Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? (29504 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / What Aptly Describes Some Marriages Of Nowadays (see Pix) / What Makes Some Marriages Stand While Others Fall Apart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by daryoor(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
obongproff:

U are so wrong. Am young and single, but am not stupid. I go to church and its not boring.

Der are two people dat prove my claim dat claim dat it is not wot u do or how u do it dat makes it fun. 1. Pst. David Ibiyeomie. He is a pastor and he makes pastoring so much fun. 2. Richard Branson. He is a businessman and work is fun to him. Der are many odas who are having wit wot day do.

Back to our argument. If u wd tell urself d truth and just onserve most marriages today, u wd agree with me dat marriage is more like a 'chore' to many people, and I believe dats d truth.

chore? funny word.
husband: u wake up 5am so u get to work by eight, you get there and u attend to a truck load of files that should be done by 30 staffs, after that you sit down in front of a computer monitoring some stupid data checking for error..at the end of the day u get home 9pm u play with your kids(thats if they are still awake), make love to your wife( thats if you still have any strenght left).
my point :life itself seems like a chore. let me guess, if thats your huaband u'll be calling him boring because hes not giving you titanic love and all those stupid concepts you read on the internet?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by shizzleStar: 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ishilove: Isn't it odd that people who are commenting on this topic are singles who have never been married??
it doesn't stop them from identifying a seemingly boring marriage when they see one

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by shizzleStar: 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
God knows I love having fun and making merry, l have no business with a boring person
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Bigcake: 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
snowytee: Kai!only if d mods understood this thing.Your ban for thick.Song idem dah awo
Da, ntang siba. Apedor ufa awan adogho virgin, esit aya unem tutu ke usen amayom ndi siak anye itid. As in you go feel the joy and e go last long. Uwanghake?
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by alphaomega(m): 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
banega: Relationships end/gets boring because once the person has you,. They stop doing the things it took to get you in the first place... sad

in dis age n tym, can someone really ''have'' anotha?

Relationship is lyk a fruit tree...it grows n produces 4eva..

Relationship (fruit tree) stops being interesting (productive) when d nutrients dt supplements it is lackin....

Thus, you av ur own quota to add to d life of d relationship...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Ishilove: 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
shizzleStar:
it doesn't stop them from identifying a seemingly boring marriage when they see one
Boredom is a matter of perspective. You might complain that a marriage is boring, yet the couple are perfectly comfortable with the routine of their marriage and wouldn't have it any other way.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Ishilove: 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
iwonbaoko: Excitement adventure spontaneity etc. Obviously you are still a child . Marriage like life is hard . very very hard . As you become acquainted with the facts of life you will realise that.
The first fact is DEATH we all die and that is the one thing we refuse to acknowledge and acquaint ourselves with. Then there is suffering. The suffering of disease, disability of self loved ones and even children. Looking after children with blindness, or even more severe conditions. Looking after aged parents daily. Living with addictions etc. Young people are only interested in "enjoyment" but that is not why we are here and whilst there is nothing wrong with enjoyment. Suffering too is very useful.Even if we are not suffering there are many who are. He who reflects on the suffering of others and seeks to ease their suffering can never be bored. He who seeks enjoyment will always be bored

The evolved human is he who is not detached from the suffering of others. So looking for excitement and all those things is just searching for what is not lost. If you are complete inside you can never be bored and you cannot be complete if you only understand pleasure and shun suffering whether directly or vicariously. First of all learn to love yourself and then share your love.
QED.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
Because of boring tradition and culture each spouse must abide by to keep each families happy.

Annoying inlaws tends to suck joy out of everything.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by shizzleStar: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ishilove:
Boredom is a matter of perspective. You might complain that a marriage is boring, yet the couple are perfectly comfortable with the routine of their marriage and wouldn't have it any other way.
True! but the op spoke from a personal POV too, i also believe he spoke from his expectation of the kind of 'air of bliss' he expected from a married home, hence his disappointment at what he found out, which even dampened his feelings toward marriage ...lol

how u doing?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
daryoor:

chore? funny word.
husband: u wake up 5am so u get to work by eight, you get there and u attend to a truck load of files that should be done by 30 staffs, after that you sit down in front of a computer monitoring some stupid data checking for error..at the end of the day u get home 9pm u play with your kids(thats if they are still awake), make love to your wife( thats if you still have any strenght left).
my point :life itself seems like a chore. let me guess, if thats your huaband u'll be calling him boring because hes not giving you titanic love and all those stupid concepts you read on the internet?

I've learnt one tin in life, so long as we kip telling ourselves dat d bullshit we are going tru is 'reality', our minds will give us enof excuses for us not improve and thus we end up living a life of unfulfilment all d days of our lives.

Not my portion.

Work! Finances! Responsibilities! All dose are just excuses to not improve on d one tin we hav control over.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ishilove:

Totally agree. So long as day are enjoying dia routine and day do blossom with zest and enthusiasm. No wahala - different strokes for different folks. But if day are not enjoying it den dats just total bullshit to me.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
shizzleStar:
True! but the op spoke from a personal POV too, i also believe he spoke from his expectation of the kind of 'air of bliss' he expected from a married home, hence his disappointment at what he found out, which even dampened his feelings toward marriage ...lol

how u doing?

Bros u just spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by ibedun: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
Marriage is presented as a means to bliss and happiness.............It isn't! and people find out soon enough.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Dcmg(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigcake: Da, ntang siba. Apedor ufa awan adogho virgin, esit aya unem tutu ke usen amayom ndi siak anye itid. As in you go feel the joy and e go last long. Uwanghake?
Da Owo,insido afo ye itid?
Dem swear for you with itid?
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by frisby: 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
Yungwizzzy: If he has money it won't be boring at all!!

None of my girlfriends have ever complained of any boredom

Because of my seven digit account balance!!

Clown!
"Wife" and "girlfriend" na d same spelling abi?
Come back n comment when u've paid a lady's bride price and lived with her and 3kids for 6years

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by frisby: 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
lonelydora: Mine is not boring at all, mine is fun-filled on daily basis. I'm happy i am married.

And yet u call urself "lonelydora"...how fitting :-/

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Bigcake: 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dcmg: Da Owo,insido afo ye itid?
Dem swear for you with itid?
ikpa afo anam ntebo ke usukunghor itid?
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Ishilove: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
shizzleStar:

how u doing?
The op is looking at marriage through the colourfully foggy lenses of naivete.

I'm good. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigcake: ikpa afo anam ntebo ke usukunghor itid?

Da awo! Afo day atta idiok ntokeyen! Sai!
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Ishilove: 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
obongproff:

Totally agree. So long as day are enjoying dia routine and day do blossom with zest and enthusiasm. No wahala - different strokes for different folks. But if day are not enjoying it den dats just total bullshit to me.
That's why it is very important that one marries one's friend so that when the passion and excitement fizzles out, comfortable companionship takes over.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Dcmg(m): 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigcake: ikpa afo anam ntebo ke usukunghoritid?
Akere ke afid owo édo akpara nte ofo?
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by BlossomP: 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
Yungwizzzy: If he has money it won't be boring at all!!

None of my girlfriends have ever complained of any boredom

Because of my seven digit account balance!!
Pls note the word you used, "girlfriends", not wife. Two different world's apart.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by okabe(m): 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
Couples experience boredom in marriage wen they fail 2 do stuf 2geda...be it fun stuf or even borin stuf. Wen partners take on tasks 2geda, it makes it easier 4 dem 2 have d same refernces n believe me, IT IS D 'INSIDE JOKES' OR MEMORIES
DAT KIPS D FIRE BURNING.
PS clear dis notion off ur head, its just d few couples u met dat r borin n nt MARRIAGE
Thanks Y'all
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Adenugay(m): 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
hmmmm...grab something here

Lovers Who Met At National Conference In Abuja Set To Wed >>> http://www..com/lovers-who-met-at-national-conference-in-abuja/
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Naavah(f): 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
If u c my parents making jest of each other ehn. My dad keeps telling us d story of how he used to take my mum shoppin. Shining of our teeth galore in my home. Contagious. Couples shld be frnds before anything.the five years gap btw them is like nothing.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 12, 2014
For me oooo, being married is d most sweetest and best decision av ever made. My relsp with hubby evn got better, sweeter and spontaneous after marriage. I used to tell my friends who are preparing for marriage who are scared dat dey feel de'll be caged for life, dat I feel like am living legally with my boyfriend. Infact av never felt d way I feel now with another dude av dated in the past. We are forever grateful to God dat we are married to eachoda. If m permitted i'll write a page full of hw blessed and happy I am. To ma hubby; I love you till eternity kiss

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by lonelydora: 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
frisby:

And yet u call urself "lonelydora"...how fitting :-/

How do I change my moniker? Check my profile and see when I joined Nairaland. U were still in pre-Nursery.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
lonelydora:

How do I change my moniker? Check my profile and see when I joined Nairaland. U were still in pre-Nursery.

Why d insult? He was only infering dat ur username contradicts wot u sed.

Nna women una day try oh!
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
obongproff: Yes!

Why are some marriages so boring? Why do some couples live like room mates and odas like next-door neighbours?

I've been observing couples for a while and d few I've observed all had one tin in common - dia marriage was boring.

Am talking about my own definition of boring which is d lack of excitement, enthusiasm, adventure, spontaneity, fun, and lafta. Most marriages I know lack these.

I hav some married friends and I hav stayed with three different couples in d course of travelling around some naija cities. And I noticed 3 tins abt dem -
1. Dia marriage hav become monotonous.
2. Day hardly play together as a couple.
3. Dia kids hav become more important dan dia spouse.
Dont get me wrong. Am not saying dia marriage is bad. Day are both good people. Peaceful couple. But its so boring. I spend two days with a couple and am already immersed in boredom. To me boredom has an odour, I can smell it on some couples. Just d way u can smell d nice aroma love on two people who are in love with each oda. Its always in dia eyes and dia countenance.

Am beginning to tink dat dating is more interesting dan marriage, and dat being single is more enjoyable dan being married. I mean, u can hardly see a marriage u wd like to model afta dis days. Yet dis same guys are encouraging us single guys to get married. And if u choose to hav a chat with one of dem u'd hear dem say crap like 'Oh boy! Marriage is not easy oh!' and if I say I no go marry again, dem go say 'Oh boy! Ur not responsible'.

Iyanmi! Nsido!

Why are most marriages so boring? Is it dat d fire just naturally fizzles out over time, unto law of diminishing returns? Or is it dat once kids start coming in everytin changes (cos dis is usually d case)? Is it family responsibility dat kills all d fun? Or is it dat most people just enjoy monotony? Or maybe my definition of boring is not d same as dias?

I wd rily appreciate some ansa plz. Tanx a million guys.wink

you this lazy fowl, instead of you to go marry, you dey do "boring marriage stat" for people.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by phew09(f): 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
selflessmaya: Um? Nigerian marriages are hell chai!!! Most couples are just together because they dont want the stigma of divorce in society. Reasons why Nigerian marriages are boring..
1... Nigerians make having children a priority in marriages, when they date it's all about them but when they get married they dont take time to adjust to their new lives as a married couple and they just start shooting out babies. Soon they neglect each other to look after the babies. In 5 yrs time they'll start ranting of how "fed up" they are and how they're just gonna stay for the sake of the kids.
2....Nigerians don't know how to mind their own business, Marriage is not for everyone, some ppl just dont have it in them to cut all ties and settle down but society ensures that they pressure these kind of ppl just well enough to get them to marry just so they can say they fu.ck1ng did it and this is how they'll find a sacrificial lamb who will never be able to keep them happy and over time, they'll both be stuck in an extremely unhappy marriage.
3....SEXI5M in Nigeria: THIS IS THE BEDROCK OF ALL BEDROCKS THAT RUIN NIGERIAN MARRIAGES AND WE'RE STILL PRETENDING IN THIS 2014 IT'S NOT EVEN AN ISSUE. Whether you believe it or not, "nna anyi syndrome" is ruining the hell out of us. most nigerian women are married to someone who perceives them as beneath them. most nigerian men are domestically very lazy. They cant help with any house work cos they"re "THE HEAD OF THE HOUSE" so what exactly does the head of the house do? sit around and fart? The average nigerian woman works and earns and contributes to the family and still comes home to clean up and feed a grown man who was home hours before she came back but couldn't do anything to help out cos that's the way he was raised, to sit back, be a liability and do absolutely nothing and wait for food to be served. Marriage in Nigeria is like glorified slavery. If you hear nigerian men describing their dream wives, she must be fine, can cook, iron, clean and wash. If you want to establish your self as "LORD and MASTER" get a maid not a wife. A happy home can NEVER have an unhappy wife, most nigerian wives are miserable, stressed and overworked, how can i keep you happy if i'm unhappy myself?

you couldnt have said it any better
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Safari29: hmmmmm.
All of you saying marry your best friend. Some guys like me don't have platonic girl friends? ere kinni aja mbekun se? ?
Serious?
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Bigcake: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dcmg: Akere ke afid owo édo akpara nte ofo?
Iyammi, awor afo ikpong asangha adi? Ikpa nammkpor sung sung. Mukiteh se anam nam se akid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Wife Friendly Occupation Would You Suggest? / Dealing With A Snoring Partner / Sex Denial Threatens 6-year-old Marriage In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.