Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? (29524 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / What Aptly Describes Some Marriages Of Nowadays (see Pix) / What Makes Some Marriages Stand While Others Fall Apart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by bobojoshua(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
jeffizy: Many people have a wrong perception of the reality of marriage.
To start with, in courtship , you can describe it as being in secondary school, having time to grow up, make mistakes, do well in some subjects while performing low in others.
But marriage is a tertiary institution! You are in to study just one course and it is for a lifetime.

Regarding your observation, it only becomes boring when both couple let the pop ups get bigger than them. The kids, financial status , extended family , etc.
Time and time again, I always advocate the coming together of friends in a marriage.
Let your spouse be your best friend.
That's the way to cure your observation.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Dcmg(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bigcake: Iyammi, awor afo ikpong asangha adi? Ikpa nammkpor sung sung. Mukiteh se anam nam se akid.
Akod ette nfo ikpa?
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by parki: 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
Marriage is not dating. All those formings when the boy and the girl do before marriage, ends the very day they say i do. Also there are few other things that make marriage boring. Few are thus:
marrying a wife that looks like mercy johnsonn (ugly woman). If one has such wife then one is most likey going to have a boring relationship.
marrying for what you want to gain. These days women/men consider where the guy/girl is working before they accept to marry him/her. If it is not a well ppayng job no marriage. with this consideration, a lot of women/men end up in wrong marriages.

There are countless factors why people have shitty marriages. The views above is just a few from my personal observation so far.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Safari29: 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
CFCfan:
Serious?

yes bro. not that I don't associate with girls at all but the friendship is having enough distance. when she starts coming to my house or we start going out together am sorry na to nyansh remain. I don't do bestie. now tell me how this is different from having dating a girl then marry her and marrying ur best friend
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
Safari29:

yes bro. not that I don't associate with girls at all but the friendship is having enough distance. when she starts coming to my house or we start going out together am sorry na to nyansh remain. I don't do bestie. now tell me how this is different from having dating a girl then marry her and marrying ur best friend
grin grin you no dey waste time sha.
But I believe that I can hangout with a girl and still remain platonic friends.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by aliciab: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Op I quite agree with you that marriage could over time be boring and monotonous. I should know as I have been married for almost 10 yes(in fact this Nov will make us 10 ).A no. Of factors are responsible for this:
1sometimes parties ( this applies to both male and female ) stop inventing ways of spicing things up.Yes oh marriage even when you are married to your friend needs to be spiced up.I disagree with previous writers who give the impression that once you marry your friend you are assured of an interesting married life.

I married my friend.in fact we dated for over 7 yes yet this doesn't stop me from sometimes just wanting to scream in frustration at how boring things are.
Everything turns into a predictable pattern.same outings to the same places, even same sex patterns.couples do need to break patterns.

2.partners also over time tend to take each other for granted.this leads to a lot of resentment.Sadly in these parts the men are really guilty of this.As one writer pointed out most married women are really overworked,stressed and are unappreciated by their husbands .How many husbands help around with chores even when it is clear that the wife has a full plate?
As a result of the above couples inevitably drift apart and only stay cos most don't want the stigma of divorce.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by aliciab: 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
I'll continue shortly
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by aliciab: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
3partners also don't take time to constantly know their partners.Yes after marriage parties feel like they know everything about their parners.But we should remember that change is constant and this also applies to our partners. How many couples spend quality time to the exclusion of all others especially the kids to discover each other again.

To all those who say marriage is hard work ,yes marriage comes with a lot of responsibilities but while dealing with those issues we should still keep the spark and fun. :
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by frisby: 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
lonelydora:

How do I change my moniker? Check my profile and see when I joined Nairaland. U were still in pre-Nursery.

Lol...actually I'm still kinda in pre-nursery.
And I do not know how u can edit ur NL handle, Although I do think I've seen a couple of threads on said subject.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by IYANGBALI: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
dytbabe: Aproko
No go marry, dey dia dey visit un and down
Shior
you dey mind am? Op go marry jo

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by bennyzer(m): 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
To start with, in courtship , you can describe it as being in secondary school, having time to grow up, make mistakes, do well in some subjects while performing low in others.
But marriage is a tertiary institution! You are in to study just one course and it is for a lifetime.

Regarding your observation, it only becomes boring when both couple let the pop ups get bigger than them. The kids, financial status , extended family , etc.
Time and time again, I always advocate the coming together of friends in a marriage.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by souljar(m): 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
Yungwizzzy: If he has money it won't be boring at all!!

None of my girlfriends have ever complained of any boredom

Because of my seven digit account balance!!
I heard im say spouse...ur eyes r deaf ni?
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by bisayor(m): 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
Domwiz4all: Marriage won't be boring if you marry your best friend. Have seen few couples who were married for over 30 years yet behave as if de were just starting dia honeymoon.
. Bros, and aw many have u seen! The truth is majority of marriages are boring. You made a valid point ' marry your best friend' but every marriage seems to start on a very high note until the ugly monster called reality sets in..
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by spiralwedge(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
mine is not only boring but unhappy. stuck in a prison..
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by fightforchange1(f): 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
obongproff: Yes!

Why are some marriages so boring? Why do some couples live like room mates and odas like next-door neighbours?

I've been observing couples for a while and d few I've observed all had one tin in common - dia marriage was boring.

Am talking about my own definition of boring which is d lack of excitement, enthusiasm, adventure, spontaneity, fun, and lafta. Most marriages I know lack these.

I hav some married friends and I hav stayed with three different couples in d course of travelling around some naija cities. And I noticed 3 tins abt dem -
1. Dia marriage hav become monotonous.
2. Day hardly play together as a couple.
3. Dia kids hav become more important dan dia spouse.
Dont get me wrong. Am not saying dia marriage is bad. Day are both good people. Peaceful couple. But its so boring. I spend two days with a couple and am already immersed in boredom. To me boredom has an odour, I can smell it on some couples. Just d way u can smell d nice aroma love on two people who are in love with each oda. Its always in dia eyes and dia countenance.

Am beginning to tink dat dating is more interesting dan marriage, and dat being single is more enjoyable dan being married. I mean, u can hardly see a marriage u wd like to model afta dis days. Yet dis same guys are encouraging us single guys to get married. And if u choose to hav a chat with one of dem u'd hear dem say crap like 'Oh boy! Marriage is not easy oh!' and if I say I no go marry again, dem go say 'Oh boy! Ur not responsible'.

Iyanmi! Nsido!

Why are most marriages so boring? Is it dat d fire just naturally fizzles out over time, unto law of diminishing returns? Or is it dat once kids start coming in everytin changes (cos dis is usually d case)? Is it family responsibility dat kills all d fun? Or is it dat most people just enjoy monotony? Or maybe my definition of boring is not d same as dias?

I wd rily appreciate some ansa plz. Tanx a million guys.wink

Kids are important too...they ar just as important qs the spouse.
1. They need protection.
2.you birthed them
3. You gave dem life.
4. Their precious.
5. They cannot fend for demselves....!
6.wtf.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Chiezugolum: 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
Yungwizzzy: If he has money it won't be boring at all!!

None of my girlfriends have ever complained of any boredom

Because of my seven digit account balance!!

Its because she is a girlfriend not a wife. Marriage is a different ball game
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
Eidosky: Bro it's alarming, am also scared of it.
I don't want to marry.. I will keep dating till I die Abeg.
If I get bored of the lady, I'd just leave peacefully

hmnn...that's kind of bad. Being with different women all your life....don't forget that AIDS still exists....
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by vanstanzy(m): 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
Eidosky: Bro it's alarming, am also scared of it.
I don't want to marry.. I will keep dating till I die Abeg.
If I get bored of the lady, I'd just leave peacefully
Bros, u shouldnt have said this, just be careful what u wish for.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by meshacha1: 12:33am On Jul 13, 2014
Hexzyz: The reason is people don't depend on God for his perfect will in marriage. They go by what they see. God knows the heart of every individual and who is perfect for each other.

Seriously, you just said it all!!!!
That is the conclusion of the whole matter abt marriage.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by revelationuche: 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
HAha, some are due lost ov responsibilties as a wife or husband.while couples dont knw hw 2 make other feel jealous tongue [img]http://www.hostsleek.com/clients/?aff=052[/img]
[img]http://www.?aff=580[/img]
[img]http://clients.utiware.net/?aff=595[/img]
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 14, 2014

EXACTLY! you've said it all. Your partner must be your best friend and not just your sex mate ,your 'atm machine', baby making machine, sperm donor or house keeper. If not, your marriage is either doomed from the start or is going to be one boring never ending journey!
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Kanwulia: 9:07am On Jul 14, 2014
Only children make marriage interesting abeg!
I have the best roomate husband o! cool
Different rooms abeg.
I nor send. kiss
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2014
Clears throat*

Officially here to advice existing marriages, intending marriages, and post-existing marriages..

First of all, I actually believe it has to do with the mentality of the couple, the parents and also the social clique of the couple.

Many people have the mentality that, once married wedded, they have achieved their goals and as such fail to see the long time they have ahead for the relationship.
Many set SHORT-TERM GOALS and not Long Term, hence they tend to run out of ideas to keep their marriage interesting, fun and most of all -INTACT -

probably would expantiate later....
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Femsyn(m): 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2014
parki:
Marriage is not dating. All those formings when the boy and the girl do before marriage, ends the very day they say i do. Also there are few other things that make marriage boring. Few are thus:
marrying a wife that looks like mercy johnsonn (ugly woman). If one has such wife then one is most likey going to have a boring relationship.
marrying for what you want to gain. These days women/men consider where the guy/girl is working before they accept to marry him/her. If it is not a well ppayng job no marriage. with this consideration, a lot of women/men end up in wrong marriages.

There are countless factors why people have shitty marriages. The views above is just a few from my personal observation so far.

How old are you?
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by damlady(f): 1:28pm On May 29, 2019
married but bored.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by merit1988(f): 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2019
damlady:

Am a lady, married but bored. If you are a man, married and bored let's talk. Pls I need a very matured in mind person. Thanks. My contact 07033347854,whatsup Lagos
we are in the same shoes
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Kendumazy(m): 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2019
merit1988:
we are in the same shoes
Didn't you guys court?
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by merit1988(f): 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2019
Kendumazy:

Didn't you guys court?
yeah we did... But not for long anyways, but thats not the point.. there is a reason for the boredom
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by Kendumazy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
merit1988:
yeah we did... But not for long anyways, but thats not the point.. there is a reason for the boredom

OK. May God help you.
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by merit1988(f): 6:21am On Sep 25, 2019
Kendumazy:

OK. May God help you.
amen
Re: Why Are Some Marriages So Boring? by djoe21(m): 8:01am On Sep 25, 2019
dania30:
Marriage actually begins when love ends...

Rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sex Denial Threatens 6-year-old Marriage In Lagos / Dealing With A Snoring Partner / Photos Of A Family Of Four Generations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.