leave period at my place of work or I may need to defer my leave towards that time in order to enable me to have nice time to take the medicals and get the police report/other necessary docs ready.

Many thanks in anticipation for your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
YettyOla: Oh! Thanks Visa Officer. I'm glad you replied. He's not a tout but a classmate during my undergraduate days, but he does registrations for his families and friends, and even the ones back home. So, what do you expect me to say, cos, I don't see him as a tout, but a friend who wants to take advantage of the opportunity he created. I would like to hear your advice and insist with the CO he's not a tout. Advice?

Well, he's kind of a tout that you're friends with. smiley Just for the record, we don't have a problem with touts and agents as such... they provide important services, especially for people who don't have access to computers. For us, it's an issue when they extort money, sell identities, and create sham marriages... but we know that most of the time, their involvement is less problematic.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
Dear v.o, my mum was refused visa today under section 214(b) and I want her to reapply maybe next week and I will like to reapply with her as I have also made a trip out of the country but not to the U.S, please I need your advice is it really advisable? Because my mum said the interviewing officer kept asking who she was travelling with and she said nobody and later he asked again and again
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
stevewale: Many thanks for your humanity selfless service Ma/Sir.

My fiancée filed K-1 application for me last week from Atlanta... Please I want to confirm like when would my interview period gonna be (all things be equal) from this time of filling when approved?

I know its might not be within your office to decide when but please just state/guess when it is likely gonna be (plus or minus)... My reason for asking is to see if it would fall towards my annual leave period at my place of work or I may need to defer my leave towards that time in order to enable me to have nice time to take the medicals and get the police report/other necessary docs ready.

Many thanks in anticipation for your response.

Greetings!

As soon as the case is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center, they'll send it to us, and we'll contact you so you can schedule an appointment. We have tons of K appointments open lately, so there's not much of a wait at all. My sense is that NVC ships them out fairly quickly, too -- maybe a four-month turn-around? That's a guess, not an official decree.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
chloe7: Dear v.o, my mum was refused visa today under section 214(b) and I want her to reapply maybe next week and I will like to reapply with her as I have also made a trip out of the country but not to the U.S, please I need your advice is it really advisable? Because my mum said the interviewing officer kept asking who she was travelling with and she said nobody and later he asked again and again

This is a question for the non-immigrant visa thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
VisaOfficer:

This is a question for the non-immigrant visa thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening
thank you very much, i'm sorry I didn't take note of N.I.V / I.V
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Greetings!

As soon as the case is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center, they'll send it to us, and we'll contact you so you can schedule an appointment. We have tons of K appointments open lately, so there's not much of a wait at all. My sense is that NVC ships them out fairly quickly, too -- maybe a four-month turn-around? That's a guess, not an official decree.

Thanks for your apt response that doused my tension ...lolz was thinking it takes a year or more.

Pls can she come with me to the interview if she's in country during the time?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by YettyOla(f): 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Visa Officer, Thanks for your prompt reply. Well, I'm ready to tell and give sincere answers to the CO when I come around for my interview. But, how do I put it through. Do I just meet her and start telling her what went down, and I hope my disclosure of he tout doesn't jeopardise my chances. I can't wait to give every information asked for by the CO. I have never paid him a dine, nor am I planning to give in to his request. That's why I'm handling this myself and explain myself to you. Thank you very much. So, I want to believe the CO would see the errors made and ask me why, and I promise to be sincere with my interview come next month! Cheers
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
stevewale:

Thanks for your apt response that doused my tension ...lolz was thinking it takes a year or more.

Pls can she come with me to the interview if she's in country during the time?

We generally don't allow petitioners into the waiting room. We just don't have the space, and they're usually not needed. But, if you have any problems during the interview, I would encourage you to say "My fiancee is here in Nigeria! Please schedule us for a split interview!" A case would have to be really really really bad for us to turn that offer down.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
YettyOla: Visa Officer, Thanks for your prompt reply. Well, I'm ready to tell and give sincere answers to the CO when I come around for my interview. But, how do I put it through. Do I just meet her and start telling her what went down, and I hope my disclosure of he tout doesn't jeopardise my chances. I can't wait to give every information asked for by the CO. I have never paid him a dine, nor am I planning to give in to his request. That's why I'm handling this myself and explain myself to you. Thank you very much. So, I want to believe the CO would see the errors made and ask me why, and I promise to be sincere with my interview come next month! Cheers

We'll give you a fair hearing, I promise.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ddream77: 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello V.O,
How did work go today? I guess it not easy working as a consular. May God give you the strength to continue you good work.
I got this mail from the embassy a few mins back ;

Dear Mr. Adeyemoh,

The administrative processing on your case is nearly complete.  Please return for a follow-up interview on Thursday, July 24, no later than 10:00 a.m.  If this time is not convenient for you, please let us know as soon as possible.

Please bring this e-mail along with you when you return to the Consulate on Thursday.

Thank you,

Please what are the things i'd need to bring along with me for the follow up interview when coming on the date given?

Your response and advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hollaytan: 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
Our dear VO, thanks for you invaluable and prompt replies. My fiance and her mother plans to visit me here in nigeria soon, I will like to ask if getting married here will make my k3 application faster because she plans to file petition for me when she goes back to the state.......pls your advice is strongly needed on how to go about the whole thing.

Secondly on behalf of a friend I will to ask when will Nigeria will become legible for DV lottery
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pepson: 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Don't give up! You can always apply for the waiver!

OK VO,i would think of doing that

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.