Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

The Second Niger Bridge - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Second Niger Bridge (35165 Views)

The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike / ‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / Update On The Onitsha Second Niger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by asha80(m): 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2014
MaziOmenuko: @chino, these are old pix you posted few months back. I was thrilled when the pix suggested the level of ongoing work and expected concrete results after that; but none came up! All we heard was existing bottlenecks as a result of no Environmental Impact Assessment. An EIA that can be done accurately by 4th year students of Faculty of Environmental Sciences at Unizik and submitted within 2 weeks!

I passed that bridge 2 days back and still couldn't locate the new site for the bridge. Maybe its way off the present bridge like you suggested; all the same, I'll be looking forward to the new pix you promised.

Tag me when you do so.

Thanks.
truth of the matter you probably cannot see the 2nd niger bridge if you are standing on the present one unless you can see a km off....the bridge is an onitsha bye pass so the bridge is not in onitsha proper

1 Like

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by misterjosh(m): 2:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
Sincere9gerian: The wishful thinking of ENEMIES OF PROGRESS is that the Second Niger Bridge will not see the light of the day. But sorry to disappoint them, work is going on as scheduled.
Where if I may ask...

1 Like

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
misterjosh: Where if I may ask...
Prepare to vote for GEJ, and stop raising dust for nothing here.
Re: The Second Niger Bridge by wordcat(m): 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2014
Sincere9gerian: The wishful thinking of ENEMIES OF PROGRESS is that the Second Niger Bridge will not see the light of the day. But sorry to disappoint them, work is going on as scheduled.

Yes, i heard that they wil bring it frm China in January 2015 for testing then return it to China immediately after election for finishing and touching

7 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by collynzo2(m): 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
Eyepencil: Am currently in onitsha head bridge now and work is going on dia, infact dia was traffic at the head bridge nt more than 1hr ago, and the traffic was caused by julio berger workers who are transporting equipment and materials to the site. I don't know why u guys keep bringing up useless argument on dis forum. Mad fellas
If you don't have a camera phone, borrow from someone.

7 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by CharlieMaria(m): 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
My back yard.
Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2014
Why recharge extra money to make [size=40pt] CALLS [/size] when you can actually make [size=40pt] FREE CALLS [/size] with your bis subscription...click my signature to learn how to make calls with your [size=40pt] DATA [/size] instead of your recharge.

Second Niger bridge is located in [size=40pt] ONITSHA [/size]
Re: The Second Niger Bridge by tranxo(m): 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
ChinoElects: Bloody civilians are still here crying while we are sharing the national cake and bread! cheesy

I was the one that took the pix below 2months ago. Well because of this noise here, I will be going to Onitsha tomorrow and then proceed straight to the site to capture the present state of work at the site, Onitsha is less than 25mins drive from Awka here. If you do not visit the site there is no way you will stand in Onitsha and see the ongoing work. JB office/plant is located at the Onitsha Headbridge zone. The last I was there serious work was ongoing at the site. By dawn tomorrow we shall have updated pix. GOD WILLING.

As a photojournalist, you went to the site and took only ONE picture? Chai!
Please as you go again tomorrow, take MANY pictures ooo, including the project/client/contractor signboards. NO STORY ooo.

4 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by kabba7(m): 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ozioma49: I for one wouldn't vote in president jonathan soley for not starting the project he promised the easterners....he has failed the entire eastern region

But Jonathan is their beloved son in whom they are well pleased,
they just love him like dog meat .

4 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Eyepencil: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
collynzo2:
If you don't have a camera phone, borrow from someone.
snap wetin? I dey craze? Mr man i dey find money for where i dey. I no get time to dey argue rubbish with sm yoloobar Igbos. If dey no wan believe make them support dia papa for next presidential election. Una get time

12 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ozioma49:
I for one wouldn't vote in president jonathan soley for not starting the project he promised the easterners....he has failed the entire eastern region
If you dont vote GEJ, many other millions will vote for him. And you will continue whining in your village.

8 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Scout60(m): 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
Mynd44:
The usual diversionary shots. Where the heck is the bridge? Simple question?

Una dey build am for dream
grincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesy
Guy do u think that anti gej will allow such lie. It should have surfaced online if there is no construction going asap. I live at onitsha, I passed that place four times. I will tell work is going on. Are you a kid, how do you think that a national project commisioned by president will just die like that. Why havnt the like of buhari say anthing if the construction is not going on.
TAKE IT OR LEAVE YOU ARE AN UNDER AGE.

11 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
I guess jona will be off to ask for another loan to complete the bridge
Re: The Second Niger Bridge by misterjosh(m): 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
ChinoElects: Like as I said I do not like wasting time on long grammar! Forget about the article I posted, is just a supporting write-up.

I am asking you again, are you saying that the pix I personally took is photo-shopped?

sowie oo I was just wondering, were u able to snap just 1 pix there?

2 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by bbello28(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
042BADDESTGUY: FG upgrade Enugu airport to international airport some people show their hate... Now 2nd niger bridge, forget all this propaganda. It makes me laugh when some that haven't being to onitsha sit in their home talking rubbish. For your information if u want to know whether work is going on or not. Just take bike from onitsha head bridge to the construction site to see for your self it will only cost you N50. Please just stop this hate!!!! Let build our nation.God bless nigeria
grin bro u make sense die grin goodluck wants to work... He's just surrounded by agents of confusion.... Our prayers are with him.... 1 9ja...
Re: The Second Niger Bridge by collynzo2(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
Eyepencil: snap wetin? I dey craze? Mr man i dey find money for where i dey. I no get time to dey argue rubbish with sm yoloobar Igbos. If dey no wan believe make them support dia papa for next presidential election. Una get time
You shouldn't have bothered commenting on the thread at all then..

4 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by atlwireles: 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2014
Biggest problem in this country sometimes, are people refusing to travel around this country, they call home. Before you come online and make so much noise about a major project like the second Niger bridge, try and see for yourself. Those of you living in lagos will spend less than 7 hrs to reach Asaba. Verify, then comment with facts and confidence on a thread like this.

8 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by kaboninc(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
I may not have travelled to Benin Republic which is the closest Country or Cameroon or Niger or even Mali to get a glimpse of how politics is played. But based on my understand and knowledge of governance and politics in developing and developed countries, especially countries with a genuine collective will to be truly democratic, I can say ours is a direct opposite. This is one country where in order to score very cheap points, all you just have to do is spread FALSE rumours. And with the gullibility of the citizens, because of their illiteracy they buy this sour good and help in spreading the virus. How can one stay in Lagos and claim that he knows ALL that happens in Onitsha? Even with their wicked intentions, they'll come here and say nothing is going on along the Lagos-Ibadan road or East-West road or the rails. If you're in doubt make concrete effort to clear your doubt. If you must verify if the second Niger Bridge is being constructed, take a trip to Onitsha. Spend 2 days and confirm for yourself. On a side note, I've lived in Lagos before the Fourth Mainland bridge was promised. Its 15 years now and am waiting for that bridge. Also I was aware of the reconstruction of the Lagos-Badagry road and construction of the Lagos Blue Line. Project was for 4 years but its 6 years and it seems it might take 8 more years. Oh least I forgot that largely publicised monorail in Port Harcourt which is a distance of say Orile to Mile 2 is taking almost 8 years to construct. These are the questions Mynd44 should be asking!

14 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
ANAMBRA11: After all diz ranting
1.Fayemi is a looser

2.Nyako is a looser

3.Ngige is a looser

4.Almakura is an upcoming looser

5.Gej is winning

6.APC re crying
U guys should better crash nairaland after the osun elections because we would not allow u rest

and Nigerian will keep suffering.

Boko haram will keep bombing.

Corruption wil keep increasing.

Quality Education will become a dream.

Naija we never see anything yet till this clueless win in 2015 again.

6 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by victord1st: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
Eyepencil: Am currently in onitsha head bridge now and work is going on dia, infact dia was traffic at the head bridge nt more than 1hr ago, and the traffic was caused by julio berger workers who are transporting equipment and materials to the site. I don't know why u guys keep bringing up useless argument on dis forum. Mad fellas

Oga stop blabbing and show us "pishaw".when has it become so difficult to take a shot with ur phone and post here for all to see.#silencethethomases .

2 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by SORTER: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
OACKLAND:
wats wrong in knowing where d bridge is? abi no b we go use d bridge?
cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesy
Re: The Second Niger Bridge by adetonaz(m): 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
I don't see Nigeria getting better with this our behavior if we can't unite on a forum how can we unite to achieve our goal as a country. What's the progress on the bridge that will benefit us all ? Now we've turn it to tribal and political e conflict. Let's try and fight for one goal(making Nigeria better) those people are making mockery of our intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
ANAMBRA11:

After all diz ranting

1.Fayemi is a looser (looser cum laude)

2.Nyako is a looser (magna cum looser)

3.Ngige is a looser (still sleeping)

4.Almakura is an upcoming looser (boko cannot save this one)

5.Gej is winning (OGA PATA PATA)

6.APC re crying (Crying like Buhari their patron)

U guys should better crash nairaland after the osun elections because we would not allow u rest

^ Ok o

2 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
With the several eyewitness confirmation of ongoing works on the Second Niger Bridge, Mynd44 and other Tinubu e-warriors can now bow their heads in SHAME.

Shame on you Mynd44!

5 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Amhappy(f): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
Am glad to see that work has really started on 2nd niger bridge.

4 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
Eyepencil: yolobars are the most stupid creature on dis earth. Ofem'manu bastards

E pain am

4 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by portside(m): 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2014
Something is wrong with this thread why not find out on ur own before posting a thread so untrue,if had wanted to know,then ur topic would've been deferent.now gullible minds starts feasting on this post to discredit of those that mean well for the project,
finally for ur education there is work seriously going on,both at the riverside and on land

6 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2014
Ofe nmanus displaying irrationality since the days of Awolowo

4 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by etebefia: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
Mynd44: The same place the Fourth Mainland bridge is.....wait, no one awarded contract for the fourth mainland bride neither did they do "ground breaking ceremony".
cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrin

Talk about comedy of errors.

is this person a moderator on NAIRALAND?

6 Likes

Re: The Second Niger Bridge by UrbanMystique: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2014
Sincere9gerian: With the several eyewitness confirmation of ongoing works on the Second Niger Bridge, Mynd44 and other Tinubu e-warriors can now bow their heads in SHAME
how come no one has brought any picture to prove the ongoing construction? ... I checked all the pages hoping to see new pictures but Chino kept repeating same old pictures he took god knows when.
Chino of all people that goes all the way from his cave somewhere in the east to snap several pictures of brown roofs in ibadan and oshogbo can not provide us with new pictures of construction going right under his nose but had to rely on eye witnesses, when we know you pdp paid scums have multiple IDs and can also be the eye witness anytime.

In fact I have a picture of gej building castle in my room and I have eye witness to prove it. Mtcheww

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

I Was ‘extremely Rich’ Before Becoming Kwara Gov – Saraki / NSA Ribadu, Service Chiefs Arrive Aso Rock, To Meet President Tinubu / Phyno Performs At Obiano's Re-Election Flag-Off In Awka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.