Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha (44604 Views)

Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics / The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
uploading just the same road? and paying the the mods to move it to home page is sickening.

come to lagos, over 200 major roads has been re-configured and some works are still going on.
We know fashola MAY be stealing us blind but who cares as long at he is doing something tangible with our common wealth.

Did you see the newly launched cardiac and renal center?
Since it appears Fashola isn't interested in continuing, i'll move my tent over to PDP with Jimi Agbaje, thats at the gubernatorial level
i'll cross my fingers till i see their presidential candidates.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
I will still advise we invest in quality roads. This is an era of alternative routes and not patch and repair. Oga Chino relate this to your god.
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by ceejay675(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
lolz...very funi......you came to onitsha snaped upper iweka fly over and concluded that onitsha make sense..........i have bin living in onitsha for 25yrs now n i can tell u dat am satisfied wiv the security setting but for road, am not......the picture u took is not really onitsha....is just onitsha flyover bridge....i have to admit that the governor is trying but is stil not good enuf....i did my nysc in calabar, dat evironment is d definition of a beautiful city, evri road is tiled even inside d street but we in onitsha cant boost of gud roads inside onitsha, our drainage system is vry bad infact d structure planing is very bad......have u bin to AWKA the capital of d state? u wil b so disapntd if u pass tru eke awka wen is raining.....y cant anambra state roads or structures b like dat of Enugu state? u hardly see sand on the roads in Enugu........plz dnt conclude dat onitsha is gud becos u saw a newly constructed express way, u nid to go inside onitsha......but seriously the governor is trying, if he continues wiv wat hes doin now we wil see a beta anambra

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by IGBOSON1: 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
rozayx5: nice trees on the road side will make them lookbetter
like in Akwa Ibom

^^^I keep on harping on about this tree thingy, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears! Ever since they started tidying up Upper Iweka about two years ago, why haven't they planted trees in the area....and better tended to those open green spaces with flowers, trimmed hedges, and immaculate lawns?

Also, they should plant well spaced out ornamental trees on major roads in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi.....kinda like we see in the pic of Uyo you just posted!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Atmmachine(m): 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
somcherry:
Same

what village
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by HandOfChukwu: 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
Everyone knows IGBOS are the PRIDE of Nigeria it is well documented.
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Awoofawo:

gringringringringringringrin Se Onithsá market be their HQ cool

Yes nao. Them slap one babe there collect her handbag, d babe no gree hear again for some days oo.

Them flash my guy gun, the bobo empty him wallet sharperly grin grin. Guy, I see plenty things when i serve for that place oo. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Lanceslot(m): 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Akshow: U still haven't debunk the hearsay: Anambra get flyover tongue
mr man a flight ticket from abj to east is not upto 30k or if you're too poor to take a flight you can go by road, with just 5k from abj to Onitsha, go check it out by yourself and come testify to your pple.... Ga giri anya gi gbara onwe gi christmas.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Akshow: 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lanceslot: mr man a flight ticket from abj to east is not upto 30k or if you're too poor to take a flight you can go by road, with just 5k from abj to Onitsha, go check it out by yourself and come testify to your pple.... Ga giri anya gi gbara onwe gi christmas.
touchy touchy..... Hehehehehehehhehe
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Omimah: Onitsha is a no man's land, formed by a Bini man. The Obi of Onitsh is originally Bini.
you are totally correct. the founder of onitsha was a benin prince called "OHIME". later corrupted by the igbos into "CHIMA". Even Nnamdi azikwe, he is from onitsha royal family, he said that his ancestor, prince chima comes from benin royal family. and there is also igala people that comes from onitsha. onitsha is owned by three tribes. the bini(the immigrants from benin kingdom and royal family members of benin), the igala people, and the igbo people. ASK GOOGLE FOR MORE INFORMATION.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by dannewlife(m): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
You have not seen anything yet. If you come to Head bridge you will mistake it for ABUJA
Willy is working !
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Iko5000: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
ak47mann: Nwanne onicha in fact anambra state is one of the most richest and developing state in nigeria/west africa a state blessed with 3 major cities with over 1.5 million each cool

@most richest and developing state in nigeria - mate I hope your joking as I'm from State and I find you statement highly false, Unless you have never lived outside Anambra in your life so you dont know what Development is .

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by olatinpo(m): 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=1stdeolaw]
I served with 2013 batch B @ Onitsha,
Dey make sense bt dia love for money is too much. Igbo people stole my Confirm Laptop there inside school lodge wen I went for this their Obiano governorship election @ Nando.
Igbo @ Onitsha, una no try for me oooo
Anyway.... Daa'lu ooo, ONE NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Mmadu111: 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
Akshow: U still haven't debunk the hearsay: Anambra get flyover tongue
You're a beautiful F.O.O.L to ask S.TU.PID question, travel down to Anambra and see things your self. The point is dt Anambrarians dont make too much Noise take it or slump in your soaker pit.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
Akpobaro: you are totally correct. the founder of onitsha was a benin prince called "OHIME". later corrupted by the igbos into "CHIMA". Even Nnamdi azikwe, he is from onitsha royal family, he said that his ancestor, prince chima comes from benin royal family. and there is also igala people that comes from onitsha. onitsha is owned by three tribes. the bini(the immigrants from benin kingdom and royal family members of benin), the igala people, and the igbo people. ASK GOOGLE FOR MORE INFORMATION.

This type of ignorance is unforgivable!
So,from "Eze Chime" to "ohime" and I wanna know where you dumfuck pulled that from.
If you are relying on Google to tell about peoples history then you are not very smart.
Lets agree that Umuezechima migrated from Bini but does that make them Bini people?
You aren't very smart because if you are you should know that Onitsha people never spoke Bini language. They have always spoken Igbo like their brothers in Anioma. Go to Onicha Olona, Onicha Ugbo and Onicha Ukwu and see if they speak Bini because they are just a stone throw from Bini city. Just because somebody once lived in a place doesn't mean they aren't different from the other inhabitants. Bini has no history of Ezechima!

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Omimah: 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Akpobaro: you are totally correct. the founder of onitsha was a benin prince called "OHIME". later corrupted by the igbos into "CHIMA". Even Nnamdi azikwe, he is from onitsha royal family, he said that his ancestor, prince chima comes from benin royal family. and there is also igala people that comes from onitsha. onitsha is owned by three tribes. the bini(the immigrants from benin kingdom and royal family members of benin), the igala people, and the igbo people. ASK GOOGLE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Thank you.
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=olatinpo][/quote]

So,Igbo people got together,planned I stole your billion dollar wallet from you?
I don't even know what to tell you....this is disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by ak47mann(m): 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

So,from "Eze Chime" to "ohime" and I wanna know where you dumfuck pulled that from.
If you are relying on Google to tell about peoples history then you are not very smart.
Lets agree that Umuezechima migrated from Bini but does that make them Bini people?
You aren't very smart because if you are you should know that Onitsha people never spoke Bini language. They have always spoken Igbo like their brothers in Anioma. Go to Onicha Olona, Onicha Ugbo and Onicha Ukwu and see if they speak Bini because they are just a stone throw from Bini city. Just because somebody once lived in a place doesn't mean they aren't different from the other inhabitants. Bini has no history of Ezechima!
Abagworo is an idiiotaa cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by barthchuks(m): 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
I still wonder what some people view as development! How can xomeone compare Onitsha with AkwaIbom? Do you know how many People Onitsha has turned to millionaires, with better and affordable hospitality. Imagine owning a well furnished 3 bedroom flat with just N150k /annum.
Abeg who get sugar? This soup neva get delicious taste

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by agabaI23(m): 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
I don't know about rural roads in Akwa Ibom but to my knowledge, no state in Nigeria has the kind of road network Anambra has. You can get to any town in Anambra from one starting point through many different roads. Ngige, Obi....

I can argue this with anyone.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by shaboti: 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
HandOfChukwu: Everyone knows IGBOS are the PRIDE of Nigeria it is well documented.
why are you writing these things when your not even an igbo, what is wrong with u people
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by atlwireles: 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
eaglechild: Anambra has the best rural road network in Nigeria.

Very correct, you have to drive in Anambra to appreciate this fact.
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by EzebubeEbube(m): 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
We may not be where we want to be,but thank God we are not where we use to be. Gov. Obiano is a man running with a vision that can not be polluted or contested. We'll get there. #AnambraAmaka

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by MadCow1: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
Akshow: I'm sorry I took u serious initially. My bad. U are obviously a kid with access to free mb on ur fone and want to rave and rant like a rabies infested mad dog. Enjoy ur day in ur blissful ignorance.

Hahahahahahahaaa.. grin

My Nigga.. You see why you should not eat Dog Meat.. grin It makes you tempramental like a Dog. grin

But its all good fam. Aint nobody hating on you, just saying y'all needs to chill the Fhuck out with your state. I am sure Obi and Obiano would have loved to have a state like Akwa Ibom to govern where there is absolutely nothing going on in. That way, if they build 1 road or a pedestrian bridge, its going to ba a big deal. grin

And on the 'kid with free MB' part of your post.. grin Boy that shiit was funny as fhuck. Nice one. grin
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by MadCow1: 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
snika:
Dude we are talking about the second most dense state in the worlds most populous black nation.

Have you ever been to Onitsha? Most importantly, how many people live in your village?

Have you gotten your bag painter of rice today?

WTF!!!

Is this nigga talking smack about Osha? angry

Nigga tell me your state of origin and I promise you its on. angry
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
EzebubeEbube: We may not be where we want to be,but thank God we are not where we use to be. Gov. Obiano is a man running with a vision that can not be polluted or contested. We'll get there. #AnambraAmaka

What road in Anambra is this?
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by shaboti: 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
rozayx5: nice trees on the road side will make them lookbetter
like in Akwa Ibom
your very right,i wish obiano could take a cue from akpabio becos he seems to have very aesthetic taste.. With tress and grasses u may not even need artificial beautifying structures

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

If you are relying on Google to tell about peoples history then you are not very smart.Lets agree that Umuezechima migrated from Bini but does that make them Bini people?You aren't very smart because if you are you should know that Onitsha people never spoke Bini language.They have always spoken Igbo like their brothers in Anioma.Go to Onicha Olona, Onicha Ugbo and Onicha Ukwu and see if they speak Bini because they are just a stone throw from Bini city.Just because somebody once lived in a place doesn't mean they aren't different from the other inhabitants. Bini has no history of Ezechima
the bini immigrants later adopted the igbo language and culture. because they were far from their real hometown. and they intermarried with the igbos. even the word 'IWEKA' comes from a benin king's name(EWEKA). onitsha royal family is part of benin Royals

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by MadCow1: 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
berem: no I don't! Please explain to me? undecided

Take this picture and go look at all the roads inside Imo State (both pre and post Rochas) and if you find one of this same quality, then I will personally come to Imo State to vote for Gov. Aji Amu Okorocha.
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by shaboti: 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chino should have been left to do this picture-taking job #chinoOnyeOseeFoto
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
EzebubeEbube: We may not be where we want to be,but thank God we are not where we use to be. Gov. Obiano is a man running with a vision that can not be polluted or contested. We'll get there. #AnambraAmaka

That's a quality road when it's finished with road marking.
Guy,which road is that?
Re: Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha by jtroy(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
Abi na say anambra people no school? Lol. .....Talk am as e be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Benson Uchenna Nwughala Nigerian In Italy Killed By Train While Wearing Earpiece / Salo Roseline Tamarabrakemi Dies In Accident In Port-Harcourt / Stop Coming To Malaysia For Greener Pasture: A Word Is Enough For The Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.