Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677757 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lepetitechic:
Good afternoon Ma.
I had my first interview Dec 22nd and I was asked to submit another affidavit of financial support (or get a co sponsor) at either of the collection centres with my passport which I did the next day Dec 23rd. I was called on the phone Dec 31st that it isn't enough we need to find another Co sponsor with tax documents from 2011 and email when we have it. I did some time after the new year and I was scheduled for an interview last Friday Jan 16th. My fiance's sister Co sponsored and my visa was approved, I was asked to collect in one week and even given a paper to pay the $165 green card fee after collection . I just got another call that I should come for yet another interview but she wouldn't give me any info, I'm distraught as I thought we were done with the interviews and getting close to ending the distance I keep going back and forth from Benin to Lagos and It's not easy to keep paying for accommodation and all. My fiance and I would very much appreciate it if you could look into our case and at least tell us something or maybe the call was an error? It would be a huge blessing to us if you could help.
thank you.
LGS2014758022

We do need to see you in person. I see that you have an appointment scheduled for Jan. 30; please e-mail us if for any reason you cannot make it on that date.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lepetitechic(f): 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

We do need to see you in person. I see that you have an appointment scheduled for Jan. 30; please e-mail us if for any reason you cannot make it on that date.
Do I need to bring anything else and can we at least know the reason for the change?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Badgers14: 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'm not sure, but I hope we can contact the beneficiary this week to schedule a follow-up interview.

Thank you Ma,I really appreciate.
Could the consulate email her as well if they couldn't reach her via phone call. they don't have light for the past few days and her phone is barely charged. The consulate could contact me as well and I can relay the message to her.

Does she need to bring in an additional documents ?

Thanks again Ma, I do appreciate your help.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lepetitechic:

Do I need to bring anything else and can we at least know the reason for the change?

I'm afraid I don't have any additional information for you at this time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
Badgers14:

Thank you Ma,I really appreciate.
Could the consulate email her as well if they couldn't reach her via phone call. they don't have light for the past few days and her phone is barely charged. The consulate could contact me as well and I can relay the message to her.

Does she need to bring in an additional documents ?

Thanks again Ma, I do appreciate your help.

If she doesn't hear from us this week, you or she should e-mail us directly at LagosIV@state.gov. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lepetitechic(f): 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'm afraid I don't have any additional information for you at this time.

Thank you Ma. Will be there the 30th.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
Thank you so much Ma'am. So you are saying that I can show up for my K1 interview with the appointment confirmation printout bearing the old F1 ds-160 bar code as long as I have my K1 ds-160 confirmation printout with me. Is that correct ma?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by amarachi007: 5:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I stand corrected. Still, it seems that in practice USCIS is giving conditional status to people who hold CR1s, even if they have passed their second anniversary. It is probably best to carry a copy of your marriage certificate with you when you travel if this is an issue that will affect you.

You are very sweet Ma'am. Thank you very much for all you do here. Do have a nice day. Take care.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dazetrin: 2:19am On Jan 21, 2015
pambenjay:
Ma,i even called the collection center now and they said they have not received it,i am worried now because we intent
leaving month end before our medical expires.

If you don't mind approximately how long did it take between your DNA tests, results and update. Can you send me an email pls. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 4:56am On Jan 21, 2015
Hi VO,

I have a question for a friend who was just put in AP in Ghana. She has been trying to email them at IVDVACCRA@state.gov. she was told she should receive an immediate email response with general tips and links but she is not getting it. Could she be doing something incorrect? She has attempted twice now. If u might have suggestion it wud be greatly appreciated.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 6:12am On Jan 21, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'm afraid we don't have an update at this time. I'll have a word with the good people who answer our e-mails and remind them that we welcome inquiries from the public.

Thank you very much. I'm just angry at times about this whole situation. I really do wish there was some other way to move through this process to have my husband here before the upcoming election. Due to his job type and his Christianity I fear for his safety every day. I've waited a long time to find a husband who desires children with the same values of how we desire our family to be in Godly ways. We pray every day for some progress on our case.

If I were able to make arrangements for my mothers care while I am away is it possible for the CO Officer to see my husband and I while I am present in Nigeria. We trust in God that there is a reason for our pain and we long to see each other again.

Someone posted that a sure way to get a visa approved was to pay off the VO Officers and i was so outraged. VO, we truly miss each other and I just feel lost. I feel like I must have done something wrong to create this situation. I can hear the fear in my husbands voice about all that is happening around him and I feel helpless.

This is so hard and I can't lie I feel lost without his companionship. I just keep remembering his contqgious smile and that being the first thing I would see when I would wake up next to him during those days together. My Jon, my family, my friends, his family, and his friends are all in support of our marriage. I wish I could just share all that he has brought to my life and vice versa.

We are truly thankful that you continue to listen to my ranting and always for your quick responses. You truly have a beautiful heart. Please can you help us move this along. We miss each other very much.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:42am On Jan 21, 2015
nalacandi:
Hi VO,

I have a question for a friend who was just put in AP in Ghana. She has been trying to email them at IVDVACCRA@state.gov. she was told she should receive an immediate email response with general tips and links but she is not getting it. Could she be doing something incorrect? She has attempted twice now. If u might have suggestion it wud be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, that is the same address I have for Accra. Here's their contact information page: http://ghana.usembassy.gov/consular-contact.html
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:43am On Jan 21, 2015
Euma:
Thank you so much Ma'am. So you are saying that I can show up for my K1 interview with the appointment confirmation printout bearing the old F1 ds-160 bar code as long as I have my K1 ds-160 confirmation printout with me. Is that correct ma?

That's correct! Sorry about all the confusion. I'm glad you got your appointment!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 21, 2015
VisaOfficer:

That's correct! Sorry about all the confusion. I'm glad you got your appointment!

Good Morning VO!
I am so elated, all thanks to you! And I want to trust you that I won't have any problem at the gate? That the guards/officers at the gate will attend to me?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fyv722: 7:53am On Jan 21, 2015
Dear visa officer, thank you for your timely response. I had already sent an email to lagosIV@state.gov but i did not get any response. My case number is NCS2014818003. Thank you for your assistance
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:55am On Jan 21, 2015
Euma:

Good Morning VO!
I am so elated, all thanks to you! And I want to trust you that I won't have any problem at the gate? That the guards/officers at the gate will attend to me?

I'll keep an eye on our appointment list and make sure you are on it!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:57am On Jan 21, 2015
fyv722:
Dear visa officer, thank you for your timely response. I had already sent an email to lagosIV@state.gov but i did not get any response. My case number is NCS2014818003. Thank you for your assistance

Looks like we e-mailed you on Jan. 12 to say that we have not yet received the file from Nicosia. As soon as we do, we'll let you know!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'll keep an eye on our appointment list and make sure you are on it!

God bless you so much Ma'am! I can't thank you enough, You are the best!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by LUCAS99: 9:46am On Jan 21, 2015
Dear Visa Officer I have sent an e-mail to LagosNIV@state.gov requesting for my passport and I received a reply back stating

“We have forwarded your email to the appropriate unit. Your passport will be returned as requested”.

It have been almost a week and I have already sent an e-mail twice to LagosNIV@state.gov to confirm if the US CONSULATE GENERAL LAGOS, NIGERIA has returned my passport as requested to the GSS Document Collection Centers in Lagos; DHL: Plot 230 Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island Nigeria but no response yet.

My cousin will heading to Lagos this morning from PortHarcourt to retrieve my passport and I don’t want him to be disappointed when he gets to Lagos and is unable to retrieve my passport.
Please can you be kind enough to confirm if the US CONSULATE GENERAL LAGOS, NIGERIA has forwarded my international passport to the GSS Document Collection Centers in Lagos.
How long will it take the US CONSULATE GENERAL LAGOS, NIGERIA to forward my passport to the GSS Document Collection Centers in Lagos?

Thanks once again for your esteemed help.

My Humble Submission,

Prince Egu Uduka.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fyv722: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2015
Dear visa officer, please i would like to ask one more question. Do u think it is necessary for us to contact the embassy in nicosia to verify if the file was delayed or is it normal for a case transfer to about 1 to 2 months as it is with my case. Also i would like to understand the meaning of the status "Ready" which is my most recent update. Thank you so much
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pambenjay: 10:17am On Jan 21, 2015
Gd morning ma,thk you for your support ma.yesterday my visa status changed to issued,but I was called these morning to summit our passport photograph tomorrow at the embassy,i am worried ma,what is happening?our case number is lgs2014597022 and lgs2014555019
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2015
LUCAS99:
Dear Visa Officer I have sent an e-mail to LagosNIV@state.gov requesting for my passport and I received a reply back stating

“We have forwarded your email to the appropriate unit. Your passport will be returned as requested”.

It have been almost a week and I have already sent an e-mail twice to LagosNIV@state.gov to confirm if the US CONSULATE GENERAL LAGOS, NIGERIA has returned my passport as requested to the GSS Document Collection Centers in Lagos; DHL: Plot 230 Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island Nigeria but no response yet.

My cousin will heading to Lagos this morning from PortHarcourt to retrieve my passport and I don’t want him to be disappointed when he gets to Lagos and is unable to retrieve my passport.
Please can you be kind enough to confirm if the US CONSULATE GENERAL LAGOS, NIGERIA has forwarded my international passport to the GSS Document Collection Centers in Lagos.
How long will it take the US CONSULATE GENERAL LAGOS, NIGERIA to forward my passport to the GSS Document Collection Centers in Lagos?

Thanks once again for your esteemed help.

My Humble Submission,

Prince Egu Uduka.

Please address your questions directly to LagosNIV@state.gov. Thank you!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:19am On Jan 21, 2015
fyv722:
Dear visa officer, please i would like to ask one more question. Do u think it is necessary for us to contact the embassy in nicosia to verify if the file was delayed or is it normal for a case transfer to about 1 to 2 months as it is with my case. Also i would like to understand the meaning of the status "Ready" which is my most recent update. Thank you so much

I think this is a normal transfer period, but if you'd like to contact Nicosia, that would also be fine.

As for status updates, that's not something I deal with, so to be honest I don't know what they all mean or how they occur. That's not a website I ever have reason to use. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:21am On Jan 21, 2015
pambenjay:
Gd morning ma,thk you for your support ma.yesterday my visa status changed to issued,but I was called these morning to summit our passport photograph tomorrow at the embassy,i am worried ma,what is happening?our case number is lgs2014597022 and lgs2014555019

It sounds like the photos that were submitted previously aren't passing our quality standards for printed visas. I don't see any problems with your cases that would keep us from printing the visas upon receipt of new photos. I know this is frustrating -- you're almost there!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fyv722: 11:25am On Jan 21, 2015
Thank you so much i appreciate your effort.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pambenjay: 11:34am On Jan 21, 2015
Thank you so much ma,so it will take another 5 working days after submitting my passport tomorrow to get our visa,thank you ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by oloriakinyemi: 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
Good afternoon ma,we went for our interview today but we were denied.smiles,as u said it's not impossible but it's difficult.we have no choice now than to wait on our immigrant petition.please ma I wuld send our case no so u culd kindly help on that ma.
VisaOfficer:

It's okay for your husband to invite you and it won't affect your immigration petition. However, it is difficult to overcome the presumption that you're an intending immigrant and be granted a non-immigrant visa when you have a pending immigrant visa petition. It's not impossible, but it's difficult.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Tylerdan(m): 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
VO
Nice thread and very helpful, I would like to know if there is a visa type I can apply for to relocate my family permanently to the US. I'm a Nigerian and currently work and live in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.