Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230651 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/terrorism-army-warns-personnel-against-misuse-of-social-media/&sa=U&ei=6EnVU9i-D8SCPbSRgdgP&ved=0CBYQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNGkfco8-XcxJCkMWuTZS_U5_ca5yg

FINAL GOODBYES...
I, SiriusBlack, about a month ago, started this thread on this wonderful platform called Nairaland to show Nigerians the struggles and successes of the Gallant NIGERIAN ARMY through pictorials..the thread was all I did with my spare time, uploading photos and encouraging Nigerians that the Army was working to make the average Nigerian safe..Thanks to guys like Henry's intelligent analysis of weapon systems, EasternLeopard's quite unorthodox tactical advice, Jakumo's frank assessments, IbnSultans ceaseless encouragement, Komekn's constructive criticism, quid's insults, adeyemik's comments, cirmuell's early morning greetings(I see ya bro!), Chris365's encouragements and all other friends I made here while doing this work, we built what can be said th be the best social media thread in this country...I enjoyed all the appreciation of this country's fighting men who toil day and night in the trenches fighting for peace..I was flipping. A popular Defence blog today, when I saw something that broke my heart and almost drove me to tears..while I have never admitted to being a soldier, I felt like the COAS's comments were aimed at this threas and all another defence blog we all know about...I felt sad and disappointed..the COAS referred to internet campaigns for the army as work of "Unpatriotic" and "Disgruntled" elements...my heart sank...all I wanted was some P.R for this war on terror..since all we were fed was inaccuracies on SaharaReporters and co..The Army chief, I believe, simply means that he does not want us to do PR for the Army anymore...perhaps Olukolade can handle it...anyway, I decided to respect his wishes and stop...I still have 654 photos in my archives, with 63 coming in today...but, now, ill stop now...Let the army do its work itself..not to give "disgruntled" elements like me..lol...the journey has been good so far...for now, its Goodbye..ill only resume posting if the Army officially hints that I can continue..till then, wish me luck, pray for me, as I shall, for you all...
Goodbye SIRS.(Salute)

It has been one amazing ride, SiriusBlack, but if you have seen what you feel is a confirmed instruction from the army top brass that they now prefer that this series of battle-front dispatches to be stopped in the interests of operational secrecy, then we the appreciative audience respect our man Sirius Black for abiding by that expressed wish, EVEN IF this fascinating glimpse into Nigeria's war on terror is replaced by a wall of silence as the rest of the war rages.

The thoughts and prayers of the entire free world are with the fighting men and women of the Nigerian military, and, thanks to the foregoing thread and its educative photographic journal, we can picture in our mind's eye the bleak desert landscape, the random horror, the daily acts of unsung heroism, the tragic losses, and, in the fullness of time, the outright victory that will be recorded, of good over evil, amid the burning sands of the Sambisa.

Thanks for the front row seat, Sirius Black. Hopefully the powers that be in the Nigerian military will take a moment at some point to look over the inspired flow of ideas written on these past pages by contributors united in resolve to see the Nigerian army equipped with the very best gear needed to make this war as short as possible.

Lock and Load Nigerian soldiers ! Give them HELL !

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by thunderrider: 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
I will definitely miss your post
cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Jakumo:

It has been one amazing ride, SiriusBlack, but if you have seen what you feel is a confirmed instruction from the army top brass that they now prefer that this series of battle-front dispatches to be stopped in the interests of operational secrecy, then we the appreciative audience respect our man Sirius Black for abiding by that expressed wish, EVEN IF this fascinating glimpse into Nigeria's war on terror is replaced by a wall of silence as the rest of the war rages.

The thoughts and prayers of the entire free world are with the fighting men and women of the Nigerian military, and, thanks to the foregoing thread and its educative photographic journal, we can picture in our mind's eye the bleak desert landscape, the random horror, the daily acts of unsung heroism, the tragic losses, and, in the fullness of time, the outright victory that will be recorded, of good over evil, amid the burning sands of the Sambisa.
abi naa...Keep me in your prayers bro...ill deactivate my account very soon.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by alienvirus: 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
@ Siriusblack. The only suggestion I can come up with to end the boko menace is an ORGANIZED IMPLOSION. Infiltrate them with a group of patriotic military men who could do it. All they need to do is to integrate themselves into the bokoharam group and implode all of sudden causing commotion and infighting/uprising within the group. My 2 cents.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 8:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: abi naa...Keep me in your prayers bro...ill deactivate my account very soon.

If you need to hunker down and change identity or IP to stay cool, we'll assume that you will remain somewhere in the cosmos, diligently keeping the historical record of battle front photographs that will one day be requested of you, when the full story of the Sambisa War can finally be told.

Adios Amigo ! Vamunos !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
Jakumo:

If you need to hunker down and change identity or IP to stay cool, we'll assume that you will remain somewhere in the cosmos, diligently keeping the historical record of battle front photographs that will one day be requested of you, when the full story of the Sambisa War can finally be told.

Adios Amigo ! Vamunos !
Naa.......its a child who lifts his hands, that the mother will carry...I have risked my job to do this..right now, I just feel I need a beer.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by decatalyst(m): 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/terrorism-army-warns-personnel-against-misuse-of-social-media/&sa=U&ei=6EnVU9i-D8SCPbSRgdgP&ved=0CBYQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNGkfco8-XcxJCkMWuTZS_U5_ca5yg

FINAL GOODBYES...
I, SiriusBlack, about a month ago, started this thread on this wonderful platform called Nairaland to show Nigerians the struggles and successes of the Gallant NIGERIAN ARMY through pictorials..the thread was all I did with my spare time, uploading photos and encouraging Nigerians that the Army was working to make the average Nigerian safe..Thanks to guys like Henry's intelligent analysis of weapon systems, EasternLeopard's quite unorthodox tactical advice, Jakumo's frank assessments, IbnSultans ceaseless encouragement, Komekn's constructive criticism, quid's insults, adeyemik's comments, cirmuell's early morning greetings(I see ya bro!), Chris365's encouragements and all other friends I made here while doing this work, we built what can be said th be the best social media thread in this country...I enjoyed all the appreciation of this country's fighting men who toil day and night in the trenches fighting for peace..I was flipping. A popular Defence blog today, when I saw something that broke my heart and almost drove me to tears..while I have never admitted to being a soldier, I felt like the COAS's comments were aimed at this threas and all another defence blog we all know about...I felt sad and disappointed..the COAS referred to internet campaigns for the army as work of "Unpatriotic" and "Disgruntled" elements...my heart sank...all I wanted was some P.R for this war on terror..since all we were fed was inaccuracies on SaharaReporters and co..The Army chief, I believe, simply means that he does not want us to do PR for the Army anymore...perhaps Olukolade can handle it...anyway, I decided to respect his wishes and stop...I still have 654 photos in my archives, with 63 coming in today...but, now, ill stop now...Let the army do its work itself..not to give "disgruntled" elements like me..lol...the journey has been good so far...for now, its Goodbye..ill only resume posting if the Army officially hints that I can continue..till then, wish me luck, pray for me, as I shall, for you all...
Goodbye SIRS.(Salute)

Ur comment cuts deep like a knife slicing through a soft bread laced with butter. Your thread is the reason I check NL every 15min because I get informed and educated. I will miss everything here. So sad... cry

FINAL GOODBYES...
Goodbye SIRS.(Salute)

Ur comment cuts deep like a knife slicing through a soft bread laced with butter. Your thread is the reason I check NL every 15min because I get informed and educated. I will miss everything here. So sad...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Too bad some folks don't like critism and advice. The US military uses info from the media to improve it effeciency. Here its differents. Tradition shouldn't be static. NA needs to evolve to a morden army. May almighty Allah continue to guide and protect @siriusblack and other combat personnels in the Military.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2014

FINAL GOODBYES...
Goodbye SIRS.(Salute)

Nigerian military and their secrecy.

That is how we lost thousands of troops in sierra leone and liberia but claimed victory which unknow to Nigerians was a pyhric victory especially when you consider the fact that many wore motor cycle helmets to battle.

I just pity the boys now that the military wants to become secretive since corruption tends to thrive in a secretive system.

My advice to you is that if you pray 1hr before, pray 3hrs now because you guys are about face the untold story of our campaign in Liberia and Sierra Leone.

I pity Minimah

He is a COAS who do not know the effect of propaganda on the national fighting spirit.

B4 the end of next year Minimah will witness an unprecedented desertion and cowardice on the part of the military as Sahara and other BH media outlet will paint the war gloomy and unwinnable.

The number of military applicants will drop and those who joined out of unemployment will avoid combat the way the police avoid armed robbers.

Pls keep collecting photos it will be needed in the future to tell the story of unknown soldiers.

As for your advice thanks but remember through out military victories it was unconventional tactics that brought decisive victories.

Note

Today's conventional tactics was Yesterday's unconventional tactics eg Napoleon's non-battle array tactics, Hitler's blizkreig tactics, Vietnam tunnels etc

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cool318(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: abi naa...Keep me in your prayers bro...ill deactivate my account very soon.
We will all miss you.
We happen to be in a Country where the Truth MUST not be told as a result of Gross Corruption. Which Country in the World doesnt advertise their Armoury to Instill fears into a would be enemy?
God be with u SIRUSBLACK & ur Comrades in the Frontlines.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
NL

Let's keep this trend on by posting modern weapons tactics strategies military history, great wars etc

Jakumo quid ibnsultan and the rest of you let's post these things in solidarity with our boys.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by LordMecuzy(m): 9:17pm On Jul 27, 2014

FINAL GOODBYES...
Goodbye SIRS.(Salute)

Na Wa Oooooooooh a final end to the best Thread on Nairaland.
This is How 13volts left us too.
God would surely be with you @General SiriusBlack.
So we would be getting our info from SaharaReporters dat not Right.

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chronique(m): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
Heartbroken but I pray for the safety of everyone of you. God be with you all.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by musaajebor(m): 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
i have been following this thread since before the nland hacking incidence. although i was never an active commentator because i always had a feeling the naigiraian army have always compromised the success of this campaign.
somebody in the know should please explain what the army generals are hiding cos the truth is we are in a state of war.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tit(f): 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
chronique:

slowpoke,kindly shut the f*ck up. I wasn't talking to you. Those who I spoke to have given reasons why it can't work. Low lifers like you always find it convenient sitting behind your keyboards and insulting people at any given opportunity.

Nigeria is a signatory of the Biological Weapons Convention.
And you are here advocating the use of such.
In your own homeland?
With your stated understanding of biological weapons, I hope you are not currently in any supervisory role.
You are, currently, a great risk to the public.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
EasternLeopard: NL

Let's keep this trend on by posting modern weapons tactics strategies military history, great wars etc

Jakumo quid ibnsultan and the rest of you let's post these things in solidarity with our boys.
we should cont to analyze the war
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
EasternLeopard: NL

To me:

1. Deploy more soldiers and equipment to the NE
2. Declare a serious and harsh curfew.
3. Heavily bombard that Sambisa forest
4. Maintain curfew till further notice.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
quid:
To me:

1. Deploy more soldiers and equipment to the NE
2. Declare a serious and harsh curfew.
3. Heavily bombard that Sambisa forest
4. Maintain curfew till further notice.

That is the spirit.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Firmjudge(m): 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
Mstww, Ok so he prefers sahara blunders telling nigerians some piss of sh.ti right.??
I visit Nlrnd like every 30min, now iwill mak sure its once 2wices in a day.
Nonsence koas oga with him elephant belle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ibnsultan: we should cont to analyze the war

Pls start posting past present and future Nigerian military campaigns.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
Firmjudge: Mstww, Ok so he prefers sahara blunders telling nigerians some piss of sh.ti right.??
I visit Nlrnd like every 30min, now iwill mak sure its once 2wices in a day.
Nonsence koas oga with him elephant belle.

Minimah don't know that it is from the civilian population soldiers are drafted.

Once the civilian population is terrified by negative news, they wont fight well once they find themselves in the military.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
Oh as expected nothing ever works in Nigeria, why won't the big belly incompetent general say trash, what a joke, so the idiat man prefer BH apologist painting the army black while the dumb man hired to do PR is completely clueless and don't know how to carry the public along.

Honestly i'm not disappointed, I just told a friend today, i feel something is missing in me, i should have been in the army, and he said i'm crazy.

Before step out everyday, always have this in mind.

“The fight isn't over until you win.” Which means you will celebrate at the end, you shall see the end and the battle and not the other way round

"History is written by the winners."
- Napoleon Bonaparte.

General sirusblack thanks for your time, God protect you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 10:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
what a heartbreaking news dat siriusblack will be out of here.....sshit!!!!!!! It was fun being here.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by OCTAVO: 10:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
Mehn! I didn't expect this to come to an end so soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
During the liberia,somalian&malian engagement our military success and sacrifice went UNnotice. That's the same mistake our General is trying to repeat. NIG military should try and get Damboa back frm the insurgents giving them a territory to hold is bad. NA in NE#aljazeera

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
It is an insult to the lifes of the soldiers who died trying to protect fellow Africans if we can't defend our own country from some bunch of bandits
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Tyche(m): 10:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
Phuck it!

May God protect it SirusBlack, You are one in a million
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
It is an insult to the lifes of the soldiers who died trying to protect fellow Africans if we can't defend our own country from some bunch of bandits. We should use the trade by barter system OIL 4 WEAPONRY
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ibnsultan: During the liberia,somalian&malian engagement our military success and sacrifice went UNnotice. That's the same mistake our General is trying to repeat. NIG military should try and get Damboa back frm the insurgents giving them a territory to hold is bad. NA in NE#aljazeera

Keep posting

Oga Sirius Ibnsultan will take over from where you stopped

Ibn fire on.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2014

FINAL GOODBYES...
Goodbye SIRS.(Salute)
am touched 'bout this...that means we will be deformed.....Kai!!!
Sirius,worry not,our Prayers are with YOU all....Bless YOU.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Igbanibo: 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack,

Our prayers are with you, nothing shall come close to you IJN. And you will go back to your family and loved ones alive and well IJN.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odeebee: 10:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: Naa.......its a child who lifts his hands, that the mother will carry...I have risked my job to do this..right now, I just feel I need a beer.

SiriusBlack dont tell me u want to leave me here. where do u want me to go again? its really heart broken I feel it deep down dat u r not posting anything again. pls dont leave d thread u can b posting light updates without pix for now pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.