Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677358 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fyv722: 9:19am On Feb 02, 2015
Thank you. After I paid my visa fee, I got a payment reference number, then I completed the Ds-160 visa application form, after I submitted, I went www.ustravelsdoc.com to shedule my appointment, I was only asked to provide my passport number, priority date and payment refernence number aside other personal information. After which I scheduled my appointment and the confirmation page showed up. When I printed it out, it come out with a barcode number that is different from the one I have on my Ds-160. The barcode number is contained in the MRV payment section of the confirmation page. There was no provision for the bar code number on my Ds-160 on the appointment scheduling system. Pls maybe you can help me verify my appointment. Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:49am On Feb 02, 2015
fyv722:
Thank you. After I paid my visa fee, I got a payment reference number, then I completed the Ds-160 visa application form, after I submitted, I went www.ustravelsdoc.com to shedule my appointment, I was only asked to provide my passport number, priority date and payment refernence number aside other personal information. After which I scheduled my appointment and the confirmation page showed up. When I printed it out, it come out with a barcode number that is different from the one I have on my Ds-160. The barcode number is contained in the MRV payment section of the confirmation page. There was no provision for the bar code number on my Ds-160 on the appointment scheduling system. Pls maybe you can help me verify my appointment. Thank you

Thanks for the explanation. I don't have a way to verify your appointment; please check with www.ustravelsdoc.com .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fyv722: 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2015
based on my explanation, do you think I followed the right steps.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
fyv722:
based on my explanation, do you think I followed the right steps.

That's going to be a question for www.ustravelsdoc.com . Making appointments through the website is outside my sphere of expertise, unfortunately.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jeff1980(m): 12:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
Good afternoon VO,i appreciate your helps towards everyone here.I have a grandma that have visited U.S twice.We intend to apply for her now through drop box,pls what and what document we need to apply for her.Thanks and God bless.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
jeff1980:
Good afternoon VO,i appreciate your helps towards everyone here.I have a grandma that have visited U.S twice.We intend to apply for her now through drop box,pls what and what document we need to apply for her.Thanks and God bless.

This is a question for the non-immigrant visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ated07: 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
I am helping my church member who are going for conference in the United States, how do I book group appointment for them kindly help.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 8:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
Am a new member in this forum.my husband a LPR filling F2A for me and our son.we still waiting for our periodity date to be updated .so we can have interview date.I just can't help but appreciate your Good work.thks alot ma

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tosintestimony: 8:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
Good day VO,
First, let me say a great job you doing here from what I can see in previous posts. I am obliged to come here and state my case trusting you would be in a better position to shed more light. Our case was sent to the US consulate in Lagos by NVC on 21st Jan 2015 based on expedite reasons. Our CEAC status states "READY" and We sent an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov; we got a reply about the packet4, but we were sent another e-mail to disregard the 1st e-mail and wait for a feedback because they are yet to receive our documents from NVC. Meanwhile with several calls to NVC, they confirmed all documents have been sent via DHL to the US consulate in Lagos and its no longer in their care. Since then, we have not gotten any feedback from US consulate. I would like to get an explanation as to what is going on, as we expected to have gotten an interview date by now because the expedite is based on military purposes and we do not have much time our side. Thank you
(LGS2014640009)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:11am On Feb 03, 2015
ated07:
I am helping my church member who are going for conference in the United States, how do I book group appointment for them kindly help.

This is a question for the non-immigrant visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:11am On Feb 03, 2015
adeworth1:
Am a new member in this forum.my husband a LPR filling F2A for me and our son.we still waiting for our periodity date to be updated .so we can have interview date.I just can't help but appreciate your Good work.thks alot ma

Thank you for the kind words! I hope you get good news soon.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:13am On Feb 03, 2015
tosintestimony:
Good day VO,
First, let me say a great job you doing here from what I can see in previous posts. I am obliged to come here and state my case trusting you would be in a better position to shed more light. Our case was sent to the US consulate in Lagos by NVC on 21st Jan 2015 based on expedite reasons. Our CEAC status states "READY" and We sent an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov; we got a reply about the packet4, but we were sent another e-mail to disregard the 1st e-mail and wait for a feedback because they are yet to receive our documents from NVC. Meanwhile with several calls to NVC, they confirmed all documents have been sent via DHL to the US consulate in Lagos and its no longer in their care. Since then, we have not gotten any feedback from US consulate. I would like to get an explanation as to what is going on, as we expected to have gotten an interview date by now because the expedite is based on military purposes and we do not have much time our side. Thank you
(LGS2014640009)

Good morning,

The case hasn't arrived yet. It can take a few weeks for cases to move from NVC to Lagos, even using DHL. But as soon as we receive it, we'll contact you with an appointment date!

Fingers crossed,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mojisola73(f): 7:35am On Feb 03, 2015
i want to use this medium to ask my questions.my husband is a citizen of united state and he filed for me and my son in 2009 my son was 2 years old then. after the interview the visa was approved,i was given the collection date.on the day that i went for the collections i was able to collect my son visa and they told me am going to get a call from the embassy. unfortunately i got a call reschedule me for another interview,when i went for the interview they show me a picture of a guy if i know him before man and i God i did not recognized him ,they later show me my picture with my name but different last name.I was shocked i explained to them that all i can remembered was in 2005 i went to this office that they said that can help me process visa. They collected my picture and some information from me , later when they were asking too much from me i called my husband and i explained to him .my husband told me that i should never partake in any illegal act to come to him he said he will capable of filled for me soonest and immediately i stopped i never went back. my husband came home took my son with him and i had another baby 3 years now.a delegate came to my house from the embassy i was living with my husband brother he looked and saw everything and i respond to all his questions. my husband brought my son back and filled a USA passport for my daughter.both of my children are now citizen,but i didn't here nothing about my,and my international passport was not given back to me from the embassy. my daughter need medical attention that required to travel and shes too young to travel with her daddy. DNA proof that my husband is the father of my children before issue their passport.please what can i do to this matter? im too lonely my life is misserable without my husband beside me.thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:06am On Feb 03, 2015
mojisola73:
i want to use this medium to ask my questions.my husband is a citizen of united state and he filed for me and my son in 2009 my son was 2 years old then. after the interview the visa was approved,i was given the collection date.on the day that i went for the collections i was able to collect my son visa and they told me am going to get a call from the embassy. unfortunately i got a call reschedule me for another interview,when i went for the interview they show me a picture of a guy if i know him before man and i God i did not recognized him ,they later show me my picture with my name but different last name.I was shocked i explained to them that all i can remembered was in 2005 i went to this office that they said that can help me process visa. They collected my picture and some information from me , later when they were asking too much from me i called my husband and i explained to him .my husband told me that i should never partake in any illegal act to come to him he said he will capable of filled for me soonest and immediately i stopped i never went back. my husband came home took my son with him and i had another baby 3 years now.a delegate came to my house from the embassy i was living with my husband brother he looked and saw everything and i respond to all his questions. my husband brought my son back and filled a USA passport for my daughter.both of my children are now citizen,but i didn't here nothing about my,and my international passport was not given back to me from the embassy. my daughter need medical attention that required to travel and shes too young to travel with her daddy. DNA proof that my husband is the father of my children before issue their passport.please what can i do to this matter? im too lonely my life is misserable without my husband beside me.thanks

You write, "They collected my picture and some information from me , later when they were asking too much from me i called my husband and i explained to him .my husband told me that i should never partake in any illegal act to come to him he said he will capable of filled for me soonest and immediately i stopped i never went back." So it does sound like at some point you were willing to let a visa agent use your photo and information inappropriately. That action would create serious questions about your credibility for us. Please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov and ask us what the status of your case is, so I can see what the next steps might be.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 03, 2015
Good morning grin VO . Its already her 4th February. Hope I will see you to say hello.. My mum sends her greetings. Coming for my DNA swab collection.. Hope everything works out well. Have a nice day cheers** smiley grin cc dazetrin

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by akwana: 9:53am On Feb 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

No, not for K1 appointments. Although now I'm curious to know why your bar code didn't match. How did that happen?

Good day sir,
Please I booked an appointment for February 4th, 2015 with my application ID but yesterday when I wanted to complete the signature and submitting section, I couldn't retrieve the application because the security questions asked were not the ones I chose.
Please am in urgent need of help/information on how to rectify this. My interview is for 8.30am in ABUJA tomorrow.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:33am On Feb 03, 2015
akwana:

Good day sir,
Please I booked an appointment for February 4th, 2015 with my application ID but yesterday when I wanted to complete the signature and submitting section, I couldn't retrieve the application because the security questions asked were not the ones I chose.
Please am in urgent need of help/information on how to rectify this. My interview is for 8.30am in ABUJA tomorrow.

Thanks

The only way to fix this is through http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by akwana: 10:44am On Feb 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

The only way to fix this is through http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ .

Thank you sir for the quick response.
I have gone to the site but I don't seem to get where I will fix the issue. Kindly shed more light please.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:28am On Feb 03, 2015
akwana:

Thank you sir for the quick response.
I have gone to the site but I don't seem to get where I will fix the issue. Kindly shed more light please.
Thank you

This is actually a non-immigrant visa question and I don't know how to help you. You might try e-mailing ConsularAbuja@state.gov .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tosintestimony: 4:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Good morning,

The case hasn't arrived yet. It can take a few weeks for cases to move from NVC to Lagos, even using DHL. But as soon as we receive it, we'll contact you with an appointment date!

Fingers crossed,
VO
LGS2014640009
Thanks for your response. I found out the CEAC status was updated today (03 feb 2015) although still states "READY". Also I got an email from the Immigrant unit of the US consulate (I believe this is your department) and it states "At this time we have only received the electronic file, we will contact him when we receive the physical file". Now, if the electronic file has been received, then invariably the physical file is around the corner or at the US consulate but has just not been to the department. My question is, can we receive an interview date (even if its a tentative one) so we can go ahead with other preparations (especially with respect to medicals) and all things been equal, you would have the documents with you before the interview date because I know slots are always filled up way up front. This case is on expedite and I would really love that any further delay is avoided, I am in the US army, was deployed to South Korea and there are some necessary steps I need to take which will involve my original documents. We have come this far already and cannot afford to request for my documents when we are this close. Thanks once again.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by gabriellle: 4:19pm On Feb 03, 2015
Dear VO,

Thank you for the clarification! My mom is now ready for her interview... smiley

I supported the Seahawks and they unfortunately lost. undecided

Scary movies used to be my thing and then I watched the Poltergeist and got scared. Now, I only watch mildly scary movies.

You are so kind to us on this forum and I hope to be able to report very soon that my mom's interview went great. God bless you.

Best,
Gabriellle

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:17am On Feb 04, 2015
tosintestimony:

LGS2014640009
Thanks for your response. I found out the CEAC status was updated today (03 feb 2015) although still states "READY". Also I got an email from the Immigrant unit of the US consulate (I believe this is your department) and it states "At this time we have only received the electronic file, we will contact him when we receive the physical file". Now, if the electronic file has been received, then invariably the physical file is around the corner or at the US consulate but has just not been to the department. My question is, can we receive an interview date (even if its a tentative one) so we can go ahead with other preparations (especially with respect to medicals) and all things been equal, you would have the documents with you before the interview date because I know slots are always filled up way up front. This case is on expedite and I would really love that any further delay is avoided, I am in the US army, was deployed to South Korea and there are some necessary steps I need to take which will involve my original documents. We have come this far already and cannot afford to request for my documents when we are this close. Thanks once again.

Please keep in mind that the electronic transfer takes only a couple of seconds -- NVC sends me an e-mail with the expedited case or cases compressed into an electronic file, and I upload the file into my computer. The physical delivery can take much longer -- although once the file arrives, it takes a day at most to move from the mailroom to my desk.

We cannot provide an interview date without the physical file. I know it's hard, but please be patient.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wireline: 10:35am On Feb 04, 2015
Good day VO,

Pls I have an inquiry. My wife is an LPR waiting for her citizenship case to be approved and our daughter is a usc.

We got married in 2013. We did registry/court wedding at Ibadan. and also, we had traditional and white wedding. During our traditional and white wedding we snapped more than enough pics but unfortunately, we didn't snap any the court or registry cos we didn't give that much preference and went there with just 2 friends but we have our certificate.

My wife intend to file for me.

My questions are:

What type of visa can she file for me and what is the waiting period?

Will this lack of pic from registry raise a red flag despite the fact that we have certificate and pics from the traditional and white?

Is it true that the only registry recognize by the embassy is just that of Ikoyi in Lagos?

Thanks ma and God continue to bless you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
wireline:
Good day VO,

Pls I have an inquiry. My wife is an LPR waiting for her citizenship case to be approved and our daughter is a usc.

We got married in 2013. We did registry/court wedding at Ibadan. and also, we had traditional and white wedding. During our traditional and white wedding we snapped more than enough pics but unfortunately, we didn't snap any the court or registry cos we didn't give that much preference and went there with just 2 friends but we have our certificate.

My wife intend to file for me.

My questions are:

What type of visa can she file for me and what is the waiting period?

As an LPR, your wife can file the I-130 petition for you as her spouse, and your visa category will be F2A. Right now the waiting period for F2As is running around 21 months.

Will this lack of pic from registry raise a red flag despite the fact that we have certificate and pics from the traditional and white?

If you have other evidence, and (more importantly) can speak credibly about your relationship, that shouldn't be a problem.

Is it true that the only registry recognize by the embassy is just that of Ikoyi in Lagos?

Thank you for asking that question! smiley No, that's a strange rumor that has risen to the level of an urban legend, but it is not true. As long as a registry is authorized to perfrom marriages and issue marriage certificates, we'll recognize it.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonyphil: 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
hello VO
I see u ar as helpful as ever....more grease to ur elbow....my k1 petition has been returned to USCIS for revoke I guess..got a msg on 13th of Jan to that effect..
my k3 processing was on until last week when we got a RFE on the i129 from uscis . Good thing dat the i130 is already at the nvc stage and hopefully we get case complete ASAP....hopefully we make the appointment list for April at most...am still praying for a miracle that will make march possible for me......
wishing you a blessed rest of the week....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jojonile: 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
Good day CO, my husband paid for our DNA test on monday and it was mailed to lagos that same day I tracked it today and it says delivered please when are you likely to call us for sample collection? Thanks ma, Iam 2014651009.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 7:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
Thks for the fast reply ma. As I said earlier I am a new member in d forum and still waiting for my F2A to be updated, I decide to read past questions and your answers and notice most cases with spouse filling for their spouse and kid are ask to do DNA as more evidence . ma my question is that is this composry for all beneficiary with kid even if they got a lot evidence to show the child is for the petitioner because speaking for myself I already went with our son to embassy MAY 2013 for visiting my husband with our son but the C.O told us that my husband should file for me and our son. Wish he started the filing papers 02 AUG 2013 I wouldn't like to wait more after interview date as been giving to us. Thks a lot for your help towards all of us in this long processing .remain blessed ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by angel55: 2:50am On Feb 05, 2015
Thanks for the Good work you are doing here didn't know there was a thread like this. I recently had my baby in the US, he is in possession of his blue passport, but I intend bringing him back to nigeria with an ETC then subsequent travels he can enter and depart the US with his passport. My question is this Is it okay to bring him home with an ETC?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:30am On Feb 05, 2015
tonyphil:
hello VO
I see u ar as helpful as ever....more grease to ur elbow....my k1 petition has been returned to USCIS for revoke I guess..got a msg on 13th of Jan to that effect..
my k3 processing was on until last week when we got a RFE on the i129 from uscis . Good thing dat the i130 is already at the nvc stage and hopefully we get case complete ASAP....hopefully we make the appointment list for April at most...am still praying for a miracle that will make march possible for me......
wishing you a blessed rest of the week....

Fingers crossed for you! Thank you for the kind words.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:31am On Feb 05, 2015
jojonile:
Good day CO, my husband paid for our DNA test on monday and it was mailed to lagos that same day I tracked it today and it says delivered please when are you likely to call us for sample collection? Thanks ma, Iam 2014651009.

Good morning,

It's probably in the very large stack of DNA kits that is sitting on my desk. I'll go through them this morning, so if yours is among them, someone should contact you today or tomorrow to set up an appointment date.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:41am On Feb 05, 2015
adeworth1:
Thks for the fast reply ma. As I said earlier I am a new member in d forum and still waiting for my F2A to be updated, I decide to read past questions and your answers and notice most cases with spouse filling for their spouse and kid are ask to do DNA as more evidence . ma my question is that is this composry for all beneficiary with kid even if they got a lot evidence to show the child is for the petitioner because speaking for myself I already went with our son to embassy MAY 2013 for visiting my husband with our son but the C.O told us that my husband should file for me and our son. Wish he started the filing papers 02 AUG 2013 I wouldn't like to wait more after interview date as been giving to us. Thks a lot for your help towards all of us in this long processing .remain blessed ma

Good morning,

DNA testing isn't compulsory in all cases, and actually we suggest it in a very small percentage of cases. But we see so many cases that that is still a pretty big number! My guess, based solely on what you've written here, is that the officer will notice that you and your son applied together to visit your husband in 2013, and will therefore realize that you two have been claiming to be the child's parents for at least two years, which would likely strike me as a good sign. That's just my personal opinion, without knowing all the details of your case...

Hope this helps. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.