Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now (70794 Views)

The Secrets And Riches In Storage Business / Hidden Profit In Egusi (melon) Business / Egusi (melon) Farming live from my ogbonge farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by waka2: 8:56am On Aug 16, 2014
pls is it shelled or not?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dellaziz(m): 10:50am On Aug 16, 2014
dav8id: grin grin thank God the guy said he make money from the business but its very riskygrin . Any risky in cash and carry ? You see the produce, your local agent tested it and confirm it if its well dry and good for storage .so what is the risky here.

@All i urge someone to just make a trip to that market and see money d flow..

uhm I would like to ask what are the economic benefits of sesame seeds is it used in producing oil or export. value or as a condiment 4 cooking

no vex say I b JJC

thanks. in advance
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by jahlove4jah: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2014
dasanchez1: happy new month oga boss.do update me when the maize ie the bag is ready. Its sold at N8,500 here in Enugu(warehouse o) though its the old one nw. I normally buy the one from Mangu local govt,Taraba state. My supplier at the warehouse told me that the new one will be out in mid October. So when the maize is out,do inform me so that i will knw if i wil strike d deal with u. Thank you
. I also buy from Enugu warehouse too.I sell at wholesale and resale in a village in Anambra. Contact via my signature if you wouldn't mind.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by jahlove4jah: 11:38am On Aug 16, 2014
dav8id: the following market are your targeting location of Egusi storage business..

1, Ashangba market,
2, Asakyo market,
3,Agyeragu market,
4,Mada station market,
5, B.A.D market.

The first three above are just few driving away from lafia town.

Note. This month of august is the best timing to make your buying as i just got an insight info that only few farmer farm egusi this due to the eithnic crises that befall the villages around lafia. Act now.
how much are they seeling egwusi now?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by kerriman: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
Fellow nairalander l planned to be in Agyeraku market yesterday but couldn't make it but my PA and my friend went to the market and they bought 32bags of size 32 for 23k to 24k for each bag and store it for 300naira each for as long as we want and have a written agreement with the storekeeper. The price keep going up.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
donigspain: Oga, siddon there dey spew jargon while I dust my shoes and off I zoom to Lafia. Ever wonder why most of our university lecturers are not super-rich? They dwell too much on theories while the smart illiterates take the bull by the horn.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dasanchez1(m): 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
jahlove4jah: . I also buy from Enugu warehouse too.I sell at wholesale and resale in a village in Anambra. Contact via my signature if you wouldn't mind.
thanks 4 ur concern. Am in long term relationship with d supplier. Thanks bro.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by smartn09(m): 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
Guy! Can I have your bbpin to know if l can invest small cash into this egwusi .
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by daemperor1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
dav8id:

I salute ur courage and also put u into consideration as more agro business idea will flow,though this time its not going to be openly but strickly on invitation and its free of charge.

So far so good 10th nairalander invested in the egusi business.

Though i haven't invested i can't but commend you on exposing ways of making money in Agriculture. Keep it up and more grease to your elbow.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
smartn09: Guy! Can I have your bbpin to if l can invest small cash into this egwusi .
Whatsapp 07037781319
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by daemperor1(m): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Onegai:

Actually, theories exist because they are right. Let me explain how the cost is passed down to you.
You hoard the goods and sit on it till demand exceeds supply. Then sell for an inflated price. While you are happily counting your profit, the buyer has to transport it to a market for consumption, to cover his cost of buying expensive from you, he and his driver inflate their own transport price and sell it to market woman at 200% more than what they buy from you. Market women then inflate and sell to a consumer for 300% inflation.
That is how 6 big oranges from Ondo state bought at N50 end up costing N400 in Lagos (my personal experience).

Problem is, the city consumes a lot of food but provides even more to the countryside. So because it becomes so expensive to live in the city, it costs even more to send products OUT of the city (petrol in Lagos is N97, the farther away from Lagos it is, it gets more expensive, upto N150, because the ports are in Lagos and they have to be transported). Same thing happens to other commodities like clothing and building materials, cars and anything you cannot buy in your village/town that must come from the city: those that live in an expensive city will not sell you their goods cheaply. So building a house in Ondo becomes more expensive and having a car in Ondo costs more (mr Biggs in Ondo town is more expensive than in Lagos because they add the fee of transporting their packaging to your food, same with mineral and beer in the east, a crate is more expensive than in Lagos). Inflation doesn't go away by itself, so inflation in Lagos will be transferred to you in Awka/Abeokuta/Lafia.

So your profit goes into buying expensive city items. The only reason your electricity bill in the village is not more expensive is due to government regulation. Even that trader buying from you has less money to spend in the trickle-back chain and if this year, he bought 10 bags, next year he will buy 8 bags, so he can maintain his profit. So you lose in the end.

There's a reason governments regulate the prices of stuff even when not in season. It's to ensure profiteering doesn't destroy the economy. And while you are there depending on your agent to sell to a one-man business, companies like Spar are looking at setting up canning factories close to areas where food is produced, so they can package their own and sell at a fixed price to consumers. There are a lot of consumables people no longer buy in open market but go directly to supermarket because it is cheaper (I buy poundo yam in the supermarket because it is N40 cheaper than in open market). Yam sellers are now losing profits because a lot of city people are buying like me, so they are forced to sell to the company that make poundo yam at a reduced price.
Economists did I get it right or I goofed??

May i ask your candid opinion on what should be done to the excessive produce of these farmers who have put in so much into their farm work and now expect a fair reward for their labour? Or would you rather wish to see massive waste of the harvest of these farmers?

4 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by karlxavier(m): 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
Is the egusi shelled or not?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
lol wehtin carry dis thread go front page nah? undecided
@MOD abeg remove vam, dis go affect we investors

4 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by gabscity(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
dav8id: lol wehtin carry dis thread go front page nah? undecided
@MOD abeg remove vam, dis go affect we investors

grin

Especially as NSE dey bear now, pple dey find alternative na!

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by daemperor1(m): 10:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
grin
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by gabscity(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2014
grin grin
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 9:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Live in lafia..

Heavy rain falling undecided i most buy market today undecided

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by kerriman: 11:11am On Aug 18, 2014
Pls buy and let us know the latest . Goodluck
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 12:05am On Aug 19, 2014
thank God for today market.

No more size 29 bag only 32 bags. Price as today market is N22,500 (well dry and fully loaded with extension on the bag)
But too much of market charges which include land fee,uploading of produce,bag measurement fee,bag stamp fee, shaking and sewing fee,gate pass fee and ministry of agric task revenue collector undecided

Recommendation...

Never use assakio market again unless if you are ready to pay all the uneccessary fee. Yes any other market one most pay such fee but not so high as assakio market.

Ashangba market is the best follow by agyaragu market,cuz u can store ur produce within the market and that save you some extral fee.
Ashangba market store fee is only pay whenever you come to pickup your produce and there is no duration limit but heey its not all the store but a brother store and it cost N200 per bag.

I will upload live picture of today market activities and tomorrow market (ashangba market) .

David live 4rm lafia.

Catch you yah

EXPO..
Make sure that they measure your bag before loading it with egusi if not they will endup using size 30 for you in the name of size 32 grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by kerriman: 5:48am On Aug 19, 2014
Thanks for the information
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by daemperor1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
dav8id: thank God for today market.

No more size 29 bag only 32 bags. Price as today market is N22,500 (well dry and fully loaded with extension on the bag)
But too much of market charges which include land fee,uploading of produce,bag measurement fee,bag stamp fee, shaking and sewing fee,gate pass fee and ministry of agric task revenue collector undecided

Recommendation...

Never use assakio market again unless if you are ready to pay all the uneccessary fee. Yes any other market one most pay such fee but not so high as assakio market.

Ashangba market is the best follow by agyaragu market,cuz u can store ur produce within the market and that save you some extral fee.
Ashangba market store fee is only pay whenever you come to pickup your produce and there is no duration limit but heey its not all the store but a brother store and it cost N200 per bag.

I will upload live picture of today market activities and tomorrow market (ashangba market) .

David live 4rm lafia.

Catch you yah

EXPO..
Make sure that they measure your bag before loading it with egusi if not they will endup using size 30 for you in the name of size 32 grin

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by okechukwu3: 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
Good biz, but i am not close to Nasarawa.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 7:25am On Aug 20, 2014
I bought two bags in ashangawa yesterday

31 size is 22k

but my agent talk to them, they agreed on 21k plus his agent fee and storage fee, land fee, bag fee,wheel barrow fee everytin end 22k/bag. .

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 8:19am On Aug 20, 2014
@All lot of un-well dry egusi full market and those type are in low price. Maximum storage of such is one month if not you will in longtin undecided

Dont be carry away by low price.
As for yesterday market (ashangwa ) always make sure they measure your bag if not they will endup giving you size 29 or 30 in the name of size 31 or 32.
You cant identify the bags size by eyes.
Price ranges size 31 are

N20,000, (Not well dry and not clean full with emty shell can be store for a month )

N20500, (Not well dry and not clean can be store for a month )

N21000, ( fair dried but mixed with emty shell in the bottom and can only store for 2months maximum)

N22,000(well dried , very clean and can be store for 12 months and above)
store fee N200 per bag for unlimited durition .ie if you like store for 20years .you wont pay until when you are good to sell out your produce.

I and a lady who also a nairaland from kubwa visited the market and purchased 8 bags and its really a wonderfull day.

Happy investment

3 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 8:40am On Aug 20, 2014
U're right boss Dav8id. . .
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by kerriman: 9:00am On Aug 20, 2014
Boss thanks for all your information . It has really helped.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Gbengazzee(m): 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
I was also in the market. Got there at about 1.20pm. At first I was pissed off with the journey, a stressful one and unanticipated. But when I arrived the market, the whole market scene invigorate me.

And the market name is Ashangwa and not Ashangba. Or may be they are two different markets.

My first time in such a market. Its a whole new experience.

Groundnut is also on sale at the price of 4-5k per bag.

@David. I called you as agreed but your number was not going through.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by idumuose(m): 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
Wao! Interesting.And some people are killing theirselves looking for paid job that never is.Keep up the good work @dav8id
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
Gbengazzee: I was also in the market. Got there at about 1.20pm. At first I was pissed off with the journey, a stressful one and unanticipated. But when I arrived the market, the whole market scene invigorate me.

And the market name is Ashangwa and not Ashangba. Or may be they are two different markets.

My first time in such a market. Its a whole new experience.

Groundnut is also on sale at the price of 4-5k per bag.

@David. I called you as agreed but your number was not going through.

Sorry there was no mtn network in the market. I also told the lady (nairalander) that were together that am xpecting u. Sorry for that bro.
The lady shes also frm kubwa.

For the name, the first houses u seen b4 geting to the market are ashangwa while the market point and those small settlement within there are ashangba (its only we b the area knw the diff) grin grin
Welcome to EGGON LAND grin
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
idumuose: Wao! Interesting.And some people are killing theirselves looking for paid job that never is.Keep up the good work @dav8id

You got it right frd. One can also make money frm this section without even invest a penny. I knw how many offers i turn down frm some agro firm and individuals though somes are jokers while some are real, well i still accepted to work for few serious ones sha. And i want to said big thank you for some of this nairalander the trusted and entrusted their fund under my care even without meeting face to face.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
2orow will be another market in the heart of lafiat its called KASUWA ALAMIS ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

PHOTOS: A Really Big Bush Meat A Nairalander Killed At His Farm / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / The Major Garri Processing Machines With Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.