Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now (70849 Views)

The Secrets And Riches In Storage Business / Hidden Profit In Egusi (melon) Business / Egusi (melon) Farming live from my ogbonge farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Gbengazzee: Am surprise that the price of Melon has gone up. As at today a bag of size 32 is going for 30,000 in Nassarawa Market.
Wrong information undecided

Size 31 22k and size 33 25k, size 29 18k...

Today update by my agent live from the market. All bag size price increase with 5k to 6k as in last week price. So those that invest last 2 weeks now make 5k plus profit.

@All egusi price will really go higher as due to the crises in the state early this. Few farmers farm egusi this year.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by henrimoto(m): 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
Business wey sure pass stock exchange market.

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by daemperor1(m): 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
henrimoto: Business wey sure pass stock exchange market.

True talk bro!

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
GOODNEWS...

All those that invest in the egusi and still have it in store and ready to resell at 26k per bag of size 29 should contact me with the special code i gave you.

We have international buyers coming into the country.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2014
Mine is 31 bag but am nt ready to sell nw. . I still want to buy two more bags in next ashangawa market.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 8:39am On Aug 15, 2014
LONGFELLOW02: Mine is 31 bag but am nt ready to sell nw. . I still want to buy two more bags in next ashangawa market.
Lol AsHANGBA market bro grin hope rain no disturb u dat day...
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2014
dav8id:
Lol AsHANGBA market bro grin hope rain no disturb u dat day...

As if you knw. . Rain beat me

the market is a very nice & bigmarket, I meet some of the villagers they also tell me other things that i can buy for storage like yam, grandnut nd sesame seed e.t.c

thank you boss for this great idea.

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by henrimoto(m): 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
dav8id: GOODNEWS...

All those that invest in the egusi and still have it in store and ready to resell at 26k per bag of size 29 should contact me with the special code i gave you.

We have international buyers coming into the country.

meaning by november ending, the price of a bag of egusi size 29' will hit 50k. Hmnn..

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by henrimoto(m): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

the market is a very nice & bigmarket, I meet some of the villagers they also tell me other things that i can buy for storage like yam, grandnut nd sesame seed e.t.c

@longbaba, when is the right time to start groundnut storage ? @ what price? Did they also tell you about okro?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
henrimoto: @longbaba, when is the right time to start groundnut storage ? @ what price? Did they also tell you about okro?

you can start grandnut storage next month. .they said the price is between 4k-5k per bag nd you can resell 8k or 10k per bag. I dn't knw the type of bag it is.

I dn't ask about okro. .

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by churchmind: 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

you can start grandnut storage next month. .they said the price is between 4k-5k per bag nd you can resell 8k or 10k per bag. I dn't knw the type of bag it is.

I dn't ask about okro. .
bros abeg for groundnut is it wit d cover or witout d cover dat one can store
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by henrimoto(m): 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
churchmind: bros abeg for groundnut is it wit d cover or witout d cover dat one can store
you store without the shell
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
henrimoto: you store without the shell
Nope u store with shell.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
LONGFELLOW02:

I salute ur courage and also put u into consideration as more agro business idea will flow,though this time its not going to be openly but strickly on invitation and its free of charge.

So far so good 10th nairalander invested in the egusi business.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by karlxavier(m): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
Great thread. Would be hitting ashagba market( make una permit me for my spellings) on Monday to buy on Tuesday... I would make it the 11th Nairalander to invest. Any one that is going to buy on Tuesday next week should indicate. Thanks @ david
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by churchmind: 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
henrimoto: you store without the shell
bros,wats d size of d bag n wat r d process involve in storing 4 a long period
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
dav8id:

I salute ur courage and also put u into consideration as more agro business idea will flow,though this time its not going to be openly but strickly on invitation and its free of charge.

So far so good 10th nairalander invested in the egusi business.

Thanks i will appreciate sir.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by LONGFELLOW02(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
churchmind: bros,wats d size of d bag n wat r d process involve in storing 4 a long period

You will store grandnut with shell.

I dn't really knw the size of bag but their 29bag, 31bag nd 33bag.

No much process is involve in storing once the grandnut is dry its good for storage.

Oga if you can visit the market it will do you alot of good.

1 Like

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by henrimoto(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
dav8id:
Nope u store with shell.

really ? Thanks for the corection
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 11:25pm On Aug 15, 2014
karlxavier: Great thread. Would be hitting ashagba market( make una permit me for my spellings) on Monday to buy on Tuesday... I would make it the 11th Nairalander to invest. Any one that is going to buy on Tuesday next week should indicate. Thanks @ david

Yeah you might be the 11th or 12th nairalander to invest.cuz another silent follower of this thread send me 600k this evening to help him make the purchase.
I will hit lafia sunday evening...

Am glad you finally make a move but i expect u to first make the move before any other nairaland cuz i personally trained you in agro trading but you never take it serious.
Well am waiting for your goodnews on tuesday but also remember Assakio market is monday. Assokia is just few kelometer away from ashangba...

2 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by dav8id(m): 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
@All if you guys follow this thread from the first post you will agree with me that i did mentioned that,there are others agro produce to invest into but i intentionally targeted the Egusi cuz its a lazy man business.
Other produce need you source for buyers but thats different from egusi. Egusi storage you never lool for buyes as you can resell at any time or season...

Also make sure you buy the well dried egusi.

Hope you hear another new goods next week.

3 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by gabscity(m): 12:46am On Aug 16, 2014
Very great and informative job on this thread.

pls boss, does it mean Egusi can only be bought for storage in August?

what other produce can be bought for storage in other months?

i heard of beans too, how lucrative and feasible?

Thank u sir.
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by 19naia(m): 5:09am On Aug 16, 2014
Wow, that sounds like intentional inflation of the market.. If people rush to buy all the Egusi to Hoard it, and then wait for shortages to be experienced and then release the hoarded goods only when a gouge rate is paid, then that is called fixing the market via hoarding.

Its not called storage, that is what its called for surplus.. If you are not buying surplus, then its called hoarding and its one major cause of inflation in the economy..
The diamond monopoly industry does it, They buy every diamond they can in the world, then sell only their own mined diamonds at gouge rates because people cannot find the other producers diamond due to the tactic that they have been hoarded to artificially inflate the market price.

In economically advanced nations, Hoarding is regulated to prevent the eventual collapse of the economy under inflation where demand for profit skyrockets high while jobs and wages paid stay low.. By the time wages and jobs adjust, it makes the value of the profits gained neutralized ,by the very inflation unbridled profiteering caused itself.. In the end ,the money profited loses value and people are back in the same position except the inflation remains...

7 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by donigspain(m): 5:30am On Aug 16, 2014
19naia: Wow, that sounds like intentional inflation of the market.. If people rush to buy all the Egusi to Hoard it, and then wait for shortages to be experienced and then release the hoarded goods only when a gouge rate is paid, then that is called fixing the market via hoarding.

Its not called storage, that is what its called for surplus.. If you are not buying surplus, then its called hoarding and its one major cause of inflation in the economy..
The diamond monopoly industry does it, They buy every diamond they can in the world, then sell only their own mined diamonds at gouge rates because people cannot find the other producers diamond due to the tactic that they have been hoarded to artificially inflate the market price.

In economically advanced nations, Hoarding is regulated to prevent the eventual collapse of the economy under inflation where demand for profit skyrockets high while jobs and wages paid stay low.. By the time wages and jobs adjust, it makes the value of the profits gained neutralized ,by the very inflation unbridled profiteering caused itself.. In the end ,the money profited loses value and people are back in the same position except the inflation remains...
Oga, siddon there dey spew jargon while I dust my shoes and off I zoom to Lafia. Ever wonder why most of our university lecturers are not super-rich? They dwell too much on theories while the smart illiterates take the bull by the horn.

10 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by bendeclerk: 5:54am On Aug 16, 2014
One reason Nigeria might never work. Profiteering! Why are you creating and encouraging artificial scarcity all in the name of carving a niche...? Tell me how this differ from petroleum marketers hoarding and reselling during scarcity?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by gabscity(m): 6:53am On Aug 16, 2014
bendeclerk: One reason Nigeria might never work. Profiteering! Why are you creating and encouraging artificial scarcity all in the name of carving a niche...? Tell me how this differ from petroleum marketers hoarding and reselling during scarcity?

i disagree...

those produce are in excess at their peak season, if they were not stored how will u get them to eat during their off season
have u not reasoned how u get plantain chips in the streets of Lagos to buy everyday meanwhile the gestational period of Plantain is 12-13months??

lack of sufficient Storage system was d reason for the farmine experienced in those days.... our farmers still suffer today for lack of irrigation systers, storage of water.

and u cant expect it sold same price in off season and when in their season of cause.

8 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Jsmile(m): 7:04am On Aug 16, 2014
Am based cross rivers, how do I key into this?
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Daniel058(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2014
PURITYMYPRIDE: you want to use people to make money.storage is not a business.stop persuading people to gamble with their money.
e be like say storage business don treat you bad!i.. I fear am o!
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 16, 2014
kiss
Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by Onegai(f): 8:31am On Aug 16, 2014
donigspain: Oga, siddon there dey spew jargon while I dust my shoes and off I zoom to Lafia. Ever wonder why most of our university lecturers are not super-rich? They dwell too much on theories while the smart illiterates take the bull by the horn.

Actually, theories exist because they are right. Let me explain how the cost is passed down to you.
You hoard the goods and sit on it till demand exceeds supply. Then sell for an inflated price. While you are happily counting your profit, the buyer has to transport it to a market for consumption, to cover his cost of buying expensive from you, he and his driver inflate their own transport price and sell it to market woman at 200% more than what they buy from you. Market women then inflate and sell to a consumer for 300% inflation.
That is how 6 big oranges from Ondo state bought at N50 end up costing N400 in Lagos (my personal experience).

Problem is, the city consumes a lot of food but provides even more to the countryside. So because it becomes so expensive to live in the city, it costs even more to send products OUT of the city (petrol in Lagos is N97, the farther away from Lagos it is, it gets more expensive, upto N150, because the ports are in Lagos and they have to be transported). Same thing happens to other commodities like clothing and building materials, cars and anything you cannot buy in your village/town that must come from the city: those that live in an expensive city will not sell you their goods cheaply. So building a house in Ondo becomes more expensive and having a car in Ondo costs more (mr Biggs in Ondo town is more expensive than in Lagos because they add the fee of transporting their packaging to your food, same with mineral and beer in the east, a crate is more expensive than in Lagos). Inflation doesn't go away by itself, so inflation in Lagos will be transferred to you in Awka/Abeokuta/Lafia.

So your profit goes into buying expensive city items. The only reason your electricity bill in the village is not more expensive is due to government regulation. Even that trader buying from you has less money to spend in the trickle-back chain and if this year, he bought 10 bags, next year he will buy 8 bags, so he can maintain his profit. So you lose in the end.

There's a reason governments regulate the prices of stuff even when not in season. It's to ensure profiteering doesn't destroy the economy. And while you are there depending on your agent to sell to a one-man business, companies like Spar are looking at setting up canning factories close to areas where food is produced, so they can package their own and sell at a fixed price to consumers. There are a lot of consumables people no longer buy in open market but go directly to supermarket because it is cheaper (I buy poundo yam in the supermarket because it is N40 cheaper than in open market). Yam sellers are now losing profits because a lot of city people are buying like me, so they are forced to sell to the company that make poundo yam at a reduced price.
Economists did I get it right or I goofed??

5 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by gabscity(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2014
Sane explanations!

But Agric produce is not viewed that way. Storage process is an integral part of Agricultural Marketing to enjoy even distribution all year round. Of cause buyers will pay for me storing the produce.

Besides, guys, don't dull! People like onegal are making mega bucks in this business. We have them in NSE too. Lols

3 Likes

Re: Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now by waka2: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=dav8id]Before the Nairaland data loss i have wrote a small post regarding this business EGUSI STORAGE BUSINESS.

Its nothing but its just a kind of business were you buy egusi at cheap price during the harvest time (now ) at farm gate price directly from farmers through local purchase agent , then store the egusi for 2 to 3 months or more months for reselling at 100 to 300% profit.
The longer your store the higher the profit. Last year we invest in this business by buying size 29 bag of egusi at 12k and then resell at 28k by november same year while some sell same size of bag at 48k around march this year.

Current price of size 29 bag of egusi is now is 13k .Note agro produce price are not stable and egusi price might likely increase or decrease as the case maybe.

Why egusi storage business?
You dont need marketing. Yes buyers are always around to buy from you whenever you want to sell it.the demand is morethan the supply.
You buy at the egusi market, you store it at same market, buy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

PHOTOS: A Really Big Bush Meat A Nairalander Killed At His Farm / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary / The Major Garri Processing Machines With Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.