Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy (31482 Views)

Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. / Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / Ukarainan Prime Minister Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by ogaju007(m): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
Firefire:

The purpose, reasons and intention behind every action validate or invalidate every other thought.

I believe you understand my point(s). grin

I get your point jo... everybody believes there is a purpose for their actions. so the 2 sides have a right to defend themselves but if they think deep, dem dey fight over nothing.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by coogar: 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Daresh:

The Jews in Israel bought the lands that they occupied from the Arabs during the British Mandate of Palestine. The Palestinians failed to accept the demarcation of the land and decided to declare war on Israel in 1948. Unfortunately they lost and Israel used military force to seize even the land that was allotted to Palestine and even the Sinai from Egypt.

You cannot sell your land and ask for it back because you dont like what the purchasers are doing with it. You cannot fight a war, lose and expect your territory to still be intact. The fact that palestinians are stateless is their own fault.

I agree the Israelis are a bit high handed but when someones sole mission is to wipe you out, you tend to be paranoid. Hamas build their tunnels and missile launchers in schools and mosques. They urge their people to use their bodies to shield these military installations. Then they use their dead to gather international sympathy.

Look let them fight from now till kingdom come, Israel is here to stay forever.

the killing of several hundreds of innocent women & children is what you describe as a "bit" high handed? shocked

ok.....

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by nnatom: 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
barcanista: What has civilians got to do with the actions of Militants? Why not hunt down the militants?and Who is a terrorist?

hear yourself,assuming the Hamas bombs where not intercepted in mid air where will they land. is it on empty area or pupulated area. bros think well and draw your conclusion wisely.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by say4gunit(m): 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
May Ebola virus strike isreal! I swear this world is a scam, may God punish all those in support of killing of women and children!
The world should bury itself in shame.
For those in nairaland that are blindly supporting israel to be killing innocent civilians then i pray "maybSango strike u"

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nihilist: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
ogaju007:

I get your point jo... everybody believes there is a purpose for their actions. so the 2 sides have a right to defend themselves but if they think deep, dem dey fight over nothing.

Dude....

You just kill am!!!

Barman give this man 2 bottles abeg...
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by cheruv: 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
Blockus:

What would you rather have Palestine do?! Sit back and allow the Israelis wipe them out?!

At this rate, I support the Palestines. angry Israel should be wiped off the surface of the earth. angry
I love your type grin grin
before 1964,there was no Palestinian nation. in Palestine then before the reestablishment of Israel, there were only two groups.. Arabs and Palestinians(Jews).
anyway since you as achmedinejad's protégé wants to wipe off Israel, I suggest you get yourself an avtomatov Kalashnikova and while you're at that, lemme offer some historical tips to aid you...
1947-49=>the Jewish state is invaded by 7 nations viz Kemet(Egypt), Yarden(Jordan), Siria,Irak,Saudi Arabia,Lebanon and Yemen. Israel not only defeated them but occupied their lands.after the war in 1949,the US forced Israel to give up those areas outside mandate Palestine.
1967=>Israeli forces squared against 3 of its neighbours Kemet, yarden and siria which it defeated via a combo of stunning offensives and excellent manoeuvres. the present peace process is hinged on Israeli return of lands it gained as a result of its victory in this war
1973=>Kemet and Siria launched a war on Israel's holiest day and almost succeeded in knocking out Israel in the first week of the war in their bid to return lands lost in '67.Israel recovered from the shock and countered..ending the war on a victorious note
by '79,Kemet already humiliated and worn out from wars with Israel signed a peace treaty with the Jewish state while Yarden followed suit 15yrs later.no need going further kos by now you've your AKM cheesy
board the plane and start your mission of wiping Israel off the map cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
Blockus:

More Sentiments, less objectivity.. #No Offence.

Pick up the Map of Israel and see how Israel split Palestine into two with one half at the Gaza end and the other at the West bank end, kept out of THEIR ancestral land by High fences, razor wire and watchtowers with snipers.

The issue of human shield is truly sad.. but in a War where you are clearly the underdog, you do what you have to for victory. Remember that the shields they are using are still their own kids and wives and so this can't be as easy as you think for them, but also remember that if they don't fight to get back their land, home and freedom, those kids are dead anyways.

You said Israel loose one of their? Lol.. Israel has Patriot missile knicknamed iron dome that intercepts the cheapasss rockets fired by Hamas. Israel has enough land mass to move their citizens way beyond the missile range of the Hamas rockets, Israel also has the luxury of a missile warning system with an App sef that alerts them of incoming Hamas missiles. The Palestinians in Gaza can't move beyond Israeli rockets range because behind them is the Sea, they also don't have patriot missiles so every single missile fired from Israel hits it's target. Their missile warning system barely allows you upto 5 minutes to find safety before impact and they also have no formidable ally backing them with the same might the Americans are backing Israel.

This isn't a war, this iss an annihilation.
Oh, really? How about the kidnapped Israeli youths? Maybe, you know one or two things about them....? So, your Philistine brothers can't exist if Israel doesn't pack up and leave to where they desire okwaya? Sorry, it's not happening anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by careema(f): 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
BankuTilapia2:

Dont start a fight you cant finish.

its a question. are the teens worth it?
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
nnatom:

hear yourself,assuming the Hamas bombs where not intercepted in mid air where will they land. is it on empty area or pupulated area. bros think well and draw your conclusion wisely.
You dey mind Boko sympathizers?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by fairheven: 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
coogar:

please, don't use your beer parlour tactics in this debate. are the arabs in north africa firing rockets to innocent women & children? is there any perennial crisis in north africa where innocent citizens are being slaughtered by rams.

israel are making the excuse that because weapons are being fired from civilian areas, they are entitled to use indiscriminate total force against civilian areas - that's wrong. they cannot do that.
Beer parlour ke? grin grin angry bro.na u De dodge the debate naa,u said Israel shu move out of Palestinian land,and am saying ,how do u determine who own wt land?because from time "IMO river"humans have been agents of migration,including the Arabs.e.g,the Egyptians that we all read about in the bible an quoran were actually blacks just like the Ethiopians.so over time ,the Arabs have come to disposes them of their lands as well

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by ogmask: 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
barcanista: Hamas was DEMOCRATICALLY elected by Palestinians to lead West Bank. What is Israels problem? why should they be intruding in matters that doesn't concern them? If it were me, I will do more than what hamas did should anyone try to bully and illegally occupy Okrika Kingdom.

Hamas is not in charge in the west bank. Na Gaza dem dey wich is even a smaller territory compared to the west bank.

You never fit caution Ateke wey carry una elders and youths take shine for okrika u dey here they put mouth for matter wey u nor sabi.

Nawa.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
ogaju007:

Bro i understand your view but the fact that we have our problems doesn't stop us from discussing world affairs. US has more problems than naija (My opinion) but yet they package themselves to be the most powerful country in the world.
Its more than just packaging though. I agree they have more problems and in fact I detest them and wish even more problems on them but let's be dispassionate for a moment - they have the world's most powerful military, the world's largest economy, most of the world's cutting edge research and development, a huge manufacturing base and arguably the world's biggest financial hub. If they snap their fingers, Israel will shut up because they have something to back it up with - they provide funding and arms to Israel.
But look at us who first had to lose nearly 6,000 lives before realising that our military needs to be retooled and retrained for 21st century non-conventional warfare, something more serious countries have been doing on a continuous basis. If we put our mouth now who will take us serious? What bite do we have to back up the bark? And that's my point. This continent has some of the best TALKERS in the world but when ordinary Ebola surfaces, we start to beg America to distribute vaccine to us. Of what use is the packaging then?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Daresh(f): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
coogar:

the killing of several hundreds of innocent women & children is what you describe as a "bit" high handed? shocked

ok.....

Why is Hamas using women and children to sheild their weapons? To attract international sympathy?

Israel has weighed their options and have decided their citizens are more important to them than international angst.

The Israelis even give warnings before bombing a target.

Hamas is wrong wrong wrong.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by vedaxcool(m): 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
fairheven:
U tell me,which one have they not denied? And u expected them to own-up?

merely accusing someone doesn't prove guilt, until proof is brought to the table reminding me of the lavon affiar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavon_Affair
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by karpentar: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
what do you expect? She's a muslim

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by coogar: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
Daresh:
Why is Hamas using women and children to sheild their weapons? To attract international sympathy?

Israel has weighed their options and have decided their citizens are more important to them than international angst.

which warnings? like targeting a UN school and killing 10 people? you mean UN schools also hide weapons for the hamas?
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Daresh(f): 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
50calibre: Britain is a mere American stooge, their fear and subservience to America overrides any form of rationality and undermines its relevance internationally. Many people know this and Baroness Warsi (a respected member of the conservative) knows this too.

Not every one has the stomach to sit in the midst of cowards who are too sheepish to stand their grounds or voice their opinions.

The conservative's approach to this conflict has been very idiotic, hypocritical and shameful, Britain prides itself as a champion of human rights and freedom, but somehow they turn taciturn when it comes to Israel, and this is because they're scared of stepping out on their masters in Washington.

Israeli genocide in Gaza has to stop someday, the Arab world itself is very divided, some have been deliberately quiet on this conflict, its imperative the Arab world unite in condemnation of Israel (maybe not for Hamas, but for the little kids being slaughtered)

The Americas are so far the only ones taking a tougher stance, Bolivia has expelled the Israeli ambassador and labelled Israel a terrorist state, Brazil has had some strong words as well, same for Paraguay & Uruguay.

Hitler was justified in his hatred for the Jews.

FYI Hitler mocked the Jews for their docility. His claim was that they were like sheep and wont fight even when you slaughter them.

Did you hear of the Warsaw ghettos where the Jews fought Hitler?

It was Hitler that brought out the fighting spirit in the Jews and their decision to end centuries of torture, mass murder and expulsion.

I tire for all this anti-semitism. They Israelites are fighting for their right to live, to be alive!

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Daresh(f): 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
coogar:

which warnings? like targeting a UN school and killing 10 people? you mean UN schools also hide weapons for the hamas?

You dont know they dont. Or have a tunnel.
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by say4gunit(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Daresh:

U don fall my hand! Dont rely on pro-israel media, go get urself updated!
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Daresh:
The Jews in Israel bought the lands that they occupied from the Arabs during the British Mandate of Palestine. The Palestinians failed to accept the demarcation of the land and decided to declare war on Israel in 1948. Unfortunately they lost and Israel used military force to seize even the land that was allotted to Palestine and even the Sinai from Egypt.

You cannot sell your land and ask for it back because you dont like what the purchasers are doing with it. You cannot fight a war, lose and expect your territory to still be intact. The fact that palestinians are stateless is their own fault.

I agree the Israelis are a bit high handed but when someones sole mission is to wipe you out, you tend to be paranoid. Hamas build their tunnels and missile launchers in schools and mosques. They urge their people to use their bodies to shield these military installations. Then they use their dead to gather international sympathy.

Look let them fight from now till kingdom come, Israel is here to stay forever.

At the bold - can you please post proof(s) of Israel buying the land off anyone?
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by coogar: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
Daresh:

You dont know they dont. Or have a tunnel.

a school that belongs to the united nations would have a tunnel aiding hamas? really? why did israel quickly change their story then that they only suspected militants were operating nearby?

suspicion? militants? 10 people dead!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
The comments on this thread are bewildering and insane. What has her ancestry got to do with her decision to stand by humanity, and tell the truth, based on her conscience as a woman and a mother? Perhaps Ed Miliband(of Jewish ancestry) who attacked David Cameron over the same issue is also of Pakistani descent. Ditto Nick Clegg who has come out to say the same thing.

It seems most of you don't understand what the Gaza strip is like...it's worse than Soweto during apartheid. And the fact that most of you see Mandela as an African hero and ANC as the face of the struggle, for doing exactly the same thing Hamas is doing right now just shows you lot are clueless. And I believe it has more to do with the idi.otic religious nonsense about some fraudulent European Jews being the chosen people - a Zionist propaganda that every discerning mind knows has no merit.

Pathetic folks - you can't stand by an oppressed people now. However, when Africa is on the receiving end, you want the whole world to stand by you!

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
coogar:
a school that belongs to the united nations would have a tunnel aiding hamas? really? why did israel quickly change their story then that they only suspected militants were operating nearby?

suspicion? militants? 10 people dead!!!

Coogs, those tunnels have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism. Gaza strip is under a blockade everywhere and they've been living in a quasi-open air prison induced by Israel and Egypt for decades now. And they use those tunnels to smuggle cheap foods, cheap fuel and other things from Egypt.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
coogar:

sometimes i think you little kids should stay off the internet & go to the local library and read. you are supporting the mass murder of innocent women & children on a public forum. you are a disgrace to the village that took part in contributing to your half-baked education.

by 'coogar', dyu mean to spell 'cougar'? As in 'a woman of middle age who actively seeks the casual, often sexual, companionship of younger males, typically less than 35 years old. By implication a 'sexual predator'?! If yes, you're right! I should stay off from you! LOL! Fyi sir/ma... Wisdom does not come with age! I'm sure if you had to run into a bomb shelter every 30 minutes, you'll be singing a different tune! Until your senses come back to you....or the God of Israel washes your brain, SHALOM! *takes a bow* cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by MrBenSun: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
some people are actually stupid being religious bigots, just because one book said so much about Israel's prowess and spiritual promises makes them biased on the issue. Your thought process baffles me o... Bible or no Bible, this is 21st century, that carnage and mass annihilation on Gaza was overdone; it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, y'all need to see the gruesome pics of the children..and funny enough, the West is watching! I wonder why we even have UN and NATO.. bunch of idiotas
Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by PhumiTJ(f): 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
d fact is hamas woke up a sleeping lion and expect not to be bitten where does DAT happen

dey got what dey deserved

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by hazyfm: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
ogaju007:

If their views dont match with yours, it doesn't make them ignorant... If they are ignorant, then enlighten them. For all you know, you might be the ignorant one. wink

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Gorrbachev: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
careema:

is three teens worth all this bloodshed? its tyranny simple as ABC.

if i start posting pictures of what fulani are doing in Plateau, kaduna and Benue you will log off.

this guy puts it correctly.

"Her resignation has nothing about morality or conscience,this is a just a typical british muslim that feels the only people who are truly her brethren are other muslims who are on the other side of the world who she has never met and would never meet and ofcourse the covert antisemitism .She didn't resign over bedroom tax,she didn't resign or over any issue in britain or issues of muslim intolerance against non muslims ,or the british relation with pakistan and continued persecution of ahmadiyyas and non muslims by muslims in pakistan but put israel in the equation and she has a conscience."

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by MarieSucre(f): 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
I read somewhere that jews used to live in what is present day mecca and a place called Khaybar. let the palestinians and the saudi's agree so that go back to live in mecca and khaybar. abi where them want make dem dey?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
PhumiTJ: d fact is hamas woke up a sleeping lion and expect not to be bitten where does DAT happen

dey got what dey deserved

And who's the "sleeping lion?"

The one that kills defenseless women and children because it can lay claim to billions of dollars of military funding from America and the EU, no? grin

IDF is all hot air - cut American and EU funding, and it'll get its ar.se whooped out there. Hezbollah already whooped that ar.se in 2006.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by fairheven: 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
say4gunit: May Ebola virus strike isreal! I swear this world is a scam, may God punish all those in support of killing of women and children!
The world should bury itself in shame.
For those in nairaland that are blindly supporting israel to be killing innocent civilians then i pray "maybSango strike u"
And wt do say to ASSAD that has been using chemical weapon on the Syrian people?haven't seen u condemn him for once,so how do u reconcile ur outburst?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy by Firefire(m): 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
MarieSucre: the hypocrisy in the world don tire me. it is wrong for israel to just go and occupy people's land. I read somewhere that jews used to live in what is present day mecca and a place called Khaybar. let the palestinians and the saudi's agree so that go back to live in mecca and khaybar. abi where them want make dem dey?

That mean you are looking for BIGGER Wahala... Mecca/Khabar shocked shocked shocked

NOT POSSIBLE.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Massive Explosion In Milan, Many Cars On Fire / Photos Egypt Palm Sunday Explosion That Killed 37 & Injuring 95 / North Korea Fires Ballistic Missile From Submarine Towards Japan( Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.