Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,320 members, 7,839,523 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? (34448 Views)

Guys, Which Do You Prefer, A Beautiful Face Or A Banging Body? / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? / Which Would You Ladies Prefer: A Rich Cheat Or A Broke Faithful Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by GoodFaith: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Phema: Different strokes for different folks. Stick to what you want.

As for me, I love career men with/without business by the side. When I say career, I mean a stable one, pensionable, with good pay and all the perks that come with it. This way, if the business isn't doing well at some point, you will have your good job to fall back on.

I'm very weary of "Business men", "Contractors" and "self employed" men. Today, they are high flyers, tomorrow, they are down below.

I need stability.
Why not you bring the stability in the marriage
By advise him to invest well and you having a stable job
to back up the family
A dude with a stable job can lost the job tomorrow
Nothing in life is sometime promising
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by MadCow1: 3:18pm On Jul 01, 2014
Evergreen123:

guy, leave that thing.
Coscharis stopped at primary 3 but his business is corporate.
Ur outlook to life is what sells u to me and not anything .
Na those wealthy business men they marry classy gals pass

SO you mean Cosmas Maduka is a grade-school drop out?! shocked shocked

O well! I am shocked but not surprised he made something out of himself.

Truth be told, I personally dont discriminate against anybody as I know a few enterprenuers that have gone on to make a killing in the business world. But like I pointed out, upbringing and outlook also differ one from another.

#StillShockedAtCosmasMaduka.. grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Eleganza33(f): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
Dat 1 na lie,as far as his business de kampe nd is rolling in raw cash,he is evn a graduate nd cn get a job in d bank again if d biznes suffas.oya nu bring mike come dis side
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by MadCow1: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
Odenigbo Aroli:

This gotta be Okija Juju....lol
Nnaa,I bu confirmed Akpa amu ooo lol
On a serious not,I was a street smart youngster who knew my way around girls but the game changed as I got older because the girls became smarter and won't fall for a line off a novel. Ya bu na nwa guy buluzia a hustler.
I never really liked working for people because I hate taking orders.

Lol @ Akpa Amu.. grin

I have always wanted to work for a Company growing up. All the business men I knew where not that wealthy. Today, I am still having difficulties quitting my Job to face my business solely. The uncertainty is terrifying to me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
GoodFaith:
Why not you bring the stability in the marriage
By advise him to invest well and you having a stable job
to back up the family
A dude with a stable job can lost the job tomorrow
Nothing in life is sometime promising

Even with all the advice I may give, a business can hit the rock. Especially in this clime.

I may have a stable job but will also love him to have one too. Two good stable jobs are better than one, don't you think? wink

Nothing is sure ofcourse. One with a stable job may lose it, but how many do? I'm not talking about Banking jobs and the likes. Many elderly ones I know had one for many years and retired from it. Now, compare that to the instability in most businesses.

Anyways, like I said, its my preference. Some other ladies like rich business men. I've never liked business or men into it. I like career men with good and stable income. Men with jobs that provide environment for growth and career progression. That way, we can plan our family better.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by omoharry(f): 3:30pm On Jul 01, 2014
Rich4god: or better still, why do some ladies prefer already made guys than those who are still struggling....
Because those who are still struggling will now realized later, when they have arrived, that the lady that has been struggling with him is not good enough for him anymore. So Guy get off your little hill and look for something to do to make a living. Responsible men dont complain about why ladies like already men, rather they would rather focus on how they will be financially ok to start a family. Men that complain like this usually have self esteem.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2014
Phema:

Even with all the advice I may give, a business can hit the rock. Especially in this clime.

I may have a stable job but will also love him to have one too. Two good stable jobs are better than one, don't you think? wink

Nothing is sure ofcourse. One with a stable job may lose it, but how many do? I'm not talking about Banking jobs and the likes. Many elderly ones I know had one for many years and retired from it. Now, compare that to the instability in most businesses.

Anyways, like I said, its my preference. Some other ladies like rich business men. I've never liked business or men into it. I like career men with good and stable income. Men with jobs that provide environment for growth and career progression. That way, we can plan our family better.

you keep on making reference to business failing, hitting a rock, instability etc. However you forgot that those career men, if not working for the govt, are working for a business. Applying your reference of business instability to wai they work, it by extension implies that they are gona loose dia job if the business hits a rock.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
agonbello: you keep on making reference to business failing, hitting a rock, instability etc. However you forgot that those career men, if not working for the govt, are working for a business. Applying your reference of business instability to wai they work, it by extension implies that they are gona loose dia job if the business hits a rock.

And that is why I love those working in high profile government jobs. wink
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by dayus444: 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2014
Such is life
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
agonbello: you keep on making reference to business failing, hitting a rock, instability etc. However you forgot that those career men, if not working for the govt, are working for a business. Applying your reference of business instability to wai they work, it by extension implies that they are gona loose dia job if the business hits a rock.

The babe is deluded. In fact I doubt if she works cos if she's a part of present day Naija working class, she will know that no job is secure, even top shots are having it rough now. In my company about ten permanent staffs in my department were suddenly sacked last December. Including two supervisors! News going round is that more heads are rolling soon (permanent staffs o!) and I'm talking about a big multinational.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
Phema:

and they are few. In fact very few. Nigeria has a population that tends towards 200million. Govt workers are far less than 20millon.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Eyop: 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sweetlemon:

The babe is deluded. In fact I doubt if she works cos if she's a part of present day Naija working class, she will know that no job is secure, even top shots are having it rough now. In my company about ten permanent staffs in my department were suddenly sacked last December. Including two supervisors! News going round is that more heads are rolling soon (permanent staffs o!) and I'm talking about a big multinational.
cheesy grin Akara Business is even better than some nonsense jobs out there.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Dcmg(m): 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
Mad Cow:

O!! My bad...

Okay..

If its educated Busniess men, then its prolly a thing of perception. I was raised by a father who had a 9 - 5 job and was surrounded by men with white & blue collar jobs with big titles. I had no clue about the business world for years and thought of it as a lower level of the coporate world until I beacme a young boss.

So some of those girls may also have similar mentality. They dont want to introduce their husbands as 'mere business men', they would rather have a title like 'The Manager, Head of Operations, Stanbic IBTC, Lagos', e.t.c.
oga,which girl wouldn't want to marry a guy with the title of Chairman,CEO,founder of coca cola,facebook,mcdonalds,microsoft,oracle,apple,Google e.t.c.Do they even know what a businessman is?Maybe their defination of
businessmen is those ones in alaba or aba.
To start with,real entrepreneurs dnt even have time for women

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
agonbello: and they are few. In fact very few. Nigeria has a population that tends towards 200million. Govt workers are far less than 20millon.

Oh well, guess I'm lucky then. grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Eyop: 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
Dcmg: oga,which girl wouldn't want to marry a guy with the title of Chairman,CEO,founder of coca cola,facebook,mcdonalds,microsoft,oracle,apple,Google e.t.c.Do they even know what a businessman is?Maybe their defination of
1 Turbo king for you Oga
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2014
Dcmg: oga,which girl wouldn't want to marry a guy with the title of Chairman,CEO,founder of coca cola,facebook,mcdonalds,microsoft,oracle,apple,Google e.t.c.Do they even know what a businessman is?Maybe their defination of

Thank you!

Like I said, people need to meet more people and understand more about life.

I shake my head at people who think broke/low income/salary earners are more faithful than the big boys. Yes the big boys are more busy so they have less time for romance and all but they make up every now and then. They simply do not have much time to fool around and when they do, they do it with the finest women and not just any mbeke they can be lucky enough to lay.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2014
Phema:

Oh well, guess I'm lucky. grin
Lucky you. But I guess my wife "to be" (am 25 and will be getting wedded december dis year grin) is more luckier for choosing me even b4 I started my business(es). Because I strongly believe in few years to come (less than 10), I will have an income from my numerous businesses which is very much greater than what the GMD of NNPC earns "legally/genuinely".
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Eyop:
cheesy grin Akara Business is even better than some nonsense jobs out there.

I'm telling you!
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
agonbello: Lucky you. But I guess my wife "to be" (am 25 and will be getting wedded december dis year grin) is more luckier for choosing me even b4 I started my business(es). Because I strongly believe in few years to come (less than 10), I will have an income from my numerous businesses which is very much greater than what the GMD of NNPC earns "legally/genuinely".

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. I totally respect men like you. This is what being a man is all about.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2014
agonbello: Lucky you. But I guess my wife "to be" (am 25 and will be getting wedded december dis year grin) is more luckier for choosing me even b4 I started my business(es). Because I strongly believe in few years to come (less than 10), I will have an income from my numerous businesses which is very much greater than what the GMD of NNPC earns "legally/genuinely".

Oh yes! Lucky her! She loves you and your businesses! Nice.

I don't.

And this is in no way demeaning the business world/men. Its just a matter of preference. Like how one prefers one color or food over another. No biggie.

HML and welcome to da club! wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2014
Mad Cow:

SO you mean Cosmas Maduka is a grade-school drop out?! shocked shocked

O well! I am shocked but not surprised he made something out of himself.

Truth be told, I personally dont discriminate against anybody as I know a few enterprenuers that have gone on to make a killing in the business world. But like I pointed out, upbringing and outlook also differ one from another.

#StillShockedAtCosmasMaduka.. grin

Am telling u.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Eyop: 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
You never can tell brother because it's a small world. You might end up being her Boss grin grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sweetlemon:

I'm telling you!
I know of a woman that sells akara in my locality. I was surprised when I was told she is building her own house. Curiosity led me to ask her about her business. She told me she spends an average of N1,300 daily on raw materials (she actually said: firewood, oil, beans, and other ingredients) and she make an average sales of N3,500 daily. By extension, she earns a monthly income which doubles my monthly salary at my first job after graduation. The most amazing thing is she operates from 7am to about 10am, while I go to work b4 8am, and come back around 4pm.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
agonbello: I know of a woman that sells akara in my locality. I was surprised when I was told she is building her own house. Curiosity led me to ask her about her business. She told me she spends an average of N1,300 daily on raw materials (she actually said: firewood, oil, beans, and other ingredients) and she make an average sales of N3,500 daily. By extension, she earns a monthly income which doubles my monthly salary at my first job after graduation. The most amazing thing is she operates from 7am to about 10am, while I go to work b4 8am, and come back around 4pm.

The problem with most graduates is pride. They cannot do these kinds of things after all the years spent in school. But I see no biggie there. After all our education system is nothing to write home about. Imagine a manger in a multinational company not knowing what a maiden name is?!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Eyop: 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sweetlemon:

The problem with most graduates is pride. They cannot do these kinds of things after all the years spent in school. But I see no biggie there. After all our education system is nothing to write home about. Imagine a manger in a multinational company not knowing what a maiden name is?!
You and this manager sef cheesy take am easy on the poor man now.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
A 9-5 to a wealthy business man? Only in Nigeria sad
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2014
Eyop:
You and this manager sef cheesy take am easy on the poor man now.

Not just one o! Many!
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
Phema:

If you narrow it down to (Federal) government workers, I'll understand that perfectly. The salaries may be poor in many cases, but the 'Nigerian Factor' of corruption and sharp practices means that there is almost-always room for raking up a fortune through 'runs' at some point during one's long career trajectory. Even when there isn't 'runs' money available, the salary, benefits, and rock-solid job security is more than enough to find solace in. It's almost as if you need to commit murder before you would stand the risk of being sacked. Add that to the wonderful working hours (8am - 4pm, and even less in many cases) which means that one has time for other things. Little wonder (Federal) government workers are in hot demand for spouse-hunters.

Then again, we all can't work for the governmet - less than 1% of the employee population of Nigeria are government workers.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Eyop:
You never can tell brother because it's a small world. You might end up being her Boss grin grin
Uhmmm. The lady prefers high profile govt jobs. And I pray her dream materialise.
Re: Why Do Ladies Prefer A Man With Status Job To A Rich Businessman ? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 01, 2014
Phema:

Oh yes! Lucky her! She loves you and your businesses! Nice.

I don't.

And this is in no way demeaning the business world/men. Its just a matter of preference. Like how one prefers one color or food over another. No biggie.

HML and welcome to da club! wink
Thanks madam. Seriously can't wait to joil the club grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is She Giving Me Greenlight? Should I Shoot My Shot? / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships / Guy Surprises His Girlfriend With Plantain As Valentine Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.