Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,456 members, 7,826,747 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230865 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
75round RPK Drum Mag...The RPK made entry into the N.E mid last year..
Frontlines of the North-Frontlines.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: 75round RPK Drum Mag...The RPK made entry into the N.E mid last year..

Beautiful. This is Art.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
As a bloody civilian,i knw NOTHING about rifles,but i kinda luv d rifles the DSS guys do carry. It looks sexy and SCARY. Is it more effective than d AK47 the army uses?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
Henry120:

Beautiful. This is Art.
abeg,d thing nah bullet?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: 75round RPK Drum Mag...The RPK made entry into the N.E mid last year..
bros,nah bullet?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
RIP: Flight Lieutenant Onyeka Nwakile..Pilot of crashed Mi-35 Gunship.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
NAF top brass visits injured Mi-35 crew members..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Zane2point4(m): 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
All we need is a predator drone, very versatile, at night in day , rainy etc

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: VOTE GENERAL SIRIUSBLACK as PRESIDENT Federal Republic of Nigeria 2015

COAS do abeg, if em be politician the ebola virus of corruption go still affect am before you know, em don be like the PDP, APC polithiefcians

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Firmjudge(m): 6:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: As a bloody civilian,i knw NOTHING about rifles,but i kinda luv d rifles the DSS guys do carry. It looks sexy and SCARY. Is it more effective than d AK47 the army uses?

the riffle the DSS uses is called a Tavor..
Its an israel made automatic riffle.

The TAR-21 (or simply Tavor) is an Israeli bullpup assault rifle chambered for 5.56×45mm NATO ammunition with a selective fire system, selecting between semi-automatic mode and full automatic fire mode. "TAR-21" stands for "Tavor Assault Rifle – 21st Century ". Since 2009, it has been selected as the standard issued
weapon of the Israeli infantry.

Thats mostly what israel defence forces use..
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlords: 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: NAF top brass visits injured Mi-35 crew members..

Can't our generals discipline themselves, which kind generl with 7 months pregnancy wey we come dey get now?

@the departed.

RIP Lieutenant Onyeka Nwakile, may your gallant soul rest jejely in the bossom of God almighty.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
Zane2point4: All we need is a predator drone, very versatile, at night in day , rainy etc
This thread has rules...Only photos of Army operations in the North East is allowed..if you want to show photos, paste a link..don't ever do this again please..Pls take the photo off...A Predator drone? Who will effin give us that? Please!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
PLS..FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE THREAD.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: Who will effin give us that? Please!

Santa-Claus.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
Henry120:

Santa-Claus.
I tire for these peeps o!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Zane2point4(m): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: This thread has rules...Only photos of Army operations in the North East is allowed..if you want to show photos, paste a link..don't ever do this again please..Pls take the photo off...A Predator drone? Who will effin give us that? Please!

Sorry sir!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
Firmjudge:

the riffle the DSS uses is called a Tavor..
Its an israel made automatic riffle.

The TAR-21 (or simply Tavor) is an Israeli bullpup assault rifle chambered for 5.56×45mm NATO ammunition with a selective fire system, selecting between semi-automatic mode and full automatic fire mode. "TAR-21" stands for "Tavor Assault Rifle – 21st Century ". Since 2009, it has been selected as the standard issued
weapon of the Israeli infantry.

Thats mostly what israel defence forces use..
thanks....but,is it more effective than AKeem47? What parameters make a rifle better than d other?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by firetrap(m): 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
rationalmind: Good Job sirusblack.

I have a question which might appear naive, or perhaps, downright silly. It's the type you expect from a military illiterate like myself.

I still don't understand how soldiers get killed during battles cos obviously they are always on bullet proof vests and according to you, now use ballistic helmets(which I guess is bulletproof).

Okay, the bullet proof isn't supposed to cover areas such as the legs, arms, e.t.c. But then, one isn't supposed to die from gun shots in those places.

While I admit one could die from a shot on the neck, it appears quite difficult to target and cannot account for all deaths of soldiers during battles.

So bro, I'm curious to know how soldiers get killed during gun battles.

PS: Pardon my ignorance cheesy

first and foremost there's nothing like bulletproof vest; it's called a ballistic vest and it does not work against all calibre of bullets. so that's why our soldiers die.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
EXCLUSIVE!!!: we asked for it here, it has arrived...
Army SF trooper armed with Automatic Grenade Launcher..Oga henry, pls identify this AGL. I'm sure its a Milkor..but not sure of the MK version.
Frontlines of the North East.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by firetrap(m): 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
egbaguy: thanks....but,is it more effective than AKeem47? What parameters make a rifle better than d other?

the accuracy of the AK 47 reduces after 400 meters while the the tavor is accurate up to 500 meters. Also the tavor can accept different stanag magazines.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: EXCLUSIVE!!!: we asked for it here, it has arrived...
Army SF trooper armed with Automatic Grenade Launcher..Oga henry, pls identify this AGL. I'm sure its a Milkor..but not sure of the MK version.

I don't know the variant.

****Dancing skelewu******
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
Henry120:

Please I beg you transfer it.

Sure!! Good news.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
Field Marshal Siriusblack............i av a kinda stupid kweshon,will be happy if u can answer it,plz!!!!!!!! Do u guys av a permanent abode,whereby if u go out on a mission,u can come back to and 'sleep'? Also,ao do u eat?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chris365(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
Henry120:

Please I beg you transfer it.

you no dance am reach me. thanks to @sirius, we are mentally fighting alongside our heroes. this government will never understand the power of information in times of conflict.

may God keep you alive @siriusblack and other brave warriors who risk their lives so I can sleep in peace.

those southies for the other thread go vex ogrin. I know sey na @august to first find troublegrin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
chris365:
you no dance am reach me. thanks to @sirius, we are mentally fighting alongside our heroes. this government will never understand the power of information in times of conflict.

may God keep you alive @siriusblack and other brave warriors who risk their lives so I can sleep in peace.

those southies for the other thread go vex ogrin. I know sey na @august to first find troublegrin.

I'm so happy man. I remember we had this AGL argument with those southies a few weeks back. A sey the thing go wan eat them up. @augaugust would eat them raw with this one.

Omo, thanks to siriusblack, a big thank you to him man. We are very grateful.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2014

That's why you must never give up or die

GEJ might be reading your comment and someday reward you

When you are rewarded do not forget

EASTERNLEOPARD

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Firmjudge(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
@ Brig-General Siriousblack, i am curious to ask, is it that our APC, IFV and vans et el dont have tracking device system attached to them?
I am pained each time i see BK with some vehicles that belong to us.

Why not at least help us tell your oga to tell his oga to tell the oga ontop to look into this issue of tracking devices, cause as far as i can remember, stealing a vehicle that belongs to the military in Iraq or afghan is akin to drinking poison and buying death thats a big suicide mission...
They will track and smoke you out from the sky..
Thats a weakness on our sides we should equally try and capitalize on..
Programmers like us can actually help out.
In building this as concerned citizens but do yiu think they will integrate it? Does such scheme exist?
Lets us not forget we have got nigcomsat 1R and nigcomsat 2 can assist to do this job perfectly
Sure sir.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
Henry120:

I'm so happy man. I remember we had this AGL argument with those southies a few weeks back. A sey the thing go wan eat them up. @augaugust would eat them raw with this one.

Omo, thanks to siriusblack, a big thank you to him man. We are very grateful.

Yes

Even a youtube video was attached.

Abeg wetin you mean by "southies"
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SergeAlain: 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
firetrap:

the accuracy of the AK 47 reduces after 400 meters while the the tavor is accurate up to 500 meters. Also the tavor can accept different stanag magazines.

True.
However, most infantry combat happens at between 150m and 200m. It is true that we currently have issues with the range of the 12.7mm Dushka on the Boko Technicals, but the answer is not really to match HMG range with rifle range. (we should be answering that with air strikes, light armour or artillery).

So at the end of the day most armies go for a functional, cheap easy to maintain rifle and in this area, there is no competition for the AK 47. You can practically bury it in the sand, bring it out and it fires, while some of the more sophisticated rifles will jam if you mistakenly get sand on it. The special forces have fewer men to arm, and have special needs so they can be armed with those sexier rifles. However, if you want to arm 120,000 men like the Nigerian army needs to do, then you dont have many options outside the AK.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2014

Now that is some serious looking ordnance. Compact as a muffuguh too. That "revolver style" grenade-launcher can probably take out whole platoon of enemy fighters real quick if operated by a seasoned hand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
@ sirius dont u think we need new IFV and MBT . IF KENYA DEFENCE FORCE is planning to get 150units israeli makeva and republic of congo can boast of T90s there is nothing stoping us from doing the same am ashamed of those rusty T55,AMX,VICKERS AND LIGHT SCORPION TANKS .
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by chakula: 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
NafeesaAA:

Toh don mai zaka zo kana zuba karya kamar ba gobe ?

Sannu da kokari da kuma fama da mutanen banzan nan.

Ina matukar farin ciki da karfin gwiwar da Allah ya ba ki na kare Addinin ki a kowanne lokaci da kuma hali.

Happy sallah in advance!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.