Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677537 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by alickic(m): 7:21am On Jul 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Please send us an e-mail at LagosIV@state.gov. There are other serious issues with your case that shouldn't be discussed in a public forum.
Thank Sir/Ma. I have sent the mail
Can we go ahead to do the medical tests?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:22am On Jul 18, 2014
pepson:

ok V.O i think i am clear on that point,but there is one aspect which i dont still understand,atsome point in our previous discussions you said that you people were kind on those who committed fraud when there were minor at time of interview.so my question is how come an ineligibility was entered into my records by then knowing well that i was a minor(14years)?

Well, having read your case notes and seen how many fraudulent documents you submitted, my guess is that you came across in the interview as mature and intelligent enough to share responsibility for the fraud. (Sorry to sound so stern but, well...)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:24am On Jul 18, 2014
ikembadelta: Goodevening VO,thanks for your great and immeasurable help.You are indeed amiable!
I want you to help me clarify some issues.Am posting this now due to my lack of time @work.My wife is the PA of 2014 dv,actually we were scheduled for June.But for some family&personal issues,my wife was asked to reschedule.The reasons being that am not ready to travel now,(2)I went out to get my drugs cos am an ulcer patient and i was in serious pains after waiting for 4hrs without calling us.My antacid was not allowed in.Now she's scheduled for August.(1)Is it mandatory I attend interview with her,since the CO said she would not be issued a visa without me?Mind you,she played as single(2)If we both attend,can she travel alone while I join her later,and how long can that be?
pls I beg you to respond to my queries.
Thanks for a nice work here.

Yes, you should both attend the interview. Otherwise we will suspect that you do not have a bona fide relationship, and neither of you will receive a visa.

We cannot issue any 2014 Diversity Visas after September 30. So, if you plan to join her later, you should go ahead and get your visa now -- it will be valid until your medical paperwork expires, theoretically some months from now.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2014
alickic:
Thank Sir/Ma. I have sent the mail
Can we go ahead to do the medical tests?

Please do not do your medical tests now.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:27am On Jul 18, 2014
cybergee: pls VO, how do i submit my documents, i just submitted my immigration visa application online and they said i must submit my documents before interview appointment. im to mail them to NVC and how will i do the medicals.my mum petition for me.

It sounds like you're still in the stage of filing the petition with the National Visa Center? The instructions for filing documents with NVC are at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf . You should not do your medicals until you have an interview date at an Embassy or Consulate overseas.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by alickic(m): 7:34am On Jul 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Please do not do your medical tests now.
Sir/ma,i got a message in my email now. I don't know what to do next
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by FriedFish: 8:58am On Jul 18, 2014
Good day VO, i really need your advice.
My parents intend to spend their leave in the US, an aunt (my mom's sister) is the one inviting them over. My dad is to accompany my mom. My first question to the house is:
1) does my dad need to fill his own DS160 non immigrant form; as he is going as an a companion.

he didnt fill the DS160 online, because he was listed on my mom's DS160

with the confirmation number from my mom's application online we went on to make to make payment for both of them at GTB and got two reference numbers to book for an interview appointment next week.

opened a single profile using my mom's details, included my dad as well as her companion but we were required to put in a DS160 number, so we used the same number as the one used for my mom.

after choosing a date for interview; this notice showed up on the final confirmation page:
" PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE DS-160 NUMBERS USED TO SCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT CAN NOT BE VALIDATED.
INCORRECT DS-160 NUMBERS MAY LEAD TO A DELAY IN BEING PROCESSED."

Please house what should we do?? should my dad go on to fill a DS160 form and should we cancel the old appointment and book a new one? what would be the implication of rescheduling? would we need to make new payments?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:03am On Jul 18, 2014
FriedFish: Good day house, i really need your advice.
My parents intend to spend their leave in the US, an aunt (my mom's sister) is the one inviting them over. My dad is to accompany my mom. My first question to the house is:
1) does my dad need to fill his own DS160 non immigrant form; as he is going as an a companion.

he didnt feel the DS160 online, because he was listed on my mom's DS160

with the confirmation number from my mom's application online we went on to make to make payment for both of them at GTB and got two reference numbers to book for an interview appointment next week.

opened a single profile using my mom's details, included my dad as well as her companion but i was required to put in as DS160 number, so i used the same i used for my mom.

after choosing a date for interview; this notice showed up on the final confirmation page:
" PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE DS-160 NUMBERS USED TO SCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT CAN NOT BE VALIDATED.
INCORRECT DS-160 NUMBERS MAY LEAD TO A DELAY IN BEING PROCESSED."

Please house what should we do?? should my dad go on to feel a DS160 form and should we cancel the old appointment and book a new one? what would be the implication of rescheduling? would we need to make new payments?

Please ask these questions at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lakeside4christ(m): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2014
Gud mornin VO, pls ma wen can a DV go for his or her medical?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:58am On Jul 18, 2014
Lakeside4christ: Gud mornin VO, pls ma wen can a DV go for his or her medical?

You should go early enough to have the paperwork ready before the day of your DV interview. Our panel physicians are:

Dr. Alexandra Anga
The Consultants Practice
The Children’s Practice
25 Raymond Njoku
Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 01-461-1941
Cell: 0706-585-9845, 0809-354-0899

Dr. Funmilayo Alakija
Q-Life Family Clinic
Plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina Street
Off Ajose Adegun,
Victoria Island Annexe
Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 01-804-2000, 01-726-2840
Cell: 0702-770-4055

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by eleshinleekan: 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
[/b]
VisaOfficer:

Just be ready to explain. If your birth certificate and passport show the same date of birth, you [b] should
be all right.
Thank you for your prompt response,I really appreciate.
YES my birth certificate and passport does show the same date. I am thinking of going with some pictures I took back in school days. Thanks once again,I really do appreciate.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kbtb: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

You can get married in the U.S. and return to Nigeria. Then your wife will need to file the I-130 on your behalf.

Your wife would need to file a separate petition for any child you had. It does not sound like your niece wil qualify, though. She is not your future wife's stepchild nor her adopted child; at this point, she is not your adopted child. You see, a child is considered "your child" only if the child is your biological child or if she is legally adopted *and* meets the criteria to be defined as an orphan under U.S. immigration law. It does not sound like your niece will qualify for this definition, as her parents are alive and well.

Dear VO,
Thank you so much for all your supports. Please i have another one important question. I'm divorced and I want to know what my spouse going to submit during filing and what am I suppose to submit during CR1/R1 visa interview to show proof of divorce because my ex is a Turkish and our marriage was nikkah as we are both Muslim?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lakeside4christ(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

You should go early enough to have the paperwork ready before the day of your DV interview. Our panel physicians are:

Dr. Alexandra Anga
The Consultants Practice
The Children’s Practice
25 Raymond Njoku
Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 01-461-1941
Cell: 0706-585-9845, 0809-354-0899

Dr. Funmilayo Alakija
Q-Life Family Clinic
Plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina Street
Off Ajose Adegun,
Victoria Island Annexe
Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 01-804-2000, 01-726-2840
Cell: 0702-770-4055

Tanks you ma for ur quick response...you said going EARLY... as in two weeks, three weeks or a month to d interview date or what?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
Lakeside4christ:

Tanks you ma for ur quick response...you said going EARLY... as in two weeks, three weeks or a month to d interview date or what?

You should contact the physician's office, ask how long it takes them to produce the paperwork, and schedule an appointment in time to bring the paperwork to your interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lakeside4christ(m): 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

You should contact the physician's office, ask how long it takes them to produce the paperwork, and schedule an appointment in time to bring the paperwork to your interview.

Tanks you ma!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kbtb: 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dear VisaOfficer
Thank you so much for all your supports. Please i have another one important question. I'm divorced and I want to know what my spouse going to submit during filing and what am I suppose to submit during CR1/R1 visa interview to show proof of divorce because my ex is a Turkish and our marriage was nikkah as we are both Muslim?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
kbtb: Dear VisaOfficer

If you don't have certificates / paperwork to submit, please write a letter explaining nikkah. Remember, USCIS processes applications from all over the world, so there's no way for them to understand the customs of every single country. An explanatory letter can be a big help!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nairalanders, help your VO out here... What does it mean when someone says he has a "school daughter"?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by blessedfavoured: 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
VisaOfficer: Nairalanders, help your VO out here... What does it mean when someone says he has a "school daughter"?

It's a practice common in boarding schools. The school mommies and daddies are your seniors (like students in higher classes) while the school daughters or school sons are the juniors.

They usually help you avoid getting punished when you get into trouble with other seniors.
Basically making boarding school bearable.
Also helping you eat your provisions LOL.

I hope you get the picture. Couldn't find a better way to explain it. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kbtb: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
VisaOfficer: Nairalanders, help your VO out here... What does it mean when someone says he has a "school daughter"?

School girl(most times a junior or a newly enrolled high school student) is like a Protege.
School mother(most time a final year high school school) is like a Mentor.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2014

A junior student that was under the protection of a senior student in a secondary school. The latter checks on the former to know how their studies are going and general welfare like shielding them from corporal punishments and other exploitations. The junior student sometimes visits the senior student at home to spend a weekend. It is a mutual relationship that is not sexual and it can bring families together.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jt2010: 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2014

School daughter or school mother refers to some stuff of relationship between a senior student and a junior student. The school daughter mostly lookup to her school mother for guardian, role model or protection etc.

Most time, the relationship go beyond their school years, that the school mother may now become the god-mother!!! which means she (god-mother) look out for the School daughter interest most times.

Note: as ferdimako said, the relationship is mutual and not intimate.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kbtb: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

If you don't have certificates / paperwork to submit, please write a letter explaining nikkah. Remember, USCIS processes applications from all over the world, so there's no way for them to understand the customs of every single country. An explanatory letter can be a big help!

Thank you for your quick response VisaOfficer. Now that we are clear about USCIS, how about US Embassy can I write a letter as well and bring along during my CR1/R1 visa interview to show proof of divorce?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2014
Am glad to tell you my Visa has been Approved yesterday... I follow your advice and + revealing the truth with the CO Interviewing me... Thanks so much and God bless you... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
blessedfavoured, kbtb, ferdimako, jt2010, thank you o! You also just saved one of your fellow Nairalanders from getting called back in to talk to us again. This is what I read about a DV interview:

CO: are you married?
ME: NO
CO: any kids?
My mind: yeah, ma skool daughter
ME: NO.

And I thought, "#*!X%^!!! He has a child he didn't list on his original Diversity Visa entry?!? #*!X%^!!!!!!!"

But now I am at peace. grin kiss

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ikembadelta(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Yes, you should both attend the interview. Otherwise we will suspect that you do not have a bona fide relationship, and neither of you will receive a visa.

We cannot issue any 2014 Diversity Visas after September 30. So, if you plan to join her later, you should go ahead and get your visa now -- it will be valid until your medical paperwork expires, theoretically some months from now.
Dear Visa Officer,thanks for your prompt response.I will do exactly as you have advised. I have to ensure I make myself available for the interview come Aug.Thanks a million.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
kbtb:

Thank you for your quick response VisaOfficer. Now that we are clear about USCIS, how about US Embassy can I write a letter as well and bring along during my CR1/R1 visa interview to show proof of divorce?

Sure, or you could just explain to the officer. USCIS deals with people from all over the world, but we officers spend a lot of time in the country we're assigned to, and we become pretty familiar with the local customs and laws. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jt2010: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
VisaOfficer: blessedfavoured, kbtb, ferdimako, jt2010, thank you o! You also just saved one of your fellow Nairalanders from getting called back in to talk to us again. This is what I read about a DV interview:

And I thought, "#*!X%^!!! He has a child he didn't list on his original Diversity Visa entry?!? #*!X%^!!!!!!!"

But now I am at peace. grin kiss

The VO, ur bold statement above sound yorubaish

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by GiftedHandz: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
VO you are such an angel... You take your time to attend to people's questions and your responses are so comforting. Reading through your lines shows how warm and welcoming you are.God bless you real gooooood!

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by faizanshaik: 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hi VO

My uncle filed petition under F4 family based immigration category, as this category visa movement is really slow now my age is 21 and as per CSPA it is 16 ,in order to get my PD current it will more take 3-4 years to complete,Now the issue is that is it ok to do job or is there any restriction that if i do job i may not be eligible for the visa immigration because i m child derivative.

thankyou.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mbanj4real: 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hi VO, I saw visa issued on Wednesday and went to dhl passport collection @ VI on Thursday but was told not available dat I should come on Wednesday next week. pls what is happen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.