Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With (26185 Views)

3 Scientifically Proven Ways To Control Konji / The Worst Type Of People To Be In Relationship With. / Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by ihedinobi2: 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Nice. smiley
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
xynerise:
embarassed

lol...That was not a "put down". It was more like looking at your child with love and indulgence.

Bless your heart grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by xynerise: 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

lol...That was not a "put down". It was more like looking at your child with love and indulgence.

Bless your heart grin
Are you sure? undecided
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
thelastmediator: There is enormous power in being a reader. You surely know when to strike and when to play the victim, so much weapon in your arsenal to turn any situation around but there is a very high tendency of being manipulative because you can predict the next possible set of events almost accurately.

“with great power, comes great responsibility”
~Voltaire.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
xynerise:
Are you sure? undecided

tongue Chill out...
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by joywendy(f): 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

You are right. Fiction alone will not accomplish this. The thing is...Reading only nonfiction will not do it either. In anything...a healthy balance is necessary. Especially if one only reads religious books. I'm not saying don't read them. I'm saying don't "only" read them. Only reading religious books can lead to closed-mindedness. There are plenty of good books and stories out there that are inspirational, and do not threaten or encroach on ones beliefs. We should seek knowledge and wisdom, while maintaining our principles. It is possible.
So read a variety of books is the lesson here, not just one. It can make one to be biased. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by xynerise: 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

tongue Chill out...
grin.

I read Marvel comics tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by zyzxx(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
nice write up.. Dis will encourage me to read more

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
xynerise:
grin.

I read Marvel comics tongue

One can actually learn a lot from Marvel Comics. Much of it is based in science and philosophy. Many comics have storylines taken from the "classics". So you are learning without even knowing it. Its kind of like the way classical music is used in cartoons. tongue grin

lol...You are a romantic at heart... wink

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by thelastmediator: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

“with great power, comes great responsibility”
~Voltaire.

True! Use it wisely.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
I agree with the article to a point. I do believe there are people who innately possess these qualities, and develop them throughout their lives. I also believe there are those who, through life experiences, can develop the qualities mentioned. Books can merely enhance what they already have.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
onegig: Only those who are readers would understand and appreciate this article.

A single book is a narration of numerous experience, thoughts and ideas. A reader may not have physically left a place all their lives but they have traveled in their minds to thousands of city and have gained experience from such "trips" even globetrotters can never boast of in their entire lives.

How does that promote tourism?

Reminds me of Total Recall!

Why not get a chemicallly induced memory also?
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
Tenison96:

Not everyone is able to travel for real. Reading is a way to become well rounded wherever you are.

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

4 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by ihedinobi2: 9:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
I think that to be a reader in the first place requires you to be a certain kind of person. Not everyone is naturally driven to exploration and curiousity. True, they are qualities that can be developed later in life. At least, I think that they are. But some people are just born hungry. So they read.

Do readers make better romantic partners? Perhaps. But if I am a typical reader, it means that I anticipate my significant other and they might not always like it. I have seen so many scenarios that once I see something in the relationship or, er, wooing maybe, I can guess where it is headed and that can be a problem.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
ihedinobi2: I think that to be a reader in the first place requires you to be a certain kind of person. Not everyone is naturally driven to exploration and curiousity. True, they are qualities that can be developed later in life. At least, I think that they are. But some people are just born hungry. So they read.

Do readers make better romantic partners? Perhaps. But if I am a typical reader, it means that I anticipate my significant other and they might not always like it. I have seen so many scenarios that once I see something in the relationship or, er, wooing maybe, I can guess where it is headed and that can be a problem.

Perhaps wisdom has saved you a few times. Is that a bad thing?
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by ihedinobi2: 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

Perhaps wisdom has saved you a few times. Is that a bad thing?

That's definitely one way to look at it. Another would be that ignorance is bliss grin

However, some people don't like being anticipated or read correctly when they would rather sort of hide.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by onegig(m): 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2014
Tenison96:

You can't understand. The book's details even increase the yearning of a reader to want to visit a place you have read and connect physically with the descriptions you have created in your head.

No matter how much you try. You got nothing on readers!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by ihedinobi2: 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
onegig: You can't understand. The book's details even increase the yearning of a reader to want to visit a place you have read and connect physically with the descriptions you have created in your head.

No matter how much you try. You got nothing on readers!!!

Quite right actually.

2 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by xynerise: 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly:

One can actually learn a lot from Marvel Comics. Much of it is based in science and philosophy. Many comics have storylines taken from the "classics". So you are learning without even knowing it. Its kind of like the way classical music is used in cartoons. tongue grin

lol...You are a romantic at heart... wink
Really? cheesy

Thanks cool

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by InesQor(m): 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
texanomaly: a caveat...

Results may vary...those who read only Fiction may not be as imaginative.
I keep hearing this from some people but I think the exact opposite is the case; especially with fantasy or science-fiction. That genre (soft sci-fi/hard sci-fi/fantasy) is one that immensely increases one's imaginative power. Same goes for mythology (if you classify it as fiction).

Another genre that boosts imagination is crime & detection. A third one is mystery.

However, romantic fiction (puke face) and most other variants of fiction may even dull your imagination with the surfeit of their quotidian events.

EDIT: My bad. Just realized you said "only" fiction.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Mintayo(m): 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
miztola: No wonder!! gringrin
Is he a reader?winkwink

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Mintayo(m): 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
xynerise: Seriously, I don't like reading undecided
Me neither.:|
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 1:28am On Jul 13, 2014
InesQor:
I keep hearing this from some people but I think the exact opposite is the case; especially with fantasy or science-fiction. That genre (soft sci-fi/hard sci-fi/fantasy) is one that immensely increases one's imaginative power. Same goes for mythology (if you classify it as fiction).

Another genre that boosts imagination is crime & detection. A third one is mystery.

However, romantic fiction (puke face) and most other variants of fiction may even dull your imagination with the surfeit of their quotidian events.

EDIT: My bad. Just realized you said "only" fiction.

oops...until I saw this I didn't realize my mistake. I meant non-fiction. I popped that in at the last minute before people started posting. I should have reread it before hitting "send". I'm surprised no one commented on it before now. embarassed
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by jhidey08(m): 1:30am On Jul 13, 2014
Who is really a reader? A person who finds more interest in his field and tries 2 learn abt his field or sum1 who finds interest in oda fields and concentrate less on his field? Hw can 1 bcum a writer?
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by jhidey08(m): 1:34am On Jul 13, 2014
texanomaly:

oops...until I saw this I didn't realize my mistake. I meant non-fiction. I popped that in at the last minute before people started posting. I should have reread it before hitting "send". I'm surprised no one commented on it before now. embarassed
@ ur Signature: Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Is dat y u're dancing insyd rain on d road? Cars kill o grin
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by traware(m): 1:36am On Jul 13, 2014
LarrySun: WHICH CAME FIRST: THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?

This is one of life's greatest mysteries.

If readers are the best people to fall in love with, what about writers? I know many people would argue about writers being readers. But, not all readers are writers. Yet, most writers are influenced by what they've read somewhere.

Now, who wrote the first scroll? The writer or the reader? (Reference to my first question above)
No mystery there Sir.It has been scientifically proven that the egg comes first

2 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by traware(m): 1:37am On Jul 13, 2014
xynerise: Seriously, I don't like reading undecided
The Blackmans' disease

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by LarrySun(m): 2:08am On Jul 13, 2014
traware: No mystery there Sir.It has been scientifically proven that the egg comes first
Did the egg fall from heaven or something laid it?
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by texanomaly(f): 2:19am On Jul 13, 2014
jhidey08: @ ur Signature: Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Is dat y u're dancing insyd rain on d road? Cars kill o
grin

Thanks for the concern. smiley
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by traware(m): 2:29am On Jul 13, 2014
LarrySun:
Did the egg fall from heaven or something laid it?
Sir,the egg came to exist via evolution.To survive in certain environments,you must evolve.'Heaven' is the creation of human imagination.It doesn't exist.When we die,we cease to exist.Nothing else comes before and nothing else comes after
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by LarrySun(m): 2:34am On Jul 13, 2014
traware: Sir,the egg came to exist via evolution.To survive,you must evolve.'Heaven' is the creation of human imagination.It doesn't exist.When we die,that's the end of our lives.Nothing else
You're speaking from a scientist's point of view, I get it. But speaking from the Biblical, God created the birds. There, the chicken came first. I've always thought Science is a justification of God's existence...but your latest theory disputes that fact.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by jhidey08(m): 4:26am On Jul 13, 2014
texanomaly:

Thanks for the concern. smiley

wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Which Of These Is The Most Important In A Relationship? / ''if You Remove The Condom Without Your Partner's Consent During Sex, It's Rape" / Ever Had A Crush On The Girlfriend/boyfriend Of Your Best Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.