Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! (45025 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 15, 2014
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mavinc4u(f): 1:57am On Jul 15, 2014
Lexusgs430: I have been trading on eBay for over 10 years, with over 1500 positive feedbacks. I have never had a disputed transaction, that I did not get a 100% refund from PayPal.
Just log into your PayPal account, scroll to resolution center, state your case and await sellers response.
If seller does not respond after a couple of days, escalate claim.
Unfortunately, most sellers on eBay have heard stories or rumours, about fraudulent transactions from Nigeria, hence them excluding Nigeria in their listing or refusing to post items out. (we have no one to blame, but a few or majority, that has tarnished our reputation).

lol, my boss longest time. i never knew you were on ebay. i be dey think say na only some people waka go there. grin grin
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 15, 2014
anthoniaz: I know people who use ebay and if not for fear, I would be using it.It's even better to go to a shop and buy whatever you want twice the eBay price instead going through all this.I just hope you don't loose your money.Just be patient.
depends
..I don't buy from sellers with bad feedback. simple as ABC.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

You don't know anything about ebay. They hold your money as a seller

That's rich. Look at the attached and weep.

I guess they hold yah alls account because you are not a proven seller. I get my money in 3 days because I have a verified credit card/checking account that eBay can always go in and chargeback. I also have 100% satisfied customer because I don't sell dubious merchandise to yahoo type folks.

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 15, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION: And this happened to me today
me wey be naija sef would never ship to Nigeria...
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

He's absolutely right only the bit that ebay will hold your money is not always true

I won't argue because you said "not always true". All this JJC that think eBay is not entitled to a way to chargeback when deals go south.

If you have a good record with eBay and your previous buyers, have credit card and checking accounts on file then they have a recourse for chargeback.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 2:18am On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

That's rich. Look at the attached and weep.

I guess they hold yah alls account because you are not a proven seller. I get my money in 3 days because I have a verified credit card/checking account that eBay can always go in and chargeback. I also have 100% satisfied customer because I don't sell dubious merchandise to yahoo type folks.

We are talking about sellers here not buyer. You 238 positive feedback since 2002. How many items hv u sold to know the wrath of eBay policies.

I have over 1000 positive on two accounts within 2yrs. One is over 800 positive feedback as a seller.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by cocoduck: 2:22am On Jul 15, 2014
udemzyudex:

So US na saint?
Don't mind the idiot. these are the people who believe that anything Nigerian is bad.
why don't they just commit suicide.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

We are talking about sellers here not buyer. You 238 positive feedback since 2002. How many items hv u sold to know the wrath of eBay policies.

I have over 1000 positive on two accounts within 2yrs. One is over 800 positive feedback as a seller.

This is my personal account dude, my 3 business account has a combined over 10,000 so go sit down somewhere.

Did you even look at my account live to see if I was a seller or buyer before making your knee jerk reaction?

I don't incur the wrath of my business partners because I read their business policy and I don't try to circumvent them at each and every opportunity.

What is the dollar value of the trinkets and bits and bobs that you sell on eBay? Quality over quantity mate. Think about that.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 2:31am On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

This is my personal account dude, my 3 business account has a combined over 10,000 so go sit down somewhere.

Did you even look at my account live to see if I was a seller or buyer before making your knee jerk reaction?

I don't incur the wrath of my business partners because I read their business policy and I don't try to circumvent them at each and every opportunity.

What is the dollar value of the trinkets and bits and bobs that you sell on eBay? Quality over quantity mate. Think about that.

Ok I will go and sit down but I can tell u r not an eBay seller. If u are with over 10000 feedbacks you must have met one ungrateful buyer who will like to get your item for free and open a case against u.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mavinc4u(f): 2:41am On Jul 15, 2014
Nice comments so far but some things are missing from the comments and i would point them out.

i remember vividly when people were rejoicing at opening a paypal account that i pointed out some things but some people almost crucified me for doing so. i would have given you a link to read more if not for nairaland earthquake. Back to your concern

Op, why is your ebay account suspended? Read the mail that was sent to you as their reason for your account suspension to find out what happened, you are the only person that has answer to your account suspension. you are pointing finger to the wrong direction, turn your finger direction towards yourself and ask yourself questions.

- do you have a suspended account in the past?

- do you have an address or name of a suspended account on your profile?

- you sent your details to paypal and they rejected it, did you give them the right information with explanation?

op said he cannot communicate with the seller nor retrieve the item number to the seller's item; i thought ebay account goes with an email address and every transaction and messages on ebay also goes to your email address so he can still get the item number from his email and he can also get the seller's contact from paypal to communicate with the seller in a friendly way that is if you are still interested in the item and if you are not then just call ebay to restore your account to avoid limiting your paypal account.

Hints: if you call ebay again, tell those first customer support to transfer you to account suspension unit because you are no longer happy with ebay services. the right people to speak with is the suspension unit if not they would keep tossing you until you get tired.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Atmmachine(m): 3:04am On Jul 15, 2014
Paypal & ebay does not work in Nigeria..

We in America make use of Ebay & Amazon but we dey fear Craiglist like death

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 15, 2014
Atmmachine: Paypal & ebay does not work in Nigeria..

Craiglist is full of p.edophiles, serial killers, robbers and thieves. I don't even go there.

I do most of my shopping on ebay. The best so far wink
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 3:28am On Jul 15, 2014
pDude:

Craiglist is full of p.edophiles, serial killers, robbers and thieves I don't even go there.

Lwtmb grin grin grin
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

Ok I will go and sit down but I can tell u r not an eBay seller. If u are with over 10000 feedbacks you must have met one ungrateful buyer who will like to get your item for free and open a case against u.

Look at the attached screenshot again, this time I squared the area which identifies me as a seller since long before you even heard about eBay.

I take the time to sell good items, good pictures, detailed description, follow all eBay policies with proper shipping with signature verification, reserve the right to end listings, etc etc

If you list and sell just any how then you'll get into situations that you describe.

You guys with all your yang, you can ask for guidance on who to maintain 100% feedback like me and who I get paid quickly by eBay but you won't instead you prance around spouting off nonsensical data which means nothing.

How can you seriously accuse me of not being a seller when you don't even know me at all and despite the fact that I even provided you with my eBay id when you can simply log onto eBay and research to see if I am a seller or not?

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 15, 2014
Atmmachine: Paypal & ebay does not work in Nigeria..

I am in the USA, I love Craigslist. I make a good amount of money on Craigslist.

As in anything you have to be cognizance of your environment. People get taken on Amazon and eBay all the time.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by kobonaire(m): 3:43am On Jul 15, 2014
There is a reason why ebay is a reputable billion $ company .... I don't take these "negative" stories on NL seriously ..... people even buy cars on ebay.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by johnemeka(m): 3:49am On Jul 15, 2014
[size=18pt]What am ugly experience...ah![/size]
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Lexusgs430: 4:12am On Jul 15, 2014
mavinc4u:

lol, my boss longest time. i never knew you were on ebay. i be dey think say na only some people waka go there. grin grin

I dey there dere too o Madam. No be only you dey waka go dere o.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by bassette(m): 4:13am On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

I am in the USA, I love Craigslist. I make a good amount of money on Craigslist.

As in anything you have to be cognizance of your environment. People get taken on Amazon and eBay all the time.
Your responses have been matured and concise..at least I wanna learn hence am following..Good to meet someone like you here
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:20am On Jul 15, 2014
The OP hit the nail on target. It's the lack of trust for Nigerians and anything Nigerian. Always use ebay and never have any problem. Make sure your money is refunded or you threaten to sue them because that's what this big American firms are afraid of. Goodluck.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by kpolli(m): 4:33am On Jul 15, 2014
First problem is that you linked your account to Paypal. I have been using paypal for years but never linked my account.
Second, you linked your account to ebay again.

Then you went on to try to buy stuff without enough funds... Good thing is that no matter what, paypal should refund your money but you go dey patient ehn

Now the case you can open against them is that they were aware of a fraud who breached their rules, they allowed him to sell goods and then banned you and not him....

Next time you want to buy something, check his/her rating and ensure he is a Top seller and accepts returns
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by linearity: 4:39am On Jul 15, 2014
eBay/Paypal is 110% safe for buyers! you have to follow the rules! but not so much for the seller.

If the buyer have not shipped your item, you can cancel the transaction and get every one of your penny back. Sometimes, even if the buyer has shipped and it's not delivered, you still in the clear to get your money back even if tracking shows the item in transit and it's past 30 days (which may be as a result of a lazy mailman/woman in the chain of custody that could not bothered to scan the item)....

But, watch the sellers make such ebay/paypal display's buyer protection on that transaction, avoid buyer unprotected transactions like plague.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Gboliwe: 4:42am On Jul 15, 2014
Goldenboy007: Hmmmmm, This is the disadvantage of being the first set of people to try out a new system. Definetly the system would still have teething problem. I have done several businesses on eBay although I live in the US, some transaction went well and some did not. Be rest assured they will return your money if you have not breached any of their laws. Blaming them for tagging us a fraud? Tell that to our brothers in the yahoo yahoo business ! The funny thing is I; myself don't trust Nigerians even though i'm a bloody Nigerian too ! When I buy on eBay I screen off all sellers outside US because the fear of Nigerians, Indians, Chinese, Indonesians and their likes is the beginning of wisdom ! Its sad that in the virtual business world, the mention of that word "Nigeria" people take to their heels!!!

So on point. I am pocketing this.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by linearity: 4:46am On Jul 15, 2014
Lucasbalo: The OP hit the nail on target. It's the lack of trust for Nigerians and anything Nigerian. Always use ebay and never have any problem. Make sure your money is refunded or you threaten to sue them because that's what this big American firms are afraid of. Goodluck.
gee! You want to sue Paypal over $200 and you say they afraid of that? That is a small claims matter, is he going to go get a visa and buy a return trip ticket to the US to prosecute his $200 case before a small claims judge now?

My point is, you don't have to threaten to sue anyone, they will see through it....PayPal will refund your money, so you do not even have to go through all that....you can even change your mind on a legitimate transaction and still get your money back if the seller has not shipped the item and if the item has been shipped, return it with tracking and upon verification, your money will be refunded.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by linearity: 4:53am On Jul 15, 2014
Goldenboy007:

Yes oooo my brother ! It will be a shame if after spending donkeys years in Lagos, make I go fall maga to my own people again ! They supposed flog me !

Op, this is how the PayPal system works, when you buy goods, PayPal holds the money from getting to the buyer until it confirms the goods have been delivered and buyer is satisfied. Now the burden of proof rests on the seller to inform them the goods was delivered and ok ! I once bought Nike Gym shoes on eBay that ended up looking like something made from Ariaria Market in Aba, (apologies to my bros from the East), I lambasted the seller and escalated the issue to eBay, the seller did not agree o! However eBay read our message exchange and sent me an apology letter. They paid for the shipping back and refunded my complete money !

Not true, am an ebay power seller, I gets my money the second the buyer pays....if for some reason I could not complete the transaction eg ran out of stock because the item was sold on Amazon or elsewhere and the listing was not taken down from ebay, I process a refund for the buyer.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 4:56am On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

Look at the attached screenshot again, this time I squared the area which identifies me as a seller since long before you even heard about eBay.

I take the time to sell good items, good pictures, detailed description, follow all eBay policies with proper shipping with signature verification, reserve the right to end listings, etc etc

If you list and sell just any how then you'll get into situations that you describe.

You guys with all your yang, you can ask for guidance on who to maintain 100% feedback like me and who I get paid quickly by eBay but you won't instead you prance around spouting off nonsensical data which means nothing.

How can you seriously accuse me of not being a seller when you don't even know me at all and despite the fact that I even provided you with my eBay id when you can simply log onto eBay and research to see if I am a seller or not?

Stop misleading people as if you can only open only an eBay seller account. Once you open an eBay account you can sell and buy items but ebay do advice people to open another account if you don't want to mix up your buying and selling.

You said you have an eBay business account but why r u showing us ur personal account.

From your screen shot it showed that the last time you receive a feedback on eBay was 6 month ago which means you not an active seller.

If you're an active ebay seller you should know that listing your item with 100 percent perfect item description doesn't quanrantee you of having 100 percent positive feedback. Let me tell my personal experience with ebay buyers

Case 1: I sold an item worth of 200 pounds to this buyer (note that I have been selling same item to different people without complain). This buyer received this item but claimed that the item is not working. I knew he was not doing the right or read the manual because he had to change it to his region which I can't do because we were not in the same region. So the guy concluded that he will return the item with a full refund plus the money the money he will use to post it back to me which I'm not obliged to pay with ebay policy. I received the item and I refunded him 100 percent plus his postage. The guy has nothing to loose but I lost 30 pounds to post it to him and to receive it back. Upon all this I still receive a negative feedback after making him happy.

Case 2. A buyer both 3 items from me and he requested a discount on postage which I gave him one postage for free. Unfortunately for me the guy gave me negative feedback. I contacted him for the feedback and said he was expecting me to give more discounts on the items but I didn't. I contacted ebay they said that's his opinion.

I can tell you more but my point is you are not seller. If truly you hv over 10000 feedbacks you met have met one ungrateful buyer.

It's only buyers that can keep 100 percent positive feedback because there's no way a seller can give a negative feedback one can only leave a bad comment which will still come as a positive feedback.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Gboliwe: 5:05am On Jul 15, 2014
pDude:

Craiglist is full of p.edophiles, serial killers, robbers and thieves. I don't even go there.

Lagtech take note. We don't need you dead, we need you strong and alive.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by englishmart(m): 5:17am On Jul 15, 2014
[size=45pt] IF I TOLD YOU MY OWN BITTER EXPERIENCE, YOU WOULD CLOSE THIS THREAD [/size]

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by SweetyZinta(f): 5:30am On Jul 15, 2014
U're d Biggest risk taker of all time. U mean u could just trade ur 200+ Dollar 4 an online transaction? U should hv tried their Escrow option now! Am happy u're not keeping Quite abt it. Fight on Bro!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market / Dollar Is Back To Normal On Google, Sigh :-( / My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.