Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (680080 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dfirstK: 10:51am On Jan 15, 2015
Hello MA,
Thanks for all your help and Advice you have been given to us here, now its my turn
I really need ur advice
Have been working with my company since 2012 then I was employed as an IT Engineer, and of resent i got a letter that I should try a folder my Education and bring a Degree of Bsc in their they advice me to try and study Abroad in other to again more knowledge on my field, where in the State can you advice me to go for my field of study CIVIL ENGINEERING. And what are the steps to take in other to gain Admission and Visa @ the Embassy...wait to read from you Soon Ma.
Thank Regards.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:27am On Jan 15, 2015
dfirstK:
Hello MA,
Thanks for all your help and Advice you have been given to us here, now its my turn
I really need ur advice
Have been working with my company since 2012 then I was employed as an IT Engineer, and of resent i got a letter that I should try a folder my Education and bring a Degree of Bsc in their they advice me to try and study Abroad in other to again more knowledge on my field, where in the State can you advice me to go for my field of study CIVIL ENGINEERING. And what are the steps to take in other to gain Admission and Visa @ the Embassy...wait to read from you Soon Ma.
Thank Regards.

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nishan2012: 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
hello.. sir.. i am the winner of DV2015.
there is a problem . when i
submit the application at that time i
uploaded the photo which was in
sky blue background. what will happen during interview?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
nishan2012:
hello.. sir.. i am the winner of DV2015.
there is a problem . when i
submit the application at that time i
uploaded the photo which was in
sky blue background. what will happen during interview?

We'll request a new photo at the time of your interview. Thanks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nishan2012: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
is this normal.. ??
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by godfather007: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
OMG ! You've mentioned it being a problem showing that you're aware its not normal but you still ask is this normal If you think its normal then bring another one with a sky blue background to your interview LOL...

No Offense oooo ahhhh

God continue to bless you for your selfless service C.O

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nishan2012: 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
lol ..i think.. there is no chances .. there are many other website say that. there is no chances of approved visa if the image requirments is faild soo..
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
nishan2012:
lol ..i think.. there is no chances .. there are many other website say that. there is no chances of approved visa if the image requirments is faild soo..

Actually, as long as you're the person in the original photo, we'd go ahead and issue if you otherwise qualified. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Sounds like you can go ahead and list "none." The officer might ask you who your fiance's dependent is; you can just explain if that happens.

Thank you Ma'am.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by veecee29: 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2015
My amiable Vo,
I have yet another question.
Assuming i received a CR1 visa when our marriage was just a year and seven months,and i entered U.S four months later(that is,when our marriage clocked 2years and one month),will i be issued a the 2years conditional green card or the 10 year green card?
Thanks in anticipation of your response.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iuliiak: 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hi Officer,

I have a question to you. I'm a green card holder (temporary green card). My mom was denied in US visa in august of 2014. The reason was that I (her daughter) came to US with B1/B2 visa and when got married, so I've changed my immigrant status. When my mom can apply for tourist visa again? she has no intention to stay there and she has a strong connection with job (she has been working 25 years in her company), she is married and she has her mom who needs care. All of that was approved by docs and invitation to spent her vacation with me and my husband.
Or US embassy/government just punish me for entering this country and I can see my parents after I receive my citizenship or visit my country?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:46am On Jan 16, 2015
veecee29:
My amiable Vo,
I have yet another question.
Assuming i received a CR1 visa when our marriage was just a year and seven months,and i entered U.S four months later(that is,when our marriage clocked 2years and one month),will i be issued a the 2years conditional green card or the 10 year green card?
Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Your status will be conditional, because your visa was issued before your second anniversary.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2015
iuliiak:
Hi Officer,

I have a question to you. I'm a green card holder (temporary green card). My mom was denied in US visa in august of 2014. The reason was that I (her daughter) came to US with B1/B2 visa and when got married, so I've changed my immigrant status. When my mom can apply for tourist visa again? she has no intention to stay there and she has a strong connection with job (she has been working 25 years in her company), she is married and she has her mom who needs care. All of that was approved by docs and invitation to spent her vacation with me and my husband.
Or US embassy/government just punish me for entering this country and I can see my parents after I receive my citizenship or visit my country?

Thank you.

These are technically questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . But based on what you've written, it's not punishment; it's a sound decision by the Consular officer.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rastery: 9:55am On Jan 16, 2015
Good morning@visa officer,thanks for your good work ,pls ma there is a great challenge am facing now I am a selectee of dv2015 from benin republic of both parents but was born in Nigeria and grew up here,while preparing to fill the DS 260 form which I started filling last year but when I got to a stage I couldn't proceed due to the requirement of passport I D which I don't have at that time,so I went to benin rep to start the processing which now unravelled somethings which I will need your advice ma,I discovered when I got to benin that I am bearing my grand fathers name here in Nigeria but on my fathers docs he is bearing his own grandfathers name which is different from mine, I was told that I can't get a passport cos am not bearing the general family's name instead I was only using my own grandfathers name. I then explained to them with the proof of document that my grandfathers name is what my father adopt to use in Nigeria.since july last year I have been on this issue and I went to court de appeal cotonou and was told that nothing could be done except I adopt the general family's name in addition to my original name. Meanwhile the name I used in applying before being selected is the one on my certificates and even on the email sent to me,my question is this ma,should I eventually adopt the name in addition to my original name will it thwart all my effort since 2013? Or what will the embassy have me do? Cos without me adopting that name to the name I use presently I can't be given a passport, your advice at this present time will be a lifesaver because I am not doing this because of the present moment but for posterity's sake all my 3 younger ones also has this problem of name!! I will anticipate ur reply with great diligence ma!.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:35am On Jan 16, 2015
rastery:
Good morning@visa officer,thanks for your good work ,pls ma there is a great challenge am facing now I am a selectee of dv2015 from benin republic of both parents but was born in Nigeria and grew up here,while preparing to fill the DS 260 form which I started filling last year but when I got to a stage I couldn't proceed due to the requirement of passport I D which I don't have at that time,so I went to benin rep to start the processing which now unravelled somethings which I will need your advice ma,I discovered when I got to benin that I am bearing my grand fathers name here in Nigeria but on my fathers docs he is bearing his own grandfathers name which is different from mine, I was told that I can't get a passport cos am not bearing the general family's name instead I was only using my own grandfathers name. I then explained to them with the proof of document that my grandfathers name is what my father adopt to use in Nigeria.since july last year I have been on this issue and I went to court de appeal cotonou and was told that nothing could be done except I adopt the general family's name in addition to my original name. Meanwhile the name I used in applying before being selected is the one on my certificates and even on the email sent to me,my question is this ma,should I eventually adopt the name in addition to my original name will it thwart all my effort since 2013? Or what will the embassy have me do? Cos without me adopting that name to the name I use presently I can't be given a passport, your advice at this present time will be a lifesaver because I am not doing this because of the present moment but for posterity's sake all my 3 younger ones also has this problem of name!! I will anticipate ur reply with great diligence ma!.

I can't advise you on Nigerian passport issues, sorry.

May I ask, why were your parents in Nigeria at the time of your birth?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rastery: 10:47am On Jan 16, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I can't advise you on Nigerian passport issues, sorry.

May I ask, why were your parents in Nigeria at the time of your birth?
am not talking about Nigerian passport here ma since I went to Nigerian immigration and I was told that I was only born in Nigeria am not a citizen since both parents of mine are not Nigerian,its the beninois passport, they are workers here and they still lives in Nigeria but we have a family house in benin rep
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 10:55am On Jan 16, 2015
Good morning ma.hope you are doing great. Pls we are yet to hear from LagosIVscheduling. We are so sorry for the pressure. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mondayutum(m): 10:57am On Jan 16, 2015
I got the visa thanks vo I sincerely appreciate your help. Its official am welcoming myself welcome to america mr monday lol am so excited my wife can't sleep she is happy her man is coming home

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:48am On Jan 16, 2015
onyiblanche:
Good morning ma.hope you are doing great. Pls we are yet to hear from LagosIVscheduling. We are so sorry for the pressure. Thanks.

That wasn't pressure... you should see what we consider pressure.... cool

You and your family are scheduled for interviews on Friday, Jan. 30, 2015, at 07:00. Your names will be on the entrance list. Please bring your confirmation pages, birth & marriage certificates, police certificates, medical reports, whatever you were asked to bring.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pambenjay: 11:57am On Jan 16, 2015
Gd morning ma,ma yesterday our visa status was changed from AP to ready,only for me to check it nw and it as gone back to AP and our passport as been summited hope no problem ma,LGS2014597022 and LGS2014555019
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
pambenjay:
Gd morning ma,ma yesterday our visa status was changed from AP to ready,only for me to check it nw and it as gone back to AP and our passport as been summited hope no problem ma,LGS2014597022 and LGS2014555019

Looks like the visas have been printed -- I don't know why you're seeing AP. It must be a computer glitch.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pambenjay: 12:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
Ok ma,thk you very much ma and God almighty will continue to bless you and make you happy just as I am very happy and dancing right now.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Badgers14: 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
GoodMorning Ma,
How's your day going so far?
I checked the status of our case on ceac.state.gov and status was updated yesterday the 15th though still in AP, does that mean we are closer to the finish line.
Thanks and have a great weekend.
LGS2014696014
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
Badgers14:
GoodMorning Ma,
How's your day going so far?
I checked the status of our case on ceac.state.gov and status was updated yesterday the 15th though still in AP, does that mean we are closer to the finish line.
Thanks and have a great weekend.
LGS2014696014

You are likely correct in that assumption, yes.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Jchi9876: 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Your status will be conditional, because your visa was issued before your second anniversary.

Why does our VO keep getting this wrong!!!!

"Correction of endorsement on immigrant visa . If the alien is subject to the provisions of section 216 of the Act, but the classification endorsed on the immigrant visa does not so indicate, the endorsement shall be corrected and the alien shall be admitted as a lawful permanent resident on a conditional basis, if otherwise admissible. Conversely, if the alien is not subject to the provisions of section 216 of the Act, but the visa classification endorsed on the immigrant visa indicates that the alien is subject thereto (e.g., if the second anniversary of the marriage upon which the immigrant visa is based occurred after the issuance of the visa and prior to the alien's application for admission) the endorsement on the visa shall be corrected and the alien shall be admitted as a lawful permanent resident without conditions, if otherwise admissible"

In actual and legal sense if your anniversary is less than two years upon visa approval you get a CR1 and upon entry into the USA within same time frame you get a two year conditional.
However if upon entry into the USA after second aniversary holder automatically gets bumped to permanent status.

Its also an irony that applicants upon getting this visa no longer seem so in a "hurry" to be with spouse anymore and would rather wait to get bumped shocked
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
Dear VO,

I submitted an email for a status update and I was informed to no longer email for update. I was not aware that we are not allowed to ask for an update. I guess I have become a bother, but to be honest my husband and I have been waiting more than the 60 days for something to happen on our case only to be told we can no longer even ask. I don't want to upset the embassy, but I cant lie and say that we miss each other and this process is becoming brutal. Maybe we seem desperate to others, but I must be honest that I don't see why we must endure this AP process and continue to delay our lives together. My mother is beginning to have more health problems and I had to take her to the Emergency Room the other night. Please have I don't something wrong when we were told after 60 days we can submit a request? Plus I was informed this could take several weeks and I am now being told several months. I have not seen my husband for 26 months and I want to visit him but I am scared to leave my mother because I am her caretaker and I am also caring for a woman who just lost her husband to a stroke whom I used to take care of before I started working with disabled at Easter Seals. Please any advice?

I apologize if I have upset anyone, it is not my intention, but yes I am desperate, as someone told me recently, to be with my husband whom I love dearly. This process is killing us and stressing us, but I can guarantee we won't give up. We are just asking for some sense of relief to be able to relax some. I cry every day and have been since before Christmas.

Thanks

Nalacandi
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Badgers14: 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
VisaOfficer:

You are likely correct in that assumption, yes.

Thank you Ma.

I guess she should start dusting her luggages.lol
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by amarachi007: 9:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
VisaOfficer:

This is incorrect. If you've been married for at least two years on the day you POE (enter the US) then you will receive an unconditional ten year green card. You should travel with a certified copy of your marriage certificate, and remind CBP of this fact when they process you at Secondary.

http://travel.state....elative.html#12

"If you have been married for less than two years when your foreign citizen spouse enters the United States on an immigrant visa, his or her permanent resident status is considered “conditional.”"

http://www.uscis.gov...-based-marriage

"Your permanent residence status is conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than 2 years old on the day you were given permanent residence. You are given conditional resident status on the day you are lawfully admitted to the United States on an immigrant visa or adjustment of your status to permanent residence."
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by noberu10: 11:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Thanks. I'll discuss it with our investigators next week.

We thank you for taking the time to look into this. Just wanted to touch base and see if you received it and had a chance to review the evidence?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by johnkent(m): 12:39am On Jan 17, 2015
Hi,
While filling out the DS-160, I had indicated that I'll be attending the interview at the embassy in Lagos but I decided to schedule the interview at the Abuja embassy because it was more convenient for me. Is it okay to use the DS-160 even though it says lagos embassy on the DS-160 confirmation page.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onyiblanche: 4:42am On Jan 17, 2015
VisaOfficer:

That wasn't pressure... you should see what we consider pressure.... cool

You and your family are scheduled for interviews on Friday, Jan. 30, 2015, at 07:00. Your names will be on the entrance list. Please bring your confirmation pages, birth & marriage certificates, police certificates, medical reports, whatever you were asked to bring.

Good morning Ma. Thank you very much, we are very grateful.have a splendid day
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ayinba1(f): 11:48am On Jan 17, 2015
VO

RE: Returning Resident Visa

I was informed that my father's application has been approved. He is to return for passport pick up in a week.
I want to thank you for all the directions and feedback that you provided.

Have a great year smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.