Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! (45013 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by 0rion: 2:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

Thank you for the compliment, that shows your maturity level and also your heritage.

Grow some nuts, abide by the rules and business will take you seriously.

The fact that I get paid immediately means eBay considers me a worthy partner and you, well they jerk you around lol

You lack simple comprehension. Do you want to tell me that u started getting your funds realeased to on your first sale?

This is copy and paste from ebay for you

While you establish your selling track record, buyer payments may be delayed. These funds will generally be available once:
It's been 90 days or less from your first sale on eBay.co.uk
You've had 25 or fewer sales on eBay.co.uk
You've had £165 or less in total sales since your first sale on eBay.co.uk

Here are a few other reasons why your payments may be delayed:
You have a Below Standard rating in your Seller Dashboard.
You've started selling in a new category.
Your account shows unusual activity, such as a sudden increase of eBay Money Back Guarantee cases.
You need to add tracking information to My eBay or to an eBay Money Back Guarantee case.

You can see the status of your funds in My eBay and find out what you can do to get your funds more quickly by clicking the button at the bottom of this message.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by NoContract(m): 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Day11: It happens everyday, all you need is to show them proof that you are the mother of the account.

Ebay is more secured than any online market.

Wait till the said DATE, if you didnt receive you items. Paypal will refund you back in 2 days. sad

Secured, my assole

Maybe you live under a rock but eBay suffered a massive cyber attack this February and millions of credit card and bank account details of eBay users were stolen and resold to the online black market. Google is your friend.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
0rion:

You lack simple comprehension. Do you want to tell me that u started getting your funds realeased to on your first sale?

This is copy and paste from ebay for you

While you establish your selling track record, buyer payments may be delayed. These funds will generally be available once:
It's been 90 days or less from your first sale on eBay.co.uk
You've had 25 or fewer sales on eBay.co.uk
You've had £165 or less in total sales since your first sale on eBay.co.uk

Here are a few other reasons why your payments may be delayed:
You have a Below Standard rating in your Seller Dashboard.
You've started selling in a new category.
Your account shows unusual activity, such as a sudden increase of eBay Money Back Guarantee cases.
You need to add tracking information to My eBay or to an eBay Money Back Guarantee case.

You can see the status of your funds in My eBay and find out what you can do to get your funds more quickly by clicking the button at the bottom of this message.

You lack even the most basic of ability to comprehend stuff, not sure if it's intentional or you're just educationally lazy.

I did get funds released immediately from my first sale. This is something you're going to have to deal with. Not everyone is cursed with being treated like a red headed stepchild.

Unlike you I am not an eBay JJC look at the date when I opened my personal account. Have you considered maybe perhaps they might have changed their policies in your region (hint I don't use pounds in my region) due to all your Yahoo Yahoo, spoofed IP, activities?

There's no way I would have sold a car on eBay and accepted the simple rule you listed.

Consider this, even the clipping you submitted used the word "may", go to a dictionary. May means that it may not apply to everyone. If you give eBay an avenue to chargeback like several credit cards and bank account then they would not hold your funds.

Keep on arguing instead of learning.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
spikesC:

No they can't ship directly to Nigeria. You'll have to use a freight forwarder
that's terrible.... Am running out of options here
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by spikesC(m): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION: that's terrible.... Am running out of options here

how's that terrible, it would only cost you between 8k to 15k for shipping depending on the shipping company.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by 0rion: 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

You lack even the most basic of ability to comprehend stuff, not sure if it's intentional or you're just educationally lazy.

I did get funds released immediately from my first sale. This is something you're going to have to deal with. Not everyone is cursed with being treated like a red headed stepchild.

Unlike you I am not an eBay JJC look at the date when I opened my personal account. Have you considered maybe perhaps they might have changed their policies in your region (hint I don't use pounds in my region) due to all your Yahoo Yahoo, spoofed IP, activities?

There's no way I would have sold a car on eBay and accepted the simple rule you listed.

Consider this, even the clipping you submitted used the word "may", go to a dictionary. May means that it may not apply to everyone. If you give eBay an avenue to chargeback like several credit cards and bank account then they would not hold your funds.

Keep on arguing instead of learning.

OLODO. WE ARE TALKING ABT 2014 NOT 2002
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Goldenboy007(m): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

That's absolutely not how PayPal works. What you described is an escrow service and PayPal is not an escrow service.

At best eBay/PayPal can charge your account.

Why do people just argue without confirming their facts?

How PayPal Works.

As an online financial transaction broker, PayPal lets people send money to each other's email addresses. At no time will either party see the other's credit card or bank information.

Similar to an escrow service, PayPal acts as the middleman holder of money. Through its policies, practices, and business integrity, PayPal has earned the trust of both parties. With multiple guarantees in place, buyers and sellers entrust PayPal with their credit card and bank information. PayPal keeps that private customer information secret. Then, while "blinded" from the other party's confidential information, strangers safely send money to each other through PayPal and email.

PayPal Requirements

You need no special technology nor a business license to send/receive money through Paypal. The only requirements are:

a valid email address.
a valid credit card or bank account.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
Goldenboy007:

How PayPal Works.

As an online financial transaction broker, PayPal lets people send money to each other's email addresses. At no time will either party see the other's credit card or bank information.

Similar to an escrow service, PayPal acts as the middleman holder of money. Through its policies, practices, and business integrity, PayPal has earned the trust of both parties. With multiple guarantees in place, buyers and sellers entrust PayPal with their credit card and bank information. PayPal keeps that private customer information secret. Then, while "blinded" from the other party's confidential information, strangers safely send money to each other through PayPal and email.

PayPal Requirements

You need no special technology nor a business license to send/receive money through Paypal. The only requirements are:

a valid email address.

Dont mind that CityNG guy. He has been typing rubbish since and acting ITK.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
0rion:

OLODO. WE ARE TALKING ABT 2014 NOT 2002

Are you getting upset? grin

Cursing and shouting in caps.

Relax before popping off a blood vessel dude.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

Dont mind that CityNG guy. He has been typing rubbish since and acting to know.

Buy you will mind though.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
Goldenboy007:

How PayPal Works.

PayPal Requirements

a valid email address.

I guess some of you guys lack critical thinking.

My PayPal the way they treat me is not like an escrow service in the terms of holding money until goods are cleared.

Yes they whitelist financial information of course but they don't hold my money. Perhaps they hold yours. There's been at least 3 other people who have validated that they don't hold there money.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2014
spikesC:

how's that terrible, it would only cost you between 8k to 15k for shipping depending on the shipping company.
so which shipping coy do u use??
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Goldenboy007(m): 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

My PayPal the way they treat me is not like an escrow service in the terms of holding money until goods are cleared.

Yes they whitelist financial information of course but they don't hold my money. Perhaps they hold yours. There's been at least 3 other people who have validated that they don't hold there money.

A wise man once said "If you argue with an ............., he would bring you down to his level and beat you with experience" - Young man what are you talking about? you are just arguing back and forth dancing around contradicting points. If you are not too sure about the process then admit it, stop playing on people's intelligence! what is wrong with us Nigerians!!!!!!! holy C !!!!!
I have dealt with eBay and Amazon severally and I am telling you what they told me when I had issues with them. I confirmed to a user earlier that they have exceptions to those rules, so what the heck are you still arguing about? This is why sometimes I just read on Nairaland and keep my opinion to myself because of some bunch of kids using laptops.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

See you are typing rubbish again and insulting people. PayPal can hold any money. i made a payment thru my paypal of over £1000 which was supposed to get to the receiver immediately. the receiver notified me that he hasnt received the payment. I asked him to wait till next day.

After like 2hrs paypal called me to ask if im aware of the fund leaving my account and i said yes that is going to Mr XYZ and they release the fund immediatly for the guy.

so stop saying paypal cant hold your money and you claimed that you hv over 10000 transactions.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Goldenboy007:

A wise man once said "If you argue with an idiot, he would bring you down to his level and beat you with experience" - Young man what are you talking about? you are just arguing back and forth dancing around contradicting points. If you are not too sure about the process then admit it, stop playing on people's intelligence! what is wrong with us Nigerians!!!!!!! holy C !!!!!
I have dealt with eBay and Amazon severally and I am telling you what they told me when I had issues with them. I confirmed to a user earlier that they have exceptions to those rules, so what the heck are you still arguing about? This is why sometimes I just read on Nairaland and keep my opinion to myself because of some bunch of kids using laptops.

Eeya pele.

No wonder you keep failing as a seller. This yah complex/ego na wa o. lol

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
Goldenboy007:

A wise man once said "If you argue with an idiot, he would bring you down to his level and beat you with experience" - Young man what are you talking about? you are just arguing back and forth dancing around contradicting points. If you are not too sure about the process then admit it, stop playing on people's intelligence! what is wrong with us Nigerians!!!!!!! holy C !!!!!

This kid has been saying nonsense since and he claimed that he has over 10000 positive feedback on ebay. all his comments and claims doesnt add up

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

See you are typing rubbish again and insulting people. PayPal can hold any money. i made a payment thru my paypal of over £1000 which was supposed to get to the receiver immediately. the receiver notified me that he hasnt received the payment. I asked him to wait till next day.

After like 2hrs paypal called me to ask if im aware of the fund leaving my account and i said yes that is going to Mr XYZ and they release the fund immediatly for the guy.

so stop saying paypal cant hold your money and you claimed that you hv over 10000 transactions.

Of course with all your admitted negative feedback eBay can't trust.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

Of course with all your admitted negative feedback eBay can't trust.

we are talking of paypal not ebay ok. making personal payments with paypal has nothing to do with ebay feedbacks. you see how dumb u r

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

This kid has been saying nonsense since and he claimed that he has over 10000 positive feedback on ebay. all his comments and claims doesnt add up

I posted my eBay credentials, I dare you to post yours. I bet you won't lol

Glad to be an eBay verified kid as opposed to eBay sanctioned geriatric. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

we are talking of paypal not ebay ok. making personal payments with paypal has nothing to do with ebay feedbacks. you see how dump u r

Dump? Lol

eBay is paypal.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by donem: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
solace8: I hope u come out of this Shit smelling Of Roses Bro.. I just activated my pay pal, and was abt making purchase wen I jt saw dis Thread.
Bro if u reside in Nigeria, my advise to you is since uv'e seen caution better apply brake.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

Dump? Lol

eBay is paypal.

yeah ebay owns paypal but sending money thru payal has nothing to do with ebay. mumu

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by texaco1: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
So been a good ebay seller with good ratings and having good knowledge of paypal and ebay processing is now considered an olympic medal worth fighting for and arguing about? Na wa oo if someone claims that ebay and paypal treats him or her differently ,fine,why should u ppl be arguing about that? Abi u steal each other customer?
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by 0rion: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

Are you getting upset? grin

Cursing and shouting in caps.

Relax before popping off a blood vessel dude.

i can tell that ur brain is that of a cockroach. insulting people to make a point. OLODO

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
I bought something on Ebay and paid via paypal and didnt leave a feedback for the seller. The seller sent me a mail saying Please can you leave a feedback for me. that paypal are withholding her funds because shes a new seller that the sooner I leave a feedback the sooner she gets access to her fund.

Its clearly written on paypal website that:

Funds availability details
When some sellers receive payments, we may hold the money in their pending balance for up to 21 days. We want to make sure that there are no problems with the orders, such as disputes, claims, returns, or chargebacks. After we determine that the order was fulfilled and the customer is satisfied, we may release the money earlier.
If we place your money in a pending balance, it belongs to you but isn't immediately available to spend or withdraw.

We'll let you know if payments on your account are held. We'll also let you know what steps you can take to have your money released earlier. If your PayPal account was already limited, you'll need to lift those limits before you complete the steps to release your payments.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/paypal-funds-availability
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
based on what you have stated,you do have a case but also understand that Nigeria is a totally new ground for them and coupled with the reputation Nigeria has when it comes to cyber-crime(like it or not,they have a right to shape their policies based what protects them most and also,they ave to protect all users of eBay) it will take them time to come around to being lenient on transactions involving Nigerian based customers.

Based on what you have said also,your money will be refunded which is way better than what most businesses do in Nigeria and that include banks who withdraw from your account and it basically takes you forever to get it resolved(if it gets resolved)

The seller has more than 1 of those phones for sale hence he had another one up there immediately,I have been running my ebay account for 8 years and I do sell and buy on there so I think I know what I am saying
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by pickabeau1: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
CityNG:

I am in the USA, I love Craigslist. I make a good amount of money on Craigslist.

As in anything you have to be cognizance of your environment. People get taken on Amazon and eBay all the time.

Cool posts
Please can you explain the amazon part (Taken)
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by mrrock: 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
You made the right decision by opening a dispute on paypal. All you have to do is wait for paypal to either force the seller ship you the item or refund your money. But, all this still don't guaranty anything unless the seller himself is legit.
You may also go to your bank to see whether you can cancel the transaction from the source, but paypal may ban you from using their site, if you don't do it right even if you get the refund directly from the bank.
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by pickabeau1: 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
madmanmega: Always stick to debit cards. With debit cards you can ask your bank to initiate a charge back and even thought it might take some time, like 3 months. You will get your money back. Bought a DSLR camera on amazon for some 2k plus dollars and the seller shipped empty water bottles. We filed to amazon and they said since we shipped our item to a freight forwarder (MyUs) there was nothing they could do since that was against their TOS. We went to zenith bank, collected charge back form filled it and forgot about it and some 3 months letter received alert for full refund.

Interesting pointers
Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by drakeskull(m): 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
I just got a mail from PayPal following the dispute I opened. In the mail, they said the payment has been reversed and that I should check the status in my PayPal dashboard. I checked now and the status is showing "reversed" with a note that the seller has reversed the payment. Even though it hasn't reflected on my PayPal balance nor my Gtb acct details.

Am guessing it could take time to reflect. Will keep following it up and update the thread as soon as it reflects.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by babseg(m): 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2014
drakeskull: I just got a mail from PayPal following the dispute I opened. In the mail, they said the payment has been reversed and that I should check the status in my PayPal dashboard. I checked now and the status is showing "reversed" with a note that the seller has reversed the payment. Even though it hasn't reflected on my PayPal balance nor my Gtb acct details.

Am guessing it could take time to reflect. Will keep following it up and update the thread as soon as it reflects.

thats good news

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
babseg:

yeah ebay owns paypal but sending money thru payal has nothing to do with ebay. mumu

Thank you for the compliment.

Sending money through PayPal to pay for eBay purchase has to do with both.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

10 ‘Big Boys’ Hold Economy To Ransom, Owe AMCON N1tr / My Experience Using Gtbank *737* Transfer Service / Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.