Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now (70791 Views)

The Secrets And Riches In Storage Business / Hidden Profit In Egusi (melon) Business / Egusi (melon) Farming live from my ogbonge farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2014
crispgg:

I agree with you that the OP left out the risks associated with the business. There are soon many of them and its quite unpredictable. Government now has silos all around the country where they store produce. Supposing they decide to flood the market at the time you feel you should sell nko? What of having your produce destroyed by mould despite your best attempts at storage. But a simple lesson I have learnt in life is that you can never make it easily. All businesses have their ups and downs. Even if you are told all the pros and cons to a business, you can never fully understand it till you experience it first hand.

Filling your head with every little detail will discourage you, and waste precious time. Only the determined will make a success out of it.

I still feel it's worth a try. Any interested party should try first with a little amount, learn as much as you can quickly and take it up from there. The north produces most of our food, unfortunately most of that region is unstable. When you get the hang of the business, launch out and look for other markets to get your produce from.

well said #mature mind
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 11:55am On Sep 22, 2014
aaidel: after reading through this whole thread one thing i'm wondering is why the warehouse owners don't just store the produce for the farmers and take their cut when its sold. say i'm a farmer and i have 200 bags to sell i sell 120 why not make a deal with the warehouse owner at 200 naira per bag till its sold? This brings only one conclusion: the farmer realizes its a gamble and while he might make his money back he could also lose money and end up in debt to the store keeper. hope all those that invested are monitoring the prices closely and i hope they don't get greedy and not sell when they have a good price in the hope it gets higher

the store owner charge you a fixed fee.example my store keeper charge me #200 per bag and no limit how long i store my produces..i can store for 1,2,3,4 years without any extra charges.

you only pay when you sell your produce.

regard
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2014
i will be here to answer/reply only business minded individual.

@criticized term continue am enjoying it grin
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by aaidel(m): 8:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
dav8id:

the store owner charge you a fixed fee.example my store keeper charge me #200 per bag and no limit how long i store my produces..i can store for 1,2,3,4 years without any extra charges.

you only pay when you sell your produce.

regard

i understand that but seeing how cheap it is my question is why don't the farmers reach an agreement with the storeowners to store the produce and sell when the price is high?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
aaidel:

i understand that but seeing how cheap it is my question is why don't the farmers reach an agreement with the storeowners to store the produce and sell when the price is high?

THE FARMERS ONLY COME AND SELL IT TO MEETUP WITH THEIR DAILY NEED.

BUSINESS MEN AND WOMEN LIKE ME AND YOU ARE THE ONES THAT BUY AND STORAGE IT NOT THE FARMERA

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by umunnatim(m): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Can't i transport the Bags of Egwusi i buy to my State(Delta) and sell personally ?what is the cost of transporting like 20 bags ?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 12:26am On Sep 24, 2014
umunnatim: Can't i transport the Bags of Egwusi i buy to my State(Delta) and sell personally ?what is the cost of transporting like 20 bags ?

You can Transport it to anywhere. But you will need to make enquiry about hw much they are selling egusi per bag in Delta so that you can be able to compare the price with wat you wanna buy in North if it will be ok.

As For TP for 20bags you will need to discuss that with J5 or Diana driver in ur area or in the Market
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by jahlove4jah: 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
authority2006: Agricultural produce storage business is not always as rosy as this guy is making you guys to believe. By the time you want to sell, there may be a glut in the market despite the fact that it is not harvesting period. Produce storage business is like a stock market, no guarantee of making profit. I was into this business in the past (up to early this year) so I'm speaking from the experience. The day this guy made the first post, I read it and I really liked his spirit. But along the line, his posts moved from advice and information to what I called Persuasion. Now, the guy is talking about his firm/boss, can we ask this guy the real role his firm (I mean the people he works for) are playing in all this? Are they also buying on their own which they store and resell and make their own profit or are they luring you guys into the business and make their profits through you guys? If later is the case, it means you guys will never be told the truth because they will make their own profits whether you guys make profit or not (they make their own profits either way). Again, storing your bought produce in a highly volatile environment is not advisable be it Fulani, Tiv, or Eggon community as all of them have capacity of spring surprise attacks on one another. He even said that because he is an Eggon boy/man, nobody can attack him. While I don't pray for you to be attacked, but lone Eggon man is as vulnerable as as lone Yoruba, Hausa or Ijaw man. Again, what I've also learnt is that we should be wary of business partners who talk arrogantly to us on phone because they always try to portray themselves as well-to-do and create a sense of "always in a hurry" and "ever busy" personalities. This is to prevent you from interacting with them and find out the area that is not clear to you through necessary questions. You guys should be very careful because:
1. Trusting your hard earned money with someone you have never meet in person has its own risk. 2. Not all the time that you store agricultural produce you make profit (and @op has deceived you in this aspect). 3. All those Areas are not safe for keeping your goods including Eggon area. He never mentioned one market that could be attacked before. After confirming the attacked market, he said so so and so markets are safe, really? If Group A attacked market B, what stops Group B from retaliating? All these communities have suffered frequent attacks and are still suffering from it.
Good luck to you all.
1 million likes
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by emmykk(m): 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
I read all the thread.the op is wonderful to disclose business opportunities.

Every business needs mentorship and study.not just jumping into it.you have to plan your logistics.

At Op throw light on the saseme business that will be coming NOV/Dec
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
emmykk: I read all the thread.the op is wonderful to disclose business opportunities.

Every business needs mentorship and study.not just jumping into it.you have to plan your logistics.

At Op throw light on the saseme business that will be coming NOV/Dec

grin the insult weh and phone attack weh i get don do me. sesame nah premium package only for big boys whom control million bro, if you think you are upto then subscribe for 50k grin then you are inn undecided
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

You can Transport it to anywhere. But you will need to make enquiry about hw much they are selling egusi per bag in Delta so that you can be able to compare the price with wat you wanna buy in North if it will be ok.

As For TP for 20bags you will need to discuss that with J5 or Diana driver in ur area or in the Market

i like uuuuuu guy, abeg add me on whatup with number on my signature shapely i got hot news for you.

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by stagger: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
dav8id:

grin the insult weh and phone attack weh i get don do me. sesame nah premium package only for big boys whom control million bro, if you think you are upto then subscribe for 50k grin then you are inn undecided

I was told OLAM gives credit facilities for sesame as from N10m, but that you have to submit collateral worth more than that to commence business with them. It is not for 50k businessmen.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by emmykk(m): 2:26am On Sep 26, 2014
dav8id:

that some people have made remarks that are unencouraging cant stop you boo from informing about other avenues.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 10:02am On Sep 26, 2014
dav8id:

i like uuuuuu guy, abeg add me on whatup with number on my signature shapely i got hot news for you.

Ok boss
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by authority2006(m): 10:08am On Sep 26, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

Did he emphasize on all agricultural produce? He only talk about "Egusi STORAGE"

Mr man this kind of thing cannot happen to Mellon, it can only happen to some other farm produce.

I can see why u're crying all over the thread because you hv bitter experience.

If i may ask you wat did you store? Bros i can see you store wrong agro produce. its not all agro produce dat are good for storage.Even farmers and some agent in the market will advise you not to store some produce because you can't sell it quick.

His not persuading anyone. . His just trying to say you should buy it quick @cheaper rate b4 the price rise up. . Why would he persuade pple to invest in this biz when he has noting to gain.

I think his firm also invest in the biz but i dn't care to knw about that as its not my biz

Mr man u're just ranting here. If him/his firm wanna make something from investor he won't direct pple to market he will tell them to come and buy it 4rm him or his firm.

this can happen anywhere is part of risk in the biz

where in his post did he make this statement? Can you quote it? I can only remember dat he said they can't attack ashangba Market because it belong to eggon community. . Which i believe him.

Did he tell you that his looking for partner? Ur manners of approach is wat wil make Davi8d respond to you well on phone, If you sound childish or you keep asking unesserary questions dat has been answer on this thread he will hang up ur call.Wat i observe 4rm davi8d is dat he like action taker.

did he ask interested pple to bring money so that he can buy egusi for them or did he tell them to pay money into his acct?

yea, Not all time. But the op emphasize on only "egusi storage".Egusi storage will always be profitable because their is high demand for it.If you can visit the market you will see alot of buyers 4rm east.

Is he a pastor or prophet that can predict market that will be attack?

Oboi 4get all this rubbish u're tying here.In bizness Risk are involve apart 4rm attack anything can happen to ur goods.You never see fireoutage in the market b4

Mr Man Gerrout of here. .
Should I send you my home address so that you can come settle your frustration with me? We will all be here when you guys come back to cry over your loss. I wonder why would anyone dabble into the business he was only made to understand what he stands gain but not what he stands to lose. That's what people like you failed understand. You want people to go into a business, it will be great dishonest for you to tell them that they only stand to gain (as high as 300% return which is a pure deceit). Have you ever been involved in agricultural produce storage? Whatever the @op reason and motivation might be, he wasn't just being honest with his posts. And if you don't agree with my perspective, you can hit your head against the rock.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
authority2006: Should I send you my home address so that you can come settle your frustration with me?

grin No need for that man, U're the frustrated loser that's looking for who to pour ur Anger on because OP share biz idea.

authority2006: We will all be here when you guys come back to cry over your loss.

haha. .I can see Ur frustration is getting higher, Why do you reason with yah anus? because you fail to succed in agro storage biz doesn't mean others will fail. Smh 4u

authority2006: I wonder why would anyone dabble into the business he was only made to understand what he stands gain but not what he stands to lose.

what do you stand to lose in egusi storage? You can only lose If You dn't buy dried one nd OP has talk about that in his previous post.

authority2006: That's what people like you failed understand.

U're the Mr failure that doesn't hv knowledge of agro biz b4 U venture into it. . As you lost all ur hard earn u're now crying for us here.

authority2006: Have you ever been involved in agricultural produce storage?

Yea. . Am into palm oil storage.

authority2006: Whatever the @op reason and motivation might be, he wasn't just being honest with his posts. And if you don't agree with my perspective, you can hit your head against the rock.

If there not pple or organization doing agro storage where do you think you will be seeing food to eat all round the yea.

Their are many individual nd organization that are into agro storage nd they are making it. . Is just for you to play ur card well

Instead Of you to sit down nd think about wat make u fail so that u can find solution to them u're here displaying ur anger

In *Gov Oshiomole Voice* If you dn't agree that, we can't fail the way you do. You can Go nd Die.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by idumuose(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
Longfellow.Your mouth too sharp oo
LONGFELLOW02:

grin No need for that man, U're the frustrated loser that's looking for who to pour ur Anger on because OP share biz idea.

haha. .I can see Ur frustration is getting higher, Why do you reason with yah anus? because you fail to succed in agro storage biz doesn't mean others will fail. Smh 4u

what do you stand to lose in egusi storage? You can only lose If You dn't buy dried one nd OP has talk about that in his previous post.

U're the Mr failure that doesn't hv knowledge of agro biz b4 U venture into it. . As you lost all ur hard earn u're now crying for us here.

If there not pple or organization doing agro storage where do you think you will be seeing food to eat all round the yea.

Their are many individual nd organization that are into agro storage nd they are making it. . Is just for you to play ur card well

Instead Of you to sit down nd think about wat make u fail so that u can find solution to them u're here displaying ur anger

In *Gov Oshiomole Voice* If you dn't agree that, we can't fail the way you do. You can Go nd Die.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Gbengazzee(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
My agent caIIed me today that there is fresh communal crisis in Ashangwa. And that the fulanis were beginning to burn down Ashangwa market but the military intercepted them. He adviced that I shud come to the place as fast as I can to get my goods out of the market.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
Gbengazzee: My agent caIIed me today that there is fresh communal crisis in Ashangwa. And that the fulanis were beginning to burn down Ashangwa market but the military intercepted them. He adviced that I shud come to the place as fast as I can to get my goods out of the market.

Jeez!
Thank God u got info on time and posted here
All these mkters on nairaland will post all advt but no risk analysis. All they areafter is getting their cut /agent fee
.There is no money making venture dt is easy sha.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by authority2006(m): 9:19am On Sep 28, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

I'm still into the agricultural produce storage. And in case you still don't get it, here it is: it is only dishonest people that will tell people about business and what they stand to gain plus exaggerated profit but fail to tell them the possible down side of the business. Most especially when such people stand to make their own living out of your investment at initial stage when you are buying but not when you are selling. In agricultural produce storing business, sometimes you make profit sometimes you don't. And again, buying and storing in the markets that can be easily burn down anytime is too much of a risk (that shouldn't be part of business risks one needs to take) because these are crisis-prone environment, not minding the fake assurance given by the dubious agent.

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by authority2006(m): 9:24am On Sep 28, 2014
idumuose: Longfellow.Your mouth too sharp oo
That's to tell you that he is still a kid who is unable to have mature conversation/argument. He is just being aggressive, childish and showing lack of self restrained. Are we still talking about agricultural business (storage) and 300% returns?

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by authority2006(m): 9:25am On Sep 28, 2014
mercylicious:

Jeez!
Thank God u got info on time and posted here
All these mkters on nairaland will post all advt but no risk analysis. All they areafter is getting their cut /agent fee
.There is no money making venture dt is easy sha.
Help tell the gullible one.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 11:58am On Sep 28, 2014
authority2006: .

Have You done Egusi storage biz b4?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
authority2006: That's to tell you that he is still a kid who is unable to have mature conversation/argument. He is just being aggressive, childish and showing lack of self restrained. Are we still talking about agricultural business (storage) and 300% returns?

Yea i'm a kid. I should hv tell you something but the thunder that will fire you is still doing pressup

answer the above question 1st
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by FarmTech(m): 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
crispgg: ... Government now has silos all around the country where they store produce ...
Where are these government silos located and how do they operate with farmers?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by FarmTech(m): 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
dav8id:

THE FARMERS ONLY COME AND SELL IT TO MEETUP WITH THEIR DAILY NEED.

BUSINESS MEN AND WOMEN LIKE ME AND YOU ARE THE ONES THAT BUY AND STORAGE IT NOT THE FARMERA
I agree with this, most farmers are poor and a poor man dont have enough money to invest. That's why some farmers sell at ridiculous prices so they'll have money at hand.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by FarmTech(m): 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
Gbengazzee: My agent caIIed me today that there is fresh communal crisis in Ashangwa. And that the fulanis were beginning to burn down Ashangwa market but the military intercepted them. He adviced that I shud come to the place as fast as I can to get my goods out of the market.
Hmmm. Are we safe? One of the problem agriculture is facing is crisis, communal clashes. Many people hav interest in agric but if you shud go to all these agric areas, is your life safe? I find this to be a big challenge.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by stagger: 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
People should always be wary when a business is painted as being very rosy without a mention of the known and unknown risk factors.

Every business has benefits and risks. ALl should be put forward and if the business outweighs the risks, that is up to the investor to decide and take a decision thereafter. Generally speaking, any business where one does not control many variables has a lot of risk.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by crispgg: 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
FarmTech:
Where are these government silos located and how do they operate with farmers?

I don't have that information. But I heard in the news especially around the end of Obasanjo administration right into Yar Adua's about govt opening a number of the around the country, especially in the north. The ministry of Agriculture should be able to provide that information to you.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by FarmTech(m): 1:32am On Sep 30, 2014
crispgg:

I don't have that information. But I heard in the news especially around the end of Obasanjo administration right into Yar Adua's about govt opening a number of the around the country, especially in the north. The ministry of Agriculture should be able to provide that information to you.
Tnks
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by samchide(m): 9:23am On Oct 20, 2014
We sale,supply soya beans,Groundnut and Egusi in large Quantity our product is the best our farmers are well trained in planting and harvesting of Egusi melon Soya beans and Groundnuts we have farms in various part of the northern state Nigeria.

for your Affordable, well harvested EGUSI SEEDS, GROUNDNUT AND SOYA BEANS CALL NOW AND MAKE YOUR PURCHASE 08036028085 thanks and God Bless you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15)

PHOTOS: A Really Big Bush Meat A Nairalander Killed At His Farm / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / The Major Garri Processing Machines With Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.