Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,868 members, 7,810,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677328 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
Tylerdan:
VO
Nice thread and very helpful, I would like to know if there is a visa type I can apply for to relocate my family permanently to the US. I'm a Nigerian and currently work and live in Lagos.

You would likely need a qualifying family member or an employer to file an immigrant petition on your behalf. Please see http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process.html for more information.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lancemavin: 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hi I will like to know how long will it take for someone to be call for interview after doing D N A test for form I 130 filing for a family member?thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mondayutum(m): 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
Good day this is mr monday utum maam I am to go to dhl office on friday for my visa and passport pick up , I and my wife just can't wait to book my ticket maam I want to know if my visa will be ready by friday so I can move as soon as possible here is my case number maam LGS2014627059. I just can't pour out all my appreciation may God bless you maam
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2015
Good evening Ma. Pls ma, my wife is a Us citizen, my interview was on 12/sep/2014. After the interview, i was asked to do DNA with my wife & kid in the united state, for insufficient documentation. Because we had a baby born of the marriage. The DNA sample taken on 22/Dec/2014. And result delivered to lagos embassy on 15/Jan/2015. Now Ceac updated to 21/Jan/2015, but it still on administrative processing. Can you help me look into my case ma, because my medical is going to expire around February. My case no...LGS2014......045. Thanks a lot and God bless....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hello Ma'am,
I want to inform you that I was able to modify the ds-160 number. But I canceled the appointment and made a new application for the same day February 26th.
I really appreciate all your efforts to help us here. May God bless you real good, amen.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mazifavour1: 12:00am On Jan 22, 2015
Thank you sir for ur kind selfless support. Sir I intend getting married to my fiancee and she is about to fill the I-129F what other documents must she submit and also how much would I have in my account to show I have enough support? Thank you sir.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mazifavour1: 12:30am On Jan 22, 2015
And sorry I am writing on a seperate page, I would want to also know if I could support my self with my own money and also show the deed of my landed property? But am not employed bt a student. And pls Ma'm or Sir, what's the average I should have to support myself, I would really love to know pls. This means a lot to me. I need ur comment on this too. Thank you my knight in shinning armor.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mazifavour1: 12:52am On Jan 22, 2015
Sorry me again, Maybe one question Ma'm or Sir, the trust is we never intended for all dis to happen, we were in school in Nigeria and suddely her family asked her to come back to usa, we didn't tAke much photos we have like 10 of us together, phone records, facebook n lil of whatsapp. Does she have to show dis while filing for the I-129F pettition cos I do most of the calling and texting from Nigeria. Not having too many photos would that be any qualms in d interview date? And while she files for the I-129F is it mandetory I also write a statement of intent, since we will write it? Am so sorry I ask too many questions.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mazifavour1: 1:26am On Jan 22, 2015
And pls how do I get to sign the G-325A since we aren't close? Pls any Idea on that. Thank you Ma'm.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 2:51am On Jan 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Hmm, that is the same address I have for Accra. Here's their contact information page: http://ghana.usembassy.gov/consular-contact.html

Thank you so much my friend did hear back from the Ghana embassy I guess there was a problem more with her receiving the instant reply for some reason. Appreciate all that you do.

Nalacandi

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by blessedlady: 3:48am On Jan 22, 2015
Dear VO,

In the green card sponsorship sibling category, is there a preference for unmarried siblings or is their wait time the same as for married siblings?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by FCBee: 5:43am On Jan 22, 2015
Dear VO,
Thanks for taking the time out for this. Please I have an enquiry. I have been getting visa's (same category B1/B2, same purpose- i attend a conference every year and take a holiday after the conference). In 2013, I was not pregnant when I applied, got the visa, attended my conference and holiday , came back,took in and went to have a baby in 2014,all expenses paid, on same visa.

My question is: can i apply for same visa category via dropbox ? If yes, what documents do I need to present? I will be attending same conference this year.And I also intend to have a baby again there. What do I need to do?

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mondayutum(m): 6:49am On Jan 22, 2015
Good day this is mr monday
utum maam I am to go to dhl
office on friday for my visa
and passport pick up , I and
my wife just can't wait to book
my ticket maam I want to
know if my visa will be ready
by friday so I can move as
soon as possible here is my
case number maam
LGS2014627059. I just can't
pour out all my appreciation
may God bless you maam
Because I have done booking reservation so if I can be able to collect my passport and visa tomorrow I can go join my family Lagos (LOS) To Saint Louis
(STL)
Depart: 30/01/2015
Qatar
Airways

Lagos
30/01/2015
02:55
PM Doha
30/01/2015
11:45
PM
Doha
31/01/2015
08:00
AM Chicago
31/01/2015
01:40
PM
Chicago
31/01/2015
04:15
PM Saint
Louis
31/01/2015
05:29
PM
Adult
Fare : ₦157,320
Taxes
&
Fees : ₦80,017
Total
Fare : ₦237,337
Fare Summary: 1 Adult(s)
If I could be able to collect my passport so I can go ahead and pay and collect my flight ticket thanks maam in anticipation of your kind response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mazifavour1: 7:05am On Jan 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Thank you for your kind words! Every relationship is different, so bring whatever you have. The most important thing will be how you talk about the relationship -- whether you are able to answer questions credibly, and not just quote memorized information. We don't expect you to know every single detail about your fiance(e), but you should be able to talk with us the same way you'd be able to tell an old friend about the relationship. The beneficiary does not need to show any financial documents, by the way.
. What if we are both students and I am the one supporting it? I have a bank statement that might have $4,000 and a landed property I jst bought as an evidence of support what do you think Ma'm? Thank you for the previous answer.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:22am On Jan 22, 2015
mondayutum:
Good day this is mr monday utum maam I am to go to dhl office on friday for my visa and passport pick up , I and my wife just can't wait to book my ticket maam I want to know if my visa will be ready by friday so I can move as soon as possible here is my case number maam LGS2014627059. I just can't pour out all my appreciation may God bless you maam

The visa is scheduled to be printed soon, but as today is Thursday I doubt it will be ready for pick-up on Friday. You may want to call the collection center next week to see if it's ready before you make the trip.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Jan 22, 2015
Lancemavin:
Hi I will like to know how long will it take for someone to be call for interview after doing D N A test for form I 130 filing for a family member?thanks

After we receive and process the results, the beneficiary should be contacted in a matter of days.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:24am On Jan 22, 2015
sirk111:
Good evening Ma. Pls ma, my wife is a Us citizen, my interview was on 12/sep/2014. After the interview, i was asked to do DNA with my wife & kid in the united state, for insufficient documentation. Because we had a baby born of the marriage. The DNA sample taken on 22/Dec/2014. And result delivered to lagos embassy on 15/Jan/2015. Now Ceac updated to 21/Jan/2015, but it still on administrative processing. Can you help me look into my case ma, because my medical is going to expire around February. My case no...LGS2014......045. Thanks a lot and God bless....

Sorry, this is not enough information to identify your case. But we processed a stack of DNA results this week, so you should hear from us soon. You can also e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov and request an update.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Jan 22, 2015
mazifavour1:
Thank you sir for ur kind selfless support. Sir I intend getting married to my fiancee and she is about to fill the I-129F what other documents must she submit and also how much would I have in my account to show I have enough support? Thank you sir.

Please review the instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf for all this information.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On Jan 22, 2015
mazifavour1:
And sorry I am writing on a seperate page, I would want to also know if I could support my self with my own money and also show the deed of my landed property? But am not employed bt a student. And pls Ma'm or Sir, what's the average I should have to support myself, I would really love to know pls. This means a lot to me. I need ur comment on this too. Thank you my knight in shinning armor.

No, we can only accept affidavits of support from U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents in the United States.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:27am On Jan 22, 2015
mazifavour1:
Sorry me again, Maybe one question Ma'm or Sir, the trust is we never intended for all dis to happen, we were in school in Nigeria and suddely her family asked her to come back to usa, we didn't tAke much photos we have like 10 of us together, phone records, facebook n lil of whatsapp. Does she have to show dis while filing for the I-129F pettition cos I do most of the calling and texting from Nigeria. Not having too many photos would that be any qualms in d interview date? And while she files for the I-129F is it mandetory I also write a statement of intent, since we will write it? Am so sorry I ask too many questions.

Just bring whatever you have. The most important thing will be how you answer the officer's questions.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 22, 2015
Good Morning Dear VO,
I would like to know if I would need to present my NOA2 (approval notice from TSC) when I go for my medicals and to get the police character certificate.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:35am On Jan 22, 2015
Jchi9876:

No be small armor grin

Eh, medium-sized, abi.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:35am On Jan 22, 2015
mazifavour1:
And pls how do I get to sign the G-325A since we aren't close? Pls any Idea on that. Thank you Ma'm.

That's something you'll need to figure out.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2015
blessedlady:
Dear VO,

In the green card sponsorship sibling category, is there a preference for unmarried siblings or is their wait time the same as for married siblings?

No, no preference; the marital status is irrelevant in this visa category.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mondayutum(m): 7:36am On Jan 22, 2015
Thanks maam for the response I will call them next week but I don't know when its right to call them within next week if you don't mind maam when do you advice I call them within next maam? Thanks maam
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:37am On Jan 22, 2015
FCBee:
Dear VO,
Thanks for taking the time out for this. Please I have an enquiry. I have been getting visa's (same category B1/B2, same purpose- i attend a conference every year and take a holiday after the conference). In 2013, I was not pregnant when I applied, got the visa, attended my conference and holiday , came back,took in and went to have a baby in 2014,all expenses paid, on same visa.

My question is: can i apply for same visa category via dropbox ? If yes, what documents do I need to present? I will be attending same conference this year.And I also intend to have a baby again there. What do I need to do?

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:38am On Jan 22, 2015
mondayutum:
Good day this is mr monday
utum maam I am to go to dhl
office on friday for my visa
and passport pick up , I and
my wife just can't wait to book
my ticket maam I want to
know if my visa will be ready
by friday so I can move as
soon as possible here is my
case number maam
LGS2014627059. I just can't
pour out all my appreciation
may God bless you maam
Because I have done booking reservation so if I can be able to collect my passport and visa tomorrow I can go join my family Lagos (LOS) To Saint Louis
(STL)
Depart: 30/01/2015
Qatar
Airways

Lagos
30/01/2015
02:55
PM Doha
30/01/2015
11:45
PM
Doha
31/01/2015
08:00
AM Chicago
31/01/2015
01:40
PM
Chicago
31/01/2015
04:15
PM Saint
Louis
31/01/2015
05:29
PM
Adult
Fare : ₦157,320
Taxes
&
Fees : ₦80,017
Total
Fare : ₦237,337
Fare Summary: 1 Adult(s)
If I could be able to collect my passport so I can go ahead and pay and collect my flight ticket thanks maam in anticipation of your kind response

You should never, ever buy a ticket until you have your visa in your hand. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:41am On Jan 22, 2015
Euma:
Good Morning Dear VO,
I would like to know if I would need to present my NOA2 (approval notice from TSC) when I go for my medicals and to get the police character certificate.

That's a good question. I don't think so, but maybe you should take it just in case. (As you've noticed, I'm better at questions directly related to U.S. immigration law and policy -- not so strong on computer issues or requesting documents from our Nigerian counterparts.)

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

That's a good question. I don't think so, but maybe you should take it just in case. (As you've noticed, I'm better at questions directly related to U.S. immigration law and policy -- not so strong on computer issues or requesting documents from our Nigerian counterparts.)

That's no problem at all Ma'am. You are still the best wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mondayutum(m): 7:48am On Jan 22, 2015
Yes maam you are right I just did a booking reservation not until my I have my passport before I can go pay, I just want you to advice specifically when should I call the dhl next week maam

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.