Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! (45010 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
drakeskull: I just got a mail from PayPal following the dispute I opened. In the mail, they said the payment has been reversed and that I should check the status in my PayPal dashboard. I checked now and the status is showing "reversed" with a note that the seller has reversed the payment. Even though it hasn't reflected on my PayPal balance nor my Gtb acct details.

Am guessing it could take time to reflect. Will keep following it up and update the thread as soon as it reflects.

So as we have seen PayPal/eBay is not an evil scamming enterprise that some inept amongst us would try to lead others to believe.

You will absolutely get 100% of your money back. I guarantee it.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

Cool posts
Please can you explain the amazon part (Taken)

Taken means getting duped.

Fraud occurs everywhere but the response of eBay/PayPal/amazon is the key.

If buyer is on the up and up, hasn't tried to game the system you'll get your money back.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
NoContract:

Secured, my assole

Maybe you live under a rock but eBay suffered a massive cyber attack this February and millions of credit card and bank account details of eBay users were stolen and resold to the online black market. Google is your friend.

How much did you loose? Do you know first hand of anyone loosing money and not being made whole back?

eBay is uber secure. No company is above reproach.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
KnuckleHead: I bought something on Ebay and paid via paypal and didnt leave a feedback for the seller. The seller sent me a mail saying Please can you leave a feedback for me. that paypal are withholding her funds because shes a new seller that the sooner I leave a feedback the sooner she gets access to her fund.

Its clearly written on paypal website that:

Funds availability details
When some sellers receive payments, we may hold the money in their pending balance for up to 21 days. We want to make sure that there are no problems with the orders, such as disputes, claims, returns, or chargebacks. After we determine that the order was fulfilled and the customer is satisfied, we may release the money earlier.
If we place your money in a pending balance, it belongs to you but isn't immediately available to spend or withdraw.

We'll let you know if payments on your account are held. We'll also let you know what steps you can take to have your money released earlier. If your PayPal account was already limited, you'll need to lift those limits before you complete the steps to release your payments.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/paypal-funds-availability

Look up the meaning of the word "may". It's not absolute that they hold your money.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

Thank you for the compliment.

Sending money through PayPal to pay for eBay purchase has to do with both.

Did i say i was paying for an ebay purchase? ITK

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Jerryjat(m): 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
justi4jesu:

You must

hahahahahahaahahahaaha.....

i pray ooooooooo...... shocked......
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by pickabeau1: 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
Yes i know what you mean by duped

I just wanted to know examples of common dupes... say

I have not experienced such anyway

CityNG:

Taken means getting duped.

Fraud occurs everywhere but the response of eBay/PayPal/amazon is the key.

If buyer is on the up and up, hasn't tried to game the system you'll get your money back.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
pickabeau1: Yes i know what you mean by duped

I just wanted to know examples of common dupes... say

I have not experienced such anyway

The typical ones are counterfeit items. They'll post a picture of the genuine article but ship a copy.

What I do is take pictures of the actual item as a seller and as a buyer I ask for same.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

Did i say i was paying for an ebay purchase? ITK

Go back and read the thread again, I think you missed the road along the way.

Waiting for more compliments from you lol
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Walebakare(m): 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
What happen to all the phones on olx? Contentment is all u nid.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

Go back and read the thread again, I think you missed the road along the way.

Waiting for more compliments from you lol

u need help

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Goldenboy007(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
KnuckleHead: I bought something on Ebay and paid via paypal and didnt leave a feedback for the seller. The seller sent me a mail saying Please can you leave a feedback for me. that paypal are withholding her funds because shes a new seller that the sooner I leave a feedback the sooner she gets access to her fund.

Its clearly written on paypal website that:

Funds availability details
When some sellers receive payments, we may hold the money in their pending balance for up to 21 days. We want to make sure that there are no problems with the orders, such as disputes, claims, returns, or chargebacks. After we determine that the order was fulfilled and the customer is satisfied, we may release the money earlier.
If we place your money in a pending balance, it belongs to you but isn't immediately available to spend or withdraw.

We'll let you know if payments on your account are held. We'll also let you know what steps you can take to have your money released earlier. If your PayPal account was already limited, you'll need to lift those limits before you complete the steps to release your payments.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/paypal-funds-availability

Thank you for confirming what I said about the withheld money . Some people are just too intellectually myopic! Same happened to me with a seller that begged me to leave a positive remark.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

u need help

That's the typical fallback position when folks run out of steam.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by pickabeau1: 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

The typical ones are counterfeit items. They'll post a picture of the genuine article but ship a copy.

What I do is take pictures of the actual item as a seller and as a buyer I ask for same.

Nice i typically buy items in amazon stock or their certified sellers (some guys from Hong kong) which they now fulfill..

This is good information for me

i will take note

However i thought amazon acts as a middleman somewhat
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Goldenboy007:

Thank you for confirming what I said about the withheld money . Some people are just too intellectually myopic! Same happened to me with a seller that begged me to leave a positive remark.

So two guys on NL met an unverified seller. Woohoo lol
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

Nice i typically buy items in amazon stock or their certified sellers (some guys from Hong kong) which they now fulfill..

This is good information for me

i will take note

However i thought amazon acts as a middleman somewhat

Yes they do act as such.

I only buy on Amazon when the item is being sold and fulfilled by Amazon. I also use their credit card which has additional protection too.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by pickabeau1: 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nice...

CityNG:

Yes they do act as such.

I only buy on Amazon when the item is being sold and fulfilled by Amazon. I also use their credit card which has additional protection too.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

See you are typing rubbish again and insulting people. PayPal can hold any money. i made a payment thru my paypal of over £1000 which was supposed to get to the receiver immediately. the receiver notified me that he hasnt received the payment. I asked him to wait till next day.

After like 2hrs paypal called me to ask if im aware of the fund leaving my account and i said yes that is going to Mr XYZ and they release the fund immediatly for the guy.

so stop saying paypal cant hold your money and you claimed that you hv over 10000 transactions.

CityNG:
That's the typical fallback position when folks run out of steam.

u see that u argue blindly. where did i mention an ebay purchase/

u r suffering from mental asylum plus u need deliverance

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

u see that u argue blindly. where did i mention an ebay purchase/

u r suffering from mental asylum plus u need deliverance

Mental asylum and deliverance? Hmmmm...sort of like a 2 for 1 deal? Interesting, will it come with an eBay type guarantee? Lol

You got caught with your pants down so you have to resort to nonsensical rumblings.

Have you taken any of my advice on how to improve your relationship with your supply chain?

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by balogunsam(m): 7:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
drakeskull:

Thank you for this. The money was transferred from my credit card to the customers paypal according to what is showing in my account overview on my paypal dashboard. Opened a dispute already and waiting for answers.

Thanks

i feel your pain bro. My account got suspended indefinitely too and i tried reaching out to them a few times to no avail. I did not bother much because the sellers already shipped my items and they were already en route my USA address. There is so much fine line to be wary of in this ebay/paypal thing. I hope its resolved soon.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by umar1988: 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2014
guy you are laying.
ebay is real. i always buy item from ebay. and paypal is also real if you do not recived your item paypal will retune you money i guaranty you.
always check b4 buying item on ebay if the seller will ship to nigeria. and also check the location of the item.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Originalsly: 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
New account....first purchase...why would you want to start off on the wrong foot by trying to purchase an item when you know your account can't cover the cost?....and now you are here shouting that you don't know why people don't trust Nigerians. I guess you just wanted test them...and they just wanted to test you.

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
Originalsly: New account....first purchase...why would you want to start off on the wrong foot by trying to purchase an item when you know your account can't cover the cost?....and now you are here shouting that you don't know why people don't trust Nigerians. I guess you just wanted test them...and they just wanted to test you.

Comprehension matters a lot. Don't just jump into typing in the comment box. Read well. I never mention I shopped on ebay without having much. It was another website entirely and not ebay.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by alapomejis: 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
The same thing happened to me , i actually bought my item from craigslist.com in UK and the seller refused to ship down the item after i made paypal payment with my GT debit card. After 4days i called paypal to lay the complain and they open a claim for me saying they will contact the seller . It was a long story. I called paypal almost everyday. They were actually faithful to me and they investigated the issue And realize the seller lied abt everythin. N my refund was made back into my GT account after 2days.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by alapomejis: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
Yeah after the reverse .your money will get to your account after like 2days . I assure u that. My was reversed too and i got alert after 2days that my account has been credited

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by otunba88(m): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Don't you know mikkyangel? grin
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Atmmachine(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

I buy and sell classic cars.

I'm secured enough to have verified buyers come to my house.

I'll never buy a car from someone in a mall. I want to see where the car is parked normally to see if any oil leaks.

You must be an igbo guy grin grin
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
Atmmachine:

You must be an igbo guy grin grin

Lol, I'm actually Yoruba. I love Igbo women and music though.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by UrbanMystique: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2014
CityNG:

Lol, I'm actually Yoruba. I love Igbo women and music though.
are you in ibadan?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 16, 2014
UrbanMystique: are you in ibadan?

Not currently there physically (in Los Angeles) but I have enterprise there. Will return shortly.

Can I be of help?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mavinc4u(f): 12:30am On Jul 16, 2014
drakeskull:

Comprehension matters a lot. Don't just jump into typing in the comment box. Read well. I never mention I shopped on ebay without having much. It was another website entirely and not ebay.

what is your ebay registered address; Us or Nigeria?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by dridowu: 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Jolly247: @op. fear not you will get your money back from Paypal: If the seller does not ship the item or if he ship the wrong item. I know this because I am also a seller on ebay and amazon.
Hi, can i buy directly from amazon without using a 3rd party ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service / 10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr / Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.