Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Problems With Biblical Inerrancy - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Problems With Biblical Inerrancy (20956 Views)

Married And Single, Who Serves God Better, Support Your Points With Biblical Quo / ISIS Blows Up Muslim Shrine With Biblical Prophet Jonah's Tomb 'to Dust'... / 5 Problems With Heaven! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2014
JCcb: The beauty of the scripture is that it is clear in all necessary points. QED
ote]
I don't understand this,pls clearify it
"And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, ‘Who are you?’ He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, ‘I am not the Christ.’ And they asked him, ‘What then? Are you Elijah?’ He said, ‘I am not.’ ‘Are you the Prophet?’ And he answered, ‘No.’ So they said to him, ‘Who are you? We need to give an answer to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?’ He said, ‘I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, "Make straight the way of the Lord," as the prophet Isaiah said.’ (Now they had been sent from the Pharisees.) They asked him, ‘Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?’" John 1:19-25
Who's the prophet that is supposed to come after Jesus
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by texbaba1: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2014
1stola:
This faith ish is really fading out...
so, people should just ignore the obvious, be irrational and remain foolish right?
What did God give us brain for?

the major problem is dat people seek rational explanation for evrythng buh not evrythng can rationally be explained, especially things that hve to do with revelation, inspiration and spirituality...things in d metaphysical realm.i am a professional philosopher nd trust me lots of these issues ihve ponderd, querried, denied...using the cartesian method but in d end u would realise dat as humans ther is very little we know nd
understand in the grand scale of things with our over stated knowledge. We tend to mke d mistake of interpreting evrythng only from one paradigm...but if u can extend d horizon of ur knowledge to accomodate other paradigm, u would realise an uncomon standpoint that is neither here nor ther...nothing is proven, nothing is dispeld, it boils down to wht u choose to hold on to...faith or reason- foolishness to heaven or wisdom to hell. I hve come to realise dat not all christians rily understand the word of God or what christianity is truely all about. My advice is dat just like me, take d wager- according to blaise pascal in his wager argument, the ultimate end will tell.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by ALISMILE(m): 9:35am On Aug 03, 2014
Hmmmmm! Ehen? Na so bible be? Well am quietly observing.

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by toptechorder: 9:37am On Aug 03, 2014
God is not a God of confussion anything from God suppose to be well understood,how do we get his message when what he sent to us is irrational and logically wrong,pls christians dont be blindfolded by what one pastor has told you,seek the truth your self and it will set u free.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by zivility: 9:39am On Aug 03, 2014
The Bible contains The Word of God: seek and you shall find

Still there is huge human input in it - look at the bible history. It was in the hands of church for centuries banned to all; only the priest reads read from it occasionally. So u can see how it is inclined to benefit the church organisation. Imagine the words christ gave his life for the church! So he can make it a pure bride for himself!

However, The power of God still makes it possible for the Truth to still be found in the Bible.

The general beliefs deduced from the book are wrong! Jesus did not come for the sinners; He came for the righteous! The prayers of the righteous and hope for a Savior from God brought Jesus out of love to save them from this sinful world. Likewise the death of Jesus was not a necessary sacrifice but a crime against God by men! He was killed because he led people to God and away from dogma Matthew 21: 33. His words: Father forgive them for they know not what they do saved this world from The wrath of The Almighty

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Youngzedd(m): 9:44am On Aug 03, 2014
This is damn serious.

I comment my reserve.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by delkuf(m): 9:47am On Aug 03, 2014
Men, frobel, I use to think that u are more intelligent that this, but with this ur write up, am hving a rethink. Ow can u say, u believe the bible is from God but he uses wrong pple. Now ask urself this, a God that is holy, with a word that is truth, will now use pple, that according to u are not wrong. Or not holy. Does it make any sense. The bible is from God, and He send to us through men who are holy, worthy and pure.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 03, 2014
1stola:
Who wrote the Bible? man
maybe you can start reading the Holy Qur'an

No thank you, that one is even worse.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by qstar(m): 9:50am On Aug 03, 2014
[size=14] I am writing a book now, and in one of its pages i've inscribed that it's inspired by God[/size]

250years from now, it would have overtaken all contemporary world religions and their books.. grin

8 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by finofaya: 9:51am On Aug 03, 2014
That effect is one of strict adherence. It is not unique to Islam. Christianity has its moments too.

You have to give any prospective convert a bible to read. If you are not there to guide him, the bible alone can hardly do the job.

bot101:
i'd advice you to see the effect of the quran in the lives of many muslims when it comes to strict inerrancy. also, you are the one to bring others to salvation using the word as guided by the spirit of God and the bible helps you to know this spirit.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by toptechorder: 9:52am On Aug 03, 2014
Quran is the most accurate book of God,against me with your evidence if am wrong

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by toptechorder: 9:53am On Aug 03, 2014
toptechorder: Quran is the most accurate book of God,against me with your evidence if am wrong

Diffent xtians have diffrent meaning to Bible verses
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 03, 2014
toptechorder: Quran is the most accurate book of God,against me with your evidence if am wrong

It is not for the following reasons :

1. The Quran has borrowed and in some cases plagiarised stories from the bible and other gnostic books.
2. The Quran can only be understood in Arabic which means it was meant only for the Arabs
3. There are lots of inconsistencies and contradictions in the Quran which is why we need the Hadith.
4. The fruits of the Quran are an immediate put off.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by delkuf(m): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2014
yemaldo:
ote]
I don't understand this,pls clearify it
"And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, ‘Who are you?’ He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, ‘I am not the Christ.’ And they asked him, ‘What then? Are you Elijah?’ He said, ‘I am not.’ ‘Are you the Prophet?’ And he answered, ‘No.’ So they said to him, ‘Who are you? We need to give an answer to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?’ He said, ‘I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, "Make straight the way of the Lord," as the prophet Isaiah said.’ (Now they had been sent from the Pharisees.) They asked him, ‘Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?’" John 1:19-25
Who's the prophet that is supposed to come after Jesus
do u think at all b4 u write. Where in john 1:19-25, that talks abt any prophet coming after christ. They ask john if he is christ, he said no. If he is the prophet or elijah, he said no. That he is the voice in wilderness, so where did u come up with a prophet coming after christ. Even if u don't believe in the bible that doesn't mean u shld give it a bad image
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by sdavirus: 9:56am On Aug 03, 2014
All this ones you guys are saying here will only lead you to madness and u will end up achieving nothing, only confusing yourself more.

For me, I have prayed in the name of Jesus, and it has worked wonders.
Let me share a bit with you.
Once, I was in a bus going back to UNI, here in Nigeria, and we were flagged down by policemen......we got arguing with them, and knowing how notorious Nigerian policemen are for releasing bullets, I decided to retreat, backing the road, and watching them, in case they shoot. Unknown to me, I was walking towards the road, and a long trailer was approaching and honking, but I was too focused on the men.
Next thing I know, I tried to take another step backwards, and it was as if my leg was glued to the ground, and a stronger foot was on mine...........just then, the trailer whisked past, like a feet away.....I looked down, and i was at the edge of the road........ I had to sit down to get back ma sanity.

I've had two friends, come back to life, just because a group of people decided to pray in the name of Jesus. One was shot on duty with the US army, and the other is a very huge actor in Turkey, who OD'ed.

Also felt the touch of an angel, when praying for someone most dear, that had been bedridden for more than 3months. I thought it was my brother grabbing my shoulder, but the hand felt real heavy, like it was Shaq or Hakeem the dream putting their hands on me.
I raised my head, no one. The instant I felt the hand, I telepathically ( that's the best way I can put it) heard "stop praying, your prayers have been answered" those were the exact words. I called her bro the next day, and he was like "you won't believe what just happened, they just discharged her, she's fine" I smiled.

Stuffs like these leaves me in awe of Jesus. If people don't believe he's real or the bible isn't his word doesn't change who he is. He can't change his word to please mere mortals like us. He is truth, and we need to seek him in truth and in spirit. For we to understand God/Jesus better, we need to have the heart and mind of children.

Just as Tom Hanks said in angel and demons or the prequel or sequel, when he was down in that well, and cried to Jesus, he came through. That's the way I see him.

Look to Jesus, and not the letters. I pray all these-your questions draw you closer and not farther.

Amen.

P.S: I'm no preacher, just a regular guy that sins every other day, but has total faith in Jesus, and tries to please him.

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 03, 2014
delkuf: Men, frobel, I use to think that u are more intelligent that this, but with this ur write up, am hving a rethink. Ow can u say, u believe the bible is from God but he uses wrong pple. Now ask urself this, a God that is holy, with a word that is truth, will now use pple, that according to u are not wrong. Or not holy. Does it make any sense. The bible is from God, and He send to us through men who are holy, worthy and pure.

Make no mistake about it, the Bible still conveys God' message of salvation for mankind in an effectual way.

When we used the term ' inerrant ' , we mean to say free from error, that is some people who say the bible is 100% accurate word for word and all the stories line up. This is just plain false and tantamount to lying.

I don't lie for GOD.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by delkuf(m): 10:02am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

Make no mistake about it, the Bible still conveys God' message of mankind in an effectual way.

When I say inerrant I mean to say free from error, that is some people who say the bible is 100% accurate word for word, this is just plain false and tantamount to lying.

I don't lie for GOD.

smiley
but there was one write up that u said, though the bible is from God, but given through wrong men. That is where am basing my argument. God can not give something through wrong men.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by toptechorder: 10:04am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

It is not for the following reasons :

1. The Quran has borrowed and in some cases plagiarised stories from the bible and other gnostic books.
2. The Quran can only be understood in Arabic which means it was meant only for the Arabs
3. There are lots of inconsistencies and contradictions in the Quran which is why we need the Hadith.
4. The fruits of the Quran are an immediate put off.

Thanks.

All what you said r just lies,defend it with qouted verses or any genue quotation. Tell me the contradictions in quran that u made mention of,u r just bluffing thats why the quran says

"The word of your Lord is complete, in
truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate
His words. He is the Hearer, the
Omniscient." 6:115
"……the words of God are unchangeable" 10:64
"A.L.R. This is a book whose verses have
been perfected" 11:1

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 03, 2014
delkuf: but there was one write up that u said, though the bible is from God, but given through wrong men. That is where am basing my argument. God can not give something through wrong men.

I never said that. Please get the quote.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2014
toptechorder:

All what you said r just lies,defend it with qouted verses or any genue quotation. Tell me the contradictions in quran that u made mention of,u r just bluffing thats why the quran says

"The word of your Lord is complete, in
truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate
His words. He is the Hearer, the
Omniscient." 6:115
"……the words of God are unchangeable" 10:64
"A.L.R. This is a book whose verses have
been perfected" 11:1

Young MAN , open another article on the Quran let me teach you.

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by delkuf(m): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

I never said that. Please get the quote.
ok, since u didn't said that, is gud. Am not feeling too well, that was y I didn't go to church. Are in church
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by delkuf(m): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

don't mind them. The quran is the major problem in this world. If u won't us to argue abt this open another thread, so that we can do it

2 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by toptechorder: 10:11am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

@frosbel,I know people like you,say wat u wonna say here,u r just a bluffing omosapien
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 03, 2014
toptechorder:

@frosbel,I know people like you,say wat u wonna say here,u r just a bluffing omosapien

we have 2 Qurans in my family and use them as reference books, I can tell you when I start on the Quran you will be looking for where to hide.

grin

1 Like

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by toptechorder: 10:16am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

we have 2 Qurans in my family and use them as reference books, I can tell you when I start on the Quran you will be looking for where to hide.

grin

Na wa for this guys ooo,u have 2 qurans,published in ur house abi,hahahahah,vomit anytin u wonna vomit am here for ignorant people like u who r delluded by BBC and CNN news

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 03, 2014
I cannot reply to all the comments, but let me summarise my position :

1. Unlike the 42,000 denominations and their CEOs Pastors , I am not asking you to join the frosbel church or frosbel line of thinking.
2. I am only asking you Christians to start engaging that wonderful miracle called the Brain and stop thinking with your Pastors Brain.
3. I am asking you to prayerfully ask God for wisdom like Solomon then read the bible again and you will notice that a lot of doctrines we hold dear are outright LIES. Examples, Trinity, Eternal Torment, Tithe etc etc.
4. The Bible overall is still a book with some of the most precious, inspired and comforting words sent to us by the one and only true God.
5. The overall message of the bible is consistent.
6. To say that the bible is inerrant when even Christian Scholars are saying otherwise makes us Liars.
7. I have to re-emphasise this, stop letting you Pastor think for you , he is not God or the final authority, God wants to speak with you directly.
8. Only people who have something to hide will ask you not to research the bible more deeply, in many cases they are scared that their false doctrines will be exposed and they will lose followers and hence MONEY.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by wittytezzy(m): 10:21am On Aug 03, 2014
Mchtewww, lame! you are welcome! people go to Osun, Sango, Ogun etc for all sorts of things too and they go back to them (Osun et al) to give positive testimonies, you could have called on one of those dumb things then too and come here with this same testimony

It doesn't alter the fact that Jesus is not a God but a man like you that was sent with a message

Or that, the bible was compiled by him years after his demise, even though early versions of the bible which your current day bishop will most frown at seeing in public domain contains salient religious points distict from ones christians practice today

Ever since, due to translations and all that laced with hypocricy, several verses were expunged, while rubbish were added into it

Our world is of two faces, up, down, good, bad, day, night, true, false, you can choose to cling on to the false, while you leave the rest to the rest!
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 03, 2014
toptechorder:

Na wa for this guys ooo,u have 2 qurans,published in ur house abi,hahahahah,vomit anytin u wonna vomit am here for ignorant people like u who r delluded by BBC and CNN news

My wife bought one and the other one was a gift from one of my good friends who is a Palestinian Arab.

Thanks.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by toptechorder: 10:26am On Aug 03, 2014
Inconsistency in the Bible,yet they claim is from GOD :-XInconsistency in the Bible,yet they claim is from GOD

could be taken as biblical contradictions.
GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created
light, then separated light and darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night
and day) wasn't created until the fourth
day.
GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before
man was created.
GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were
created.
GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before
man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds
were created.
GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man
was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals
were created.
GE 1:26 Man is to have dominion over fish,
birds, cattle, and all wild animals, yet--
GE 2:15-17 It is wrong to be able to tell
good from evil, right from wrong.
GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at
the same time.
GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman
sometime later.
GE 1:28 God encourages reproduction.
LE 12:1-8 God requires purification rites
following childbirth which, in effect,
makes childbirth a sin. (Note: The period
for purification following the birth of a
daughter is twice that for a son.)
GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his
creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is
inconsistent with the concept of
omniscience as well as with the fact that
God allegedly does not change his mind: NU
23:19-20, 1SA 15:29, JA 1:17.)
GE 2:4, 4:26, 12:8, 22:14-16, 26:25 God was
already known as "the Lord" (Jahveh or
Jehovah) much earlier than the time of
Moses.
EX 6:2-3 God was first known as "the
Lord" (Jahveh or Jehovah) at the time of
the Egyptian Bondage, during the life of
Moses.
GE 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that
he ate the forbidden fruit.
GE 5:5 Adam lived 930 years.
GE 2:15-17, 3:4-6 It is wrong to want to be
able to tell good from evil.
HE 5:13-14 It is immature to be unable to
tell good from evil.
GE 4:4-5 God prefers Abel's offering and
has no regard for Cain's.
2CH 19:7, AC 10:34, RO 2:11 God shows no
partiality. He treats all alike.
GE 4:9 God asks Cain where his brother Able
is.
PR 15:3, JE 16:17, 23:24-25, HE 4:13 God is
everywhere. He sees everything. Nothing is
hidden from his view.
GE 4:15, DT 32:19-27, IS 34:8 God is a
vengeful god.
EX 15:3, IS 42:13, HE 12:29 God is a
warrior. God is a consuming fire.
EX 20:5, 34:14, DT 4:24, 5:9, 6:15, 29:20,
32:21 God is a jealous god.
LE 26:7-8, NU 31:17-18, DT 20:16-17, JS
10:40, JG 14:19, EZ 9:5-7 The Spirit of God
is (sometimes) murder and killing.
NU 25:3-4, DT 6:15, 9:7-8, 29:20, 32:21, PS
7:11, 78:49, JE 4:8, 17:4, 32:30-31, ZP 2:2
God is angry. His anger is sometimes
fierce.
2SA 22:7-8 (KJV) "I called to the Lord; ...
he heard my voice; ... The earth trembled
and quaked, ... because he was angry. Smoke
came from his nostrils. Consuming fire came
from his mouth, burning coals blazed out of
it."
EZ 6:12, NA 1:2, 6 God is jealous and
furious. He reserves wrath for, and takes
revenge on, his enemies. "... who can abide
in the fierceness of his anger? His fury is
poured out like fire, and rocks are thrown
down by him."
2CO 13:11, 14, 1JN 4:8, 16 God is love.
GA 5:22-23 The fruit of the Spirit of God
is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
GE 4:16 Cain went away (or out) from the
presence of the Lord.
JE 23:23-24 A man cannot hide from God. God
fills heaven and earth.
GE 6:4 There were Nephilim (giants) before
the Flood.
GE 7:21 All creatures other than Noah and
his clan were annihilated by the Flood.
NU 13:33 There were Nephilim after the
Flood.
GE 6:6. EX 32:14, NU 14:20, 1SA 15:35, 2SA
24:16 God does change his mind.
NU 23:19-20, 1SA 15:29, JA 1:17 God does
not change his mind.
GE 6:19-22, 7:8-9, 7:14-16 Two of each kind
are to be taken, and are taken, aboard
Noah's Ark.
GE 7:2-5 Seven pairs of some kinds are to
be taken (and are taken) aboard the Ark.
GE 7:1 Noah was righteous.
JB 1:1,8, JB 2:3 Job was righteous.
LK 1:6 Zechariah and Elizabeth were
righteous.
JA 5:16 Some men are righteous, (which
makes their prayers effective).
1JN 3:6-9 Christians become righteous (or
else they are not really Christians).
RO 3:10, 3:23, 1JN 1:8-10 No one was or is
righteous.
GE 7:7 Noah and his clan enter the Ark.
GE 7:13 They enter the Ark (again?).
GE 11:7-9 God sows discord.
PR 6:16-19 God hates anyone who sows
discord.
GE 11:9 At Babel, the Lord confused the
language of the whole world.
1CO 14:33 Paul says that God is not the
author of confusion.
GE 11:12 Arpachshad [Arphaxad] was the
father of Shelah.
LK 3:35-36 Cainan was the father of Shelah.
Arpachshad was the grandfather of Shelah.
GE 11:26 Terah was 70 years old when his
son Abram was born.
GE 11:32 Terah was 205 years old when he
died (making Abram 135 at the time).
GE 12:4, AC 7:4 Abram was 75 when he left
Haran. This was after Terah died. Thus,
Terah could have been no more than 145 when
he died; or Abram was only 75 years old
after he had lived 135 years.
GE 12:7, 17:1, 18:1, 26:2, 32:30, EX 3:16,
6:2-3, 24:9-11, 33:11, NU 12:7-8, 14:14, JB
42:5, AM 7:7-8, 9:1 God is seen.
EX 33:20, JN 1:18, 1JN 4:12 God is not
seen. No one can see God's face and live.
No one has ever seen him.
GE 10:5, 20, 31 There were many languages
before the Tower of Babel.
GE 11:1 There was only one language before
the Tower of Babel.
GE 15:9, EX 20:24, 29:10-42, LE 1:1-7:38,
NU 28:1-29:40, God details sacrificial
offerings.
JE 7:21-22 God says he did no such thing.
GE 16:15, 21:1-3, GA 4:22 Abraham had two
sons, Ishmael and Isaac.
HE 11:17 Abraham had only one son.
GE 17:1, 35:11, 1CH 29:11-12, LK 1:37 God
is omnipotent. Nothing is impossible with
(or for) God.
JG 1:19 Although God was with Judah,
together they could not defeat the
plainsmen because the latter had iron
chariots.
GE 17:7, 10-11 The covenant of circumcision
is to be everlasting.
GA 6:15 It is of no consequence.
GE 17:8 God promises Abraham the land of
Canaan as an "everlasting possession."
GE 25:8, AC 7:2-5, HE 11:13 Abraham died
with the promise unfulfilled.
GE 17:15-16, 20:11-12, 22:17 Abraham and
his half sister, Sarai, are married and
receive God's blessings.
LE 20:17, DT 27:20-23 Incest is wrong.
GE 18:20-21 God decides to "go down" to see
what is going on.
hidden from his view.
GE 19:30-38 While he is drunk, Lot's two
daughters "lie with him," become pregnant,
and give birth to his offspring.
2PE 2:7 Lot was "just" and "righteous."
GE 22:1-12, DT 8:2 God tempts (tests)
Abraham and Moses.
JG 2:22 God himself says that he does test
(tempt).
1CO 10:13 Paul says that God controls the
extent of our temptations.
JA 1:13 God tests (tempts) no one.
GE 27:28 "May God give you ... an abundance
of grain and new wine."
DT 7:13 If they follow his commandments,
God will bless the fruit of their wine.
PS 104:15 God gives us wine to gladden the
heart.
JE 13:12 "... every bottle shall be filled
with wine."
JN 2:1-11 According to the author of John,
Jesus' first miracle was turning water to
wine.
RO 14:21 It is good to refrain from
drinking wine.
GE 35:10 God says Jacob is to be called
Jacob no longer; henceforth his name is
Israel.
GE 46:2 At a later time, God himself uses
the name Jacob.
GE 36:11 The sons of Eliphaz were Teman,
Omar, Zepho, Gatam, and Kenaz.
GE 36:15-16 Teman, Omar, Zepho, Kenaz.
1CH 1:35-36 Teman, Omar, Zephi, Gatam,
Kenaz, Timna, and Amalek.
GE 49:2-28 The fathers of the twelve tribes
of Israel are: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah,
Zebulun, Issachar, Dan, Gad, Asher,
Naphtali, Joseph, and Benjamin.
RE 7:4-8 (Leaves out the tribe of Dan, but
adds Manasseh.)
GE 50:13 Jacob was buried in a cave at
Machpelah bought from Ephron the Hittite.
AC 7:15-16 He was buried in the sepulchre
at Shechem, bought from the sons of Hamor.
EX 3:1 Jethro was the father-in-law of
Moses.
NU 10:29, JG 4:11 (KJV) Hobab was the
father-in-law of Moses.
EX 3:20-22, DT 20:13-17 God instructs the
Israelites to despoil the Egyptians, to
plunder their enemies.
EX 20:15, 17, LE 19:13 God prohibits
stealing, defrauding, or robbing a
neighbor.
EX 4:11 God decides who will be dumb, deaf,
blind, etc.
2CO 13:11, 14, 1JN 4:8, 16 God is a god of
love.
EX 9:3-6 God destroys all the cattle
(including horses) belonging to the
Egyptians.
EX 9:9-11 The people and the cattle are
afflicted with boils.
EX 12:12, 29 All the first-born of the
cattle of the Egyptians are destroyed.
EX 14:9 After having all their cattle
destroyed, then afflicted with boils, and
then their first-born cattle destroyed, the
Egyptians pursue Moses on horseback.
EX 12:13 The Israelites have to mark their
houses with blood in order for God to see
which houses they occupy and "pass over"
them.
hidden from God.
EX 12:37, NU 1:45-46 The number of men of
military age who take part in the Exodus is
given as more than 600,000. Allowing for
women, children, and older men would
probably mean that a total of about
2,000,000 Israelites left Egypt.
1KI 20:15 All the Israelites, including
children, number only 7000 at a later time.
EX 15:3, 17:16, NU 25:4, 32:14, IS 42:13
God is a man of war--he is fierce and
angry.
RO 15:33, 2CO 13:11, 14, 1JN 4:8, 16 God is
a god of love and peace.
EX 20:1-17 God gave the law directly to
Moses (without using an intermediary).
GA 3:19 The law was ordained through angels
by a mediator (an intermediary).
EX 20:4 God prohibits the making of any
graven images whatsoever.
EX 25:18 God enjoins the making of two
graven images.
EX 20:5, 34:7, NU 14:18, DT 5:9, IS
14:21-22 Children are to suffer for their
parent's sins.
DT 24:16, EZ 18:19-20 Children are not to
suffer for their parent's sins.
EX 20:8-11, 31:15-17, 35:1-3 No work is to
be done on the Sabbath, not even lighting a
fire. The commandment is permanent, and
death is required for infractions.
MK 2:27-28 Jesus says that the Sabbath was
made for man, not man for the Sabbath
(after his disciples were criticized for
breaking the Sabbath).
RO 14:5, CN 2:14-16 Paul says the Sabbath
commandment was temporary, and to decide
for yourself regarding its observance.
EX 20:12, DT 5:16, MT 15:4, 19:19, MK 7:10,
10:19, LK 18:20 Honor your father and your
mother is one of the ten commandments. It
is reinforced by Jesus.
MT 10:35-37, LK 12:51-53, 14:26 Jesus says
that he has come to divide families; that a
man's foes will be those of his own
household; that you must hate your father,
mother, wife, children, brothers, sisters,
and even your own life to be a disciple.
MT 23:9 Jesus says to call no man on earth
your father.
EX 20:13, DT 5:17, MK 10:19, LK 18:20, RO
13:9, JA 2:11 God prohibits killing.
GE 34:1-35:5 God condones trickery and
killing.
EX 32:27, DT 7:2, 13:15, 20:1-18 God orders
killing.
2KI 19:35 An angel of the Lord slaughters
185,000 men.
(Note: See Atrocities section for many more
examples.)
EX 20:14 God prohibits adultery.
HO 1:2 God instructs Hosea to "take a wife
of harlotry."
EX 21:23-25, LE 24:20, DT 19:21 A life for
a life, an eye for an eye, etc.
MT 5:38-44, LK 6:27-29 Turn the other
cheek. Love your enemies.
EX 23:7 God prohibits the killing of the
innocent.
NU 31:17-18, DT 7:2, JS 6:21-27, 7:19-26,
8:22-25, 10:20, 40, 11:8-15, 20, JG
11:30-39, 21:10-12, 1SA 15:3 God orders or
approves the complete extermination of
groups of people which include innocent
women and/or children.
(Note: See Atrocities section for many
other examples of the killing of
innocents.)
EX 34:6, DT 7:9-10, TS 1:2 God is faithful
and truthful. He does not lie.
NU 14:30 God breaks his promise.
1KI 22:21-23 God condones a spirit of
deception.
2TH 2:11-12 God deludes people, making them
believe what is false, so as to be able to
condemn them. (Note: some versions use the
word persuade here. The context makes
clear, however, that deception is
involved.)
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by toptechorder: 10:27am On Aug 03, 2014
frosbel:

My wife bought one and the other one was a gift from one of my good friends who is a Palestinian Arab.

Thanks.

So you understand Arabic language,cos d oda time u said only Arab understands quran.hahahah
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 03, 2014
^^^^^

I admire your copy and paste skills, but your post up there is unreadable.

Present it in a more logical way so we can discuss.

Thanks.
Re: Problems With Biblical Inerrancy by cocoduck: 10:28am On Aug 03, 2014
at Op
one thing we can be sure of is the fact that the bible has been around for many many centuries. what about the pin point accuracies in the bible? for example the statement that Isaiah made about the shape of the earth, the fact that the earth is hanging upon nothing. he said the earth Is round, at that time no one had seen the earth and about a thousand years later the Greeks believed that the earth was being supported by two elephants standing on an even bigger turtle some people believed that Zeus punnished atlas by having him carrying the earth but we all now no that Isaiah who said what he said a thousand years earlier was right afterall, when in 1970 or so NASA took a photo of the earth from space and confirmed the roundness of the earth. what about personal hygene? God clearly told the isrealites how to take care of and dispose human wastes when even the intelligent Egyptians were still experimenting with human waste yes human waste as possible medicines which ended up killing more and more people
this is like mathematics. correct math can never be wrong instead our understanding of it can
I am typing from my phone so l'd rather stop here for the moment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

You Are Praying To Demons By Calling Michael And Gabriel In Your Prayers / Johnson Suleiman, Chris Okafor & Co / One Shocking Reason We Must never end up in hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.