Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679432 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
queenblack: Greetings!

I am in tears because since my fiance's interview on April 1st, he was approved for visa and asked to pick it up in 7 days. When he went to DHL there was no package for him. Each time he was asked to check back there was no package. When told to check the status on the CEAC website, it said he is in AP. Today makes it 5 1/2 months, the status has not been updated since Aug 1st. I am so worried because his medical exam results expire in 6 months which was on June 15th. People who interviewed after him have since received their visas and have migrated. What can I do? We want to get married and start our new life together. No one has given a reason as to why my fiance's visa is taking so long. The "global glitch" that took place did not hinder the other applicants from receiving their visas. Please advise.

Could you send us an e-mail at LagosIV@state.gov with the case number so we can check on it? Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bucciepie: 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thank you.

VisaOfficer:

Thank you for the kind words! From what you've written here, you should be in good shape.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ogbonaikenna(m): 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Right now the wait time for this category is running around 12 years. Hang in there.
wow! I'm married(traditional marriage) with a daughter. My brother included my wife and daughter in the petition. Hope the children that would be born within the space of 12years would also be eligible for visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ogbonaikenna: wow! I'm married(traditional marriage) with a daughter. My brother included my wife and daughter in the petition. Hope the children that would be born within the space of 12years would also be eligible for visa?

Oh yes, your children are included in the petition for this visa category even if they haven't been born yet! I wish you many. smiley

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Oh yes, your children are included in the petition for this visa category even if they haven't been born yet! I wish you many. smiley
US system teaches us the need to reduce that number. grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by JehovahFavor(m): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Dear V.O, i want to use the medium to thank and appreciate you for guiding me aright on how to go about procuring my children 's visas. They were issued their visas last week friday. May God continue to uphold and bless you in Jesus name. Lastly, i wish to know if we shall not be denied entry to US for not paying our uscis fees before departure. We intend paying the fees when we get there. Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by otisd: 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Right now the wait time for this category is running around 12 years. Hang in there.
Really sir? 12 years?..Wow!
Hi,my case is almost similar because the petition on my behalf is being filled as we speak. The problem though is that my parents never really got married and it is required that I provide their marriage certificate as the petitioner is my stepsister(my dad's daughter from his first marriage).
My questions are as follows:
1.In the instance above,are there any other alternative documents in lieu of the marriage certificate?
2.What are the most important datas or documents needed?
Thank you for your time..Nice work.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Isn't that the same category spousal visa falls under?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by biyiwilly(m): 3:41am On Sep 18, 2014
i have applied for the US now for almost 10 times and the visa officer keep denying me visa....recently in August of 2014 i went with my wife and kid and yet the visa was denied again....but the interviewing visa officer said to me that " what has been happening to you, at one time you are married and at another time you are not married"....at first i pursed and just when am about to respond to her statement, she said she didn't believe me so my visa was denied.

yes, i have been applying since 2005 to date...but the major problem is miss-information at the point of my interview...i have once said i was married but truly i didn't stick to my stance so the whole marital statues issues was all confusing. At my last interview, i got so confused as to what to do to correct this issues of my marital statues and i decided to write the Embassy through DHL...stating the fact and telling them the truth.

My question is, do you think that kind of letter can be read by anybody in the consulate? Also, i sent an email almost immediately to the Embassy email address stating my previous and my present status. Do you think somebody will read such letters or email and use it to confirm my true status or what do you advice me to do now as to correct the issue on ground.

Below is a copy of the letter sent to the Embassy through DHL

Mr, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
12, xxxxxxxx st.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lagos.
26/08/2014

The United States Consular Office,
2 Walter Carrington Crescent,
Victoria Island, Lagos

Apology Letter

I want to sincerely apologize to the consulate and the government of the United States for miss-informing and misrepresent facts at various times that I have applied the US embassy for a student visa and visiting visa.
My name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I was born xxxxxxxxxxxxx to xxxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxxxxx. I’m from a family of four; 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I’m the second to the last. Post-secondary education, I had a Bachelor degree ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and a Master’s in xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

As a young boy, I have always been fascinated by image and vision I see in US magazine and films. I also have the affinity to speak English and the American English was a preference. During that period of my maturity to adulthood, everyone around me want to travel abroad (seek greener pasture as I understand it then), so I joined in the “rat race” not comprehending the full consequence of some of my actions. I applied for visa several time at the US embassy with all the different antics I learnt from the street and friends and was legally denied each time. I have even lost a logic count of how many time I have applied and been denied.

If I can recount correctly, I started applying in 2005 through 2013, most of the information I presented then are sometime inaccurate and often inconsistent. What has been consistent since then was the vision to expose and expand my horizon in whatever I do. The quest to learn from a more civil and advanced society made me seek a training visa to Germany where I got a certificate as a certify English Language instructor (you ask, who goes to Germany to learn English?).

A number of information and record I like to set straight here are;
• I have had multiple visit to the embassy from 2005 through 2013
• In 2006 and 2007- I told the consulate I was married. This was a miss-representation of a fact
• I have a son; xxxxxxxxxx, he was born Feb Bleep 20xx
• I was once engaged to xxxxxxxxx who happens to be the mother of my son but the engagement broke-off
• I’ve been officially married now since March 15th 2014 to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

My last visit to the United States consulate made me review the impact of what my past actions might or possibly will have on the current and future decisions from the embassy. After deep reflection, I felt so strong that there is need to apologize. A lot of what I did in past was just pure youthful exuberant, naivetés and pure stupidity. I do sincerely apologize.

I agree that have tried in the past to visit the United States with no so clear intent. My last planned visit to the embassy in the company of my wife and son, which was 22nd August 2014 was intended for purely leisure to the US, and return back to our various daily work with our son.

In conclusion, I hope the Unites States through its consulate office in Lagos will accept this letter of my apology and view this as my only way to clarify and address some of this concern as best as I can. As the saying goes that, “conscience is like an open wound; only the truth can heal it”.
Thank you and God bless the Unites States of America.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:07am On Sep 18, 2014
ferdimako:
US system teaches us the need to reduce that number. grin

Then I wish you as many as you and your wife jointly decide, after much thought and reflection, that you are willing to put up with. cheesy

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:08am On Sep 18, 2014
JehovahFavor: Dear V.O, i want to use the medium to thank and appreciate you for guiding me aright on how to go about procuring my children 's visas. They were issued their visas last week friday. May God continue to uphold and bless you in Jesus name. Lastly, i wish to know if we shall not be denied entry to US for not paying our uscis fees before departure. We intend paying the fees when we get there. Thanks for your response.

Congratulations on the visa issuance!

You should pay the USCIS fee before you travel. You won't be denied entry if you haven't paid it, but they won't produce and send the Legal Permanent Resident cards until you do.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:13am On Sep 18, 2014
otisd:
Really sir? 12 years?..Wow!
Hi,my case is almost similar because the petition on my behalf is being filled as we speak. The problem though is that my parents never really got married and it is required that I provide their marriage certificate as the petitioner is my stepsister(my dad's daughter from his first marriage).
My questions are as follows:
1.In the instance above,are there any other alternative documents in lieu of the marriage certificate?
2.What are the most important datas or documents needed?
Thank you for your time..Nice work.

Regards.

If your father is still living, you and your stepsister could test your DNA against him. If both of you are his biological children, then you will qualify for the F4.

We can't suggest direct sibling-to-sibling DNA because false negatives are so common with this type of DNA test. My brother and I have the same parents, but it's technically possible (although unlikely) that each of us inherited a totally different set of DNA from our parents. Each parent gave each of us 50% of their DNA, but it's technically possible that my brother and I each got a different 50%. So, legally, if we want to know if applicants are siblings, they have to be tested through a common parent.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:14am On Sep 18, 2014
jennykadry:

Isn't that the same category spousal visa falls under?

No. Sibling petitions are the F4 category; spouses are F2A, IR1, or CR1.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:16am On Sep 18, 2014
biyiwilly: i have applied for the US now for almost 10 times and the visa officer keep denying me visa....

...yes, i have been applying since 2005 to date...but the major problem is miss-information at the point of my interview...i have once said i was married but truly i didn't stick to my stance so the whole marital statues issues was all confusing. At my last interview, i got so confused as to what to do to correct this issues of my marital statues and i decided to write the Embassy through DHL...stating the fact and telling them the truth.

...If I can recount correctly, I started applying in 2005 through 2013, most of the information I presented then are sometime inaccurate and often inconsistent. What has been consistent since then was the vision to expose and expand my horizon in whatever I do.

...A number of information and record I like to set straight here are;
• I have had multiple visit to the embassy from 2005 through 2013
• In 2006 and 2007- I told the consulate I was married. This was a miss-representation of a fact
• I have a son; xxxxxxxxxx, he was born Feb Bleep 20xx
• I was once engaged to xxxxxxxxx who happens to be the mother of my son but the engagement broke-off
• I’ve been officially married now since March 15th 2014 to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

... A lot of what I did in past was just pure youthful exuberant, naivetés and pure stupidity. I do sincerely apologize.

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . But it sounds to me like you simply don't qualify for a non-immigrant visa.

We generally don't take the kind of letter you have sent into account. You can always explain at your next interview... and if I were you, I would wait a few years to apply again, so you can really show that your situation has changed.

Not to sound harsh, but to let you know how this sort of thing sounds to us: You only decided to tell us the truth because you couldn't remember what your story was supposed to be? So, it's not so much honesty as another attempt to get a visa? This does not show that you overcome the presumption of immigrant intent.

(If I may ask: Almost every day here, when an applicant is trying to explain why he misrepresented himself in past visa interviews, he says "It was youthful exuberance." Where does that phrase come from? May I ask if there's a visa agent out there telling people to say that?)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iyaaliyah: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2014
Goodmorning @VisaOfficer, pls my mum filed for my younger brother early this year. We just found out that his name was rearranged. She has been trying to contact NVC but no answer. Pls what can she do. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:32am On Sep 18, 2014
iyaaliyah: Goodmorning @VisaOfficer, pls my mum filed for my younger brother early this year. We just found out that his name was rearranged. She has been trying to contact NVC but no answer. Pls what can she do. Thank you.

If it's just that the names are out of order, I wouldn't worry about it. He can explain at the time of his interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Then I wish you as many as you and your wife jointly decide, after much thought and reflection, that you are willing to put up with. cheesy
I'm pro small family. I love to live!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by JehovahFavor(m): 10:06am On Sep 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Congratulations on the visa issuance!

You should pay the USCIS fee before you travel. You won't be denied entry if you haven't paid it, but they won't produce and send the Legal Permanent Resident cards until you do.
Thanks very much for your response. Have a beautiful day.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by princemoyemi(m): 10:53am On Sep 18, 2014
Good day all,
I have an interview on monday @ america embassy Abuja and my question is,
must i be dress in suit and what are the likely questions on B1B2 visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:02am On Sep 18, 2014
princemoyemi: Good day all,
I have an interview on monday @ america embassy Abuja and my question is,
must i be dress in suit and what are the likely questions on B1B2 visa?

No suit necessary. This is not the right thread to ask for pointers on how to convince us to give you a visa. Our only answer will be to tell the truth, and if you qualify, you'll get a visa.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by reeq(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2014
smileyGreetings VO
How you doing today..
Ok if someone pays visa fee @GTB can he/she proceed immediately to apply for visa appiontment because on the site it says wait for 4hrs. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:43am On Sep 18, 2014
reeq: smileyGreetings VO
How you doing today..
Ok if someone pays visa fee @GTB can he/she proceed immediately to apply for visa appiontment because on the site it says wait for 4hrs. Thanks.

It's safest to wait the four hours. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by reeq(m): 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
Thanks for the reply..#blessed smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

thank you Sir/Ma. I feel like i've been issued the visa already. If this is how polite interviewing officers are, then there is nothing to be afraid of. Just say the truth and you are good to go

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Emblem(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello VO,

I made a mistake on my DS-160 form in which i later filled another one. For the past 3 days, I have been trying to update my profile with the new DS-160 code i just filled but it kept giving me error "Error occurred while loading a visualforce page". Please what can i do as my interview is tomorrow morning.

Attached is the screenshot of the error message.

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
Emblem: Hello VO,

I made a mistake on my DS-160 form in which i later filled another one. For the past 3 days, I have been trying to update my profile with the new DS-160 code i just filled but it kept giving me error "Error occurred while loading a visualforce page". Please what can i do as my interview is tomorrow morning.

Attached is the screenshot of the error message.

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
Good day,
Please how many days does it take a dna result to reach lagos from USA from the day the result comes out,we have already gotten our own copy of the result but we havent gotten a reply from the embassy,just wanna no how many days it takes.Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
tobiloba05: Good day,
Please how many days does it take a dna result to reach lagos from USA from the day the result comes out,we have already gotten our own copy of the result but we havent gotten a reply from the embassy,just wanna no how many days it takes.Thanks

They usually get here in a week or two, I think. I just processed a big stack today, so maybe yours was among them?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Thanks ma/sir
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by gabriellle: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Dear VO,

Thank you very much for being such a valuable resource to us on this forum.

I applied for an immigrant visa for my parent and have requested expedited processing based on a medical emergency.

How long does it typically take to receive a decision from the Embassy? My case was forwarded from the NVC yesterday.

Thank you!

Best,
Gabriellle
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abubu79: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
VO,pls I need ur advice,am a father of 3kids,I v travel to german twice alone witout my spouse,we both apply for german visa n she got her visa on her pp,now we intend to apply for a US visa,us my wife n I,my frinda advice to join my kids for application bt due cash involve,pls wats our chance of being issued a visa,den how do I go about it,can we go d embassy wit d same docx we used for d german embassy,

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
The dna center informed me that they sent the result to the US embassy last week friday,and we got our copy on wedsday,so i was expecting it to have gotten to lagos embassy that was why i asked.
Thanks ma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.