Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (680054 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:37am On Jan 13, 2015
pambenjay:
Good morning ma,yesterday I was called to summit my passport at the DHL office in VI,but wen I got there this morning they didn't collect it,they said the embassy is supose to giv me a former that says that,ma please help me what wil I do next.

Our negotiations with the DHL collection center are ongoing -- we're trying to set it up so people don't have to come to the Consulate unless they really need to see an officer. Sorry about the inconvenience. In the meantime, please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov and ask to drop off your passport here at the Consulate.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pambenjay: 10:52am On Jan 13, 2015
I am on my way to the embassy ma,can I go there to drop,because they advice me at the DHL office to go to the embassy to collect the forms ma,please ma what will I do,lagosiv.state.gov sent me a mail also yesterday to drop my passport at the dhl,so now I don't no Wat to do,but I am on my way to the embassy if they will giv me the forms or tell me what next to do.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:43am On Jan 13, 2015
pambenjay:
I am on my way to the embassy ma,can I go there to drop,because they advice me at the DHL office to go to the embassy to collect the forms ma,please ma what will I do,lagosiv.state.gov sent me a mail also yesterday to drop my passport at the dhl,so now I don't no Wat to do,but I am on my way to the embassy if they will giv me the forms or tell me what next to do.

We only see drop-off cases on Fridays (and some Thursdays).

Please either e-mail LagosIV@state.gov and explain the problem so they can issue you and invitation to come on a Friday, or use the Word doc attached here to submit your passport to DHL.

Again, my apologies. We are actively working to resolve this issue.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mesef(f): 11:51am On Jan 13, 2015
Hello,I will like to attend my grandma's 90th birthday later in d year n want to apply for a visiting visa.i have budding business(2yrs old n doing well) and I am married(court). Although I won't be going with my husband but with his consent.i have never applied for a passport before talk less of visa anywhere before.. pls What are my chances?thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pambenjay: 12:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ma I don't understand what you mean by,i should use the word document attach here,I already sent them a mail,thk you ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
mesef:
Hello,I will like to attend my grandma's 90th birthday later in d year n want to apply for a visiting visa.i have budding business(2yrs old n doing well) and I am married(court). Although I won't be going with my husband but with his consent.i have never applied for a passport before talk less of visa anywhere before.. pls What are my chances?thanks.

This is a question for my non-immigrant colleagues -- but we never comment on an individual applicant's "chances."

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
pambenjay:
Ma I don't understand what you mean by,i should use the word document attach here,I already sent them a mail,thk you ma

It's up to you -- you can either wait for us to send you an e-mail inviting you to come on a Friday, or you can use the attached Word document to go ahead and submit to the DHL collection center.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pambenjay: 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ok ma,i showed them the email embassy sent to me to drop my passport in there office and they said that is not the form and that the embassy is supose to tell me to summit the passport at the embassy not there,i have emailed the embassy already,i will wait for them to tell me the next thing to do,thk you ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
pambenjay:
Ok ma,i showed them the email embassy sent to me to drop my passport in there office and they said that is not the form and that the embassy is supose to tell me to summit the passport at the embassy not there,i have emailed the embassy already,i will wait for them to tell me the next thing to do,thk you ma.

OH REALLY. ~VisaOfficer reaches for the phone to have a long conversation with DHL~

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pambenjay: 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
Gdafternoon ma,i just saw the document you sent to me,i filled it and went back to DHL office to summit our passport,i was told to check back 5 to 10 working days,thk u very much ma,i am very grateful,i wil alsp let lagosiv@state.gov knows that I have summit ed my passport so they won't invite me to the embassy on a Friday again,thks and God will continue to bless you.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onuzulikenma(f): 3:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
Good day ma pls I have an interview scheduled on 22 January pls can u help me know if my documents arrived the embassy, lgs2014724019, thanks you and am looking forward to see u soon.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by JASM: 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
Good Morning VisaOfficer,

This is just a quick question regarding Police Certificates. I am inquiring for someone who has an interview scheduled in February - immigrant based visa (IR2 I believe). The police certificate was obtained in November of last year and the certificate states it will expire 3 months after being issued, which would be prior to the person's interview date. However, the letter received from the NVC states that the police certificate must have been issued less than 1 year ago. Will the embassy accept the beneficiaries police certificate since it was issued less than a year ago, or will she need to obtain a new one prior to the interview? Thank you for clarifying this for us smiley .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2015
Good day Ma. We have filled our forms and submitted; sent an email to lagosIV scheduling stating we will prefer dates between the 26th and 30th of this month but haven't gotten a response yet. Was wondering if there's any other thing we need to do, as regards our police report and medicals do we need to send them to you or bring them to the interview with us. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mogzy(m): 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2015
Dearest VO,
Happy new year to you and everybody in the forum. my Wife has got an interview for the Jan 22nd as F2A. Thanks for your advise to petition for her even as a new LPR then. As part of the documents for her to present at the embassy, I have got just one W-2 (2013) my would be second W-2 (2014) wont be out until end of January after the interview, question is will my pay stub or statement of account suffice or both. Please what would you recommend.I remember sending 6 months pay stubs to NVC.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by LUCAS99: 8:51am On Jan 14, 2015
VisaOfficer:

As their auto-reply states, they will respond to your inquiry within two business days.
I received an e-mail this morning stating
"Thank you for your email, your concerns are noted". Please can you explain what this actually means.
Does this mean that my International passport, endorsed valid I-20, original transcript and other supporting documentation which was submitted together with my F-1 Student Visa Renewal application on my behalf through the Drop Box Visa Renewal Program at the U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria has been returned to the GSS Document Collection Center DHL, 82 Trans Amadi – Ellah Estate, by Bewac Junction Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

Please can you at least give me a specific date when my documents would be ready for pickup at the GSS Document Collection Center DHL, 82 Trans Amadi – Ellah Estate, by Bewac Junction Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

My Humble Submission,

Prince Egu Uduka.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iamoluwafemi: 10:02am On Jan 14, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Please e-mail LagosIVscheduling@state.gov and request an earlier appointment. It may not be possible to give you an earlier appointment, however; for instance, we're already overscheduled on Jan. 16.

Good day ma,
Thank you for all the assistance, we will forever be grateful! There is just something I would like to draw your attention to since I submitted the contact sheet in person, I have not heard from the embassy in regards to that. We were thinking we should have received a mail acknowledge the receipt of that document (the contact sheet), just like we received from USCIS/NVC, the NOA1 = (Notice of Receipt of our petition) We know the process takes time! We just want to be sure everything is in order so the waiting period can begins! Are we going to receive a mail in this regards? We just don't know, we just want to be sure.

Thank you and God bless you forever.
LGS2014572028, LGS2014625024 and LGS2014625026

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:13am On Jan 14, 2015
LUCAS99:
I received an e-mail this morning stating
"Thank you for your email, your concerns are noted". Please can you explain what this actually means.
Does this mean that my International passport, endorsed valid I-20, original transcript and other supporting documentation which was submitted together with my F-1 Student Visa Renewal application on my behalf through the Drop Box Visa Renewal Program at the U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria has been returned to the GSS Document Collection Center DHL, 82 Trans Amadi – Ellah Estate, by Bewac Junction Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

Please can you at least give me a specific date when my documents would be ready for pickup at the GSS Document Collection Center DHL, 82 Trans Amadi – Ellah Estate, by Bewac Junction Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

My Humble Submission,

Prince Egu Uduka.

Please reply to the e-mail you received with these questions. I don't work on the non-immigrant visa side and can't speak for them. Communicating with LagosNIV@state.gov through Nairaland, instead of e-mailing them directly, will only slow things down.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:15am On Jan 14, 2015
mogzy:
Dearest VO,
Happy new year to you and everybody in the forum. my Wife has got an interview for the Jan 22nd as F2A. Thanks for your advise to petition for her even as a new LPR then. As part of the documents for her to present at the embassy, I have got just one W-2 (2013) my would be second W-2 (2014) wont be out until end of January after the interview, question is will my pay stub or statement of account suffice or both. Please what would you recommend.I remember sending 6 months pay stubs to NVC.
Thanks

Greetings! We generally request three years of tax returns, but if you don't have them, as long as your pay stubs indicate that you have sufficient income, you should be fine. A letter from your employer would be helpful. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:17am On Jan 14, 2015
onyiblanche:
Good day Ma. We have filled our forms and submitted; sent an email to lagosIV scheduling stating we will prefer dates between the 26th and 30th of this month but haven't gotten a response yet. Was wondering if there's any other thing we need to do, as regards our police report and medicals do we need to send them to you or bring them to the interview with us. Thanks.

You should hear from LagosIVscheduling soon. Please bring the police certificates and medical paperwork with you to the interview. See you soon!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:19am On Jan 14, 2015
JASM:
Good Morning VisaOfficer,

This is just a quick question regarding Police Certificates. I am inquiring for someone who has an interview scheduled in February - immigrant based visa (IR2 I believe). The police certificate was obtained in November of last year and the certificate states it will expire 3 months after being issued, which would be prior to the person's interview date. However, the letter received from the NVC states that the police certificate must have been issued less than 1 year ago. Will the embassy accept the beneficiaries police certificate since it was issued less than a year ago, or will she need to obtain a new one prior to the interview? Thank you for clarifying this for us smiley .

For our purposes, the police certificates are valid for one year from the date of issuance. So it sounds like your friend won't need a new one. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:20am On Jan 14, 2015
onuzulikenma:
Good day ma pls I have an interview scheduled on 22 January pls can u help me know if my documents arrived the embassy, lgs2014724019, thanks you and am looking forward to see u soon.

We've received the case from NVC. Any other documents should be submitted at the time of the interview. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
VisaOfficer:

You should hear from LagosIVscheduling soon. Please bring the police certificates and medical paperwork with you to the interview. See you soon!

Thank you, always a delight to hear from you Ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onuzulikenma(f): 1:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
VisaOfficer:

We've received the case from NVC. Any other documents should be submitted at the time of the interview. Thanks!

OK MA thanks alot
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mogzy(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! We generally request three years of tax returns, but if you don't have them, as long as your pay stubs indicate that you have sufficient income, you should be fine. A letter from your employer would be helpful. Good luck!

Dear V.O,

Please for clarification, do you mean a special letter from my employer OR my initial offer letter for the job. Also is my bank statement of account necessary at all??

Thank you Sir/Ma'm
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mogzy(m): 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
VisaOfficer:

For our purposes, the police certificates are valid for one year from the date of issuance. So it sounds like your friend won't need a new one. smiley

This also applies to my Wife's case, we were just planning to go and get another Police certificate. Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by JASM: 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Thank you very much for clarifying this. Have a blessed week smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
mogzy:

Dear V.O,

Please for clarification, do you mean a special letter from my employer OR my initial offer letter for the job. Also is my bank statement of account necessary at all??

Thank you Sir/Ma'm

If you don't have three years of tax documents to show, the more documentation you can provide, the better. If the initial offer letter includes your current income, that would be very useful! The bank account statement isn't necessary but could help support the other documents if you can include it.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olubabajide(m): 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
Dear CO.
Pls I will need your advice. I went for interview today and I was denied. The fact is that my fiancee is inviting me for a short visit in other to do some shopping together and go get the wedding ring together and the wedding is lated to hold in couple of months.
She only have the green card not yet citizen.
But the conslar was telling me that she should have filed a fiance visa for me and was I showed her a photo copy of her green card and try to explain to her that she hasn't got citizen.....you know then now. They won't just listen to me again.

In this case CO, what do u think I can do and we still had our vacation togther in Dubai this last xmas. And after our marriage, what kind of visa can I apply for even when she haven't got her citizen.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:12am On Jan 15, 2015
olubabajide:
Dear CO.
Pls I will need your advice. I went for interview today and I was denied. The fact is that my fiancee is inviting me for a short visit in other to do some shopping together and go get the wedding ring together and the wedding is lated to hold in couple of months.
She only have the green card not yet citizen.
But the conslar was telling me that she should have filed a fiance visa for me and was I showed her a photo copy of her green card and try to explain to her that she hasn't got citizen.....you know then now. They won't just listen to me again.

In this case CO, what do u think I can do and we still had our vacation togther in Dubai this last xmas. And after our marriage, what kind of visa can I apply for even when she haven't got her citizen.

Thanks

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . But it is going to be difficult to overcome the presumption that you're an intending immigrant -- especially as your fiance, as an LPR, can't file the I-129F on your behalf. It's possible that you're not going to be able to qualify for a non-immigrant visa.

After your marriage, she can file the I-130 for you as the spouse of an LPR.

Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 15, 2015
Goodmorning VO, hope the morning is going smoothly? I will need you to advice us please. The section where we are to list our dependents in the form I-134, my fiance listed me as wholly dependent although it should have been "none". He has no dependents. But it was approved by TSC and NVC.
Now we are preparing another affidavit of support, do we leave that section as it is supposed to be "none" or do we go ahead and fill it out like the initial form in our file? Please advice, thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:47am On Jan 15, 2015
Euma:
Goodmorning VO, hope the morning is going smoothly? I will need you to advice us please. The section where we are to list our dependents in the form I-134, my fiance listed me as wholly dependent although it should have been "none". He has no dependents. But it was approved by TSC and NVC.
Now we are preparing another affidavit of support, do we leave that section as it is supposed to be "none" or do we go ahead and fill it out like the initial form in our file? Please advice, thank you.

Sounds like you can go ahead and list "none." The officer might ask you who your fiance's dependent is; you can just explain if that happens.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.