Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. (23497 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Atheists Come In Here Quickly...photo! / Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 9:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
BraveGuy:
It is apparent from most Books of the Bible whose names are associated with which Book of the 66 Books of the Bible. For example, the first five Books of the Bible, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy are called the Books of Moses. Why? Because Moses wrote them. So, it .

Pls stop going to christian apologist sites to copy and paste rubbish verbatim, Moses did NOT write anything inside the first 5 books attributed to him. . .Moses did not even write anything inside the book of Genesis. Some of the stories in the book of genesis were written hundreds of years before each other. . .

Here are the different Hebrew writing styles, and this remains the main reasons why Rabbis today have stated that Moses did not write any part of the books attributed to him. . .The Hebrew TRADITION assigned the authorship of the books to Moses but when Rabbis studied the different writing styles they concluded that Moses did not write anything inside the bible. . .

From Wikipedia. . .

Archaic Biblical Hebrew from the 10th to the 6th century BCE, corresponding to the Monarchic Period until the Babylonian Exile and represented by certain texts in the Hebrew Bible (Tanach), notably the Song of Moses (Exodus 15) and the Song of Deborah (Judges 5). Also called Old Hebrew or Paleo-Hebrew. It was written in a form of the Canaanite script. (A script descended from this is still used by the Samaritans, see Samaritan Hebrew language.)

Standard Biblical Hebrew around the 8th to 6th centuries BCE, corresponding to the late Monarchic period and the Babylonian Exile. It is represented by the bulk of the Hebrew Bible that attains much of its present form around this time. Also called Biblical Hebrew, Early Biblical Hebrew, Classical Biblical Hebrew (or Classical Hebrew in the narrowest sense).

Late Biblical Hebrew, from the 5th to the 3rd centuries BCE, that corresponds to the Persian Period and is represented by certain texts in the Hebrew Bible, notably the books of Ezra and Nehemiah. Basically similar to Classical Biblical Hebrew, apart from a few foreign words adopted for mainly governmental terms, and some syntactical innovations such as the use of the particle shel (of, belonging to). It adopted the Imperial Aramaic script (from which the modern Hebrew script descends).
Israelian Hebrew is a proposed northern dialect of biblical Hebrew, attested in all eras of the language, in some cases competing with late biblical Hebrew as an explanation for non-standard linguistic features of biblical texts.

Dead Sea Scroll Hebrew from the 3rd century BCE to the 1st century CE, corresponding to the Hellenistic and Roman Periods before the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem and represented by the Qumran Scrolls that form most (but not all) of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Commonly abbreviated as DSS Hebrew, also called Qumran Hebrew. The Imperial Aramaic script of the earlier scrolls in the 3rd century BCE evolved into the Hebrew square script of the later scrolls in the 1st century CE, also known as ketav Ashuri (Assyrian script), still in use today.

Mishnaic Hebrew from the 1st to the 3rd or 4th century CE,
corresponding to the Roman Period after the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem and represented by the bulk of the Mishnah and Tosefta within the Talmud and by the Dead Sea Scrolls, notably the Bar Kokhba Letters and the Copper Scroll. Also called Tannaitic Hebrew or Early Rabbinic Hebrew.

As I aforementioned, the Rabbis studied the different biblical Hebrew and realized that Moses did not write the books attributed to him. . .According to rabbi Boteach, Genesis chapter 2 was written in Archaic Biblical Hebrew while genesis chapter one was written in Standard Biblical Hebrew and the writing styles are centuries apart. . .Meaning when genesis chapter 2 was written the writing style used in genesis chapter one had not yet been invented. . .it came hundreds of years later. . .

Rabbinical Judaism calculated a lifespan of Moses corresponding to 1391–1271 BCE. if we are to go with this age then its clear that most of the books assigned to Moses were not written during the time of Moses because the standard biblical Hebrew style of writing which covers most parts of the hebrew bible and the books assigned to Moses was invented during the 8th to 6th centuries BCE, a period when Moses had long died. . . Get your facts right and stop copying nonsense from christian apologist sites. . .

1 Like

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lol @ Moses writing the bible I wish I had more time . But heck Wikipedia is there the bloke should read.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by kingston277(m): 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
I came across this entry on a website that seems to have been also echoed on wikipedia.
Philosophical atheist thought began to appear in Europe and Asia in the sixth or fifth century BCE. Will Durant explains that certain pygmy tribes found in Africa were observed to have no identifiable cults or rites. There were no totems, no deities, and no spirits. Their dead were buried without special ceremonies or accompanying items and received no further attention. They even appeared to lack simple superstitions, according to travelers' reports.[citation needed] The Vedahs of Ceylon[clarification needed] only admitted the possibility that deities might exist, but went no further. Neither prayers nor sacrifices were suggested in any way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism

Does anyone know if this is true?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
Kay17:
1. I enjoy your childlike innocence. The way you wholehearted accept whatever is written in the Bible. For example, you without further investigation, accepted that the books of Moses must have been written by Moses despite being written in third person and recording events that occurred thousands of years before he was born.

That is exactly what Jesus said, you need some childlike innocence. However, it doesn't mean that you should be confined in childlike manners. It is a MINDSET, for the natural man is uninitiated and cannot understand; there is a childlike simplicity attached to these things.

So you mean it is impossible that God could not have taken Moses and started showing him, as in a big screen, like a cinema? If His Creation are intelligent enough to make video records of their acts (eg a movie), why can't He?

Kay17:
Nonetheless each book clearly conveys the opinions of the writers not of God because God never said a word. God was quiet all through the Bible and neither did God himself confirm what the bible writers said was true.

So, when Daniel wrote about his spiritual encounters with angels and they spoke to him, it was his opinion?

Kay17:
2. . I'd assume your answer is no, because you referred to the Bible again. My view is the Bible is floating in midair with no foundation and without the trappings of divinity.

So, you mean all the prophecies foretold in the Bible that are unfolding daily are man-made?

I did ask, which other Book in history can match the character and essence of the Holy Bible, you are yet to answer this. This Book you claim to be floating in the air with no foundation, do you know how many lives it has transformed? Those are the REAL EXTERNAL witnesses you need. How many Books in history have done that?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje1:

Pls stop going to christian apologist sites to copy and paste rubbish verbatim, Moses did NOT write anything inside the first 5 books attributed to him. . .Moses did not even write anything inside the book of Genesis. Some of the stories in the book of genesis were written hundreds of years before each other. . .

Here are the different Hebrew writing styles, and this remains the main reasons why Rabbis today have stated that Moses did not write any part of the books attributed to him. . .The Hebrew TRADITION assigned the authorship of the books to Moses but when Rabbis studied the different writing styles they concluded that Moses did not write anything inside the bible. . .

From Wikipedia. . .

Archaic Biblical Hebrew from the 10th to the 6th century BCE, corresponding to the Monarchic Period until the Babylonian Exile and represented by certain texts in the Hebrew Bible (Tanach), notably the Song of Moses (Exodus 15) and the Song of Deborah (Judges 5). Also called Old Hebrew or Paleo-Hebrew. It was written in a form of the Canaanite script. (A script descended from this is still used by the Samaritans, see Samaritan Hebrew language.)

Standard Biblical Hebrew around the 8th to 6th centuries BCE, corresponding to the late Monarchic period and the Babylonian Exile. It is represented by the bulk of the Hebrew Bible that attains much of its present form around this time. Also called Biblical Hebrew, Early Biblical Hebrew, Classical Biblical Hebrew (or Classical Hebrew in the narrowest sense).

Late Biblical Hebrew, from the 5th to the 3rd centuries BCE, that corresponds to the Persian Period and is represented by certain texts in the Hebrew Bible, notably the books of Ezra and Nehemiah. Basically similar to Classical Biblical Hebrew, apart from a few foreign words adopted for mainly governmental terms, and some syntactical innovations such as the use of the particle shel (of, belonging to). It adopted the Imperial Aramaic script (from which the modern Hebrew script descends).
Israelian Hebrew is a proposed northern dialect of biblical Hebrew, attested in all eras of the language, in some cases competing with late biblical Hebrew as an explanation for non-standard linguistic features of biblical texts.

Dead Sea Scroll Hebrew from the 3rd century BCE to the 1st century CE, corresponding to the Hellenistic and Roman Periods before the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem and represented by the Qumran Scrolls that form most (but not all) of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Commonly abbreviated as DSS Hebrew, also called Qumran Hebrew. The Imperial Aramaic script of the earlier scrolls in the 3rd century BCE evolved into the Hebrew square script of the later scrolls in the 1st century CE, also known as ketav Ashuri (Assyrian script), still in use today.

Mishnaic Hebrew from the 1st to the 3rd or 4th century CE,
corresponding to the Roman Period after the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem and represented by the bulk of the Mishnah and Tosefta within the Talmud and by the Dead Sea Scrolls, notably the Bar Kokhba Letters and the Copper Scroll. Also called Tannaitic Hebrew or Early Rabbinic Hebrew.

As I aforementioned, the Rabbis studied the different biblical Hebrew and realized that Moses did not write the books attributed to him. . .According to rabbi Boteach, Genesis chapter 2 was written in Archaic Biblical Hebrew while genesis chapter one was written in Standard Biblical Hebrew and the writing styles are centuries apart. . .Meaning when genesis chapter 2 was written the writing style used in genesis chapter one had not yet been invented. . .it came hundreds of years later. . .

Rabbinical Judaism calculated a lifespan of Moses corresponding to 1391–1271 BCE. if we are to go with this age then its clear that most of the books assigned to Moses were not written during the time of Moses because the standard biblical Hebrew style of writing which covers most parts of the hebrew bible and the books assigned to Moses was invented during the 8th to 6th centuries BCE, a period when Moses had long died. . . Get your facts right and stop copying nonsense from christian apologist sites. . .

Your guess is a FAILURE. I didn't copy, I wrote them from what I already knew.

You write or comment as if you know everything about who I am, but you're very very far from reality. You are the one copying and pasting what you don't even understand - if you did, it would have been pardonable, but you don't even have a clue!

So, you believe EVERYTHING you read from Wikipedia? That is a FAIL, too!
grin grin
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
BraveGuy:

Your guess is a FAILURE. I didn't copy, I wrote them from what I already knew.

You write or comment as if you know everything about who I am, but you're very very far from reality. You are the one copying and pasting what you don't even understand - if you did, it would have been pardonable, but you don't even have a clue!

So, you believe EVERYTHING you read from Wikipedia? That is a FAIL, too!
grin grin

Stop talking thrash, by the way Wikipedia is very well referenced. . .it is a very credible source, much better than the christian apologist websites you keep copying and pasting from. . .By the way rabbis who are also professors of Jewish history all attest to the fact of what is written in the Wikipedia entry I posted. . .They are Jews, professors of Jewish history and practicing Rabbis. . .You don't even know what come is in the Hebrew language yet you are here blabbing nonsense. . .Below is a documentary where some of them were interviewed and gave their candid opinion on the authorship of the hebrew bible. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qalTJzk4kO0

. . .The consensus among biblical scholars is that Moses did not write any part of the books attributed to him because of the writing styles first and other reasons. . .
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Kay17: 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
BraveGuy:

That is exactly what Jesus said, you need some childlike innocence. However, it doesn't mean that you should be confined in childlike manners. It is a MINDSET, for the natural man is uninitiated and cannot understand; there is a childlike simplicity attached to these things.

So you mean it is impossible that God could not have taken Moses and started showing him, as in a big screen, like a cinema? If His Creation are intelligent enough to make video records of their acts (eg a movie), why can't He?

So, when Daniel wrote about his spiritual encounters with angels and they spoke to him, it was his opinion?

So, you mean all the prophecies foretold in the Bible that are unfolding daily are man-made?

I did ask, which other Book in history can match the character and essence of the Holy Bible, you are yet to answer this. This Book you claim to be floating in the air with no foundation, do you know how many lives it has transformed? Those are the REAL EXTERNAL witnesses you need. How many Books in history have done that?

1. The underlying factor in guile at defending the Bible is your Faith.

2. Your Faith is at work. If you approach any book with your kind of Faith, they wld be the best book in the world lool! Ask a muslim with such a faith, the Quran is the greatest book. Allah could as well put Muhammed in a cinema and show him everything.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
@KAY17
@mazaje1
@mazaje

There is evidence within the Pentateuch, which points to Mosaic authorship, since it clearly portrays Moses as the author of certain portions. “And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD” (Exodus 24:4, KJV). “And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people” (Exodus 24:7, KJV). “And the Lord said to Moses, ‘Write these words; in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel’” (Exodus 34:27, RSV). To these references many others could be added.

Not only does the internal evidence of the Scriptures make it clear that Moses wrote the Pentateuch, but other Old Testament books confirmed that Moses wrote those Books.
Joshua 8:32 (KJV) refers to “the law of Moses, which he wrote.”
Additional Old Testament references include I Kings 2:3, II Kings 14:6, and Joshua 23:6, which attribute to Moses as the writer of the Pentateuch.

Jewish tradition is firm in its belief in Mosaic authorship. Ecclesiasticus, one of the books of the apocrypha, written about 180 b.c., states, “All this is the covenant-book of God Most High, the Law which Moses enacted to be the heritage of the assemblies of Jacob” (Ecclesiasticus 24:23). The Talmud, in Baba Bathra, 146, which is a Jewish commentary on the first five books (around 200 b.c.), along with the writings of Flavius Josephus (born a.d. 37) and philo (a.d. 20) also concur.

The Jews, at the time of Jesus also confirmed this:
Mark 12:19 Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

Early Christian tradition likewise agrees that Moses composed the Pentateuch. Go and check the writings of Junilius (a.d. 527–565) and Leontius of Byzantium (sixth century a.d.) along with Church fathers Melito (a.d. 175), Cyril of Jerusalem (a.d. 348–386), and Hilary (a.d. 366) teach that Moses wrote the Pentateuch.

Add to this the testimony of the New Testament. The apostles believed that “Moses wrote unto us” (Mark 12:19, KJV) as did the apostle Paul, who when speaking of a passage in the Pentateuch said, “Moses describeth” (Romans 10:5, KJV).

However, the issue as to the writer of the first five books is once-and-for-all solved by the testimony of the God-man, Jesus Christ. Jesus made it clear that Moses wrote these books (Mark 7:10; 10:3–5; 12:26; Luke 5:14; 16:29–31; 24:27, 44; John 7:19, 23).

In John 5:45–47, Jesus states, “Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (NASB).

I would like to add two other points. Have you (or your sources) examined the evidence of history and archaeology?

Those who advocate that Moses is not the writer usually hold to the idea that there is no supernatural work of God in the world (as in your atheistic beliefs), nor has there ever been. So, it would be FOOLISH for you to believe all the historical information written about the creation of the world, the crossing of the Red Sea, conversations between God and Moses, or even the historical evidence that Moses, a prophet of God, wrote the account in the first place. The whole idea is more of a story.

First, you need to examine the evidence and then decide your case. I am not saying that simply examining the evidence means you will agree with someone else’s conclusions, but it does mean you are not rejecting the conclusions out of ignorance, but I think that is what you have leaned to do.

Second, in recent times (last 60-100yrs) archaeological finds have vindicated many of the Old Testament claims supporting the likelihood of Moses' to be the writer. This is because most all of the finds demonstrate that only someone who lived during the time the Bible claimed that Moses lived could have known and written about the things in these books.

I believe you will reconsider or review your sources again, making Wiki your final authority is the beginning of failure! There are better authority sources to check and re-check.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje1:

Stop talking thrash, by the way Wikipedia is very well referenced. . .it is a very credible source, much better than the christian apologist websites you keep copying and pasting from. . .By the way rabbis who are also professors of Jewish history all attest to the fact of what is written in the Wikipedia entry I posted. . .They are Jews, professors of Jewish history and practicing Rabbis. . .You don't even know what come is in the Hebrew language yet you are here blabbing nonsense. . .Below is a documentary where some of them were interviewed and gave their candid opinion on the authorship of the hebrew bible. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qalTJzk4kO0

. . .The consensus among biblical scholars is that Moses did not write any part of the books attributed to him because of the writing styles first and other reasons. . .

You forgot that ANYONE can write ANYTHING on Wiki grin
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Kay17:

1. The underlying factor in guile at defending the Bible is your Faith.

2. Your Faith is at work. If you approach any book with your kind of Faith, they wld be the best book in the world lool! Ask a muslim with such a faith, the Quran is the greatest book. Allah could as well put Muhammed in a cinema and show him everything.

You still have NOT answered my question.

Which BOOK in history, not just about religion, can match the Holy Bible?

As it is now, you are denying all the historical and archeological evidences that support the authenticity of the Bible.

As I mentioned previously, the Bible has scientific proofs, moral proofs, Messianic proofs, Quranic proofs and prophetic proofs that it was divinely inspired.

Also, tell me, was the Roman Empire born at the time of Daniel, when it was predicted? What about the ensuing 10 Kingdoms from the interpretation of Nebuchanzzar's dream?
http://www.alphanewsdaily.com/Warning%209%20Europe%20Unites.html
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
BraveGuy:

You forgot that ANYONE can write ANYTHING on Wiki grin

I gave you a video link where Rabbis that double as professors of Jewish history stated the facts and you are here talking rubbish. . .
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
In order to believe the bible, one must accept the possibility that Moses watched a movie and GOD was the director. Forget the fact that the event does not occur in nature.

1 Like

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje1:

I gave you a video link where Rabbis that double as professors of Jewish history stated the facts and you are here talking rubbish. . .

So, because a man (or some men) call themselves Jewish Rabbis, I must take their word as authority? What about a proper and well documented video such as below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ryGVTRop8
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Weah96: In order to believe the bible, one must accept the possibility that Moses watched a movie and GOD was the director. Forget the fact that the event does not occur in nature.

Perhaps so!

I thought you claimed that you don't have enough bandwidth to watch videos? Anyway, I will appreciate it if you can refute this video as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jargDLhjYC8
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Sir Isaac Newton's unpublished documents are being presented hundreds of years after he had died, does that mean he was not the author?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
BraveGuy: @KAY17
@mazaje1
@mazaje

There is evidence within the Pentateuch, which points to Mosaic authorship, since it clearly portrays Moses as the author of certain portions. “And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD” (Exodus 24:4, KJV). “And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people” (Exodus 24:7, KJV). “And the Lord said to Moses, ‘Write these words; in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel’” (Exodus 34:27, RSV). To these references many others could be added.

Moses was even referred to in teh 3rd person. . .No where in any of the books did Moses personally claim authorship. . .Rabbinical tradition is what ascribed the books to Moses and nothing else. . .The difference in writing styles destroys all claims that Moses wrote anything in the boks ascribed to his name. . .Provide your own evidence to counter the different biblical writing styles. . .

Not only does the internal evidence of the Scriptures make it clear that Moses wrote the Pentateuch, but other Old Testament books confirmed that Moses wrote those Books.
Joshua 8:32 (KJV) refers to “the law of Moses, which he wrote.”
Additional Old Testament references include I Kings 2:3, II Kings 14:6, and Joshua 23:6, which attribute to Moses as the writer of the Pentateuch.

Jewish tradition is firm in its belief in Mosaic authorship. Ecclesiasticus, one of the books of the apocrypha, written about 180 b.c., states, “All this is the covenant-book of God Most High, the Law which Moses enacted to be the heritage of the assemblies of Jacob” (Ecclesiasticus 24:23). The Talmud, in Baba Bathra, 146, which is a Jewish commentary on the first five books (around 200 b.c.), along with the writings of Flavius Josephus (born a.d. 37) and philo (a.d. 20) also concur.

The Jews, at the time of Jesus also confirmed this:
Mark 12:19 Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

Early Christian tradition likewise agrees that Moses composed the Pentateuch. Go and check the writings of Junilius (a.d. 527–565) and Leontius of Byzantium (sixth century a.d.) along with Church fathers Melito (a.d. 175), Cyril of Jerusalem (a.d. 348–386), and Hilary (a.d. 366) teach that Moses wrote the Pentateuch.

Add to this the testimony of the New Testament. The apostles believed that “Moses wrote unto us” (Mark 12:19, KJV) as did the apostle Paul, who when speaking of a passage in the Pentateuch said, “Moses describeth” (Romans 10:5, KJV).

However, the issue as to the writer of the first five books is once-and-for-all solved by the testimony of the God-man, Jesus Christ. Jesus made it clear that Moses wrote these books (Mark 7:10; 10:3–5; 12:26; Luke 5:14; 16:29–31; 24:27, 44; John 7:19, 23).

In John 5:45–47, Jesus states, “Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (NASB).

I would like to add two other points. Have you (or your sources) examined the evidence of history and archaeology?

Those who advocate that Moses is not the writer usually hold to the idea that there is no supernatural work of God in the world (as in your atheistic beliefs), nor has there ever been. So, it would be FOOLISH for you to believe all the historical information written about the creation of the world, the crossing of the Red Sea, conversations between God and Moses, or even the historical evidence that Moses, a prophet of God, wrote the account in the first place. The whole idea is more of a story.

First, you need to examine the evidence and then decide your case. I am not saying that simply examining the evidence means you will agree with someone else’s conclusions, but it does mean you are not rejecting the conclusions out of ignorance, but I think that is what you have leaned to do.

Second, in recent times (last 60-100yrs) archaeological finds have vindicated many of the Old Testament claims supporting the likelihood of Moses' to be the writer. This is because most all of the finds demonstrate that only someone who lived during the time the Bible claimed that Moses lived could have known and written about the things in these books.

I believe you will reconsider or review your sources again, making Wiki your final authority is the beginning of failure! There are better authority sources to check and re-check.

More thrash. there is a different between reality and tradition. . The tradition has always stated that Moses wrote it but the reality is that he didn't now where did he claim authorship, writings were done in 3rd person, very different writing styles that span years etc.. . .Where are the archaeological finds that points to Moses writing anything?. . .You just keep going to apologist sites to copy and past absolute rubbish. . .
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
BraveGuy:

So, because a man (or some men) call themselves Jewish Rabbis, I must take their word as authority? What about a proper and well documented video such as below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ryGVTRop8

They gave their very cogent reason's with the different writing styles. . .What do you know about the Hebrew language?. . .You don't even know what come is in the Hebrew language yet you are blindly disputing Rabbis that are also professors of Jewish history. . .You are clearly deluded. . .Where is your own evidence to show that the writing styles are all the same or are not different?. . .What do you know about the different writing styles used in the bible?. . .
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
Sometimes, you atheists are so funnily incredible!

Most of you rely heavily on the evidence of Science (with gaps in it). What most of failed to acknowledge was that someone such as Isaac Newton was one of the founding fathers of modern science. And almost all you do today was as a result of the influence of his achievements, and these are firmly entrenched in his faith.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje1:

They gave their very cogent reason's with the different writing styles. . .What do you know about the Hebrew language?. . .You don't even know what come is in the Hebrew language yet you are blindly disputing Rabbis that are also professors of Jewish history. . .You are clearly deluded. . .Where is your own evidence to show that the writing styles are all the same or are not different?. . .What do you know about the different writing styles used in the bible?. . .

My friend, you are the deluded one. grin

I have my STRONG'S that help me with Hebrew or GREEK. And for your information, the Old Testament wasn't written in just the Hebrew language, but also Aramaic.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
BraveGuy: Sometimes, you atheists are so funnily incredible!
Most of you rely heavily on the evidence of Science (with gaps in it). What most of failed to acknowledge was that someone such as Isaac Newton was one of the founding fathers of modern science. And almost all you do today was as a result of the influence of his achievements, and these are firmly entrenched in his faith.

Be quite, you keep posting thrash, you posted a documentary by James Cameron a ridiculous fellow who claimed to have found the Tomb of the son of Jesus christ in his documentary tilled "The Last Tomb Of Christ". . .You keep posting thrash. . .From a white girls drawing of a white man as your god to documentary made by shady characters that are just out to get money. . .archaeologists have challenged his claims, saying that his idea fails to hold by by archaeological standards, but makes for profitable television. . . .You are very funny. . .
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
Accepting the possibility that Moses watched a movie is like conceding any hope of solving the mystery. Out of all available possibilities, it may be the least likely. The most likely scenario remains the likelihood that someone told a lie.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
BraveGuy:

My friend, you are the deluded one. grin

I have my STRONG'S that help me with Hebrew or GREEK. And for your information, the Old Testament wasn't written in just the Hebrew language, but also Aramaic.

The OT is also partly written in some kind of Canaanite language. . .You have your strong?. . .What's that?. . .what do you know about the different writing styles that are found inside the Hebrew bible?. . .Where did Moses claim authorship of any book?. . .Is your strong or what ever you call him/her a professor of Jewish history?. . .Is he a rabbi?. . .Hope you know that is is actually mordern day rabbis that challened the tradition that says Moses wrote the fist 5 books because of the different writing styles. . .The consensus amonst bible scholars is that Moses did not write anything. . .You are not a bible scholar, you don't even know what come is in Hebrew, Canaanite or Aramaic. . . So what are you blabbing about when rabbis that are professors of Jewish history are talking?. . .
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
Not one single evidence of the divine origins of the bible has been provided. Braveguy, I'm disappointed. Show me something which could only indicate that someone with the attributes of Yahweh must be the source of the bible. From my vantage point, it looks like mammals wrote it. Mammals like me.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje1:

Be quite, you keep posting thrash, you posted a documentary by James Cameron a ridiculous fellow who claimed to have found the Tomb of the son of Jesus christ in his documentary tilled "The Last Tomb Of Christ". . .You keep posting thrash. . .From a white girls drawing of a white man as your god to documentary made by shady characters that are just out to get money. . .archaeologists have challenged his claims, saying that his idea fails to hold by by archaeological standards, but makes for profitable television. . . .You are very funny. . .

grin

You are the one who should be quiet, my friend, you're the deluded one.

Please disprove the Isaac Newton one wink
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Heathen(m): 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
BraveGuy: Sometimes, you atheists are so funnily incredible!

If Newton knew what we know today back then, just like majority of modern scientists, he'd be atheist.

1 Like

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
mazaje1:

The OT is also partly written in some kind of Canaanite language. . .You have your strong?. . .What's that?. . .what do you know about the different writing styles that are found inside the Hebrew bible?. . .Where did Moses claim authorship of any book?. . .Is your strong or what ever you call him/her a professor of Jewish history?. . .Is he a rabbi?. . .Hope you know that is is actually mordern day rabbis that challened the tradition that says Moses wrote the fist 5 books because of the different writing styles. . .The consensus amonst bible scholars is that Moses did not write anything. . .You are not a bible scholar, you don't even know what come is in Hebrew, Canaanite or Aramaic. . . So what are you blabbing about when rabbis that are professors of Jewish history are talking?. . .

grin

Show me where Moses denied that he wrote it.

Joshua said he did
The prophets said he did
The Jews said he did
Jesus said he did
History said he did
Archeology said he did

You and your so-called Jewish rabbis deny that he did.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Kay17: 11:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
@braveguy

I'm trying to keep this simple.for us to define what Divine inspiration would mean is to assume God's existence. It is to put the cart before the horse. The bible was supposed to be the proof of God's existence and also define who God is. However we have been able to discover through discourse that the Biblical writers developed the concept of divine inspiration upon which they rested their work.

However it is actually their own opinion on what divine inspiration means. Braveguy you need a clear mind to understand what I am saying.

Secondly, if you are aware of biblical texts and their history, you would know that the writer of the book of Daniels was NOT writing from Daniel's time rather a later period. The writer was actually making pseudo prophecies.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 11:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
Heathen: If Newton knew what we know today back then, just like majority of modern scientists, he'd be atheist.

Really? grin
You sound as if you're so sure. So, there were no atheists at his time? You're probably the first atheist. grin You know how your science has progressed since Isaac Newton first enacted the laws of motion grin
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 12:07am On Jul 23, 2014
Kay17: @braveguy

I'm trying to keep this simple.for us to define what Divine inspiration would mean is to assume God's existence. It is to put the cart before the horse. The bible was supposed to be the proof of God's existence and also define who God is. However we have been able to discover through discourse that the Biblical writers developed the concept of divine inspiration upon which they rested their work.

However it is actually their own opinion on what divine inspiration means. Braveguy you need a clear mind to understand what I am saying.

Secondly, if you are aware of biblical texts and their history, you would know that the writer of the book of Daniels was NOT writing from Daniel's time rather a later period. The writer was actually making pseudo prophecies.

I am also trying my best to reason along with you, but finding it impossible to jump into the black hole that seem to be your preference, KAY17. It is a hole of nothingness.

Daniel 7:1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.

I have cited references from within the Bible itself and outside of it as proof that in some cases, Moses and Daniel, as an example that they WROTE the books themselves. But, because you don't want to accept the basis (or source) of their inspiration, you keep deflecting the idea.

How else do you want it written?

Moses wrote.... Daniel wrote..... Etc., It is you who need to accept the facts.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 12:23am On Jul 23, 2014
@KAY17

I will cite two SCIENTIFIC proofs:
1. The discovery that the planet earth is a circle.
Hundreds of years before Copernicus and Galileo discovered that the planet earth is a sphere, the prophet Isaiah declared: “It is He who sits above the circle of the earth” (Isaiah40:22), while the Quran, which came almost 1300 years after Isaiah, says that the planet earth is flat.

These are the words of the Quran, “Do they not consider… how the earth has been flattened out?”

(Surat Al-Ghashiyah 88:20 – T.B. Irving – The First American Version).

2. The discovery that the planet earth is hanging on nothing.
Neil Armstrong, the astronaut who went to the moon, was asked, “What is the most magnificent thing you have seen in your way to the moon?” He replied, “The most magnificent thing I have seen in my space journey is that the planet earth is hanging on nothing.” What this astronaut declared had been uttered by Job thousands of years before.

Job said:
He stretches out the north over the empty place, and hangs the earth upon nothing (Job 26:7)

What shall I say about NUCLEAR physics from the BIBLE....
The discovery of the crushing of the atom and atomic energy.
When Dalton presented his atomic theory, saying that the atom has neutrons, electrons and protons, and claiming that if we can crush the atom, we can destroy the universe, scientists stood in wonder. Hundreds of years before Dalton’s atomic theory the apostle Peter, who was a fisherman, wrote by the Holy Spirit the following words concerning the crushing of the atoms:

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements (atoms) will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up (2 Peter 3:10 – NKJ)

How many ancient books or texts are anywhere close to the Bible? This is about my third or fourth time of asking and you have still not been able to provide one.

And we have still not even touched one of my favorite subjects, DNA. Do you know that all the previous books on the Biology of Genes have almost become completely obsolete? New Biology is replacing it. And you know which Book New Biology confirms? The Bible! In fact, the first Geneticist was Jacob in the Bible. Do you know this?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 12:33am On Jul 23, 2014
^^^ Do you consider those points you mentioned here to be evidence of the claim that only someone with Yahweh's attributes is the source of the bible?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 4:00am On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy:

grin

Show me where Moses denied that he wrote it.

Joshua said he did
The prophets said he did
The Jews said he did
Jesus said he did
History said he did
Archeology said he did

You and your so-called Jewish rabbis deny that he did.

Who is Joshua and where did Joshua said Moses wrote genesis?. . .Where did Jesus say Moses wrote Leviticus?. . .Which archaeology and where does it say Moses wrote Exodus?. . .Moses wrote about his death and as well, eh?. . .I gave you a single point which is the different writing styles, which puts an end to all the nonsense you have been saying. . .You have a rabbinical tradition that says Moses wrote some things, the same Rabbis looked at it closely and realized that the tradition was wrong. . . .Keep dancing around. . .You have nothing to show only that I believe. . .Where did Moses claim authorship of any book in the bible?. . .Do you even know how those books were written?. . .Why is genesis two written in old hebrew and genesis one written in the standard biblical hebrew?. . .The standard biblical hebrew was invented very long after the supposed life time of Moses so how did Moses write it?. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? / Christian Man Converts To Islam In Borno State, Calls Himself Abubakar / Bishop Oyedepo Fires Back At Erelu Agbaye, Says Allegation Of Occultism Amounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.