Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,694 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677701 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pambenjay: 8:45am On Jan 20, 2015
Gd morning ma,our passport as been summited last week Tuesday and I am supose to collect it 2day,but when I checked ceac it's still on AP and not issued,i don't no if it's already in the collection office or not,pls ma what will I do?our case number is lgs2014555019 and lgs2014597022,thk you ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mabor: 9:11am On Jan 20, 2015
Good morning.Please I am new to this forum. My husband have been in administrative processing since March 2014' pls I need to know when we can move forward. Its hard to be in a limbo. Lgs2013683024. Please help me.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pambenjay: 9:26am On Jan 20, 2015
Ma,i even called the collection center now and they said they have not received it,i am worried now because we intent leaving month end before our medical expires.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2015
pambenjay:
Ma,i even called the collection center now and they said they have not received it,i am worried now because we intent leaving month end before our medical expires.

Looks like there was a printing delay, but they should be printed today or tomorrow.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by noberu10: 10:28am On Jan 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'll follow up with our investigators. That said, it was clear to me that the letter you provided was inconclusive. It said "We will look into this," not "Oh yes, we have in fact verified that your divorce decree was issued by our office, and here is the proof." In the meantime, the case is being handled like any other case with a fraudulent divorce decree: The petition has been returned to USCIS. If you can provide convincing evidence that the divorce decree is genuine, we can recall the petition and keep going, but at this point we've had no reason to alter our processing of the case.

Thanks for your reply. So would the "certified true copies" as the letter stated, suffice as convincing enough evidence to recall the petition and keep going?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:43am On Jan 20, 2015
noberu10:

Thanks for your reply. So would the "certified true copies" as the letter stated, suffice as convincing enough evidence to recall the petition and keep going?

I can't answer that without seeing the documents. When you have them, please forward them to us.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by molaimol: 10:47am On Jan 20, 2015
hello officer, pls i need some help i have a cousin in usa who is a us citizen and he is planning to invite me
for an invitation but we both don`t know what steps to take,please advise thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by printemps: 10:57am On Jan 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Thank you for this information. We do not need to speak with the petitioner at this time.

Thank you madam for your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:28am On Jan 20, 2015
molaimol:
hello officer, pls i need some help i have a cousin in usa who is a us citizen and he is planning to invite me
for an invitation but we both don`t know what steps to take,please advise thanks

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2015
mabor:
Good morning.Please I am new to this forum. My husband have been in administrative processing since March 2014' pls I need to know when we can move forward. Its hard to be in a limbo. Lgs2013683024. Please help me.

Thanks. I'm checking up on the case. If we have an update I'll let you know.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by odunz80(m): 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
ENJOYING THE THREAD

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Dear VO,

I called the customer service as you directed and the very helpful lady directed me on what to do. However, I received a reply from LagosIV that says that I will not be able to attend the visa interview if the DS-160 in the appointment does not match my confirmation print out.
Please advice me on how to edit my data so I can enter the correct DS-160 number. Because I went ahead to pay another visa fee this morning after my visa fee transaction reference became invalid. And when I tried to make a new application, there was no option to change the DS-160 number and the same old DS-160 confirmation number appeared on the print out. I have canceled the appointment as the customer service agent instructed. And I am now waiting for your help.
Please let me know that all will be well because the email i received now just destabilized me. I am in the office moping about, I can't focus. Please help me!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Euma:
Dear VO,

I called the customer service as you directed and the very helpful lady directed me on what to do. However, I received a reply from LagosIV that says that I will not be able to attend the visa interview if the DS-160 in the appointment does not match my confirmation print out.
Please advice me on how to edit my data so I can enter the correct DS-160 number. Because I went ahead to pay another visa fee this morning after my visa fee transaction reference became invalid. And when I tried to make a new application, there was no option to change the DS-160 number and the same old DS-160 confirmation number appeared on the print out. I have canceled the appointment as the customer service agent instructed. And I am now waiting for your help.
Please let me know that all will be well because the email i received now just destabilized me. I am in the office moping about, I can't focus. Please help me!

Do not despair! For K interviews, although we prefer your DS-160 to match your confirmation printout, as long as you bring the new conformation printout, we can fix the problem at the time of your interview. So go ahead and schedule your appointment using your current receipt -- call the helpline again if you have problems. If you REALLY have problems, let me know and we'll see if we can restabilize you so you can focus again. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Do not despair! For K interviews, although we prefer your DS-160 to match your confirmation printout, as long as you bring the new conformation printout, we can fix the problem at the time of your interview. So go ahead and schedule your appointment using your current receipt -- call the helpline again if you have problems. If you REALLY have problems, let me know and we'll see if we can restabilize you so you can focus again. smiley

Oh you do not know how much I needed to hear you say that all is well! cheesy I am most grateful to you dear VO! So I can go ahead and schedule an appointment now? Thank you very much! God bless you!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
I just scheduled an interview appointment now and I want to believe that there won't be any problems for me at the gate? Please wont I need a document to prove that you really advised me to go ahead and schedule? Maybe an email from you? Please advice, thank you!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
When I thought that my problem is solved, I had no idea that it just begun. Dear VO, I called the customer service to verify your advice but they claimed not to know you. The man who took my call said that I went ahead of them to schedule an appointment when the "over ambitious VO" on nairaland asked me to. I asked him to confirm that you are one of their staff but he evaded my question.
He insists that I cannot attend an interview with the wrong ds-160 number showing on my appointment page. That I have again exceeded the limit to make appointment.
I do not know what or who to believe now! OMG!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
Euma:
I just scheduled an interview appointment now and I want to believe that there won't be any problems for me at the gate? Please wont I need a document to prove that you really advised me to go ahead and schedule? Maybe an email from you? Please advice, thank you!

You'll be on the daily list. But if it helps, what's your case number? I'll double-check our sometimes quirky computers to make double-sure everything's in order.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

You'll be on the daily list. But if it helps, what's your case number? I'll double-check our sometimes quirky computers to make double-sure everything's in order.
LGS2015502015 is it.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Euma:
When I thought that my problem is solved, I had no idea that it just begun. Dear VO, I called the customer service to verify your advice but they claimed not to know you. The man who took my call said that I went ahead of them to schedule an appointment when the "over ambitious VO" on nairaland asked me to. I asked him to confirm that you are one of their staff but he evaded my question.
He insists that I cannot attend an interview with the wrong ds-160 number showing on my appointment page. That I have again exceeded the limit to make appointment.
I do not know what or who to believe now! OMG!

I'm not one of their staff. I'm at the Consulate; they're at the call center, scheduling appointments. We don't know each other in person and they wouldn't know anything about what we do on Nairaland.

Working on it.... more soon.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DCTrendy(m): 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hello Consular officer,

Plz help!!!!

We filled out the DS-160 form on your site but could not get appointment within the month, so a month later i went there n got an appointment, But on getting back to the DS-160 form, the system has erased the Confirmation number from the system so i started a new one entirely, now that am done, just to update my profile on the ustraveldocs website and put the new DS-160 number has been a problem for the past 3 weeks!

appointment date is fast approaching, but i am still having the old ds-160 number on my profile. each time i try it, it tells me an error had occur and i shld send a mail to technical.support@ustraveldocs.com but those guys never reply any of my emails.

what should i do plz.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
Euma:

LGS2015502015 is it.

Sounds like you managed to get an appointment on Feb. 26? Is all well now?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
DCTrendy:
Hello Consular officer,

Plz help!!!!

We filled out the DS-160 form on your site but could not get appointment within the month, so a month later i went there n got an appointment, But on getting back to the DS-160 form, the system has erased the Confirmation number from the system so i started a new one entirely, now that am done, just to update my profile on the ustraveldocs website and put the new DS-160 number has been a problem for the past 3 weeks!

appointment date is fast approaching, but i am still having the old ds-160 number on my profile. each time i try it, it tells me an error had occur and i shld send a mail to technical.support@ustraveldocs.com but those guys never reply any of my emails.

what should i do plz.

What type of visa are you applying for?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by johnkent(m): 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hi,
Do you happen to have an interview date for my mother. Thanks
LGS2014695023
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by noberu10: 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I can't answer that without seeing the documents. When you have them, please forward them to us.

Ok, unfortunately the courts are on strike right now, so we'll have to wait till its called off to get them. Is there a time limit as to when you are still able to recall a petition?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
johnkent:
Hi,
Do you happen to have an interview date for my mother. Thanks
LGS2014695023

I believe that that is not the correct case number. Please verify.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Sounds like you managed to get an appointment on Feb. 26? Is all well now?

I went ahead to schedule an appointment as you directed after the customer agent adviced me to cancel the appointment this morning. The problem is that I could not change the ds-160 number so the appointment is with the old ds-160 (F1) barcode.
Now the issue is that I will have to make another payment 3rd time if I cannot attend the interview with the appointment print out like that.
I have my K1 DS-160 confirmation print out with me.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by johnkent(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
I just double checked the number. Its LGS2014695023
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
noberu10:

Ok, unfortunately the courts are on strike right now, so we'll have to wait till its called off to get them. Is there a time limit as to when you are still able to recall a petition?

I have never had to recall a petition before, but I'm sure I could do so if you provide convincing evidence that the document was not fraudulent no later than the end of this month. If the courts are still on strike at that time, I'm afraid it will be too late. At any rate, the information we received directly from the court is that the document submitted was not genuine, so please understand that I'm not inclined to take special action in this case. But feel free to send whatever evidence you have to LagosIV@state.gov if you can do so before the end of the month.

If you're unable to do so by the end of the month, the petitioner is free to file a new petition on behalf of the beneficiary, or to contact USCIS directly and ask them to reaffirm the case. In most cases USCIS will not contact the petitioner in a fiance case because of the short validity period of K-1 petitions, but if you do have clear and compelling evidence, please let them know. Their contact information can be found at www.uscis.gov.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
johnkent:
I just double checked the number. Its LGS2014695023
Thanks

Nothing is coming up for that number, so the case is probably still at NVC.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lepetitechic(f): 4:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
Good afternoon Ma.
I had my first interview Dec 22nd and I was asked to submit another affidavit of financial support (or get a co sponsor) at either of the collection centres with my passport which I did the next day Dec 23rd. I was called on the phone Dec 31st that it isn't enough we need to find another Co sponsor with tax documents from 2011 and email when we have it. I did some time after the new year and I was scheduled for an interview last Friday Jan 16th. My fiance's sister Co sponsored and my visa was approved, I was asked to collect in one week and even given a paper to pay the $165 green card fee after collection . I just got another call that I should come for yet another interview but she wouldn't give me any info, I'm distraught as I thought we were done with the interviews and getting close to ending the distance I keep going back and forth from Benin to Lagos and It's not easy to keep paying for accommodation and all. My fiance and I would very much appreciate it if you could look into our case and at least tell us something or maybe the call was an error? It would be a huge blessing to us if you could help.
thank you.
LGS2014758022
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
Euma:

I went ahead to schedule an appointment as you directed after the customer agent adviced me to cancel the appointment this morning. The problem is that I could not change the ds-160 number so the appointment is with the old ds-160 (F1) barcode.
Now the issue is that I will have to make another payment 3rd time if I cannot attend the interview with the appointment print out like that.
I have my K1 DS-160 confirmation print out with me.

According to the call center, your appointment is scheduled for Feb. 26. Just be sure to bring your confirmation printout with you and everything should be all right.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.