Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45435 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 12:42am On Jul 27, 2014
ofenmanucom:

Ostrich! There is no how U'll ever be a spectator in this. Continue living in delusion... U don't seem to get a grasp of what we're saying here. From the look of things right now, it seems we're headed for a free-for-all showdown. No alliances, no conspiracies... All nations to their own devices!

When the tanks come, Ur Ostrich policy would fail U woefully and Ur precious fences would give way... Its inevitable.... And the way I see it, U might have to contend with two different invading forces with different ideologies. One is expected from up north advancing from Illorin. The more ruthless of the duo would be forces advancing from the Land of the Rising Sun.

Lagos would be fight to finish... Armaggedon! Cos we're not going to allow the Jihadists dip their much anticipated Quran inside the Atlantic Ocean
Nna naa m aka. i ma ife ekwe na aku cheesy
The days of conspiracy theories are over. angry

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by spikesC(m): 12:44am On Jul 27, 2014
wickyyolo: The problem is that we don't learn from history. South sudan thought they'd be living good as soon they seperated. But now they can't sleep with their 2 eyes closed. Learn from history.

Can you tell us exactly why there is still problem in the South Sudan?
Is it just because of the separation or is there any other thing going on?

Can all people in Nigeria sleep with their 2 eyes closed?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by tess22: 12:45am On Jul 27, 2014
Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were raped and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-rape your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!

10 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 12:46am On Jul 27, 2014
EasternLeopard: OPC to the rescue
Those cowards grin cheesy
They will all run to Benin Republic cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 12:46am On Jul 27, 2014
No pain no gain.

Every single 1st world country wen through this.

Sometimes you have to prove to the enemies of progress that they've taken everything and you have nothing left except them.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 12:48am On Jul 27, 2014
jamace: Peace and war have been in existence from time imo river. Our ancestors fought to safeguard their kingdoms. History is rife with such stories. Therefore, whether we like it or not, nations will continue to experience both internal and external wars from time to time. The life of every nation is just like a man traversing landscapes, it will meet hills and valleys along the way. Hate it or like it, war comes after peace and vice versa. As it was in the beginning so shall it be world without end.

So if Nigeria becomes embroiled in war, it is nothing new, it is only fulfiling lives journey.

[size=28pt]Ghana has been proud of been in peace since the beginning of time. And there are some many great nations that have not experience war as well. People learn from the past, I think that Nigeria Civil war is enough lesson to learn from. The great heroes are the heroes of peace not hero of war, War will never bring good things to Nigeria. I love Nigeria and I'm very proud to be a Nigerian. We must remain united to be great nation, one day you will say that I said it. Nigeria will be great and best in the world in no distant time.[/size]

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by millionaireman: 12:48am On Jul 27, 2014
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why should odua states fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.
And what has Oduduwa been waiting for before doing the needful - declare Oduduwa Republc so as to end most of the hazzles of One Nigeria? Waiting for end of crude oil? Truth is that anyday Oduduwa Republic is proclaimed these days, core north shall quickly proclaim Arewa Republic, Igbos shall re-proclaim Biafra, the soutsourh people shall sort themselves out for a new country. So who is going to fight who and what for? Before and after Lord Lugard did the amalgamation, every group in Nigeria knows its boundaries with others.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by jpphilips(m): 12:52am On Jul 27, 2014
tinkinjow: There is no real beating of the drums of war in this Nigeria. What you may call war drummings are simply calls by regions to be allowed to take their affairs into their hands.
Those who are beating the real war drums are those opposed to these calls....and I think you know who they are

Are you one of them?
I hate it when I hear pips always trying to equate genuine agitation as call for war

As a person who study and learn from antecedents, the last agitation from the creek was the dire need to salvage the pollution in their beloved land, tell me, now that the FG is paying the agitators huge sums of money, who is cleaning up the creeks?

What fraction of the proceeds have been committed to environmental cause? Compensation to land owners? Build schools etc

lest I forget, the school ended up in Benin republic, when next you wish to choose an agitation, kindly choose one that doesnt insult my sensibilities.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by proudly233: 12:52am On Jul 27, 2014
Them need to shut down nairaland

Ogakpatakpata you have the go ahead, do the needful.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 27, 2014
I feel like crying anyday i read a post by nigerians craving 4 war
U will never live 2 see d end of d war
U cant protect ur love ones
U have nothing 2 benefit from war
U are just creating space 4 dem(politicians) to steal our money and run away living u 2 kill urselvs dey never cared abt u 4get it dat dey are yur tribe 0r religion.
didnt ojuku run away from nigeria(no harm intended)
u tink buhari or gej or other politicians are gonna join u on d battle field??
wise up my brothers UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
Quotes MARTINS LUTHER KINGS=is either we stand 2geda as brothers or we perish 2geda as fools.
LONG LIVE NIGERIA #TEAM PEACE &1NIGERIA
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Ndipe(m): 12:56am On Jul 27, 2014
No war, please.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by spikesC(m): 1:00am On Jul 27, 2014
millionaireman: And what has Oduduwa been waiting for before doing the needful - declare Oduduwa Republc so as to end most of the hazzles of One Nigeria? Waiting for end of crude oil? Truth is that anyday Oduduwa Republic is proclaimed these days, core north shall quickly proclaim Arewa Republic, Igbos shall re-proclaim Biafra, the soutsourh people shall sort themselves out for a new country. So who is going to fight who and what for? Before and after Lord Lugard did the amalgamation, every group in Nigeria knows its boundaries with others.

That is one thing they do not know. Nobody is going to fight any war grin
There will only be loss of distant properties.
Everybody is tired of this union. It is only the elites that benefit from it.

Immediately Oduduwa Republic is declared, Biafra will be claimed.
Arewa will have no choice other than declare an Islamic state.
The south south will lock down their oil.

My only grief is the killing that will happen in the north before non-muslims get to vacate embarassed

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:00am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: Nna naa m aka. i ma ife ekwe na aku cheesy
The days of conspiracy theories are over. angry

Nna adim sorry n'ebe ino. A chorom ka igoo hia.

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:01am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by chaberry(m): 1:02am On Jul 27, 2014
abu12:

Tell that ur brothers from the east who are bigots, quick to insult northern, insult islam, just because of politics. I just hate ur people
Mumu, u are still callin islam religion, i call it evil cult. Instead of wasting ur lyf hating the succes of Ndiigbo u should rather use that tym 2 pick a riffle to fight boko haram that are destroying nd killin ur people
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by kel4soft: 1:08am On Jul 27, 2014
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why should odua states fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.

Don't confuse resource control with division. Same way you guys ask for regional govt.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:08am On Jul 27, 2014
berem: Did that child die sucking his mother's bossom? Oh lord Jesus!

embarassed embarassed

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:09am On Jul 27, 2014
atlwireles: Is this not what we have now? Why not post pictures of the NE/NW/NC where boko haram is on a killing mission. The war is here already, your side of line has just not been bombed yet.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:10am On Jul 27, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Listen to yourself! How can you force someone to love someone else; especially when he's of the firm belief that the other person hates him back.....and he has the scars to prove it!?

In any case, this 'hatred' you allude to is a consequence or symptom of a dysfunctional society; a society where the rights and freedoms of a people (as enumerated in my previous post) are denied them! The 'hatred' is not a causal factor but a symptom of a much deeper problem!

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:11am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.

War is not pretty.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:12am On Jul 27, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

makes you want to pick up a rifle and shoot somebody. Doesn't it.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by SimplySEA(m): 1:12am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.
any challenge dialogue can not solve, can not be solved by war either. Because even after the the war, both parties still have to sit on that dialogue table. The diff by then would be heavy casualty and destruction from both sides....! #SayNoToWarAndYesToPeace.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 1stola: 1:13am On Jul 27, 2014
kabba7: For once Nigerians must begin to say the truth !
I have lived in the north for vry many years infact worked at the sultan palace for a litle over 2 years and outside the palace for more than 10 years and stay in lagos for equally many years now
Those on the war drums by action and verbal are the igbos hiding behind being 'booked' wanting to occupy and take over everywhere but there own place is 'no go' land as you either get robbed ,killed or get your investments destroyed and i am a direct victim .
When you stay in other peoples land and feel you can dictate to them on what to or not do you are only indirectly asking them to do thier worst a very good examply is the recent apointment of the Emir of Kano when every iboman think he or she can stampede the people on who should be the king of kano.
As long as you cant allow others in your domain but want to occupy other peoples place you will continue to have problems what you now refer to as war drumbs is not war drum but war whistle.,yesterdays post by ASARI DOKUBO on his twitter page that the attempt on Gen. Buhari is just part one is very relevant here if there must be war why not lets begin early enough it wont be the first time anyway .
YOU DONT BEAT WAR DRUMS WITH DRUMS BUT BY YOUR MOUTH AND ACTIONS TALK TO YOUR BROTHER , GROUND NO LEVEL AGAIN OH !!!
I agree with u.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:13am On Jul 27, 2014
aryzgreat:

What are u waiting for?

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:14am On Jul 27, 2014
In the history of mankind , only never do well are the ones angling for war.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:18am On Jul 27, 2014
tinkinjow: There is no real beating of the drums of war in this Nigeria. What you may call war drummings are simply calls by regions to be allowed to take their affairs into their hands.
Those who are beating the real war drums are those opposed to these calls....and I think you know who they are

Are you one of them?
I hate it when I hear pips always trying to equate genuine agitation as call for war

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:18am On Jul 27, 2014
docsholz: We make war so we may live in peace, I'd rather be at war than live in a state of Fear and when i say fear i don't mean bh, i mean d fear of ethnic cleansing( if tribal hate on this site is anything to go by)

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:19am On Jul 27, 2014
fr3do: I need new drumsticks, these ones are worn.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:19am On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=Kalvan]

Aren't people being killed though?! Stuwpid Yigbo.[/quote

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:21am On Jul 27, 2014
emiye: I think some people are oiling the wheels for a possible civil war via the social media, it is currently a cold war that can spontaneously lead to a real civil strife when least expected.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:22am On Jul 27, 2014
Ataime16: no

War is not pretty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Toyin Saraki Assembles Scientists To Reduce Coronavirus Spread / Fayose Storms Olubadan's Coronation In Native Style - Photos / Imo Governorship Election Results From Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.