Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,445 members, 7,954,756 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:34 AM

Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. (23954 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Atheists Come In Here Quickly...photo! / Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
"When atheism is stripped of pompous proclamations and arrogant allegations, its naked soul is seen for what it really is: weak, illogical, unscientific, and worthless. Atheists blindly believe that, for example, life came from non-life. Rather than accept what scientific experimentation has repeatedly concluded over the past 200 years (that in nature life comes only from life and that of its own kind), atheists remain committed to a disproven theory. Man has never witnessed mindlessness bring forth intelligence. He’s never seen something come from nothing." - Eric Lyons
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 4:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy: "When atheism is stripped of pompous proclamations and arrogant allegations, its naked soul is seen for what it really is: weak, illogical, unscientific, and worthless. Atheists blindly believe that, for example, life came from non-life. Rather than accept what scientific experimentation has repeatedly concluded over the past 200 years (that in nature life comes only from life and that of its own kind), atheists remain committed to a disproven theory. Man has never witnessed mindlessness bring forth intelligence. He’s never seen something come from nothing." - Eric Lyons

Yet you believe your god created everything from nothing, eh?. . . grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
mazaje1:

Yet you believe your god created everything from nothing, eh?. . . grin grin

God back to what the definition of who God is, then come back..... Let me point you in the right direction, before you make a fool of yourself again.... God breathed into his nostrils and he became a living soul..... Living God breathed into a lifeless body.....
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Kay17: 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
@braveguy

I have given you my take on the Bible. By the way, since you trust scientific explanations, why don't you accept the prevalent scientific cosmological theory - the Big Ban.g theory - it looks like you pick and choose what you want.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 5:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
@KAY17.... I would like to add a point or two to my previous comment in reply to you.

I quoted scriptures that, “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:20-21)

A casual reading of 2 Peter 1:20—with little concern for the context in which the passage is found—might very well lead one to understand the verse in such a manner. However, a closer examination of this passage reveals that it is not just about those who read the Scriptures, but also refers to those who wrote the Scriptures as well. By studying the context of the passage, one learns that the passage is discussing how the Scriptures came into existence, not just how they are to be “interpreted.”

Continuing the thought from verse 20 to verse 21, we read: “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” (emphasis added). That little word “for” in verse 21 connects the two thoughts.

The reason that “no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation” is because “prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” (emp. added). The word “for” connects the two thoughts.

Peter is saying that the prophets did not invent what they wrote; rather, they were guided by the Holy Spirit (also check 2 Timothy 3:16-17). No doubt this is why the NIV reads: “No prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation” (2 Peter 1:20, emp. added)

In any case, you can choose what you will - Accept or Reject - choice is yours.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by TheBigUrban2: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy: "When atheism is stripped of pompous proclamations and arrogant allegations, its naked soul is seen for what it really is: weak, illogical, unscientific, and worthless. Atheists blindly believe that, for example, life came from non-life. Rather than accept what scientific experimentation has repeatedly concluded over the past 200 years (that in nature life comes only from life and that of its own kind), atheists remain committed to a disproven theory. Man has never witnessed mindlessness bring forth intelligence. He’s never seen something come from nothing." - Eric Lyons

Eric Lyons is a cow
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 5:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy:

God back to what the definition of who God is, then come back..... Let me point you in the right direction, before you make a fool of yourself again.... God breathed into his nostrils and he became a living soul..... Living God breathed into a lifeless body.....

You have a video evidence for this or are you just regurgitating ancient hebrew mythology and fiction?. . .
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
Kay17: @braveguy

I have given you my take on the Bible. By the way, since you trust scientific explanations, why don't you accept the prevalent scientific cosmological theory - the Big Ban.g theory - it looks like you pick and choose what you want.

To be honest with you, when I first heard of the Big Bang Theory, I could see some credibility and even compatibility with Genesis 1 there. But, you and I know that with the advent of the "redshift" explanation and also a very strong point made by someone of the crucial beginning, I began to doubt the theory. See:
"If the open universe we see today is extrapolated back near the beginning, the ratio of the actual density of matter in the universe to the critical density must differ from unity by just a part in 1059. Any larger deviation would result in a universe already collapsed on itself or already dissipated."
Read more here:
http://metaresearch.org/cosmology/BB-top-30.asp

Now the Higgs Boson theory is of a higher calibre scientific explanation, too. But then, it has a lot of holes as well.

This is what they are calling the "holy grail of particle physics," over at CERN. They spent 10 billion to build it just to find the Higgs Boson, after all.

I just felt my Bible gives the BEST plausible beginning to Creation and I'm yet to see any notable theory dispossess it. It says of the Creator in Hebrews 1:3,
"who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" (ASV)
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
mazaje1:

You have a video evidence for this or are you just regurgitating ancient hebrew mythology and fiction?. . .

You're just churning out nonsense without thinking!
grin

How did you think paramedics came about the "Kiss of Life"?

Go and read more

grin grin
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
[quote author=BraveGuy]

You're just churning out nonsense without thinking!
grin

How did you think paramedics came about the "Kiss of Life"?

Go and read more

grin grin[/quote

Kiss of life?. . Do you have a video evidence to show that the jewish god gave life to any man?. . .
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
I would like to add more on The God Particle dilemma.

This latest endeavor at CERN's Large Hadron Collider (LHC) because the search may reveal unknown subatomic particles. They are on a quest not to prove the big bang, they hope that to be a byproduct of the experiments, what the real primer of all these experiments, all these resources (US$9-10Billion), and great minds hope to find is something called, ironically dubbed 'The God Particle.'

The Higgs particle that can explain many things. They believe, it's a particle, or set of particles, that might give others mass. It would put many pieces into place and help complete the puzzle. It's no wonder they named it the God particle. God could certainly accomplish that. You atheists, why didn't you argue with those scientists that they are even wrong to name that elusive particle - God Particle?

I believe I have found it! The Bible gives the source and it's the last place scientists are looking at, so they will NEVER find it. It is in the MOUTH of GOD.

Hebrews 1:3,
"Who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" (American Standard Version)

When ANY of you get brave enough, go and take time to study the evidence being presented in NEW BIOLOGY, you will make astonishing discoveries that are making biology experts rethink and rewrite their textbooks.

You will finally discover that NEW BIOLOGY leads you back into the Bible as TRUE!
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
I remember discussing the evidence of divine authorship of the bible with a Christian right here on this site. I can't recall his handle, but he was very forthright and honest. He defended his beliefs about Jesus, by admitting that it was based on faith and corroborated by his experience only. He then astonished me by acknowledging that he understood the evidence required to link the bible with Yahweh, and that such evidence was unavailable. I couldn't help but respect the guy. He proved his faith by his honesty. The apologists I've encountered since then have turned out to be liars first and Christians second.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
Weah96: I remember discussing the evidence of divine authorship of the bible with a Christian right here on this site. I can't recall his handle, but he was very forthright and honest. He defended his beliefs about Jesus, by admitting that it was based on faith and corroborated by his experience only. He then astonished me by acknowledging that he understood the evidence required to link the bible with Yahweh, and that such evidence was unavailable. I couldn't help but respect the guy. He proved his faith by his honesty. The apologists I've encountered since then have turned out to be liars first and Christians second.

See delusion. . .

BraveGuy:
"Who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

What has this got to do with scientist at CERN? grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
mazaje1:

See delusion. . .

For the first time, Mazaje, you and I agree on the same thing

grin grin grin
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy: I would like to add more on The God Particle dilemma.

This latest endeavor at CERN's Large Hadron Collider (LHC) because the search may reveal unknown subatomic particles. They are on a quest not to prove the big bang, they hope that to be a byproduct of the experiments, what the real primer of all these experiments, all these resources (US$9-10Billion), and great minds hope to find is something called, ironically dubbed 'The God Particle.'

The Higgs particle that can explain many things. They believe, it's a particle, or set of particles, that might give others mass. It would put many pieces into place and help complete the puzzle. It's no wonder they named it the God particle. God could certainly accomplish that. You atheists, why didn't you argue with those scientists that they are even wrong to name that elusive particle - God Particle?

I believe I have found it! The Bible gives the source and it's the last place scientists are looking at, so they will NEVER find it. It is in the MOUTH of GOD.

"Who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" (American Standard Version)

When ANY of you get brave enough, go and take time to study the evidence being presented in NEW BIOLOGY, you will make astonishing discoveries that are making biology experts rethink and rewrite their textbooks.

You will finally discover that NEW BIOLOGY leads you back into the Bible as TRUE!

I studied biology at the graduate and undergraduate levels at Georgia State and Clayton State. I completed both programs. What in the world are you talking about?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
Weah96:

I studied biology at the graduate and undergraduate levels at Georgia State and Clayton State. I completed both programs. What in the world are you talking about?

I TIRE!!!. . grin grin
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
Weah96:

Great! Good foundation to start your research into NEW Biology.

You can start from this public lecture by Dr Bruce Lipton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq_QJVaINT0

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ8tR7Rf7rs
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by TheBigUrban2: 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
This braveguy needs flogging.

Sir, you have been talking nonsense for over 3days on this thread. SHARRAP angry

Seriously, you have the nerve to talk about biology when you believe that a dead man came back to life. The dead man was first beaten, then nailed to a cross and then stabbed in the side to check if he really died.

How is that biologically possible? A man that bled to death coming back to life?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
mazaje1:

See delusion. . .

EVERYTHING!

The elusive particle is the SPOKEN WORD of God, which contains the energy that holds/supports/glues ALL things to be held together. I am happy that you will take the time to listen to some of the lectures of Dr Lipton. Afterwards, I will explain to you that all he was trying to explain was already in the Bible.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy:

EVERYTHING!

The elusive particle is the SPOKEN WORD of God, which contains the energy that holds/supports/glues ALL things to be held together. I am happy that you will take the time to listen to some of the lectures of Dr Lipton. Afterwards, I will explain to you that all he was trying to explain was already in the Bible.

You are deluded and crazy. . .The spoken word is the word of god because you foolishly said so?. . . grin
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
TheBigUrban2: This braveguy needs flogging.

Sir, you have been talking nonsense for over 3days on this thread. SHARRAP angry

Seriously, you have the nerve to talk about biology when you believe that a dead man came back to life. The dead man was first beaten, then nailed to a cross and then stabbed in the side to check if he really died.

How is that biologically possible? A man that bled to death coming back to life?

Another diversion? Are you questioning the Resurrection ​now?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by TheBigUrban2: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy:

Another diversion? Are you questioning the Resurrection ​now?

not a diversion....you were talking about biology
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Kay17: 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy:

To be honest with you, when I first heard of the Big Bang Theory, I could see some credibility and even compatibility with Genesis 1 there. But, you and I know that with the advent of the "redshift" explanation and also a very strong point made by someone of the crucial beginning, I began to doubt the theory. See:
"If the open universe we see today is extrapolated back near the beginning, the ratio of the actual density of matter in the universe to the critical density must differ from unity by just a part in 1059. Any larger deviation would result in a universe already collapsed on itself or already dissipated."
Read more here:
http://metaresearch.org/cosmology/BB-top-30.asp

Now the Higgs Boson theory is of a higher calibre scientific explanation, too. But then, it has a lot of holes as well.

This is what they are calling the "holy grail of particle physics," over at CERN. They spent 10 billion to build it just to find the Higgs Boson, after all.

I just felt my Bible gives the BEST plausible beginning to Creation and I'm yet to see any notable theory dispossess it. It says of the Creator in Hebrews 1:3,
"who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" (ASV)

So you know most scientific cosmological theories conflict with the Bible?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
@ TheBigUrban2
@ mazaje
@ mazaje1

I challenged you guys to the video of Isaac Newton private research discoveries; You are yet to report back if Isaac Newton was deluded and crazy, too. Was he?

If you forgot, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7xTqx7tv_w

Happy Viewing wink
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by mazaje1: 7:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy: @ TheBigUrban2
@ mazaje
@ mazaje1

I challenged you guys to the video of Isaac Newton private research discoveries; You are yet to report back if Isaac Newton was deluded and crazy, too. Was he?

If you forgot, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7xTqx7tv_w

Happy Viewing wink

Issac newton said the world will end in the year 2060, eh?. . .You are deluded. . . .from a white girl's painting of a white man as god, to Issac newton saying that the world will end in 2060. . .brother go and sleep. . .
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Kay17: 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy:

EVERYTHING!

The Bible didn't say a word on that either.

I forgot to ask a very important question: where are the interpretational rules used to understand the Bible, found?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy:

Great! Good foundation to start your research into NEW Biology.

Halfway into the first video, and the man is already telling lies. All undergraduate biology students must study epigenetics. Many universities offer it as a separate course, including GSU. Scientists have known for some time now that a man is not only his genes, but a combination of genes and environmental interactions. There are two kinds of environmental interactions that impact our phenotype as far as DNA is concerned: those that alter the nucleotide sequence (Hiroshima survivors) and those that don't. In the latter, the gene is switched off or on based on the influence of environmental factors, but the sequence of nucleotides remains unchanged. That is Epigenetics. Most ordinary people know about this. I've even heard stoners like Joe Rogan mention it on his podcast. Why is the good doctor attributing an imaginary position to the scientific community? Here is a Nature article from 2008, the year I graduated college. It wasn't a secret, even 6 years ago.

http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/environment-controls-gene-expression-sex-determination-and-982
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy:

EVERYTHING!

The elusive particle is the SPOKEN WORD of God, which contains the energy that holds/supports/glues ALL things to be held together.

Those scientists are chasing their own tails. It is consciousness that should be investigated, not particles or the words in your bronze age novel. Observation, or consciousness was the precursor to all of this madness. Everything has been expanding since that first observer or consciousness emerged.
http://c.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/consciousness-health/2013/oct/13/nobel-prize-god-particle-discovery-prompts-deeper-/
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
Kay17:

The Bible didn't say a word on that either.

I forgot to ask a very important question: where are the interpretational rules used to understand the Bible, found?

I will start giving you straight answers, if you can understand fine, if not, tough!

It is found in the pattern of the Tabernacle of Moses. The Rules are in three levels:
Outer Court
Holy Place
Holy of Holies.

I learnt that from Brother John (he has been quiet since he joined NL). See here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1799532/pattern-letter-veil
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
Weah96:

Halfway into the first video, and the man is already telling lies. All undergraduate biology students must study epigenetics. Many universities offer it as a separate course, including GSU. Scientists have known for some time now that a man is not only his genes, but a combination of genes and environmental interactions. There are two kinds of environmental interactions that impact our phenotype as far as DNA is concerned: those that alter the nucleotide sequence (Hiroshima survivors) and those that don't. In the latter, the gene is switched off or on based on the influence of environmental factors, but the sequence of nucleotides remains unchanged. That is Epigenetics. Most ordinary people know about this. I've even heard stoners like Joe Rogan mention it on his podcast. Why is the good doctor attributing an imaginary position to the scientific community? Here is a Nature article from 2008, the year I graduated college. It wasn't a secret, even 6 years ago.

http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/environment-controls-gene-expression-sex-determination-and-982

I will try to find time to read that article.

But are you saying that perception has no effect on gene manipulation?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
BraveGuy:

I will try to find time to read that article.

But are you saying that perception has no effect on gene manipulation?

The article says that it does. What is known as perception is only a series of chemical reactions modulated by enzymes. Enzymes can, by themselves, alter the environment of a nucleus enough to cause a change in phenotype. The article gives an example of one such enzyme, N-acetyltransferase. It is possible for the enzymes associated with certain emotional states to alter the phenotype of an individual, for good or bad.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Papacypaul(m): 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
I love you but I am gonna roast you in my celestial oven for ever if you dont love me back,I am wise and benevolent but I am going to punish all your descendants because you ate a fruit,I want you to let my people go but I am going to harden your heart so you refuse to let them go so I can kill your children to show how mighty I am.
This guy should be in a lunatic asylum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

God Will Save Common Nigerians Oppressed By Those In Authority – Adeboye / Noise Pollution: Court Seals Anambra Church, Issues Ten Days Relocation Notice / Kukah: Nigerian Leaders Steal Money, Go To Jerusalem, Saudi To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.