Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) (32590 Views)

Port Harcourt Mono Rail Test Run / Port Harcourt Mono-rail Updates / BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
Was the photo really taken in PH?

If so, I bow to Amaechi.
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by talktimi(m): 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
GenBuhari: Was the photo really taken in PH?

If so, I bow to Amaechi.
I would sincerely advice you not to waste your bow over this particular monorail contraption. At least until you physically see the perfidy being celebrated.
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by shota(m): 3:16am On Sep 18, 2014
Abagworo:

Amaechi has tried in the Bodo-Opobo road. Opobo people will drive home this Xmass.

There is nothing like bodo Opobo road ? I think its Kono Opobo Andoni road..
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by MadCow1: 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
GenBuhari: Was the photo really taken in PH?

If so, I bow to Amaechi.

A Man of Foresight he is..

This is Amaechis greatest legacy for me.. Fhuck Airforce - Omerelu road.

1 Like

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by dblock(m): 5:18am On Sep 20, 2014
This webpage has an update on the monorail

http://www.blackborderbuild.com/property-blog
Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by coolscott(m): 6:21am On Sep 20, 2014
Jambsupport: wen will 9jerians appreciate progress sha? na wa o

You call this progress? =N=150 billion naira put into this thing that if you live in Port Harcourt, you wonder where the brains of the initiators where because this thing might not go past Isaac Boro Park from its starting point ( a distance which is just =N=50 by bus).

All the universities in Nigeria went on strike for months for about =N=100bn.

Now what really annoyed me about this project is that this ancient approach to monorail building was totally uncalled for.

1. It costs more to build than present day styles

2. It requires the destruction of other structures around for it to be erected. Modern styles require little or none of these.

So what is the logic in spending more money on something that you need to destroy citizens' structures for and which is currently outdated. It is this reason that makes us certain that this was a very foolish project because the question we ask ourselves is... will they destroy the mile one flyover for the monorail?

Of course they cannot. And if they cannot it means they may have to stop at the flyover having spent 150bn naira on 50naira of distance of travel.

If they had simply done chosen to build the kind of monorails currently obtainable, we will not be talking about this because modern day monorails can even mover through high rise areas almost totally eliminating the need to any existing structures.

I will attach below pictures of such monorails but what really, really annoyed me was that I was informed that the governor was shown these samples by a Nigerian in the US who was part of the building team for these kinds of monorails. So the right thing was pitched to him by a Nigerian with the skills and connections to facilitate the right decision, but the gov turned it down, see the clear differences. I realized that the super high costs associated with this currently failed monorail project must have been the attraction to the project.

Below are pictures of the kinds of monorails gov. Amaechi preferred not to go for

1 Like

Re: Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) by talktimi(m): 6:53am On Sep 20, 2014
coolscott:

You call this progress? =N=150 billion naira put into this thing that if you live in Port Harcourt, you wonder where the brains of the initiators where because this thing might not go past Isaac Boro Park from its starting point ( a distance which is just =N=50 by bus).

All the universities in Nigeria went on strike for months for about =N=100bn.

Now what really annoyed me about this project is that this ancient approach to monorail building was totally uncalled for.

1. It costs more to build than present day styles

2. It requires the destruction of other structures around for it to be erected. Modern styles require little or none of these.

So what is the logic in spending more money on something that you need to destroy citizens' structures for and which is currently outdated. It is this reason that makes us certain that this was a very foolish project because the question we ask ourselves is... will they destroy the mile one flyover for the monorail?

Of course they cannot. And if they cannot it means they may have to stop at the flyover having spent 150bn naira on 50naira of distance of travel.

If they had simply done chosen to build the kind of monorails currently obtainable, we will not be talking about this because modern day monorails can even mover through high rise areas almost totally eliminating the need to any existing structures.

I will attach below pictures of such monorails but what really, really annoyed me was that I was informed that the governor was shown these samples by a Nigerian in the US who was part of the building team for these kinds of monorails. So the right thing was pitched to him by a Nigerian with the skills and connections to facilitate the right decision, but the gov turned it down, see the clear differences. I realized that the super high costs associated with this currently failed monorail project must have been the attraction to the project.

Below are pictures of the kinds of monorails gov. Amaechi preferred not to go for
Mr man, they said we should shut up. Why are you stirring the hornets nest ?

Ps I'm not seeing any ugly beams/pillars in your monorail pictures abi Dem lost

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inconclusive Election: Tambuwal Rejects INEC's Decision, Heads To Court / Peter Obi Arrves Osun For Labor Party Presidential Campaign Rally / Senate Forced Into Emergency Closed-door Session As Ndume Stages Walkout Of Plen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.