Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,394 members, 7,958,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:19 AM

Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With (26362 Views)

3 Scientifically Proven Ways To Control Konji / The Worst Type Of People To Be In Relationship With. / Why Are Men Always Afraid To Fall In Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by ablyguy(m): 1:44am On Jul 18, 2014
Manweysabi:

You wan change am?

Abacha is not a leader... He's a ruler

Yes, to s/th apt like readers are leaders.

Nice try. Rulers are leaders, still...
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Bluhazel: 1:45am On Jul 18, 2014
it depends... if he/she is a novel freak, then it maybe true
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 18, 2014
I'll go one further to say writers. Writers tend to be very interesting if u r the curious type. I've met readers who have very shallow personalities, but most writers I know tend to be quite fun to be with.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by luvmijeje(f): 2:52am On Jul 18, 2014
Nice thread. Also nice conversation between Larry and onegig.

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by MizMyColi(f): 3:14am On Jul 18, 2014
agabaI23: MizMyColi comes to mind
grin Thank You. You've just made my morning kiss kiss
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by ril19(m): 4:35am On Jul 18, 2014
joywendy: Mmm...nice article. This is a lesson to those people always asking for summary.

Though I believe it works for those who apply what the read, cause there are some people that read and still don't have those characteritics you mentioned.
Well, op I have a question.
What kind of books? Motivational books?
Religous books? Biographies? Cause I don't think reading just fiction will generate all this

A true reader.........? He reads and just keeps reading any and everything interesting. He doesn't ever walk past a captivating topic without picking up the knowledge therein. He picks up a paper on the street, folds it and puts it in his pocket all because it contains a captivating topic. He is driven by a passion for knowledge and experience. His thoughts are more indept than others around him.
Suffice to say that readers are also writers because they've been with a lot of writers and seen them make expressions and put actions into words.

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Chubhie: 4:39am On Jul 18, 2014
May I please add that the blending of reading with Classical music is some feelings words fail to express. As a philosopher, One of the legacies I vowed to leave for products that came through my loins is a well stocked and updated library and, if the cosmic Universe finds me worthy to tarry longer then I will initiate it to the larger society. One thing I have noticed from experience is that when you read and advance your mind to a certain level you might feel lonely while in a crowd and once you are able to see one that flows on same frequency, MAGIC HAPPENS! The intensity is as if you both know each other a thousand years. Accidentally got talking with a guy I met and the convo sweet sote I jokingly asked where he had been all this while. Ladies that resonate on such frequencies are Milady, lady in Red,gorgeous,lovely,humane,disciplined,SEXY-though I hate to use sexy to address a milady. Regardless of if she worwor facially I'm in love with her MENTALLY. I became a better human through self induced reading but then, the kind of materials you read is another thing entirely.

2 Likes

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by coolvitus(m): 5:15am On Jul 18, 2014
9ice one
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by rodbel(m): 5:18am On Jul 18, 2014
onegig: Only those who are readers would understand and appreciate this article.

A single book is a narration of numerous experience, thoughts and ideas. A reader may not have physically left a place all their lives but they have traveled in their minds to thousands of cities and have gained experience from such "trips". Such a feat that an avid globetrotter can't even boast of in a lifetime.

You couldn't have said it better
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by blackprowler: 5:48am On Jul 18, 2014
traware: Sir,the egg came to exist via evolution.To survive in certain environments,you must evolve.'Heaven' is the creation of human imagination.It doesn't exist.When we die,we cease to exist.Nothing else comes before and nothing else comes after

Hi. How's life with you? Do you come from educated/enlightened parents/family/background? I made a mistake of knowing too much (from reading and documentaries) compared to the typical ignorant Nigerian family into which I was born and now my life is a misery. They think I'm mad. I'm in my 40s and from my life experiences, I can tell you it is dangerous to be more aware than your community unless you have dictatorial power over them.

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by blackprowler: 5:54am On Jul 18, 2014
LarrySun:
You're speaking from a scientist's point of view, I get it. But speaking from the Biblical, God created the birds. There, the chicken came first. I've always thought Science is a justification of God's existence...but your latest theory disputes that fact.

There is no scientific point of view. Science is the way to get truth. Science is truth. Everything you have around you results from science. It is the bible and other religious books that are points of view. They are dogma. It is sad that people, even some science students, don't know what science is

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by blackprowler: 6:42am On Jul 18, 2014
gsalvatore:

Playing the shallow game can be frustating and painful. Who has all the time to keep Changing retards, that's capital and time intensive.

Shallow people have conquered Nigeria..Readers are now endangered Species.

My dear, my life has been rendered impossible in the midst of a thick cloud of ignorance in Nigeria. From the president down to the family unit, ignorance which manifests itself in shallowness reigns supreme. My story is so long. I just conclude that whatever your society is, better also be so if there's not enough of you to change things

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by agabaI23(m): 6:52am On Jul 18, 2014
MizMyColi: grin Thank You. You've just made my morning kiss kiss
You are welcome kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Onegai(f): 7:19am On Jul 18, 2014
InesQor:
I keep hearing this from some people but I think the exact opposite is the case; especially with fantasy or science-fiction. That genre (soft sci-fi/hard sci-fi/fantasy) is one that immensely increases one's imaginative power. Same goes for mythology (if you classify it as fiction).

Another genre that boosts imagination is crime & detection. A third one is mystery.

However, romantic fiction (puke face) and most other variants of fiction may even dull your imagination with the surfeit of their quotidian events.

EDIT: My bad. Just realized you said "only" fiction.

Romantic Fiction can grow in you a rapid love of History, particularly if the writer does adequate research (Jean Plaidy and Georgette Heyer made me do massive research on English and Continental European History). Even the Bodice-ripper romance novels have something to teach. I mean, once I started reading GRRM's "A Song of Fire and Ice" series, I knew I was reading about a modified version of The War of the Roses (from English History).

Good sci-fi is nice too and give me an Agatha Christie anyday over a tv show. Books I've been liking recently are award-winning books (Rani Manika "The Rice Mother", Jhumpa Lahiri and more).

Yep, I was that child who read Homer's "The iliad" and could quote Shakespeare in JSS. It drives me mad to see parents throw DSTV and imported toys at their kids and nary a book, not even a naija folktale book.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by softandsweet(f): 7:33am On Jul 18, 2014
Chubhie: May I please add that the blending of reading with Classical music is some feelings words fail to express. As a philosopher, One of the legacies I vowed to leave for products that came through my loins is a well stocked and updated library and, if the cosmic Universe finds me worthy to tarry longer then I will initiate it to the larger society. One thing I have noticed from experience is that when you read and advance your mind to a certain level you might feel lonely while in a crowd and once you are able to see one that flows on same frequency, MAGIC HAPPENS! The intensity is as if you both know each other a thousand years. Accidentally got talking with a guy I met and the convo sweet sote I jokingly asked where he had been all this while. Ladies that resonate on such frequencies are Milady, lady in Red,gorgeous,lovely,humane,disciplined,SEXY-though I hate to use sexy to address a milady. Regardless of if she worwor facially I'm in love with her MENTALLY. I became a better human through self induced reading but then, the kind of materials you read is another thing entirely.

You got me at "classical music" smiley
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Onegai(f): 7:35am On Jul 18, 2014
blackprowler:

Hi. How's life with you? Do you come from educated/enlightened parents/family/background? I made a mistake of knowing too much (from reading and documentaries) compared to the typical ignorant Nigerian family into which I was born and now my life is a misery. They think I'm mad. I'm in my 40s and from my life experiences, I can tell you it is dangerous to be more aware than your community unless you have dictatorial power over them.

yep, really dangerous to be more aware than your community. When you are different or think different, they view you with suspicion and intolerance (you don't blend with the pack). Galileo comes to mind. I remember when I took up violin-playing, people started asking "oh, so you're now into Music?" same reaction when I started painting, happily now I am. Particularly in Nigeria, you cannot acquire Knowledge for its beautiful sake. It must be for financial or religious purposes. People have wondered aloud why Art, Classical or Arranged Music and Literature are important, they cannot comprehend using them to even relax.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by igbo2011(m): 7:45am On Jul 18, 2014
I rather date a doer than a reader. I get sick of intellectual masturbation, we need to build and do.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by LarrySun(m): 7:50am On Jul 18, 2014
blackprowler:

There is no scientific point of view. Science is the way to get truth. Science is truth. Everything you have around you results from science. It is the bible and other religious books that are points of view. They are dogma. It is sad that people, even some science students, don't know what science is

I said 'scientist's point of view', I didn't say 'scientific point of view'...there is a great difference. Well, I'm not a science student, as you so put it. But I know that even some scientific claims have been flawed.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by aprilrays(f): 7:59am On Jul 18, 2014
I prefer Writers to Readers but i love poets more.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by exx(m): 7:59am On Jul 18, 2014
Totally agree with the 1000 lives...doesnt always make them the best to fall in love with especially if u cant relate on the same level with them
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by EmperorSpecie(m): 8:16am On Jul 18, 2014
I see guys runnin 2 d bukshop!

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Tolexander: 8:19am On Jul 18, 2014
Chubhie: May I please add that the blending of reading with Classical music is some feelings words fail to express. As a philosopher, One of the legacies I vowed to leave for products that came through my loins is a well stocked and updated library and, if the cosmic Universe finds me worthy to tarry longer then I will initiate it to the larger society. One thing I have noticed from experience is that when you read and advance your mind to a certain level you might feel lonely while in a crowd and once you are able to see one that flows on same frequency, MAGIC HAPPENS! The intensity is as if you both know each other a thousand years. Accidentally got talking with a guy I met and the convo sweet sote I jokingly asked where he had been all this while. Ladies that resonate on such frequencies are Milady, lady in Red,gorgeous,lovely,humane,disciplined,SEXY-though I hate to use sexy to address a milady. Regardless of if she worwor facially I'm in love with her MENTALLY. I became a better human through self induced reading but then, the kind of materials you read is another thing entirely.
bro, i've got a lot of issues with reading books. It isn't just part of me picking up motivational books, novels et al. But when it comes to books containing old and present events, facts, creatures, places, people et al, i can spend a complete revolution on them without standing up.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Chubhie: 9:08am On Jul 18, 2014
Tolexander: bro, i've got a lot of issues with reading books. It isn't just part of me picking up motivational books, novels et al. But when it comes to books containing old and present events, facts, creatures, places, people et al, i can spend a complete revolution on them without standing up.
Start with audio books on psychology- Create the right environment good music with a nice perfumed atmosphere and let your body relax and see your mind gyrate at the food you bout serving. We are all different and hence, no one absolute method of achieving such lovely mental romance with your soul. Albeit, psychology,philosophy will aid in your personal self discovery and what works with you then, apply it and reinvent your self. Above all, do it your way. Listen to MY WAY by Frank sintra.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Chubhie: 9:23am On Jul 18, 2014
softandsweet:

You got me at "classical music" smiley
softandsweet milady, I'm an old soul probably living in wrong times.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by kemthegirl(f): 9:51am On Jul 18, 2014
brianromel: Interesting read.

For one who finds time to read 70 or more books a year. Who consumers a wide range of online articles on various topics and thread a day. I begin to comprehend truth from this thread.

The current situation of dating revolves round shallow people and sex. Rare before you can find one person who is above and beyond the trend of things. Some who are, tend to feel lonely and left out at times.

My solution is to blend the two. Play the shallow game and be quiet with what you know, don't push on a shallow person cos they might feel your old school or trying to change them.

Change partners as often as possible till you meet the one that ignites that spark of common interest. Then u may hold them tight.

Just saying not doing

good to know i am not the only one who thinks like this.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by blackprowler: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2014

Please, I starve for such company. I couldn't remain abroad where such company is ubiquitous. I am the very worst case of someone who can't fit this society. Please if there are people who love modernity, intellectualism (I BEG IN GOD, JESUS, ALLAH, OLODUMARE'S NAMES, NOT DEGREES UPON DEGREES; CERTIFICATES UPON CERTIFICATES) please let's be real life friends. The type of persons I'm talking about wouldn't be angry if we have differences in some of our views. Hell, some might be able to learn from others, jettison their previous uninformed positions, and be better people as a result. Drop your contacts. I'm in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by fubbyy(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2014
This is a crap
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Onegai(f): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2014
For those of us who are into Classical music, can we start a club? I used to hang out with the MUSON crowd and would always invite friends for their concerts (none ever came).

Tickets are affordable and they even have free recitals. It would be nice to encourage a blend to western and african instuments in an orchestra (the GoT main them has parts that can be played with some Nigerian guitars and the bass section too, that pot drum can handle some sections, to support the western drum).
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Chubhie: 10:43am On Jul 18, 2014
blackprowler:

Please, I starve for such company. I couldn't remain abroad where such company is ubiquitous. I am the very worst case of someone who can't fit this society. Please if there are people who love modernity, intellectualism (I BEG IN GOD, JESUS, ALLAH, OLODUMARE'S NAMES, NOT DEGREES UPON DEGREES; CERTIFICATES UPON CERTIFICATES) please let's be real life friends. The type of persons I'm talking about wouldn't be angry if we have differences in some of our views. Hell, some might be able to learn from others, jettison their previous uninformed positions, and be better people as a result. Drop your contacts. I'm in Lagos.
Have argued and taken weakened positions yet forged strong arguments to shock one I'm engaged with to defend my positions. Have taken positions as an atheist,muslim,Christian,Nazi germany etc just to spice up a one sided convo and juggle the mind purely for mental simulation and misunderstood. Some call me the devil some say I don waka comot this world. I'm Chubhie an I'm my own best companion. You've already thrown away that surprise element by dropping your digits. There are lots more as you and you need to deliberately seek them out and enjoy such company once in a while. there's a young guy who is rendered immobile from knee downwards and begs for alms and I do drop my widows mite once in a while and noticed that he's always lively so I sat with him where he always beg for alms and chatted with him! We were all laughing throughout and people where just looking at us. Those were golden moments in my life. I felt proud and my spirit gyrated. Those are the lil stuffs that make life worthwhile. Seek em out.
Re: Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With by Kessyy2k4(m): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2014
sexmachine01: Hi, my name is Michael I'm an agent to several sugar daddies and sugar mummies. They are hundreds of rich men and women who want sexual satisfaction in exchange of giving you huge sums of money if you can satisfy them. You can become rich over night plus connection to work in Big films. So many of my customers are living in affluence today, don't be left out, money is key to stop so many nonsense!!

You don't have to travel far because we have hundreds of clients in your city!!!

And Guess what?? It's freeee

You don't have to pay me any money my rich clients do/ that after the connection, give it a try dearie

If you are interested send "I'm interested" to
9jasexmanchine@gmail[dot]com
scammer, if that's true, u shouldn't hv border connecting people nowgrincheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies Ask Any Question, First Guy To Nail It Earns An Exclusive PM From You / Have You Ever Cheated On Your Partner? If So Why? / Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.