Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Free Skill Acquisition E-Center - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center (480877 Views)

Free Skill Acquisition Serminal: Season I / SKILLS ACQUISITION SEMINAR/TRAINING / FREE Skill Acquisition Training/entrepreneurship Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by cmonek(m): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
nice .. God bless you. @OP
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 9:12am On Sep 03, 2014
cmonek: nice .. God bless you. @OP

Amen Sir.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 6:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
Alright, how many of you really want to know how to produce bar soap? I mean, people who are ready to experiment or put to use what they are learning here.

Let's see.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Juliana7: 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
I'm READY sir!
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by smallvilletolu(m): 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
Strongbest: Alright, how many of you really want to know how to produce bar soap? I mean, people who are ready to experiment or put to use what they are learning here.

Let's see.

Thanks.
RIDE ON
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
Juliana7: I'm READY sir!

Noted Ma.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 9:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
smallvilletolu: RIDE ON

Alright Sir.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
BAR SOAP LESSON 1

In this lesson, I will be introducing you to basics. And at the end of this lesson, I trust you will be able to confidently produce your own bar soap at home.

Let me just see the number of interests and the serious ones.

Stay tuned.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Juliana7: 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
Sir, u asked me to send u a mail concerning d shoe polish stuff. I ve sent u a mail. Thank u sir.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by owosweet(f): 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ds are some of my work sir, our oga @ d top.

3 Likes

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by easy2conet(f): 11:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
Am Very much interested in d Bar Soap
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 5:25am On Sep 04, 2014
owosweet: Ds are some of my work sir, our oga @ d top.

Now, this is what I'm talking about Ma. People who are ready to do business.

Even if you are not going into the business, you should be able to produce for your personal use and not just be asking and piling up formulas.

I'm so impressed ma'am, this is the kind of thing that makes me want to do more.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 5:29am On Sep 04, 2014
easy2conet: Am Very much interested in d Bar Soap

Noted Ma'am, I will be starting the lesson proper on the production of bar soaps later today.

All I want is, an assurance that everyone will start producing his/her own bar soap after the lesson.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by jendor123: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2014
I am ready boss for the soap, but i am still expecting ur gift of perfume shoe polish. I thinking about a different case for packaging it. my mail: clemencyconsult@gmail.com
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by ibizgirl(f): 10:11am On Sep 04, 2014
Wow, this is simply beautiful. Even the packaging is very neat. And you used already existing containers.

Is your name registered? If yes how did you go about it?

owosweet: Ds are some of my work sir, our oga @ d top.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2014
jendor123: I am ready boss for the soap, but i am still expecting ur gift of perfume shoe polish. I thinking about a different case for packaging it. my mail: clemencyconsult@gmail.com

Alright Sir, but I haven't seen picture of any of your production.

It's either you upload a picture of your production or you get the ebook for the bonus.....I believe that's not too hard a condition.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 11:15am On Sep 04, 2014
BAR SOAP PRODUCTION 1

Quickly, let's look at some basic chemicals (ingredients) you are going to be dealing with.

1. Caustic soda also known as lye
2.Oil (PKO)
3. Soda ash

For the purpose of this experiment, these are the basic ingredients we are going to be using for a start.

COST OF THE MATERIALS

-Caustic Soda .......................1/2 kg (90 naira)

-Soda Ash.............................1/2 kg (90 naira)

-Oil (PKO) ..............................1 litre (200 naira)

Basically, the production of soap is just a reaction between lye (caustic soda) and oil. And the process is called saponification in chemistry.

Now, let's talk a little about oil(s).
Any oil can be used for the production of soap. I mean, anything oil! Be it your cooking oil like, red oil, groundnut oil etc.
The only oil that can't be used are petroleum bia products. E.g kerosine, diesel etc.

The type of oil(s) you use in producing your soap can have a lot to say about the quality of the soap.
That's because, each oil has it's own unique quality.

More than one oil can be used to produce bar soap also.

For this experiment which I term basic, we are only going to be dealing with one type of oil. That's the commonly used oil which is PKO ( palm carnel oil).

As time goes on, in the subsequent lessons I will be introducing us to more oil(s) and ingredients that can be used in production of bar soap.
Meanwhile, I expect you to carry out this simple experiment in this lesson one. It'll really boost your confidence in producing your bar soaps and will also help you to grasp the next lesson easily.

Hence, I advise you carry out this experiment before requesting for the next lesson (lesson 2).

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
UNDERSTANDING SOME TERMINOLOGIES USED IN SOAP PRODUCTION

TRACE: it's the stage at which the mixture has thickened enough and blended
together very well, stable and ready to be poured to into the mould. At this
point, all the ingredients have mixed properly together and can't be
separated again, and therefore, safe to pour into the mould.

How To Identify Trace:

It's very important to note when your soap reaches trace. Simply take up
your stirring rod or turning stick, if it leaves a sign at the top of the
mixture, then that is your trace.

As in, the point at which you are able to
make a design or form layers on top of the mixture. You notice when you take
the stick up, the mixture dropping from the stick can stay or form a layer
at the top of the mixture in the bowl. That is your trace.

We have two types of trace, the light and heavy trace. Anyone is good.

CURING: this is the period within which the soap has to stay to be ready for
use. Usually, between 3-6 weeks.

Hope we are getting along. Please let me know if you are confused about anything. You have to take note of the terms, we shall be using them frequently as the lesson progresses.

Stay tuned.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
MEASUREMENT

I would like us to make use of familiar things as our measuring tools. Tomato tin cup and spoon. These are our measuring tools for this experiment.

Caustic soda...........1 cup
Soda ash.................1 cup
Oil (PKO)..................3 cups

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.Dilute the caustic soda with three cups of water

2.Dilute the soda ash with three cups of water also
You'll only be needing one cup each from the diluted caustic soda and soda ash. You can keep the remaining solution for another experiment or another batch of the experiment if you wish.

Or if you are not going for another batch, to avoid waste of your raw materials, simply use this formula:

-1/3cup of caustic soda diluted with one cup of water

-1/3 soda ash diluted with one cup of water

PROCEDURE

1. Put the oil in a dry pan or pot and apply heat enough to warm up the oil (do not fry please)
You may also just stir vigorously if you don't want to use heat at all in order to get your oil warmed up. But please, if the oil is in a solid state, make sure you apply heat to melt.

2. Add one cup of the diluted caustic soda (lye) and stir properly

3. Add 1 cup of the dissolved soda ash and stir properly also. Continue to stir till trace is reached.

Then pour the 'pap look like' solution into your prepared moulds. Allow to stand for 24 hours, remove from mould and allow to cure for 3-6 weeks.

What you'll have at the end of this experiment is a white colour soap.

ABOUT MOULD

You can use soap dishes (the plastic type) as your mould.
Or simply construct a wooden mould. You can ask for samples if you have no idea of what your wooden mould should look like.

Conclusion: you'll notice we didn't use up to 500 naira for this practical. And you still have enough chemicals left.
So, go ahead and produce your first bar soap. It'll encourage me to do more.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Quickly, let me explain this. In cosmetology, there are always two main aspect or let me say content of any product, which are:

-The builder

-Supplement

The builder is (are) the main ingredient(s) which you need to make your product stand or come into existence, while the supplement(s) is (are) usually the enhancers.

While the builder ensures the existences of your product, the enhancer on the other hand add values, quality and beauty to your product.

This will further take us to varieties of soap like: laundry soap, toilet soap, medicated and antiseptic soaps.

Uhmmm, let me believe you are getting me o.

Talk to you later, stay glued. Winks.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by lgboks(m): 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
Sweet...nice one man..lost myphone with pics of the bar soap I produced....looking forward to the next method grin na every daY I dey add join my knowledge base
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
lgboks: Sweet...nice one man..lost myphone with pics of the bar soap I produced....looking forward to the next method grin na every daY I dey add join my knowledge base

Ooooopz, sorry about the loss of your phone. It's really nice to know some one is practising what he's learning here. Hope you'll give it another shot again.

Yer, more to come our way later. It's just the beginning Sir.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by owosweet(f): 10:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
ibizgirl: Wow, this is simply beautiful. Even the packaging is very neat. And you used already existing containers.

Is your name registered? If yes how did you go about it?

I bought d sticker frm d market. Ask any1 selling container for any label. Its beta than not putting any thing, cos its part of marketing stuff.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by ibizgirl(f): 12:09am On Sep 05, 2014
Thanks for this info, it actually makes your product look professional

owosweet:

I bought d sticker frm d market. Ask any1 selling container for any label. Its beta than not putting any thing, cos its part of marketing stuff.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Juliana7: 12:15am On Sep 05, 2014
@ strongbest, thanks for d info, pls sir, are u saying dat it will take d above bar soap 3 to 6 weeks for d soap to cure to be ready to use. So, after we are done with d bar soap production i will ve to wait for 3 to 6 before i start use it, its dat what u are saying. And again u ve not responded to my question dat u promised to
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 9:57am On Sep 05, 2014
Juliana7: @ strongbest, thanks for d info, pls sir, are u saying dat it will take d above bar soap 3 to 6 weeks for d soap to cure to be ready to use. So, after we are done with d bar soap production i will ve to wait for 3 to 6 before i start use it, its dat what u are saying. And again u ve not responded to my question dat u promised to

Heyllo Ma'am, yes you have to allow your soap to cure. Please, I will be back to explain more on why your soap is better to be allowed to cure completely.

Saponification itself actually takes place within 12-24 hours.

I will take my time to explain to us the need for complete curing of homemade soap later.

As to your question on that stuff ma, I will definitely respond, please just be a little patient with me. Hopefully, I should be very free this weekend and I will take my time to let you have the best ma.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by atuagbo: 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
@Op am just passing by and felt in love with your marvelous work.
For the liquid soap where can I get the materials (market), want to start with the assignment you gave. Am base in Lagos. Thks

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by owosweet(f): 8:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
atuagbo: @Op am just passing by and felt in love with your marvelous work.
For the liquid soap where can I get the materials (market), want to start with the assignment you gave. Am base in Lagos. Thks

Gudday ma! U can get all d materials u need at Ojota chemical market.

2 Likes

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by atuagbo: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
owosweet:

Thank you ma.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 11:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
atuagbo: @Op am just passing by and felt in love with your marvelous work.

Heyllo Ma'am, It's nice to have you here. Hope your question has been answered. Please, feel free to ask any question any time.

Once again, welcome aboard Ma.

Thanks.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
owosweet:

Dear most senior student, thanks a lot for your helpful responds.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 7:35am On Sep 06, 2014
CURING OF SOAP

Alright, I promised to talk more on the curing of soap yesterday. Let's do that quickly this morning.

Why curing? Let me start by letting us understand something.

This is a hand made soap we are talking about here, that's no machine is involved in this case and we are not looking at adding additional heat to hurry the chemical reaction, instead, we allow it to cure naturally.

Though most soap producers wouldn't tell you this because not everyone knows what curing is even all about in the first place. To them, once a soap is 'saponified', it's ready for use. No, no! That's very wrong.

Like I rightly said yesterday, saponification of soap usually takes place - starting from the first 12 hours - 48 hours of the production. At this point, some soap would even be very hard and look ready for use, depending on the type of oil and the quantity of water used.

Please do not QOUTE me yet, typing still in progress!

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (184) (Reply)

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.