Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With (26177 Views)

3 Scientifically Proven Ways To Control Konji / The Worst Type Of People To Be In Relationship With. / Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by traware(m): 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
LarrySun:
The link confuses me: it keeps switching answers.
Alright.Try this one:
greensleeves-hubs.hubpages.com/hub/ChickenEggFirst-Greensleeves
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by authority2006(m): 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
I do read a lot. I have close to 400 ebooks on my phone, that's apart from subject-based books. I could read 17/7 as against 24/7 non stop.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by LarrySun(m): 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
traware: Alright.Try this one:
greensleeves-hubs.hubpages.com/hub/ChickenEggFirst-Greensleeves
Wow! Another insightful link. Thanks traware.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
texanomaly:

lol...That was not a "put down". It was more like looking at your child with love and indulgence.

Bless your heart grin

Not that I didn't notice this thread or the topic. I enjoyed the input of every reader in here, naming them @onegig and @larrysun especially, based on the clarity of their writing voices. But you? I thought your comment shows you have a kind heart. How did you get it?

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by traware(m): 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
LarrySun:
Wow! Another insightful link. Thanks traware.
No problem www.megafoundation.org/CTMU/Articles/Which.html
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by LarrySun(m): 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by traware(m): 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
LarrySun:
File not found.
Fixed
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by traware(m): 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheWisest:

Not that I didn't notice this thread or the topic. I enjoyed the input of every reader in here, naming them @onegig and @larrysun especially, based on the clarity of their writing voices. But you? I thought your comment shows you have a kind heart. How did you get it?
Bla...bla...bla.You still won't get her punny...Like you really give a rats' ar.se how 'kind' she is.Abeg!!!!...leave story for tortoise
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by LarrySun(m): 4:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
traware: Bla...bla...bla.You still won't get her punny...Like you really give a rats' ar.se how 'kind' she is.Abeg!!!!...leave story for tortoise
Learn to be more polite, traware.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
traware: Bla...bla...bla.You still won't get her punny...Like you really give a rats' ar.se how 'kind' she is.Abeg!!!!...leave story for tortoise

(Smiles, shaking head like an old father at his cute little son) I never wanted the "punny" - I wish you used a gentler name - coz I'm not that vulgar. I don't even know if she's attractive enough for me. Besides I already have someone. Her response to that guy was touching and mature. That's all. Whatever happened to the art of genuinely complimenting girls for their inner beauty, especially when it's observed?

2 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
@LarrySun, I wish Nairaland could be deweeded of guys who treat girls as objects. Anyways, nice train of thoughts I observed earlier with your "chicken-and-eggs" philosophizing. I love philosophy too but didn't feel the need to join in. We should talk more on some future thread. Great mind you have. :-)
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by firestar(f): 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
texanomaly:

You are right. Fiction alone will not accomplish this. The thing is...Reading only nonfiction will not do it either. In anything...a healthy balance is necessary. Especially if one only reads religious books. I'm not saying don't read them. I'm saying don't "only" read them. Only reading religious books can lead to closed-mindedness. There are plenty of good books and stories out there that are inspirational, and do not threaten or encroach on ones beliefs. We should seek knowledge and wisdom, while maintaining our principles. It is possible.

It's like water.

Marsh, lake, reservoir, well, iceberg, oasis, river, swamp, lava, fountain, geyser, waterfall, stream, rain, whirlpool, vapor, dew, frost, sea, tears, snow, blood...

Limit self to none, tap from all...if you can.

[size=2pt](Ties a diadem round texanomaly's forehead.)[/size]
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
@Firestar, Refering to Texanomaly's quote you mentioned, why read at all if you re afraid to change your principles? Reading one book or many that suits your current beliefs won't help. Infact, I've learned it's best to pursue knowledge outside your comfort zone. So firestar, you might want to remove that diadem you put on her head :-) ...For now...
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by traware(m): 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
LarrySun:
Learn to be more polite, traware.
As you command Sir
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by traware(m): 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheWisest:

(Smiles, shaking head like an old father at his cute little son) I never wanted the "punny" - I wish you used a gentler name - coz I'm not that vulgar. I don't even know if she's attractive enough for me. Besides I already have someone. Her response to that guy was touching and mature. That's all. Whatever happened to the art of genuinely complimenting girls for their inner beauty, especially when it's observed?
Kai!!!See grammar...post wey I just put up as play na im you com take serious like this?I no fit shout
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
Mintayo:
Is he a reader?winkwink
lipsrsealed wink
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
traware: Kai!!!See grammar...post wey I just put up as play na im you com take serious like this?I no fit shout

My bad then. I apologise. Good to know you're a good guy :-)
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Mintayo(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
miztola: lipsrsealed wink
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by UjSizzle(f): 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lovely! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
UjSizzle: Lovely! cheesy

Uj the Diarist! Where you been? And what's up with your diary? We've missed your writing
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by papindinho(m): 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
A very nice thread

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by UjSizzle(f): 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheWisest: Uj the Diarist! Where you been? And what's up with your diary? We've missed your writing
Aww it's not everyday one meets a reader, thank you for finding that stuff I put down worth reading smiley kiss

I've been good o jare. There's something cooking though, maybe I'll get around to writing it down. Meanwhile my blog has been an extension of sort to that diary, so I'm sorta dividing my time(link).
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
firestar:

It's like water.

Marsh, lake, reservoir, well, iceberg, oasis, river, swamp, lava, fountain, geyser, waterfall, stream, rain, whirlpool, vapor, dew, frost, sea, tears, snow, blood...

Limit self to none, tap from all...if you can.

[size=2pt](Ties a diadem round texanomaly's forehead.)[/size]

LOL
*Struts around room, looking in mirror…before taking it off, shaking head and falling down laughing* Thanks

TheWisest: @Firestar, Refering to Texanomaly's quote you mentioned, why read at all if you re afraid to change your principles? Reading one book or many that suits your current beliefs won't help. Infact, I've learned it's best to pursue knowledge outside your comfort zone. So firestar, you might want to remove that diadem you put on her head :-) ...For now...

That comment was made to encourage those afraid to read outside their comfort zone. Sometimes baby steps are needed to help others realize there is no danger in having “ideas”. Especially ideas that go against the mainstream norm.

Reading helps one create a world that is their own. It can be within certain parameters, if one wishes. I did say this puts limits on one’s ability to become all one can be. I said, don’t read only a certain kind of books. Reading can certainly broaden one’s horizons. It is wise to read outside one’s comfort zone. It is also wise to know where you stand before venturing outside of it.

Abraham Lincoln said, “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” It is important to have a place to stand while you figure out where “to plant your feet.” If, after one has gone outside their comfort zone, they decide to plant their feet elsewhere, so be it. There must be a place to start though, or we lose ourselves while searching. When I was in secondary school I was given a book called “A Place to Stand While Putting Yourself Together.” It is a diary of sorts. It asks a lot of questions about what you would do in certain situations. It also asks questions about where you would like your life to go and how you expect to get there.

It is important to know who you want to be, where you want to be, how you want to get there and who you want to be when you arrive. Without knowing these things, we are likely to be tossed about on stormy seas and possibly end up smashed upon the rocks. In order to “not” become victims in our pursuits, we must decide beforehand, who we are at that time. I look back at that book sometimes to see where I was and where I am now.

Of course some goals and dreams have changed, but the important thing to me is…Am I who I wanted to be when I arrived at this point in time. Where we start, (our comfort zone) decides where we go. More importantly, it decides how we get there. Regardless of our age now, the innocence of those hopes and dreams we had in our youth, should always be at the back of our minds.

Having a comfort zone is not a bad thing, as long as we are not afraid to step out of it. Equally important is the ability to know when to step back in.

3 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheWisest:

I’ve been called “kind hearted” enough in my life that I’ve learned to accept and appreciate it as a means of describing me. I don’t remember a time when kindness was not a part of me, but to be honest, I think it started as a survival mechanism. You would have to know a great deal more about me, to know why I say that. I feel blessed to have come out of my youth with that quality. Things could have gone so far in the other direction without inspired guidance.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
Inspiring viewpoint. So inasmuchas we encourage reading outside our comfort zone, reading within our comfort zone is advisable circumstantially. I get your point. Okay, the diadem really is yours *smiles*

3 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheWisest: Inspiring viewpoint. So inasmuchas we encourage reading outside our comfort zone, reading within our comfort zone is advisable circumstantially. I get your point. Okay, the diadem really is yours *smiles*

*puts it back on and struts around the room some more, before collapsing on the bed in laughter at my goofiness* Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
texanomaly:

*puts it back on and struts around the room some more, before collapsing on the bed in a laughter at my goofiness* Thanks smiley

Childlike and cute. I see a princess. Hahaha. Later jor

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Missmossy(f): 8:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
"They won't talk to you,they'd speak to you"- i like this cool

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by firestar(f): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheWisest: @Firestar, Refering to Texanomaly's quote you mentioned, why read at all if you re afraid to change your principles? Reading one book or many that suits your current beliefs won't help. Infact, I've learned it's best to pursue knowledge outside your comfort zone. So firestar, you might want to remove that diadem you put on her head :-) ...For now...

Ano...you miss the point.

Why do you think I listed such a string as that, eh?

texanomaly:
*puts it back on and struts around the room some more, before collapsing on the bed in laughter at my goofiness* Thanks smiley

(Giggles) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by dagr8(m): 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Great smiley
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 1:52am On Jul 14, 2014
dagr8: Great smiley

A GREAT! from dagr8.... grin
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by dagr8(m): 5:00am On Jul 14, 2014
texanomaly:

A GREAT! from dagr8.... grin
Yes o grin.
Ok, now I am on a search for readers, I hope I will find one soon angry grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dear Fellow Ladies, Men Owe Us NOTHING Financially! / Which Of These Is The Most Important In A Relationship? / Ever Had A Crush On The Girlfriend/boyfriend Of Your Best Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.