Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (678520 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On Oct 27, 2014
angrybird:

@VisaOfficer

Thanks for writing.I'm left wondering now why the officer at the consul told me they'd send a recommendation to have our approval revoked and thus USCIS will contact my Fiancee' the petitioner.

The officer is new to immigrant visas and thought that Ks are handled like other visa categories. Your post provided a training opportunity.

In the meantime like I thought- she's started again with her rants and this time she's coming to Lagos.

If she's coming to see us, please remind her that no one is allowed inside the Consulate without an appointment.

Also, I don't believe my approval may be expired already, If I remember correctly it's been approved for about 2 years now. I think sometime in February 2013 (but I will have to check to be sure). I had the case transferred from the consulate in London to Lagos initially and it took US a bit to find a suitable sponsor for the Affidavit of Support form plus other personal delays not related to this case at all.

What do you reckon be done now if for Instance the USCIS doesn't contact her? Guys I'm honestly in a fix now especially because I can't sleep at nights because of her phone calls & messages on Whatsapp.I believe I may have spoken to at least 30% of the lawyers in the Chicago area already because she keeps sending references, none of them however has a solid Idea on how to proceed in this equation except for requesting some sort of a retainer in the meantime which I think is standard lawyer "WAYO" worldwide.

Can we write USCIS, or perhaps the consulate to request a written reason why the Visa was denied or petition returned for revocation.

I honestly need help, I hate being in a situation that I cannot explain, I wish I had asked more questions at the consulate that day but I was being considerate of the other people who had waited at least 4 hours with me to see an officer.

I wish that I could communicate pertinent Information to you so as to enable you look into your data and advice what should or could be done without breaching any laid down work ethic. Please advice if this is a possibility in any case, then I will have to send you all required Information privately solely because of my business & personal Image.

It sounds like the officer simply wasn't convinced that the two of you have a bona fide fiance relationship -- that is, that you intend to marry within 90 days of your arrival in the U.S. From your Oct. 22 post here, it sounds like he made the right decision. The petitioner is free to file a new petition on your behalf, or the two of you could get married and she could file an I-130.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by eoc4ever: 8:52am On Oct 27, 2014
VisaOfficer:

The petitioner is free to file a new petition on your behalf, or the two of you could get married and she could file an I-130.

Good morning mam,

A quick question based on the above quote. So does it mean you grant more visas to already married couple more than K-1 applicants? Have seen a few of your post stating/advising denied K-1 applicants that they can get married and file l-130.

Like how many times do you send back a specific case file back to USCIS for possible revocation? After a specific case file has been sent back and forth several times, at the worst scenerio, what are your options or decision?

Based on the bona-fide statement always been used/said by the CO at the embassy, it gets people really scared and nervous or paranoid. Because after going thru the long immigration process from USCIS to NVC and then down to the embassy and then the CO under few minutes will make a conclusion that the marriage/relationship is not bona-fide, it really hurts.

Don't you put into considertion the fact that the couple are already married and they have gone thru the process of going thru the civil marriage and traditional marriage, don't you consider that as been bona-fide?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 27, 2014
About the pictures,we hardly av occassions to take pictures cos most times he come around am in the boarding house in skul ,dats why i have very few pictures,can i back it up with phone records and the marriage certificate.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Stevoolahlah(m): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2014
Good morng ma! Pls, if someone applied for visa through dvlottery and the consular issued this to the beneficiary which is the Husband to denied their visa"Section 212(a)(6) C1". What does that mean? Does it mean that the person can never get entry into US again for ever? Pls explain what is meant by that section! Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by flare1: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2014
Soryy vo, I was stong for some days.
She is 29 and engaged, the Wedding is next year.thanks
VisaOfficer:

How old is she and is she married?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
flare1:
Soryy vo, I was stong for some days.
She is 29 and engaged, the Wedding is next year.thanks

If her father is an American citizen, that's visa category F1; if he's a Legal Permanent Resident, that's visa category F2B. Both currently have around a seven year waiting period, so if the priority date is March 2013, she'll likely have her interview in 2020.

She can apply for a B1/B2 visa to attend her brother's wedding, but will only qualify (like all B1/B2 applicants) if she can convince the interviewing officer that she does not intend to use the B1/B2 to immigrate.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
Stevoolahlah:
Good morng ma! Pls, if someone applied for visa through dvlottery and the consular issued this to the beneficiary which is the Husband to denied their visa"Section 212(a)(6) C1". What does that mean? Does it mean that the person can never get entry into US again for ever? Pls explain what is meant by that section! Thanks!

212(a)(6) C1 is an ineligibility for material misrepresentation. Without knowing more about the case, it's impossible to know from what you've written why that ineligibility was entered. The person will need a waiver of the ineligibility if he wishes to receive a visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
VisaOfficer:

The officer is new to immigrant visas and thought that Ks are handled like other visa categories. Your post provided a training opportunity.

Mam, not trying to undermine the proficiency of your guys in anyway but don't you think the fact that this your officer is new to IV might influenced his decision on the above subject matter or subsequent cases he would be handling pending when he's well grounded in the IV section
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
eoc4ever:

Good morning mam,

A quick question based on the above quote. So does it mean you grant more visas to already married couple more than K-1 applicants? Have seen a few of your post stating/advising denied K-1 applicants that they can get married and file l-130.

Yes, we issue more visas to already married couples than to K1 applicants. People who are married tend to have more convincing relationship evidence than people who are engaged, for obvious reasons. Also, we have more married applicants than K1 applicants, so part of the discrepancy is purely numerical.

Like how many times do you send back a specific case file back to USCIS for possible revocation? After a specific case file has been sent back and forth several times, at the worst scenerio, what are your options or decision?

Most cases are only sent back to USCIS once.

Based on the bona-fide statement always been used/said by the CO at the embassy, it gets people really scared and nervous or paranoid. Because after going thru the long immigration process from USCIS to NVC and then down to the embassy and then the CO under few minutes will make a conclusion that the marriage/relationship is not bona-fide, it really hurts.

Don't you put into considertion the fact that the couple are already married and they have gone thru the process of going thru the civil marriage and traditional marriage, don't you consider that as been bona-fide?

Unfortunately we do sometimes see couples who have gone through the various forms of marriage but who have done so SOLELY to obtain an immigration benefit. So having a marriage certificate is not, by itself, enough to obtain a visa. The burden of proof is always on the beneficiary to demonstrate that he or she qualifies and is eligible for the visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
stevewale:

Mam, not trying to undermine the proficiency of your guys in anyway but don't you think the fact that this your officer is new to IV might influenced his decision on the above subject matter or subsequent cases he would be handling pending when he's well grounded in the IV section

We're all new at some point. I review all decisions and I agreed with the officer's reasoning in this case. The only small correction was that he now knows that USCIS generally doesn't contact petitioners in K1 cases if the underlying petition has already expired.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ggeorge: 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2014
VO SIR, My wife who is a Nigerian filed for an Immigrant Visa on behalf last year Feb..before we got married last year Jan.we dated for 6 and a half years, i got my Interview date scheduled for NOV.sir, i would like to know similar Questions asked during this Interview and what are My chances of getting a VISA cos am been curious, Thanks sir.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
ggeorge:
VO SIR, My wife who is a Nigerian filed for an Immigrant Visa on behalf last year Feb..before we got married last year Jan.we dated for 6 and a half years, i got my Interview date scheduled for NOV.sir, i would like to know similar Questions asked during this Interview and what are My chances of getting a VISA cos am been curious, Thanks sir.

Just be ready to tell the truth. For obvious reasons, we don't publish lists of what questions we ask. In fact, we don't even have a list. Every case is different.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by angrybird: 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
VisaOfficer:

If she's coming to see us, please remind her that no one is allowed inside the Consulate without an appointment.

It sounds like the officer simply wasn't convinced that the two of you have a bona fide fiance relationship -- that is, that you intend to marry within 90 days of your arrival in the U.S. From your Oct. 22 post here, it sounds like he made the right decision. The petitioner is free to file a new petition on your behalf, or the two of you could get married and she could file an I-130.

Thanks VO for writing, I am a bit more relieved at least knowing that there will be no contact from the USCIS but still not sure how to proceed.

I have to say a few more things that will help you better understand the situation. I understand from this thread that there's a better chance of obtaining a K3 visa as against a K1 visa on the whole, however we had reasons why we chose getting married in the US against getting married here,of the numerous reasons the most obvious one is:

1. We are of two different family financial backgrounds, we weighed the possibility of Importing her family members as against exporting mine for the wedding, our decision was that it would be easier to achieve exporting my family from here and wherever else they are to the US than bringing hers here. I remember stating this to the officer and even advising that my immediate younger brother was all set to be in the US from the UK this December simply because of us.

My mother, sister and cousins have also signed up on this agreeing to bear the cost of their travel too which would not have been the case if we wanted to bring her family here.

We honestly do not want to have a wedding where our most loved family members would not be able to attend and show their love and support.

Quoting your response "It sounds like the officer simply wasn't convinced that the two of you have a bona fide fiance relationship -- that is, that you intend to marry within 90 days of your arrival in the U.S. From your Oct. 22 post here, it sounds like he made the right decision. The petitioner is free to file a new petition on your behalf, or the two of you could get married and she could file an I-130"

I do not think that anything I said on Oct 22 suggests that we do not have a bona-fide relationship or that we do not Intend to marry within 90 days of my arrival in the US. I remember him asking if we had any marriage plans or wedding date fixed, I told him the truth which was NO, not yet but we are looking at sometime in December.

The truth is, we have deliberated on this so many times I can't remember all of them- the final conclusion was we had 90 days to plan, pick locations,a date,settings and make a list- so why make a blind conclusion even though I had never been in the US? I have to say my relationship with my Fiance' is a very realistic one in which fairy tales are not totally accepted even though they can help one sleep at night,so could he have made a decision based on us not having a fixed date?

Another reference, In the application it says to give an Idea of one's Intended date of travel if one had no plans in place already, that made us think an Idea was good enough Instead of a fixed date which might not be met in the reality of ones circumstance.

I'm thinking again, could it be because I stated on Oct 22 that we initially made a plan based on our circumstance in 2012/2013 but that now that business is better in Nigeria I wanted her to come here Instead? I didn't say this to the Visa officer but I will have to clear this on here so at least if not for my case but for the sake of another as a learning curve. I would expect that of all people a VO should know like they say the only constant thing in life is "change" We "I and my Fiancee" are quite young (She's still in college)and happen to be in a time of our lives where we are still very much struggling to make concrete decisions that will affect the next phase of our lives together.One will assume that every one gets to this point in life when you make this shift from being accountable to yourself alone and now to be accountable to a significant other, especially to think that I will be someone's father (Imagine O!!! me) and possibly their role model It's definitely not EASY!!!. I also stated that haven't argued for a while about our place of domicile in the next few years that I had to model my business "take up unnecessary staff" so as to be able to be in business and at the same time tend to a young family in the US before I applied.

Also, I understand we all learn everyday- but it feels bad being the one to fall into the "LAB RAT" situation, nonetheless I must say that singular decision of refusing my application has put a lot of pressure on my relationship because even though we've barely been together for 3 years, we have a lifetime ahead of us to learn and adjust to our very diverse cultural backgrounds.

Haven't said all this dear VO, It is almost December and will soon be 2 years since I set my eyes on "my lady", do you suggest that I applied for a visit visa in the mean time just so we could be together for a bit considering that the K3 visa might not be the best option as stated above.

Do you think it might seem too desperate in the eyes of a VO?

Are there any other categories that I could apply for, or anything we could do with our last application at this stage?

Will it be of any benefit to our current situation if we booked an appointment at the consulate for when she comes to Lagos?

If we reapplied for the K1, will it take as much time as it took for the last one to be approved, transferred and further transferred?

In closing, I have to say that I appreciate your efforts on here and wish Nigerians had this all along, I suppose that you Volunteer to do this and your team too that you sometimes mention, although there's no way to directly pay you for your efforts but if you are in anyway religious and believe in any GOD whatever his name might be, I pray he rewards you immensely that all you will be able to do is cry for Joy.

BUT DON'T FORGET TO LET US KNOW WHEN YOU ARE BLESSED SO WE CAN CELEBRATE WITH YOU!!!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bucciepie: 6:38pm On Oct 27, 2014
Dear VO,

Can a 2yrs child of a USA (the USC parent has not met the 5 years physical presence required under the Child Citizenship Act 2000) use the form I-864W? or does he need to use the I-864a for his immigrant visa and file for his citizenship through N600 when the whole family move to the USA.

We used N600k for his brothers, but decided that since we a planning to relocate we should use the immigrant visa and process his N600 as the policy requires.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Politico: 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello VO,

The sponsor was called to notify her that there's a change in the beneficiary's interview date. Was skeptical about the news, I actually thought information of that nature would be sent through e-mail by the embassy.

If yes that the embassy truly contact some people about change in interview date, therefore

(1) The date on the interview letter would av been different. Do u suggest the the beneficiary take the old interview latter to the embassy on the new fixed date just like that? Or

(2) The beneficiary 'll need new interview letter. If yes, what do u suggest?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ggeorge: 6:51pm On Oct 27, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Just be ready to tell the truth. For obvious reasons, we don't publish lists of what questions we ask. In fact, we don't even have a list. Every case is different.

Thanks sir
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 28, 2014
VisaOfficer:

They should have everything wrapped up in the next few weeks. It's not likely that they'll have it done this week, but if they do, my deputy will take care of it.

Good Morning,

Has there been any progress made on our case? Can we hope to hear something soon? Thanks

LGS2014618003
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:06am On Oct 28, 2014
kole10:

Good Morning,

Has there been any progress made on our case? Can we hope to hear something soon? Thanks

LGS2014618003

Good morning -- I hear the administrative processing is close to complete. Barring the unforeseen, you should hear from us in a few weeks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:07am On Oct 28, 2014
Politico:
Hello VO,

The sponsor was called to notify her that there's a change in the beneficiary's interview date. Was skeptical about the news, I actually thought information of that nature would be sent through e-mail by the embassy.

If yes that the embassy truly contact some people about change in interview date, therefore

(1) The date on the interview letter would av been different. Do u suggest the the beneficiary take the old interview latter to the embassy on the new fixed date just like that? Or

(2) The beneficiary 'll need new interview letter. If yes, what do u suggest?

Thanks.

We do rely primarily on the phone to contact people. So many people don't have e-mail that using a phone seems to be most reliable. Don't worry about the interview letter in this case; we'll have updated our entry list to reflect the correct date. If you'd like to verify, please feel free to e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:08am On Oct 28, 2014
bucciepie:
Dear VO,

Can a 2yrs child of a USA (the USC parent has not met the 5 years physical presence required under the Child Citizenship Act 2000) use the form I-864W? or does he need to use the I-864a for his immigrant visa and file for his citizenship through N600 when the whole family move to the USA.

We used N600k for his brothers, but decided that since we a planning to relocate we should use the immigrant visa and process his N600 as the policy requires.

Thank you.

If it's an IR2 under the age of 18, you can use the I-864W. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:17am On Oct 28, 2014
angrybird:

.... Haven't said all this dear VO, It is almost December and will soon be 2 years since I set my eyes on "my lady", do you suggest that I applied for a visit visa in the mean time just so we could be together for a bit considering that the K3 visa might not be the best option as stated above.

Do you think it might seem too desperate in the eyes of a VO?

Are there any other categories that I could apply for, or anything we could do with our last application at this stage?

Will it be of any benefit to our current situation if we booked an appointment at the consulate for when she comes to Lagos?

If we reapplied for the K1, will it take as much time as it took for the last one to be approved, transferred and further transferred?

In closing, I have to say that I appreciate your efforts on here and wish Nigerians had this all along, I suppose that you Volunteer to do this and your team too that you sometimes mention, although there's no way to directly pay you for your efforts but if you are in anyway religious and believe in any GOD whatever his name might be, I pray he rewards you immensely that all you will be able to do is cry for Joy.

BUT DON'T FORGET TO LET US KNOW WHEN YOU ARE BLESSED SO WE CAN CELEBRATE WITH YOU!!!

Good morning,

It is going to be more difficult for you to qualify for a non-immigrant visa, now that you have a K1 sent back for revocation in our records. Difficult, but not impossible. You're certainly free to apply.

Due to our caseload, there is no way for people to book an appointment here if there's no active case. Because you don't have an active case here at the moment, you wouldn't be able to book an appointment.

Any new petition filed will take approximately the same amount of time to process as the previous petition.

Thank you for your kind words!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bucciepie: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2014
VisaOfficer:

If it's an IR2 under the age of 18, you can use the I-864W. smiley

Thank you for your response.

NVC is currently insisting that I use the I-864W for my son. My Wife's case has been complete but they have refused to close my son's case until I use the I864W instead of the I864a that we used ( based on the eligibility issue that i mentioned in my previous post).

NVC's argument is that they have a checklist from US Embassy in Lagos and on the list it is a must for a biological child of a USC to use I864W ( which I find ridiculous since it is an exemption form) I don't see why people should be required to request for an exemption by force.

The painful part of this is that NVC's workload is a lot currently and will add another 60days before they act on my mail to them that I would rather use the I-864a or the response to the checklist for I864W.

Is it appropriate to forward my initial mail to NVC requesting for the use of the already summited I-864a for my son to your office in Lagos.
I will appreciate if Lagos can advise on confirm to NVC that it is okay to proceed with form I864a.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:02am On Oct 28, 2014
bucciepie:

Thank you for your response.

NVC is currently insisting that I use the I-864W for my son. My Wife's case has been complete but they have refused to close my son's case until I use the I864W instead of the I864a that we used ( based on the eligibility issue that i mentioned in my previous post).

NVC's argument is that they have a checklist from US Embassy in Lagos and on the list it is a must for a biological child of a USC to use I864W ( which I find ridiculous since it is an exemption form) I don't see why people should be required to request for an exemption by force.

The painful part of this is that NVC's workload is a lot currently and will add another 60days before they act on my mail to them that I would rather use the I-864a or the response to the checklist for I864W.

Is it appropriate to forward my initial mail to NVC requesting for the use of the already summited I-864a for my son to your office in Lagos.
I will appreciate if Lagos can advise on confirm to NVC that it is okay to proceed with form I864a.

Thank you

Well, the I-864a isn't the right form, so I'd advise you to file the I-864W as requested.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hello VO, I applied for a J-1 work and travel visa which I was actually denied...When I was filling the form before my Interview..I was asked if I have any relative in the States, I said No..Whereas my brother is in America and hes gonna get his green card next early next year...I was also asked how many siblings I have, I said 3 instead of four..I had to exclude my brother in the States because I heard in some forum that its better not to tell the Embassy u have relatives abroad..Now the question is, My brother in the States is planning on sending me an Invitation ....Do you think this will affect my visa issuance? If yes. How can this error be rectified?

I now feel so sorry for being insincere
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
togsonkaks:
Hello VO, I applied for a J-1 work and travel visa which I was actually denied...When I was filling the form before my Interview..I was asked if I have any relative in the States, I said No..Whereas my brother is in America and hes gonna get his green card next early next year...I was also asked how many siblings I have, I said 3 instead of four..I had to exclude my brother in the States because I heard in some forum that its better not to tell the Embassy u have relatives abroad..Now the question is, My brother in the States is planning on sending me an Invitation ....Do you think this will affect my visa issuance? If yes. How can this error be rectified?

I now feel so sorry for being insincere

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . Honesty is always the best policy....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bucciepie: 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Well, the I-864a isn't the right form, so I'd advise you to file the I-864W as requested.

I will do so. Thank you.

I wanted to be sure that we are not waiting for another 60 days only to be told that due to the 5years physical requirement, the form doesn't apply to him.

Thank you for your help here.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Politico: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
VisaOfficer:

We do rely primarily on the phone to contact people. So many people don't have e-mail that using a phone seems to be most reliable. Don't worry about the interview letter in this case; we'll have updated our entry list to reflect the correct date. If you'd like to verify, please feel free to e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov.
Thanks VO, out of curiosity, the beneficiary thinks it'll be proper if its made official than just verbal. Thanks for helping out.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
@VO

You're doing a great job here so far. Please I will like to know the steps to be taken for the two birds who are deeply in love and would like to get married? The male is a Nigerian while the female is an American.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
GolfingDiva:
@VO

You're doing a great job here so far. Please I will like to know the steps to be taken for the two birds who are deeply in love and would like to get married? The male is a Nigerian while the female is an American.

That is a beautiful image. smiley I can't really tell you about how to get married; I can only help with visa information. If you plan to get married in the U.S., the petitioner should file the I-129F. If you plan to get married in Nigeria, after the marriage the petitioner should file the I-130. http://www.uscis.gov/ and http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family.html have more information.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
VisaOfficer:

That is a beautiful image. smiley I can't really tell you about how to get married; I can only help with visa information. If you plan to get married in the U.S., the petitioner should file the I-129F. If you plan to get married in Nigeria, after the marriage the petitioner should file the I-130. http://www.uscis.gov/ and http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family.html have more information.
Thanks a lot. It's really heart-warming hearing from you. Take care and have a great day. cheesy
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
@VO

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonyphil: 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Shoot us an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov and mention Nairaland (so it gets forwarded appropriately), and I'll generate a copy of the letter you should have received.

The best way to accelerate the process is to make sure all necessary documents are submitted to USCIS along with the I-130!
Hello VO,
Tanks for helpin to generate d report...I appreciate..I see u ar as active as ever...hopin you will continue ur good work for a long time to come...
My wife is in d country so we can perform d registry. Due to d short duration of her stay (just 4 days) I opted to have us do the registry ceremony in lagos instead of benin wher I reside and due to d closeness to wher we put up in lagos I registered for the wedding at festac registry..
Fast forward to this morning..a friend calls me to tell me that the US embassy only recognise certificates from Ikoyi registry so I should go there to register...it was a very laughable suggestion/observation...but out of curiosity and to educate d public and also to hear from "the horses" mouth..am posin d question to u..does it matter wher I do my registry marriage?

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.