Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,611 members, 7,955,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:37 PM

Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With (26352 Views)

3 Scientifically Proven Ways To Control Konji / The Worst Type Of People To Be In Relationship With. / Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by blackprowler: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2014
Onegai:

yep, really dangerous to be more aware than your community. When you are different or think different, they view you with suspicion and intolerance (you don't blend with the pack). Galileo comes to mind. I remember when I took up violin-playing, people started asking "oh, so you're now into Music?" same reaction when I started painting, happily now I am. Particularly in Nigeria, you cannot acquire Knowledge for its beautiful sake. It must be for financial or religious purposes. People have wondered aloud why Art, Classical or Arranged Music and Literature are important, they cannot comprehend using them to even relax.

So where are your type hiding? I take note that you identify as female. If I ever met a few females in Nigeria who thought like this, I probably would've married by now. All I found were vain and superstitious people with no mind of their own. I can't find compatibility with the type of people that populate Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by kalufelix(m): 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
If only this online forum was real...

I keep asking where these over 1million users are

knowledge is good and evil sha
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by dasoul(m): 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2014
LarrySun: Which came first: The chicken or the egg?

This is one of life's greatest mysteries.

If readers are the best people to fall in love with, what about writers? I know many people would argue about writers being readers. But, not all readers are writers. Yet, most writers are influenced by what they've read somewhere.

Now, who wrote the first scroll? The writer or the reader? (Reference to my first question above)

hmmm! Nice question, u must a good thinker. I think a good Writer/speakers should be a great reader/listener too although the reverse is not usually the case.
therefore the writer of the first scroll was a good listener.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by PhumiTJ(f): 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
CFCfan: As a reader, this article gives me hope
as a reader/writer your comment intrigues me wink
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Horppy(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
miztola: No wonder!! gringrin
no wonder u fell in love wit him
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Tushborn: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
onegig: Only those
who are readers would understand and appreciate this article.

A single book is a narration of numerous experience, thoughts and ideas.
A reader may not have physically left a place all their lives but they
have traveled in their minds to thousands of cities and have gained
experience from such "trips". Such a feat that an avid globetrotter
can't even boast of in a lifetime.
u ar right Man!

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Friedeong(m): 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
the last mediator: There is enormous power in being a reader. You surely know when to strike and when to play the victim, so much weapon in your arsenal to turn any situation around but there is a very high tendency of being manipulative because you can predict the next possible set of events almost accurately.
[color=#000099]
[/color]

That is to say Reader is the Best Teacher....
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Revolva(m): 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
I beg na lie jare. All dis research are way too full of lies make I fall in love with a book worm so she no go know wetin dey go on for street abi hisss
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by jayrule(m): 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
donguutti:

and why exactly should i date a 1000 souls,I resemble demon,1 woman is enough, undecided

So if i date someone who reads my life would multiply by 1000 abi, what happens if we get married ( undecided

lolz. very funny...
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
PhumiTJ:
How so? wink
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
Horppy:
no wonder u fell in love wit him
He fell in love.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
Rubbish!
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Alexcassy: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
I love to read, its best thing that's ever happened to me. In fact when you read it gives you the ability to predict people and helps you not to fall into so many traps. I've got a mini library at home and my daughter Is making good use of it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Onegai(f): 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
blackprowler:

So where are your type hiding? I take note that you identify as female. If I ever met a few females in Nigeria who thought like this, I probably would've married by now. All I found were vain and superstitious people with no mind of their own. I can't find compatibility with the type of people that populate Nigeria

We exist, lol. I'm not one of the brazilian-over-made-up chicks around, so some guys want the package of Nadia Buari and the brain of Angela Merkel. Which is really, really hard to find. So a reader walks into a room and goes for the most attractive, empty package. Hence, I hear guys moan often "why didn't I meet you since?"
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
Many loose touch of reality. They get carried away with the awesomeness of someone's imagination. But... that's why I always preach that people should read non-fiction too. to balance the chic-lit and contemporary romace out.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Horppy(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
miztola: He fell in love.
dats gud
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Horppy(m): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
miztola: He fell in love.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by enioluwaselore: 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
It has been a long long time since I typed on or liked any post on nairaland, I feel like I've finally found my family! This says so much about me. permit me to say there is so much hidden wisdom on the pages of this thread that can't be grasped in one read. #thread on repeat.

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by blackprowler: 1:25am On Jul 19, 2014
Onegai:

We exist, lol. I'm not one of the brazilian-over-made-up chicks around, so some guys want the package of Nadia Buari and the brain of Angela Merkel. Which is really, really hard to find. So a reader walks into a room and goes for the most attractive, empty package. Hence, I hear guys moan often "why didn't I meet you since?"

Thanks for the response. However, I don't think that's the whole picture. We do interact and assess. You see JFK and Jacqueline (vs Marilyn Monroe et al)? What most women can't separate in men's perception is the ability to separate the physical from the cerebral. Almost none of the deep men we're talking about would take a pretty bimbo to the altar; there would be other factors that would be considered. We would like to "do our own" but for serious matters, we all search for the ones with cerebral and emotional compatibility. The human being is not the body - he is the mind. Let me just add that there are many many females that are model-grade beautiful and top students too. However they're few in Nigeria and they always want the highest level prince to come and "deserve them." I love abroad for reasons I can't fully describe here: high quality girls who do not think of themselves as queen of England abound
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by onegig(m): 6:11am On Jul 19, 2014
PhumiTJ:
hmmm..hmmm.

Sorry. Just Clearing my throat!
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by onegig(m): 6:18am On Jul 19, 2014
Onegai:

Stealing my id and substituting the last two characters with ai(artificial intelligence) abi?

Yeah true! Also most avid readers are very reserved, and it's hard to see them socializing too much. They are to comfy starring and stucked at that book or phone to go out. If only they go out a little bit more. I guess that's one area social media is bridging.

Just look down. Here's a quote from one of them. A look at his profile would give you the idea he's been holing up in that leaky cauldron. I can bet he last saw the Sun two full moons ago.

enioluwaselore: It has been a long long time since I typed on or liked any post on nairaland, I feel like I've finally found my family! This says so much about me. permit me to say there is so much hidden wisdom on the pages of this thread that can't be grasped in one read. #thread on repeat.

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by onegig(m): 6:20am On Jul 19, 2014
blackprowler:

Thanks for the response. However, I don't think that's the whole picture. We do interact and assess. You see JFK and Jacqueline (vs Marilyn Monroe et al)? What most women can't separate in men's perception is the ability to separate the physical from the cerebral. Almost none of the deep men we're talking about would take a pretty bimbo to the altar; there would be other factors that would be considered. We would like to "do our own" but for serious matters, we all search for the ones with cerebral and emotional compatibility. The human being is not the body - he is the mind. Let me just add that there are many many females that are model-grade beautiful and top students too. However they're few in Nigeria and they always want the highest level prince to come and "deserve them." I love abroad for reasons I can't fully describe here: high quality girls who do not think of themselves as queen of England abound
Another wrong notion. Seek and you shall find.

You must have been looking in the wrong places. I was once like you. Now i know better.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by onegig(m): 6:40am On Jul 19, 2014
Onegai: I mean, once I started reading GRRM's "A Song of Fire and Ice" series, I knew I was reading about a modified version of The War of the Roses (from English History).

I doubt that. His is a mixture of many things. Do you know the act of making a golden crown by pouring hot molten Gold on someone's head was actually the ritual and style of killing by a fierce King and warrior of present day Mongolia named Kahn? Many themes used and most aspects in the book take a leaf from popular prehistoric sources from around the world.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Tolexander: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2014
Chubhie: Start with audio books on psychology- Create the right environment good music with a nice perfumed atmosphere and let your body relax and see your mind gyrate at the food you bout serving. We are all different and hence, no one absolute method of achieving such lovely mental romance with your soul. Albeit, psychology,philosophy will aid in your personal self discovery and what works with you then, apply it and reinvent your self. Above all, do it your way. Listen to MY WAY by Frank sintra.
alright!
Thanks bro.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by greatgeo(m): 11:00am On Jul 19, 2014
I have had a lot to deal with a friend who always ask questions only to find out that she is not d reading type and we have to go our ways cos she never understand me wen we are discussing issues ordinarily a girl of 24yr wud no
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Onegai(f): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
onegig: Stealing my id and substituting the last two characters with ai(artificial intelligence) abi?

Lol, nope. Speaking Japanese, it means "please".

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by chukzbook: 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
thelastmediator: There is enormous power in being a reader. You surely know when to strike and when to play the victim, so much weapon in your arsenal to turn any situation around but there is a very high tendency of being manipulative because you can predict the next possible set of events almost accurately.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by thelastmediator: 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
[quote author=chukzbook][/quote]

Noted!
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by cornelin(m): 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2014
sexmachine01: Hi, my name is Michael I'm an agent to several sugar daddies and sugar mummies. They are hundreds of rich men and women who want sexual satisfaction in exchange of giving you huge sums of money if you can satisfy them. You can become rich over night plus connection to work in Big films. So many of my customers are living in affluence today, don't be left out, money is key to stop so many nonsense!!

You don't have to travel far because we have hundreds of clients in your city!!!

And Guess what?? It's freeee

You don't have to pay me any money my rich clients do/ that after the connection, give it a try dearie

If you are interested send "I'm interested" to
9jasexmanchine@gmail[dot]com
Am nt interested!

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Rapsainot(m): 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
Manweysabi: leaders are readers!
no wonder shepopotamus is a leader too
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 20, 2014
texanomaly: a caveat...

Results may vary...those who read only Fiction may not be as imaginative.
aint it supposed to be da reverse
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 2:23am On Jul 20, 2014
goshap: aint it supposed to be da reverse

Yes. We've already been through this. I didn't proofread before posting. I'll edit it sorry. I've been out of town. Just got back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Date An Ex-girlfriend’s Friend? / My Pre - Wedding Pictures / Would You Change Your Religion For Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.